Crossroads Rhode Island is the leading homeless service organization in Rhode Island. We provide 24 hour assistance, 7 days a week to homeless Rhode Islanders ranging from infants to octogenarians... from adults with only a 6th grade education to those with Ph.D.s. Crossroads is a private, non-profit organization that relies on the generosity of our donors and supporters to help ensure we have the necessary funding for critical programs that provide the continuum of care that allow individuals and families to, once again, become independent.
Our mission and core values guide all programs and services at Crossroads:
The mission of Crossroads Rhode Island is to help homeless or at-risk individuals and families secure stable homes. We do this by providing a continuum of care that includes basic emergency needs, shelter, housing, case management and vocational services for individuals and families.
Our Core values underlie every action, policy, plan, procedure and decision at Crossroads:
Safety – Promoting an environment free from physical and emotional harm and ensuring a feeling of security and comfort to all.
Respect – Acknowledging the intrinsic worth of every person.
Effectiveness – Delivering services and managing the organization with efficiency, professionalism, innovation and accountability.
The Director of Housing manages all business and tenant service activities for owned, leased and rental properties providing permanent housing for formerly homeless individuals and couples. This position will oversee the day to day functions of the program including staff supervision and support, client/resident relations, physical condition, and programmatic compliance and budget management.
Key responsibilities include:
- Advocates for the mission of the organization and leads in a manner consistent with the agency’s values.
- Manages staff and department functions including property leasing and administration, case management/social services, and clinical services.
- Works effectively, communicates and collaborates closely with other Crossroads’ functions such as facilities, other housing staff, finance, safety and social services to successfully manage, monitor and maintain the program and properties.
- Implements and oversees the tenant application, selection and waitlist process in compliance with HUD regulations and the Rhode Island Housing Administrative Plan.
- Ensures that the programs are at all times in compliance with state and federal laws including in particular, fair housing.
- Ensures program compliance with LIHTC and Section 8 programs, including all reporting and communications with investors, agents and monitoring entities.
- Oversees/ monitors all tenant lease ups, lease recertification and modifications, rent collections and deposits, and supervises move out activities and corrective steps or eviction in lease agreement violation cases. Implements tenant recruiting strategies to ensure an active waitlist and minimal vacancy time.
- Participates in the investigation/resolution of client complaints and conflicts.
- Represents the organization in court as necessary on tenant-related issues.
- Responsible for developing and managing the budget for each property/program.
- Ensures that all funding regulations and regulatory policies are being complied with and that all necessary documentation is complete.
- Ensures that facilities meet quality standards by conducting regular physical inspections, with the Director of Facilities and individually.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, preferably in business administration, finance or real estate from an accredited institution of higher education. Advance coursework, certifications or Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience working in affordable housing, property management or homeless services with management experience required.
- Experience with Federal/State housing programs: Section 8, LIHTC, HOME, SHP and others. Valid LIHTC certification or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- Strong management skills and leadership qualities.
- Knowledge of business practices and principles, programs that impact homeless persons; government housing program regulations and requirements.
- Knowledge of diverse populations and committed to working with the homeless and disconnected population.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Effective negotiating and people management skills.
- Effective team leader both within the department and collaboratively across departments; able to build successful relationships interagency and with other service providers, funders, government departments and staff.
- Budget and financial management skills.
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record.
- Bilingual with the ability to speak and write Spanish is desirable.
This position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Diversity candidates are encouraged to apply. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO
Indeed - 18 months ago
Crossroads Rhode Island, formerly Travelers Aid of Rhode Island, is the largest homeless services organization in the state. We provide...