Crouse Hospital Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work, fantastic co workers and employee benefits.
Staff Speech Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NY 13210November 2, 2016
Worked full time IP adult and NICU. Worked days 7-3:30 and alternating weekend and holiday. Excellent co workers and staff. Supportive management and colleagues.
Nice place to work
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 3, 2016
You can not be a slacker as most days you are very busy, great benefits, great bunch of people, care about their employees and recognizes the different departments through out the year.
Pros
Good benefit package
Cons
sometimes short staffed which makes your job very stressful
great place to work
Clinical Information Coord (Former Employee) –  6 West TowerJuly 13, 2016
I enjoyed working at Crouse for the past 14 years all the people I worked with were very nice and easy to work with. The company was ok to work for I did not care for the Union,but other than that it was fine.
Average
Employee (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 14, 2016
Great benefits, some people really love it. Turnover (i.e. people getting fired, laid off, etc) is high. Would not work there again.
Overall a good place to work
Physical Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 21, 2016
Crouse Hospital is very busy and there is not much down time. Weekends are required and can make it hard to spend time with family. I would have continued working there but I wanted to finish my Bachelors degree and travel. The pay and benefits are above average.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Little down time and working weekends
Professional and Open Space to Learn
Simply Well Intern (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 13, 2016
As a student intern, my job is to wear many hats while working in the Wellness Department through the Simply Well initiative. I have had the opportunity to grow, learn from my mistakes, and network with a community of care driven healthcare professionals. I love coming in every day.
Pros
Friendly staff, highly experienced administration
Cons
Unpaid internship
great place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 10, 2016
I have worked at Crouse for many years and take pride in the organization and the care that patients receive. Family oriented organization. Management works well with staff.
A fun environment, filled with hard working people
Junior Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 6, 2016
I learned how to work with patients as well as with other workers. I learned that there is no "I" in TEAM. They truly take that to heart at Crouse. Everyone works together, and shares ideas about what to do next. It was a good first junior volunteer job.
Overall a great place to work
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 5, 2016
I have worked at Crouse for 6 months and I find that most people are friendly. Pay is great and benefits are as well. It is very hard to bid on other jobs as your in a union and it goes by seniority.
Great for life experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New YorkFebruary 13, 2016
Depends on what you like to do for work. Some days are better than others but that's like most jobs. I do not really have too much to say about this job.
Crouse Hospital
Nutritional Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 1, 2016
I love working at Crouse because the people and environment are welcoming. My employer makes me feel like an individual that holds a specific position within a corporation. I enjoy collaborating with other health professionals to provide excellent patient care. Crouse allows me to excel in customer service and build upon my career in nutrition.
Great place to work.
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 23, 2016
While employed at Crouse Hospital, I worked in the Business Office in the Authorization/Verification sub-division. This was my first position with a hospital, and it provided a great insight as to how the in-patient billing field differs from the out-patient provider billing that I have worked with for the majority of my experience.

I worked very closely with the management, as well as with all of my co-workers. I was elected as the President of the Business Office Action Committee, and I took great pleasure in holding the seat.

On a typical day, I would make approximately 100 to 125 calls to patients to verify their demographics, the area that I concentrated on was out-patient diagnostics.

Although this position was not directly related to my medical billing experience, I enjoyed working with the patients through telecommunication. Work in this area comes naturally to me.

My daughter fell ill in 2014, and the illness resulted in her having a section of her brain removed. She is doing well and recovering as expected, however, it has put a hold on my availability for work due to the fact that she is out of school for the time being. I would very much like to find a position that would allow me to work from home.
Pros
Easy access to Syracuse University shops, great work atmosphere, credit union, payroll deduction available for many things
Cons
Commute to work was 45 minutes, parking, traffic
Great company, Incredible benefits
Aide Attendant/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 26, 2015
I loved working for Crouse, its a great job with great benefits. I left to peruse management opportunities. VERY good work environment and place to work.
A fast paced friendly work environment
MRI Tech Aid (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 27, 2015
An environment filled with a work varying from appointments, orders received from night prior and exams ordered throughout the day by physicians. I would also help the MRI technologist with setting up coils, MRI metal sheet questionnaire review, patient transport, patient verification, contrast verifications signed by radiologist.
Not a bad place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 6, 2015
I would recommend this hospital.Growth has occurred within the hospital allowing for more specialty areas and experiences
We are a family and love working together as a team!
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 29, 2015
A typical day would start out by checking all of our crash carts, monitors, supply carts. Assessing the staff needs of the day by reviewing the surgical schedule. Setting up IV's needed in our infusion room. I have learned that by treating each individual patient like a member of your family you are giving the best patient care possible. I've also learned that teamwork is the best for high morale among my co workers. I generally enjoy everyday on my job. The hardest part of my job may be the pace of our surgical schedule. Being a one day surgical center we sometimes do a high volume and at times it may feel like a mini factory! I love all of my coworkers! We have fun together!
Pros
Great coworkers, and nurse manger
Cons
Inconsistency in census. Sometimes low census and we need to float elasewhere, and sometimes high census without enough help. But the latter is rare!
Excellent employer
Engineering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 11, 2014
Great work environment. Busy and face paced. Great co-workers.
Great Place to work, many employee perks
Administrative Secretary, Hospitalist Office (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 10, 2014
Crouse Hospital is a good place to work and treats their employees with respect. Most of the jobs in the hospital are fast paced, but breaks and lunch periods are enforced by the management team.
benefits
Great place to work, needs better managers
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 28, 2014
If you get lucky enough to work in the Patient Access Department have fun. You will make some good friends, but be careful of management as the current manager there (CK) is a joke. Lack of skills and knowledge. If you have questions, go to your senior coworkers as that is what she will tell you to do.

Typical day is talking to patients, updating information and verifying insurance. This department has HUGE turnover, people get in & then transfer just as quickly and from what my former coworkers stated, it's all because of management.
Pros
Good pay, chance to grow within the company
Cons
Lack of management skills, work - life balance does not exist, no such thing as doctors excuses (no matter how sick you are)
Productive with great learning experiences
Clinical Inventory and Equipment Specialist, LPN (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 14, 2014
My day was always different. I learned that the inventory office never closed no matter what was going on.... I had to be an adaptable multi-organizer, be detail oriented and have the ability to go with the flow. Strong moral work ethics are a must.
I worked with a great management team and always felt that my insight and clinical knowledge was invaluable to the workplace.
Pros
creating good working relationships, earning the respect of your peers
Cons
lunch and or breaks at desk, at times work all day and not complete one task

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crouse Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3