Crouse Hospital

Crouse Hospital Employee Reviews

We are a family and love working together as a team!
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Great coworkers, and nurse manger
Cons: Inconsistency in census. Sometimes low census and we need to float elasewhere, and sometimes high census without enough help. But the latter is rare!
A typical day would start out by checking all of our crash carts, monitors, supply carts. Assessing the staff needs of the day by reviewing the surgical schedule. Setting up IV's needed in our infusion room. I have learned that by treating each individual patient like a member of your family you are giving the best patient care possible. I've also learned that teamwork is the best for high morale among my co workers. I generally enjoy everyday on my job. The hardest part of my job may be the pace of our surgical schedule. Being a one day surgical center we sometimes do a high volume and at times it may feel like a mini factory! I love all of my coworkers! We have fun together!
Excellent employer
Engineering Supervisor (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYNovember 11, 2014
Great work environment. Busy and face paced. Great co-workers.
Great Place to work, many employee perks
Administrative Secretary, Hospitalist Office (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: benefits
Crouse Hospital is a good place to work and treats their employees with respect. Most of the jobs in the hospital are fast paced, but breaks and lunch periods are enforced by the management team.
Great place to work, needs better managers
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYAugust 28, 2014
Pros: good pay, chance to grow within the company
Cons: lack of management skills, work - life balance does not exist, no such thing as doctors excuses (no matter how sick you are)
If you get lucky enough to work in the Patient Access Department have fun. You will make some good friends, but be careful of management as the current manager there (CK) is a joke. Lack of skills and knowledge. If you have questions, go to your senior coworkers as that is what she will tell you to do.

Typical day is talking to patients, updating information and verifying insurance. This department has HUGE turnover, people get in & then transfer just as quickly and from what my former coworkers stated, it's all because of management.
nice environment
Attendant, Department of environment services (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYAugust 26, 2014
liked the interaction with staff members and patients
......................
...............
Productive with great learning experiences
Clinical Inventory and Equipment Specialist, LPN (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYAugust 14, 2014
Pros: creating good working relationships, earning the respect of your peers
Cons: lunch and or breaks at desk, at times work all day and not complete one task
My day was always different. I learned that the inventory office never closed no matter what was going on.... I had to be an adaptable multi-organizer, be detail oriented and have the ability to go with the flow. Strong moral work ethics are a must.
I worked with a great management team and always felt that my insight and clinical knowledge was invaluable to the workplace.
Teamwork centered med/surg floor
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJune 19, 2014
Pros: close knit staff
Cons: small staff; often had to work short handed
The floor that I worked on was smaller with only 19 beds. Therefore, we did not have many people working at one time. It was essential for the nurses and nurse assistants to work together to care for our patients. This has been my only nursing job since I graduated from nursing school in 2010, so all of my learning experiences have come from this position. The hardest part of my job was getting attached to my patients, although that was usually the best part of my job as well.
best job ever
Elevator Operator (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJune 3, 2014
I loved this job. I worked as a elevator operator providing fast services using the elevators to transport patients.
work is fun
Registered Nurse for 4 North Telemetry (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYApril 1, 2014
loved going to work each day. The staff is amazing. They really treated the patients like family
Receptionist/Customer Service (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYMarch 29, 2014
It was a busy job which I enjoyed very much. I came in contact with alot of people.
Excellent opportunity for new grads
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYMarch 17, 2014
Great place to start out in radiology. Excellent team to teach and grow your skills.
Environment to Learn and prosper as a supply chain professional
Lean Six Sigma Intern (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYFebruary 6, 2014
My Typical day at work would involved collaborating with a team of 3 working on continuous process improvement to achieve high customer satisfaction rate.
I AM CONTENT!!!!
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: employee discounts from out-side venders to lunch
CROUSE HAS IT'S NEGATIVE POINTS, BUT THE POSITIVES OUT WAYS THE NEGATIVES WHEN IT COMES TO THERE EMPLOYEES.
no complaints
certified coding specialist (Current Employee), syracuse, nyDecember 20, 2013
great place to work - very flexible with family- people work together - good management
Career Advancement
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYDecember 15, 2013
Pros: nice people to work with
Can advance in career throughout hospital
Wonderful people to work with
Flexible work schedule
I learn something different everyday
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYDecember 3, 2013
Working in the hospital is quite the experince. I think the thing I enjoy the most is helping the patients feel better the least part about my job that I dont like is when a person dies and we have to put them in a body bag and take them down to the morgue.
Great Place to work!
HIM Student (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYDecember 1, 2013
Crouse is a great hospital to work! They truly value their employees!
Great job, great training, great benefits
Inpatient Coder (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYNovember 30, 2013
I enjoy my full time position and i am searching for a second job as a remote part time inpatient coder.
Great intern experience
Communications Intern (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYNovember 29, 2013
I learned a ton working in Crouse's Communications office, where I was treated not as a mere intern, but as a member of their team. It was a great experience!
No job security
RN (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYNovember 27, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: everything else
I enjoyed the job itself so much. However I was told I would be orienting part time (I was in school) then was put full time anyway told "you have to deal with it". I ended up running myself and my family into the ground trying to balance work and school and my child and myself ended up getting sick and were hospitalized, the day I was allowed to come back I was let go! The worst part is after my manager let me go I was told it was "HR" who decided this, so I went up to HR to ask and they said "we had no idea"! Very sad, my experience was devastating, my advice is stay away, very unstable hospital.

1 2 3

About Crouse Hospital

Crouse Hospital, with 2,700 employees, is one of Central New York's largest employers. We serve more than 24,000 inpatients, 65,000 – Read more

Crouse Hospital Salaries

Registered Nurse
$76,000 per year

Crouse Hospital Photos

Start a Career in a Hospital that Cares About You!