The Customer Service / Inside Sales Representative is responsible for ensuring all customers who come in contact with Crossville Tile & Stone receive excellent service, while adhering to company policies and procedures. This person in this position takes direction and reports to the branch operations manager.
Responsible for processing all customer orders to completion either via delivery or will call
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all customers receive excellent customer service
- Solve customer problems
- Help to maintain the condition of the branch
- Work directly with customers in customer service
- Answer telephones within 3 rings
- Process customer orders accurately
- Maintain a file of product literature (Manufacturer binders and brochures)
- Coordinate contractor referrals with customers
- Update order status
- Expediting reports
- Clean up unprocessed orders
- Consolidation of transfers met within time criteria
- Receive material within 24 hours
- Inventory register report
- Update Open order report and communicate with warehouse of order status in staged areas
- Provide light warehouse support
- Schedule delivery and reminder calls
- Order maintenance
- Call customers to communicate order status and ETA’s quickly.
- Order stocked material
- Assist sales representatives
- Contractor event planning
- Complete projects or assignments as delegated by the supervisor.
- Back up other positions within the department when needed.
- Pitch in to help Branch and Coworkers
- Maintain safety at all times (clean up spills, signage on wet floors, etc.)
- Maintain positive communication skills
- Maintain an organized work area
- Suggestive selling while placing orders and maintains displays (tools, saws, cleaners, sealer’s)
- Invoice orders
- Efficiently process returns
- Assist customers in the showroom when needed
- Assist warehouse staff when necessary
- File all paperwork correctly (invoices, faxes, receipts)
- Prepare nightly deposit
- Prepare refreshments for morning customers
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures
- Must be available to work every other Saturday.
- Positive attitude and helpful demeanor
- Prudence of time management & organizational efficiency
- Ability to operate independently
- Good written and verbal skills required
- Team oriented including participation in departmental meetings
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel
- Use of common sense, logic, & reasoning for effective seizing opportunities
- Aptitude to separate process issues from people
- Maintain professional appearance
Personal skills and qualifications include:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to solve problems & implement/manage solutions, organizational skills, and listening skills
- Confident, sincere, honest, team oriented, self motivated, enthusiastic, take direction well, courteous, professional appearance, solution oriented
About the company:
Crossville Tile & Stone is part of a family of tile and stone showrooms and distribution centers across the country, owned by renowned U.S. tile manufacturer Crossville, Inc. The brand name is respected in the industry and recognized nationwide as the leader design, quality and sustainability. Each CT&S branch is positioned as a leader for tile, natural stone and design ideas and installation solutions in its local region, backed by the resources and support of a national organization.
Crossville Tile & Stone is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your resume, preferably in PDF format.