CROTCHED MOUNTAIN REHABILITATION CENTER

CROTCHED MOUNTAIN REHABILITATION CENTER United States Employee Reviews

Totem Pole Dynamics
LNA (Former Employee), Greenfield, NHApril 11, 2015
Pros: Broad Experience, Amazing Staff
Cons: Low Staffing
Regarding the hospitals:
At the time of this review, things are very unstable there. I hesitate to say negative things, because over the course of a couple years I was introduced to a wide variety of positive experiences.

However, there has been a break down. It begins with a tight budget, continues with management directives that are sometimes impossible to manage effectively, and ends with lower staffing and an increased realization that the further you go up the totem pole, the less they care about what goes on at the bottom so long as their paper work is done at the end of the week.

And I want to be very clear. I don't think CMRC has had a nursing supervisor that wasn't completely respectful and on the ball. However, the work that they are asked to undertake is simply exhausting and at times impossible. More than a couple times I have seen nursing supervisors leave on the spot, because they were asked to do something by upper management that jeopardized their reputation and licenses. This is not how things should be... and rarely did I ever see the people giving the orders. It's easy for them to give orders when they don't have to see the consequences of their decisions.

In the end, it all comes down to money, and one of two things is happening with their budget: 1) it's simply degenerating, or 2) someone's wasting it away.

This is from the perspective of someone relatively intelligent who was working at the bottom of that totem pole. CMRC is now having trouble simply hiring people. The senior workers had concerns that no one cared about, so they left. – more... The population of the area is not high. They have $500 referral bonuses and can't get people in fast enough. Now, CMRC is so desperate to keep workers that an employee needs to demonstrate an almost appalling amount of incompetence to get fired... and it's making the competent workers leave. Not a good situation at all, and the only way it's going to get fixed is if someone at the top starts caring about the little people... because our happiness is everyone else's. – less
Much personal fullfilment
Residential Counselor II (Current Employee), Greenfield, NHJanuary 8, 2014
My co-workers are very conscienscious about the clients they care for . Personal interaction with clients and staf is great!
Great place to work, not for everyone
Residential Counselor II (Current Employee), Greenfield, NHJune 3, 2013
Pros: dress comfortable, lots of opportunity for overtime and exercise, growth and experience in the field
Cons: high stress, high potential for physical injury
I was originally given the impression that I would be in something like a mentor role with autistic teens, only it was after school and in a residential setting. I know that happens on the campus but for the house I ended up in it's more about just keeping the students physically safe while dodging the occasional bite, kick, or punch. It's totally worth it for folks that are able to wind down after work instead of going home to three young children of their own, like me, where things are still pretty high-energy. The management is pretty supportive of staff and the philosophy of the campus rocks but it isn't always followed properly because some situations simply require a different response. An example would be if a student is known to cause property destruction. As long as it doesn't lead to a physically harmful situation, beds/televisions/computers can always be replaced - so says the philosophy. In practice, however, after a couple mattresses get ruined and holes get kicked in the walls repeatedly, some maintenance or management start to get a little cranky. The hardest part of the job is probably just shifting your focus to pay one hundred percent attention to your student, who might be trying to communicate with you through non-verbal means. The most enjoyable part, though, is when you catch it and you have a great night and you know the student was able to effectively communicate his or her needs and you just have a great shift together.

About CROTCHED MOUNTAIN REHABILITATION CENTER

If you have a passion for assisting people with disabilities, join Crotched Mountain’s team of dedicated employees. You’ll – Read more

CROTCHED MOUNTAIN REHABILITATION CENTER Photos

Posted yellow flags in the link, in recognition of Direct Support Professional's day!