Crossroads Hospice Employee Reviews

a decent fun place to work
Hospice Aide (Current Employee) –  GAJune 5, 2017
what i enjoyed the most is working at my own pace being able to make my own schedule, feeling a sence of freedom lots of freedom on the job; communication is fair i must say so myself.
Pros
free healthcare
Cons
lots of driving.
Chaplain
Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Valley View, OHMay 30, 2017
My role as a hospice chaplain for the past six years has been rewarding, challenging and inspiring. After years of grief counseling and working with the dying my views on life and living have more meaning. A typical day would include visiting patients, scheduling appointments, Bible study and or memorial service. The workplace culture was diverse. The hardest part of the job was grieving over patients whom you cared for. The most enjoyable part of the job was providing spiritual support to those who were grieving.
something new every day
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 16, 2017
lots of direct patient care, opportunity to form close working relationships with coworkers and patients, good collaboration of team members, decent benefits
Pros
tokens program
Cons
staffing problems
A company that expects more so they give more
STNA/HHA (Current Employee) –  Green, OHMay 11, 2017
Crossroads hospice is a great place to work there's a lot of teamwork and they really care about the patients and their families I am happy to be a part of the team
Pros
Great company nice fun and friendly coworkers
Census was low so the company laid us off
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAMay 11, 2017
This company is fair with case loads and everyone seem happy. The pay could be better and mileage reimbursement should be higher. Over all a cool company to work for no issues but the normal office atmosphere drama.
Pros
Something like family
Cons
Compensation
Great job for the right person
RN on call (Current Employee) –  Independence moMay 4, 2017
Overall a very good place to work with potential advancement and competitive pay. Lots of freedom with the job and you get to experience such heartfelt compassionate staff and patients. This job takes a special person but it's very rewarding.
Pros
Freedom, competitive pay, strong leadership.
Cons
Health insurance, Lots of driving, RNs are salary pay, at times can be dangerous
Nice company to work for
Admit nurse/ Oncall staff/Primary Nurse (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOApril 29, 2017
Nice company to work for. Benefits were great and pay schedule was right on target. Company was large but still personable. Had opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Big company
Horrible place to work.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 5, 2017
No training. No management. Staff turnover 80% 4-5 people a week leaving. Insurance benefits are a joke. The leaders are too busy ordering lunch to answer questions. Orientation and training non-existant. You will be held accountable even though you have not had proper training. People being fired weekly because they disagree with management. This place is a joke.
Pros
A pay check
RUN as fast as you can.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 5, 2017
Poor management. Unorganized. Lots of on-call. People quitting or getting walked out daily. Patients and families complain. If management doesn't like you they will get rid of you. Health benefits worst I have ever seen had to get obama care. Patients mismanaged. They will make up "false" complaints to get rid of the employees they don't like. If you like to kiss up and work long hours its perfect for you.
Pros
Cons
Read the review
n/a
N/A (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 3, 2017
The management is pretty bad. We have poor health insurance and benifits. I love the patients but no teamwork or apreciations for what you do, but I loev my job
Pros
love working with patients
Cons
poor health insurance
providing days off,company parties,raises for com
Palliative Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 24, 2017
My typical day is going to office and assure that daily staff care is provided to each patients.Work with others in a professional manner.
.Work with any new staff that enjoys working with the patients through out this overall process Feeling sad for the families when the patient leaves us from this planet. If you to be-friend someone from another you may learn some thing you had no knowledge about know.
Pros
hour lunches on short days, food provided by marketers for staff
Cons
extra patient staff load if you have multiple patient load, when
Producive job
Certified Nurse Assistant/Hospice Aid (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 24, 2017
My day is always produtive,enjoy being able to be with patients and their families at their time of need although during the time of death maybe sad its always good to have a great support system
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Short breaks
Mismanaged in many ways.
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, OHMarch 15, 2017
Employee reviews based on gossip rather than performance. Bullying incidences tolerated and/or ignored.
Overworked staff;
Executive Director with limited experience
Pros
Some really good people.
Cons
The best people leave.
amazing staff, terrible management
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Valley View, OHFebruary 23, 2017
When I first started working at Crossroads I thought that I would never leave here, I absolutely loved it here. The direct staff I work with are amazing !!! But some things in the past few months have gone wrong and I just don't feel the same. The staff are as amazing as they can be, but the management level has decreased leaving many wanting change.
Pros
nothing
Cons
healthcare insurance
productive and kind environment
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 22, 2017
We care about our patients and you can tell by the extra time we take for them. My work load is managed so that I can meet the needs of my patient's. The culture is nice too. I wish we had better benefits.
Pros
culture
benefits
Productive enviornment
Home Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Lenexa KSFebruary 16, 2017
I gained knowledge regarding end of life care and how to provide emotional support to families. I learned how to work in a team and how to manage stress.
Pros
great staff
Cons
stress
Great company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  3669 Shelby oakJanuary 27, 2017
Crossroads hospice is a great company to work for. They take pride in helping people's. I never met anyone out of the 6 yrs I worked there that didn't love what they was doing. The only reason I left is the company downsized and laid 50 people off and I was in the number.otherwise I would still be at crossroad. I loved working there and have the most respect for the company.
Pros
I love all of they programs
Cons
I love crossroads hospice
Productive Hospice Company
REFERRAL COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 24, 2017
Overall Crossroads Hospice is a great company to work for if helping others is your passion. Your coworkers become like family and its all about teamwork.
Hospice Aide
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, OHJanuary 23, 2017
I loved my job as a hospice aide. I learned so much from my coworkers, especially the nurses. I enjoyed getting to know the families and learning about the patient.
great care is still given
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, OHDecember 31, 2016
Company has had some challenges, overall great care is still given. Great teamwork, we have pulled together to care for our patients/families, despite long hrs
Pros
teamwork and a common goal to serve
Cons
lay offs, poor benefits, more work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crossroads Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9