We're Crowdly, a Facebook Marketing startup and Techstars alum. We're growing and are looking for an additional back-end dev. Our ideal candidate has strong back-end experience developing Ruby on Rails apps, as well as the necessary front-end skills to compliment. They can wear multiple hats and is able to work projects that include both front-end and back-end development.
We're not looking for a 'code monkey'. We're looking for a human with coding chops, ideas/opinions, and character.
- We want to meet you.
- We collaborate. We all sit across a table from each other and talk about sales, fundraising, product, engineering.
- We own our work. Everyone is an adult and is trusted to show up and ship results. No micromanaging here.
- We love shipping as a team. And catching Sox or Bruins games. And planning oyster shucks. And drinking as a team.
- We are a startup. But in a grownup, money-raised-and-in-the-bank, will-still-be-entrepreneurs-when-we're-rich kind of way.
- We use Facebook. And we're committed to making the platform more useful for our customers.
- We have friends, have lives outside of Crowdly (we've never slept under our desks), and we wear nice shoes. Well… Scott's in flip-flops.
Desired Skills & Experience
- You have deployed Ruby on Rails apps to production, managed them at load, and optimized them. Even better if you've built and deployed engines. Deployed being the keyword. You ship product first, optimize second.
- You can tackle stories on your own, collaborate with people sitting at the desk next to you, and lead a feature-set sprint.
- You test.
- You have developed and implemented best-practices for multi-tenant applications.
- You hate clunky JSON responses. Given the choice between slow SQL queries and a hungry crocodile, you'd pick the crocodile.
- You cache your dreams in your sleep.
- You are familiar with Facebook's Graph API - maybe you aren't an expert, but you've found at least one undocumented feature.
- You get a kick out of refactoring ugly code.
- You will work from our world headquarters here in the Seaport, Boston aka 'Innovation District'.
- You have friends, have a life outside of work, and wear nice shoes.
We're a startup company with a good headstart and really big plans, and need great people to help us get there. Competitive compensation includes base, bonus, equity, and benefits. Details will be discussed on follow up.
If this sounds like you, let's start talking. Please include any relevant info (resume, portfolio, github, fascinating side projects, etc.), and include Back End dev in the subject line or your intro. No recruiters please.
Crowdly is an Advocate Management Platform for big brands on Facebook. We're the only ones that can tell a brand who every single fan is, every interaction each fan has taken, and offer ways that they can authentically connect with their superfans.
Indeed - 12 months ago
Crowdly is an Advocate Management Platform for big brands on Facebook. We're the only ones that can tell a brand who every single fan is,...