Crossroads Treatment Centers Employee Reviews

The company is very cutthroat and lack of ethics relating towards patient care
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VADecember 19, 2017
Cooperate sells you on a lie when they hire you by promising their employees the world. I found out that the benefits that I was promised was inaccurate after I was hired. The staff that runs the clinic are not even that experienced within the field of Substance Abuse. I would highly suggest to stay away from this company!
Pros
Steady hours
Cons
Cutthroat, highly stressful work environment!
Office/Admin experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Entire S.C. areaNovember 12, 2017
This is a terrible company to work for. The culture is what it is,either like it or it's not a fit. It is a learning experience on all ends. Management; Director,Program Director, Corporate whomever job title they make up next is a joke. They will throw you under the bus,or cover their "own" at all cost. If you're not married to, in a relationship with, in a clique with, or having a fling with..consider your job..unsecured. Trust. Not happening there. This even trickles down to the patient care; or lack there of. To many unprofessional,and inadequate instances,and broken rules happen when it comes to staff and patient care. This would be the absolute last place I'd refer any patient to,or anyone looking for a job. No matter how long you've been there,as stated above, you will never be appreciated, given your timely bonuses,raises,or stand a chance to work a job you enjoy.
Pros
Patient interaction
Cons
High turnover of staff, including corporate staff
Peace Officer? Fancy name for a guard/watchman.
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Ringgold, GAOctober 30, 2017
They say they are searching for a Peace Officer. However, a Peace Officer is a highly trained, and certified law enforcement officer. What they are really looking for is a minimum wage security guard. Calling a guard a Peace Officer is not only unethical, it may be illegal. If you buy into their lies, you will do well here.
Great environment
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 9, 2017
Loved the job and comradeship. Very fast paced and stressful at times. Poor management and no room for advancement. I love the job hours more than anything and being able to be of service to patients changing their lives.
Pros
Hours, office space
Cons
Expensive healthcare
Most Unethical Company I Have Encountered
Counseling Staff/Management Staff (Former Employee) –  USASeptember 17, 2017
Unrealistic expectations without the time, support, training, or resources to meet those expectations. Patient care is second to checking boxes. Potential to be an incredible company based on the policies and practices they preach, but this potential is sadly not realized. Local management is often wonderful, but corporate is unable (or perhaps just unwilling) to provide backing to the good intentions of local leaders.

Employees are all replaceable and they have no difficulty bribing an individual to sacrifice their emotional health, physical health, personal life, and sanity performing multiple job roles all the while making moves to replace them with someone they can pay less. Any sense that you might not conform to their box checking, cold hearted system and you are on the chopping block.

They definitely promote from within and support career advancement if you are comfortable throwing the nearest employee under the bus while being willing to sacrifice your sanity and any work life balance to ensure that you are in a position to get ahead. That might be the norm in plenty of fields, but in the counseling field, it really makes it difficult to create an environment where a healthy team of staff can provide the best patient care.

Didn't get into this field to check boxes for an unreasonably large (and unethical) caseload. People's lives are on the line. However, if you are comfortable sacrificing patient care for checking boxes to watch your paycheck grow and earn a fancy new title, this could be the place for you. I'll happily take a pay cut to go elsewhere and
  more... have the time and resources to ensure patients needs are met.  less
Pros
Incredible patients, Many employees are incredible personally and professionally, And again, incredible patients.
Cons
Unreasonable/impossible expectations, Little training, No support from the corporate level, Environment that promotes backstabbing, Insists staff remain quietly complicit in unethical practices, Values money over people- both employees and patients.
Women center residential treatment
Medical PCC (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEAugust 15, 2017
Crossroads is a women's centered residential treatment center. It is in a beautiful house and an intimate setting. Staff work as a team with strong leadership.
Professional enabling at its finest
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 8, 2017
Anyone that truly understands the disease of addiction will quickly find out how horrible this company is. Management does not know what they are doing at all either. Avoid working here at all costs.
Cons
Large caseload and no real counseling with patients
Horrible Place To Work
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  KentuckyJuly 7, 2017
Very cliquey, very back stabby, management will throw employees under the bus in a heartbeat.Management always plays favorites with their friends. Poor management, very stressful, too many tasks to get done--but of course, management blames employees. An all around bad experience, there is a reason they have a more than 50% turnover rate! A good place to start to see if you want to check the field, but a very poor place to stay!
Pros
Few
Cons
Mostly cons, high turnover rates, high stress, poor management
Relaxed Environment
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 11, 2017
Working with Crossroads was a wonderful experience. The have a great staff and everyone works together to serve the patients. Down side at the early mornings and six day work week.
Pros
Good Pay, Friendly Staff
Cons
six day work week, Early morning start 430AM
Unethical practices, hostile work environment, not for the compassionate person
CADC (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 2, 2017
Expect a case load of 45-55 patients even though corporate sets a 50 patient max. Expect management and other employees to be cold, insensitive, and backstabbing. After all, it is the only way to get ahead at this company. Clients are treated as a source of money, not as individuals. Corporate implements ridiculous programs with no input from the employees forced to carry out the programs. The focus is less on recovery and more on creating life long customers. The hours are good and if you are not motivated by pay or decent treatment and appreciation for your hard work, it can be rewarding. The patients are almost all wonderful people. Too bad you'll seldom have time to help them.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
hostile work environment, all about money not patients, no support, terrible pay
Most unethical company I've ever worked for!
Clinical Counselor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 11, 2017
They do not care about their patients or employees, upper management are all friends or relatives so employees don't stand a chance of moving up or keeping their jobs if they aren't superheroes. Expected to work 7.5 hours/day and not a minute over but have a checklist of items that have to be completed before you leave each day! So if you have a lot of intakes or patients in crisis, you have to either blow off the patients or not get the checklist done, in which case you get written up! It's a no win situation, plus you are so busy doing their counseling program with patients that there is no time to work on what the patients want or need to work on! Patients and employees run for your lives!
Pros
The patients
Cons
Benefits stink, impossible job requirements, unethical management
Great place, Love the hours
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Seneca, SCMay 8, 2017
Great staff and patients. Love the hours.
The staff is a very great staff and the patients are great to work with. The hours are a great perk of the job.
Pros
Hours, environment, relaxed setting
Unprecedented
Prospective Employee (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAMay 1, 2017
I was told I had the job I was sent to do the PPD and UA and even signed the offer letter. I waited for them to do the background check and check my references and never heard back from them finally I checked with the Director who was sweet and forthcoming. I was then told HR was supposed to contact me but they never did and that the position had been filled. I'm still shocked as I find it very surprising a company has never been that unprofessional in its approach to a prospective new employee good thing I still have my Federal job.
Horrible
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Ringgold GAMay 1, 2017
If I could have given it no stars then I would have. Horrible environment. Unethical, hypocritical, and greedy. They do not care about the employees or patients they serve.
A good place to work if you want to feel your work is worthwhile, and pay is not your motivation.
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Ringgold, GAApril 30, 2017
Local clinic has caring and supportive management. Corporate office is not always as supportive. Is a fast-paced environment but with good time management, is very doable.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Frequent changes in expectations.
Worst place I've ever worked
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAApril 27, 2017
I left my job to go work for this company that was the biggest mistake I've ever made it my life. There are lies on top of lies to get you in the company then they treat you Bad. I absolutely hated it every day was worst then the one before but I tried onmake the best of it. If you don't kiss their behinds you won't have a job.
Pros
People
Cons
Everything else
Had to leave
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCFebruary 14, 2017
Pay is terrible. Benefits are almost 50% of your paycheck. They'll say 40 hrs a week but I was never there more than 35 a week. Corporate treats you like dirt. Clients are great. Management was terrible. You're set up for failure from the first day you start. Don't apply. The job won't last long.
Pros
Hours
Cons
No breaks. Terrible management.
Worst place I have ever worked
Counselor (Former Employee) –  NCDecember 23, 2016
This company is full of liars. Very unprofessional PD's and management. They treat patients and staff like trash. Very hostile work environment.
I should have went to McDonald's. Stay away!!!!
Pros
patients
Cons
Unprofessional PD's and management, treat patients and staff like trash, very hostile work environment
Great people - Fast paced
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 6, 2016
I've been in this profession for a long time and in each center I've ever worked at turnover is high. This work is hard and requires you to be patient with people who are not alway easy to be around (patients).

This company is going through a growth spurt and that is hard for everybody. Regardless of what facility you work at, you'll either make your employment incredible and serve people who need help or you'll grumble about how things are run. I've seen both groups of people at this company - Team players and people who complain about everything.

Any one who has probs with management should schedule a meeting to talk to them. If you do that and things are still bad, fine. At least make an effort to improve your environment first.

Anyone who wants to help people in recovery and likes a team work atmosphere would do well here.
Pros
team work environment, helping people
Cons
early mornings
Loved
Administrative Assistant "L2E department" (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 13, 2016
Great job many opportunities have come from the time I spent here. I really found out what I truly like and what I want as far as a career.. it's really exciting working with all the different branches of county and eye opening how much it takes developing something like that
Pros
People
Cons
People