Crotched Mountain Rehabilitation Center

Crotched Mountain Rehabilitation Center Employee Reviews in United States

worst job
LNA (Former Employee) –  NHApril 28, 2015
Loved working for and helping the clients. But the Management and other Supervisors don't help you when you have issues. The job has 12 hour shifts, and don't get any hardly shows any appreciation. You don't get raises or bonuses. If you come in for any extra shift or stay late come in when there's a blizzard you get no thank yous from no one except the people that work with you on the floor.There were times when my and fellow co workers would go and bring our concerns about something about a certain situation and nothing would get done about it. I will never work there again!
Pros
being able to help people
Cons
management
Rewarding work, disorganized
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, NHDecember 10, 2015
Rewarding work for those looking with experience working with people with disabilities. Good staff, but somewhat disorganized management, wage increases are rare.
Pros
Supporting co-workers, a variety of schedule options
Cons
Costly health plan, wage increases rare
Great rewards
Residential (Current Employee) –  Greenfield NHMay 4, 2016
If you have the heart and patients...you will get lots rewards by helping shape lives. If you work hard, there is opportunity to advance.
It can be hard work because it takes time to shape behaviors. But in the end you will know you helped. Many different shifts to fit your schedule and when life changes you can change into a different schedule.
Pros
Rewards of helping others.
Cons
Compensations
ILS Instructor
Independent Living Skills Trainer (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 11, 2015
Always starting the day with information from family member or previous staff. Assist, coach, prompt my client in all planned activities. Transport to appointments and other activities. Oversee and assist with all ADL's. Transcribe and document all activities. The hardest part of my job was I was sensitive to insult and out lashes.
I learned how to not take anything personally. People who have TBI's are more likely to have extreme emotional bouts to none at all. I learned a lot about neurology, and am still interested in the brain and how it effects us on all levels. The most enjoyable part was doing activities with my client and the feeling of friendship more than work.
Pros
Family environment, not a institutional setting, hours flexible
Cons
Unpredictable often startling angry outburst.Pay was'nt generous. Not much job security.
Crotched Mountain
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, NHSeptember 16, 2015
I enjoyed my career at Crotched Mountain, unfortunately the "out patient " department I worked for was closed down. I then decided to take my skills and look for similar positions.
A stressful but rewarding workplace
Paraprofessional Educator (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, NHSeptember 23, 2015
It is not easy to work at Crotched Mountain but I had a truly wonderful experience there and worked with really, really great people.
Unsafe and short staffed
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, NHJuly 13, 2015
This is the most dysfunctional environment I have ever worked in. Poor management of time, money and staff. Very unsafe environment for patients and staff. I hope there is a change soon this could be a great place.
Pros
Cons
everything
Nsna
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, NHAugust 7, 2015
A great organization with a lot of interesting people. Goal oriented and team work driven. Lots of resources available to members
Totem Pole Dynamics
LNA (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, NHApril 11, 2015
Regarding the hospitals:
At the time of this review, things are very unstable there. I hesitate to say negative things, because over the course of a couple years I was introduced to a wide variety of positive experiences.

However, there has been a break down. It begins with a tight budget, continues with management directives that are sometimes impossible to manage effectively, and ends with lower staffing and an increased realization that the further you go up the totem pole, the less they care about what goes on at the bottom so long as their paper work is done at the end of the week.

And I want to be very clear. I don't think CMRC has had a nursing supervisor that wasn't completely respectful and on the ball. However, the work that they are asked to undertake is simply exhausting and at times impossible. More than a couple times I have seen nursing supervisors leave on the spot, because they were asked to do something by upper management that jeopardized their reputation and licenses. This is not how things should be... and rarely did I ever see the people giving the orders. It's easy for them to give orders when they don't have to see the consequences of their decisions.

In the end, it all comes down to money, and one of two things is happening with their budget: 1) it's simply degenerating, or 2) someone's wasting it away.

This is from the perspective of someone relatively intelligent who was working at the bottom of that totem pole. CMRC is now having trouble simply hiring people. The senior workers had concerns that no one cared about, so they left.
  more... The population of the area is not high. They have $500 referral bonuses and can't get people in fast enough. Now, CMRC is so desperate to keep workers that an employee needs to demonstrate an almost appalling amount of incompetence to get fired... and it's making the competent workers leave. Not a good situation at all, and the only way it's going to get fixed is if someone at the top starts caring about the little people... because our happiness is everyone else's.  less
Pros
Broad Experience, Amazing Staff
Cons
Low Staffing
Great place
Residential Counselor II (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, NHMarch 3, 2015
The 2 years that I was working for this company was an amazing 2 years. Its a fun and up beat enviroment. I would recommend it to anyone.
Crotched Mountain helps children with Autism and Brain Injury
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, NHOctober 11, 2012
Good place to work but to many conflicting ideas on how to handle violent children to many employees being hurt causing lots of stress
Pros
oppitunity to help clients
Cons
to many chiefs not enough indians very weak management
Supportive rehab
Intern, Client Inclusion Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, NHJuly 24, 2013
The facility provides many different rehab services for patients with TBI, and other disabilities. The facility is very supportive of its patients, providing them with any resource that is possible for patient support.
Great place to work, not for everyone
Residential Counselor II (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, NHJune 3, 2013
I was originally given the impression that I would be in something like a mentor role with autistic teens, only it was after school and in a residential setting. I know that happens on the campus but for the house I ended up in it's more about just keeping the students physically safe while dodging the occasional bite, kick, or punch. It's totally worth it for folks that are able to wind down after work instead of going home to three young children of their own, like me, where things are still pretty high-energy. The management is pretty supportive of staff and the philosophy of the campus rocks but it isn't always followed properly because some situations simply require a different response. An example would be if a student is known to cause property destruction. As long as it doesn't lead to a physically harmful situation, beds/televisions/computers can always be replaced - so says the philosophy. In practice, however, after a couple mattresses get ruined and holes get kicked in the walls repeatedly, some maintenance or management start to get a little cranky. The hardest part of the job is probably just shifting your focus to pay one hundred percent attention to your student, who might be trying to communicate with you through non-verbal means. The most enjoyable part, though, is when you catch it and you have a great night and you know the student was able to effectively communicate his or her needs and you just have a great shift together.
Pros
dress comfortable, lots of opportunity for overtime and exercise, growth and experience in the field
Cons
high stress, high potential for physical injury
Much personal fullfilment
Residential Counselor II (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, NHJanuary 8, 2014
My co-workers are very conscienscious about the clients they care for . Personal interaction with clients and staf is great!