Crotched Mountain Rehabilitation Center

Crotched Mountain Rehabilitation Center Employee Reviews

Intense and stressful
Para Educator (Teacher Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, NHDecember 21, 2017
Incredible experience to getting to know about special need individuals. The people staying and going to school are usually are in the higher end of the spectrum. The people are very supportive of each other and they are very chill. There is never a moment of boredom
Pros
Nice quiet area
Cons
Middle of nowhere, definitely need own transportation
Fun to work if you have personal skills
CR 2 (Former Employee) –  New HampshireDecember 20, 2017
Good place to work but stress will take your breath if you can't cope with other people. if one can manage a time it's a good place to work. lots of over time.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Rewards Are Long-Term
Residential Counselor III (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, NHNovember 17, 2017
When working with young clients, a typical 2nd shift at CMRC includes retrieving your client from his classroom, bringing him to an after-school activity, and then returning to his unit for the remainder of the evening. What happens in your client's day after getting back to the unit is entirely up to/between the two of you. There's very little peer interaction. Staffing ratios are 1:1 for a vast majority of clients here, but on its own merit, this does not lend itself to a sense of being on a team or being goal-oriented. The main objective is to provide and maintain safety for clients who have little safety awareness and/or behavioral episodes. You can accomplish this goal if you're willing to put in time and effort, and can take a hit or two.

There are many opportunities for advancement. With over 20 programs on the mountain, they're frequently looking for accomplished staff to promote into management positions. However, this is not an enviable role because managers are expected to be in ratio with clients in addition to completing a great deal of paperwork and attending meetings. Very often, managers work more than 50 hours per week, but as salaried workers, they earn no overtime.

One of the most difficult aspects of this job is the knowledge that demonstrating excellence will frequently mean your role changes and you will be moved from one program to another to suit the needs/desires of the organization. This can damage the trusting relationships you've built with your clients, who may not understand why you're not spending time with them anymore. Clients who experience
  more... the sudden loss of a trusted staff may act out or regress into behaviors they'd spent a lot of time trying to minimize or eliminate. For staff who have invested a lot of time and effort into these relationships, this can be very stressful and demoralizing.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the fruits of your labors with clients, when they begin to open up to you after you're struggled to make a connection with them, or when they demonstrate an understanding of what you're trying to teach or promote. Make no mistake, these are long-term goals, and you won't see results within the first week or month of your presence in their lives. But if you make an honest effort, they will eventually come to notice it, and place their trust in you. They will understand that you are there to be their help, their guidance, and their guardian.
Pros
Competitive pay, excellent healthcare and benefits
Cons
High levels of stress, low communication, lacking sense of teamwork
Oppurtunity for recent under grads to seek employment
Para Educator Special Education (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, NHNovember 16, 2017
Good place to explore career options, and develop new skills. a good place to explore ability, and to offer collaborative support to others. Hours are negotiable.
Pros
physical location and natural setting
Cons
reduced salary increases, and reduced education oppurtunites for staff
Facilities are closed
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, NHOctober 31, 2017
The work was challenging. There was great teamwork among the clinical staff and physicians. My immediate supervisor was wonderful to work with.

I had planned to stay at CMRC but the Board of Directors decided to close the facilities due to lack of adequate funding. We worked to relocate patients and residents to suitable facilities and the doors closed in August of 2017.

Note that the Crotched Mountain School is still in operation.
Cons
The facilities are closed
A challenging kind of work that requires a lot of patience
Residential Counselor II (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, NHOctober 14, 2017
Many trainings that is very beneficial to all the workers, thanks to CM. No complain of the management, my manager and the lead are awesome, my co-workers are awesome, there is smile and many hi and hellos with other CM employees.
Hardest part of the job is when you will be with a client that all it want is to walk in your shift. Also when you see them sick.
The most enjoyable part there is when you see the client happy and smiling, interact with staff and they eat good.
A great place to grow your education
LNA/MNA/Mentor/BLS instructor (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, NHAugust 31, 2017
Unfortunately I had to leave due to the commute it's in the middle of nowhere on a mountain .beautiful place to work with a great education program and work advancements.
Cool Place feel great about the work you do!
Living Skills Instructor (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, NHAugust 18, 2017
Great place. Love working there. Not for everyone. Need to be able to work under stress. Understanding and patience for special needs individuals is a MUST.
Pros
can feel good about your job
Cons
Sometimes your day is difficult
Fast paced
Administrative Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, NHJuly 30, 2017
When I started working there 23 yrs ago it was a wonderful place to work. Face paced and could be stressful at times, (what job isn't). They cared for there staff and clients. Over time things have gone down hill with each CEO. The CEO that we have now has no heart keeps making cut backs. Will not listen to anyone on other ideas.
Residential Counselor 2 (Current Employee) –  Crotched mountain rehabilitation centerJuly 16, 2017
Lots of good peaple working here can be very challenging job but a rewarding job working with students. Great senic veiws playground, indoor pool,restaurant for students.
Pros
Lot of good staff .
Cons
No raises .
Co-workers are like family
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, NHJuly 13, 2017
Sad to see the hospital/rehab closing. I've been here for 4 years and have learned very much. Seeing the difference you make in someone's life if extremely rewarding.
A horrible place to work
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, NHJuly 8, 2017
save yourself the trouble and don't work here, management and training are scarce at best. I have never felt more underappreciated in my life. they insist safety is priority, never have I heard a bigger lie
The organization needs an overhaul
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, NHJuly 6, 2017
I worked there for over three years and never received a raise, despite being promised one. The work is hard and people are seldom willing to help each other out.

The most enjoyable part was working with the clients and feeling like you made a difference in someone's day.
Pros
Cons
No break, no raises, colleagues were lazy
Challenging, working with brain injured adults
MDS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, NHJuly 4, 2017
I have enjoyed the team work between the therapy staff and the nursing staff. The challenge of working with the MDS which is designed for the elderly and making it work for children and young adults. During my tenure at Crotched mountain I have developed my management style and gained confidence in a leadership role. During my workday I could be called upon for any number of tasks including working closely with Case Managers for care planning and discharge planning. I have developed a rapport with difficult patients. The most difficult part of the job at this time is the closure of the hospital unit and parting with the staff; they truly have a calling to work with our patients.
Crotched Mountain has been a second Family to me
Client Funding Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, NHJune 23, 2017
It has been a pleasure working for a company that supports people with disabilities in the outstanding fashion that it does. I have seen many clients thrive in this facility and move on to living full and happy lives.
Pros
family atmosphere
Cons
unknown
Brain and spinal cord injury hospital and rehab
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, NHJune 17, 2017
I started out as an LNA and transitioned to an LNA 2 until I graduated with my nursing degree. I was fully supported through this transition. Everyone was very helpful and considerate through those long two years. Since graduating, I have learned a tremendous amount. I'm sad to see this place go.
It's a rewarding environment
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, NHJune 5, 2017
I enjoyed working here because the opportunity for overtime hours was unlimited and the residents were not easy to work with but memorable and loving.
It is a good Rehab Center
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, NHMay 27, 2017
It was my first job in USA. I got to learn lots of things from this foundation. I learned how to handle the disable client and to to take good care of them.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short break
Must love what you do.
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, NHJanuary 26, 2017
although I worked nights, and had little interaction with the clients, the environment and the benefits were exceptional. Loved most if not all of my co-workers.
Benefits
Great rewards
Residential (Current Employee) –  Greenfield NHMay 4, 2016
If you have the heart and patients...you will get lots rewards by helping shape lives. If you work hard, there is opportunity to advance.
It can be hard work because it takes time to shape behaviors. But in the end you will know you helped. Many different shifts to fit your schedule and when life changes you can change into a different schedule.
Pros
Rewards of helping others.
Cons
Compensations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crotched Mountain Rehabilitation Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Crotched Mountain Rehabilitation Center Reviews by Location