Crossroads Hospice Employee Reviews in United States

Amazing company
PR (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 6, 2015
I have worked for Crossroads Hospice 1 1/2 years now and I have found this company to be all it claims to be. Patient care is always first, foremost and above-and-beyond. (Routine care, the Watch Program, Even More Care) Crossroads Hospice is active in the community and gives back to the community. In addition to exceptional patient care, there are specialized programs for the patients and families (Gift of a Day, Veteran Recognition, Life Journal, Grief Recovery) Management is very supportive of all the staff. Benefits are much better than most (company paid health, optional vision, dental, life, 401K, mileage based on current fuel prices, generous PLT). New hire training and orientation is indepth and when completed, new hire has the tools and resources to be successful. Employees are valued and company goes out of its way to make sure each employee knows they are valued.(company paid retreat, picnics, cook outs, awards, discipline and individual acknowlegement). Will you work, work hard and have stressful situations? Of course, that's what work and careers entail. Will you have support, help and encouragement? Most definitely! As with any career, you get out of it what you put into it. If you want a career with this company, Crossroads Hospice management will make sure you succeed. If you are just looking for a paycheck, don't apply.
Terrible company to work for in Oklahoma
provider relations (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 25, 2015
CRH is an amazing company that provides the best hospice care available. However, if you are accepting a job in the OKC area be prepared to enter an unhealthy and unorganized work environment. CRH promises top notch training but provides NO training. The turnover rate is constant. The breakdown in communication within the office is unbearable. No one in this office knows the correct answer to any questions. Expectation of job duties change daily. Executive director hardly answers emails and has an "open door" policy, yet, his door is ALWAYS closed. He is unapproachable and lacks leadership skills. There is a reason the OKC site has the lowest census, and it is not because the company is bad at hopdice, they have untrained individuals who work for them. If you dont catch on right away(no training provided) you will get fired. This site needs a lot of help!
Pros
benefit package is outstanding, and work environment outside of Oklahoma is perfect. Tennessee, Kansas and Atlanta are all great
Cons
No training provided. High turn-over, no direction. no open communication.
good leadership in the organization
Assistant Clinical Director (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 27, 2016
chart reviews, assistance with operations, attendance to meetings.
Learned was the philosophy of hospice and the importance to allow someone to die with dignity.
Management was good; however, poor communication as a team.
Co-workers were very good nurses that provided encouragement to each other.
hardest part of the job included was poor follow through in corrective actions.
overall culture was always in good spirits.
Pros
culture and relationship with the nurses
Cons
poor communication
Crossroads Hospice-C2 communications CSL
CSL (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 16, 2015
This company is not meant to make a career out of. More fit for college students/young people and not adults with many responsibilities. The managers are not on the same page and hold personal grudges. Many racial issues that have occurred with management as well. They have joked about many social issues that are not fit for the work place. The pay is not enough to cover the amount of work the employees have to do. Much favoritism. It is an easy job, however, It is in need of more structure. The managers are definitely in need of managerial training.
This place needs a new administration
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  PANovember 27, 2015
I loved working for crossroads. I work many hours of ot and filled in alot of gaps when people either quit or got fired. Overall I loved my nurses and my patients but Administration in philadelphia is the worse ever. They would just discipline you off of other employees words and they are just not fair at all. They never show appreciation for putting a wear and tear on your car. They also send you in some of thee worse enviornments that u could possibly imagine and they dont carr while they ait back in the office having a feast. They have fired some of the best hard working people I have ever worked with for the pettiest things.
Pros
Loving patients
Cons
They dont appreciate your harf work.
Hospice Aide/CNA (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 24, 2016
I love Crossroads, I have been there six years and I have learned, great things, I thank them for hiring me and giving me a chance to share my abilities as a worker, and the opportunity to learn, even more, the have been one of the best companies, I have ever worked for.
Pros
Great job benefits in all aspects, believe in taking care of their workers and flexible
Cons
Sometimes, there are lots of changes that have to be made, that are hard for everyone.
Hospice Nursing
RN Case Manager/Weekend RN (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 27, 2016
Typical day at work involved seeing multiple patients in multiple areas within a 60 mile radius.
Two days a week I traveled over 110 miles to see 6 patients in areas that other nurses also went.

Co-workers were great to work with. The STNAs, Chaplains, Social Workers and other RNs were so supportive which made this job well worth it.

I learned a lot about Hospice nursing which I had never done before especially from my medical director.
Morally rewarding patient care
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Green, OHMarch 16, 2016
The work itself was rewarding and emotionally fulfilling. Providing care for others is a beautiful thing. Coworkers and management were all good to work with as a team .
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
mandatory on call
Great Hospice Company
Admissions RN (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 16, 2016
Emphasis on Quality is strong. Company is structured well. Clothing is provided with option to purchase additional. Company is stable and is someplace you know you can be working 5 -10 years later.
Pros
company provides free employee insurance.
Cons
expected to work over often.
Research and communicate before you start...
staff member (Former Employee) –  MemphisSeptember 27, 2015
Are you familiar with the word Micromanagement? If you are currently looking to work at Crossroads speak with couple of people before you start....This place has a high turn over rate and management needs to take classes on communication with employees and micromanaging tendencies, which cut into your ability to get work done. They have lost good employees because of this as well! As a nurse you have to write down everything! You don't have any documentation before you enter a patient home sometimes...(your life might be on the line) you visit bad neighborhoods sometimes/patients. Pay scale is good. But at the end of the day are you happy? You want to work for a company that loves you for what you do as an employee not by how much they can profit!!
Pros
pay
Cons
micromanagement
productive work place
Patient Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 28, 2016
Awesome customer care, great place to work and have your Hospice needs provided for, if you need assistance for your loved ones this is the place to choose.
Crossroads
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOJuly 11, 2016
Great Company to work for, caring team and dedicated personnel! I would recommend this company to any of my own family if they were ever in need of hospice.
Felt like family
STNA/Tech (Current Employee) –  Green, OHMay 13, 2016
I love working with hospice, and crossroads is a wonderful place to work, its like working with family. I love it. They take care of there employees like family.
Great Company
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 8, 2016
Great care and people who work here. Very caring staff and an easy, supportive environment. Highly recommended
na
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Green, OHApril 26, 2016
busy company, turn over rate is ridiculous. will not investigate family complaints to what nursing documents, takes families word over employees
Punitive environtment
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  AnonymousOctober 3, 2014
The management is out of touch and doesn't realize that the only reason the care is so good is because of the staff. Yet, they treat the staff poorly. Staff can get written up by anyone (in or out of the organization), for anything, even anonymously or with no evidence. I have seen people get suspended or fired for things that are out of their control or very minor or false. And these people were not given any chance to defend themselves.

It could be a great organization as the model is wonderful and all sounds great on paper. But the management just smiles and then pushes staff around. Working with the families is great and most of the staff is wonderful, but it just is a horrible environment where staff are constantly in fear of losing their jobs.

Staff benefits are not good. Staff is always overworked. Time off is small and has to be used even for holiday time off. Retirement matching is pitiful. CNAs make almost nothing but do an incredible amount of work, lovingly caring for patients. And all this while the owners have a private jet. Not cool.

I would recommend going elsewhere.
Pros
working with families and patients
Cons
punitive management, little time off, overworked
OC Nurse
On Call Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bartlett, TnApril 18, 2015
Crossroads is a stress free work environment. The goal is to provide optimal patient care, and I would say most of the staff have this goal. This has been my favor nursing job. I feel blessed to be a part of the organizations.
Pros
Salary, benefits, co-workers- no stress work zone
Cons
I don't have any
Great Staff, Poor Corporate & Local Management
Office Staff (Former Employee) –  Valley View, OHMarch 3, 2013
When I first started working for Crossroads Hospice their philosophy of care was above reproach. While they have struggled to maintain this philosophy, and their field staff works diligently to do so daily, their leadership has lost touch and lost sight of their primary goal and only cares about the bottom line. Worse yet, they DO NOT value their employees. The work environment is punitive, hostile and write-ups are a given for just about any and every reason.
While Crossroads currently still offers a service that is a cut above the rest, this is mostly due to their caring staff. Crossroads Hospice is at high risk of becoming just another number crunching hospice that gives average care.
Pros
caring staff, decent wages & benefits
Cons
corporate concerned more about $$ then patient care. do not value their employees.
Green is go!
:) (Former Employee) –  Green, OHOctober 8, 2015
Open door policy is actually a thing! The management is wonderful, helpful and truly care about your needs and knows how difficult hospice care for the employee can be at times. When you first start working there, everyone is nice; the thing is that "niceness" never goes away. Genuinely wonderful people all working towards a common goal: excellent patient care.
Pros
Excellent training and ongoing education, truly remarkable patient care protocols
Cons
cannot think of a single con.
Not at all what I expected
Case manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City MOAugust 21, 2014
Absolutely no support to the nurses in the field, their out there to drown while ACD can go home at 5 or be taking "breaks" to smoke. Forget having plans after work, you'll never make it there. Old style with papers, need to come to the 2014 world with computer charting.
With favoritism "the cool kids" can be lazy, insufficient, and take short cuts but praised. Management has no clue how unhappy employees are. Seen a few crying because of the stress and worried about being written up. If your not liked, count your days you'll be gone shortly for some reason.
Handful of caring, compassionate coworkers. The rest are more worried about how quickly to get done with the patients and back to office to socialize.
Chaplains, SW are all amazing and are the only support to the nurses/HHA. If not for them this company would be in a world of hurt. Hardest part is having to leave a pt when there's still things to do for them, but your schedule doesn't allow you to complete them. Gotta meet that quota!
I loved the coworkers that were in it for the right reason, but soon they will wear down too and leave.
Overall a poisonous environment!!!!
Pros
patients and families are the best part
Cons
hours worked and never ending paperwork.

2.9