Crouse Hospital Employee Reviews

Review
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 8, 2017
It was what I expected. It was a simple job run by a mostly absent manager. Coworkers for the most part were great. The pay was great for what was required. Shifts could have been better and better for the company if changed from 8 to 12 hours.
Very fast paced
Crouse Hospital Care Coordination Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 11, 2017
Gained a lot of experience over the years that I worked there. Very wide variety in work. Did not do the same thing daily. Helped out where needed to keep workflow going.
Pros
excellent benefits
Nice facility
Registered Nurse/Orthopedics/Recovery Care (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 9, 2017
Friendly staff very helpful. Clean environment. Opportunities for growth and higher education. Fair staff to patient ratio, as fair as any other facility. Supportive management.
Family environment
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 2, 2017
I enjoyed working at Crouse Hospital. My immediate supervisor was excellent and let me spread my wings. The upper administration changed in my time there and became less personable and less community oriented. They also seem to be continually running in the red and their answer is to layoff instead of making the necessary changes.
Pros
Not stressful
Cons
Poor financial leadership
Great Place to work
HEALTH INFO. MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 15, 2017
Crouse offers a wonderful benefits package and their employees are fun to work with. Work environment is enjoyable and management does not hang over your shoulder. You are trusted to do the job and get it done without being looked after constantly.
Patient Access Representative is my desired position.
Patient Account Representative/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 6, 2017
When I was a Patient Access Representative, I loved my job, it was faced paced at times and I enjoyed working with patients. I enjoyed them and the patients liked me. The hardest part was saying goodbye to some and not seeing them again. The patients come first and I always treated them the way I would want my family members to be treated. People that are going through health tests and procedures need compassion and understanding. Children are scared at times so I would give them a sticker or a stuffed animal to play with to try to cheer them up. I have always worked well with others and I am team oriented. I have had a few managers some better than others. My current position as Patient Account Representative/Cashier , I have come to the decision is not for me. My place is with the patients. I am very hard working, I have always had excellent attendance, I am flexible and I am always willing to help anyone in need of assistance.
Pros
Good company to work for the compensation and benefits can't be beat.
Cons
Some decisions that have been made are unfavorable.
fine work place
Manager, Sterile Processing (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 18, 2017
I Worked here for 35 years a review is really not necessary. good culture, good environment for care. HR practices need work. All in All highly recomended
Very Short Term Temo Job
H.I.M. Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 1, 2017
I absolutely loved working in Health Information Management at Crouse. The job was great. Working hard and the night went fast. Every single person was pleasant and helpful. They told you what and where to work and left you be.
Pros
Independence, Charts, Crouse Hospital
Cons
Job had an expiration date, no benefits, 2nd shift
Over all crouse s a good place to work for
Laborer AND DELIVER ANTTEND (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 30, 2017
I really enjoy working for crouse hosptial special seeing the babies being born. My job wasn't hard for me I new the job and I came in every night and did my job. I always want to be a nurse, so was next best, and was going to occ.To
Family oriented, Stressful but fulfilling
ICU Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 19, 2017
A typical day at work involved answering and directing phone calls, making educated decisions, and helping medical staff with all administrative duties. I learned customer service skills to a T. Management was reasonable and informative. Workplace culture was like family. The hardest part was patients dying. The most enjoyable part was being a part of the team and getting recognition for a job well done.
Good
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 13, 2017
Nice Place Been an employee for years some staff is really nice just like any other work place food is good in cafeteria HR staff reall nice and helpful
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 10, 2017
Friendly atmosphere. Plenty of people to learn from and go to for support. Its a great community. Medium sized community hospital with great oppoturnities
Productive and fun workplace. You feel you are working with your family members.
Certified Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 7, 2017
Crouse Hospital is an excellent workplace to join. I have been working at Crouse over 3 years. It is customer oriented healthcare organization with highly supportive and encouraging working environment
Birth Registrar Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 31, 2017
Have always loved working at Crouse! Friendly staff, great with patients and families, easy access to different departments. New Operation Room and PACU
Great company
Health Information Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 27, 2017
I learned a lot while working here. a typical day at work was slow and steady. the culture was nice and the people i encountered daily were enjoyable.
Crouse has a diverse atmosphere that was a great place to work.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 27, 2017
Crouse hospital is a 500+ bed hospital that offers a wide range of services to patients. Patients are treated acutely by a large team of multidisciplinary physicians and outpatient with our ambulatory surgical services as well. We also offer the only NICU in the tri-county area for those babies who are high risk and in need of a higher level of care.
Pros
Family oriented, diverse with opportunities for career growth.
Cons
Often times short staffed
Big family
Health Information Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 26, 2017
It's like a big family where everyone knows almost everything about you. Nice place to work.

Cons. If you work as a beginner is gonna be hard... to much pressure from "some" co-workers who pretend to be like your boss... in special if those people are REAL relatives/friends of your Boss.
Pros
Nice place, good pay.
Cons
To many relatives works together...
Helped nurses with patient care
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 2, 2017
This job helped a ton when it came to helping me get through nursing school based on the experience of what I learned working on the unit I was on.
Great opportunity to work with a diverse community
Registrar/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 13, 2017
Promotes opportunity to learn and take care of self. Union atmosphere protects some staff that are not qualified for position they possess if they have sufficient 'years' with the company.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Always uncertain if you will be part of next position cuts
productive and fun work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 9, 2017
When I get to work I change in to my scrubs. Go to my floor get my cart and start to clean my rooms sweep mop and clean the bathroom .And then I will take my dirty lennen

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crouse Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3