Crowley Maritime Employee Reviews in United States

Great company little growth
Warehouse Person (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 24, 2016
A typical day is physically demanding.Learned a lot about logistics.Management wasn't that grateful for dedicated workers.Co-workers were great.The hardest part of the job was working in extreme temperatures.The most enjoyable part of the job is learning what I learned about logistics.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
low pay, hard labor
I liked the chief mate and captain
3rd Mate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 20, 2015
Decent ship. The chief mate and captain were pretty chill, but we still got things done, and the run wasn't terrible. We went to Europe and not the middle east.
management
Freight Broker (Current Employee) –  unknownSeptember 9, 2015
I support our management team to the fullist. I know they have support me during some difficult times in the short time that I have been with the company,
Crowley takes care of their employees
Tug Chief Engineer(Relief) (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 30, 2014
Crowley is a good place for those that take pride in their work and want to be appreciated. If you want a free ride and whine about everything, stay away. The pay isn't the highest around, but the crews and living conditions are good. Crowley doesn't like to lay off mariners and will keep valued employees employed during the slow season. It is not uncommon to encounter 40-50yr employees.
Pros
good food, crews, decent compensation, training
Cons
ibu pension/healthcare not very good
Valued 'Heads Down' work for Design, Development, Unit testing & QA Support.
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 8, 2014
SDLC was encouraged, but the Company wasn't structured to accomplish it very effectively.
I worked with MQ Broker for the first time, as opposed to MQ Series.
Pros
lots of company sponsored lunches.
Cons
tendency to over-simplify project requirements.
Easygoing Office
Admin (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLOctober 22, 2013
My time at the office is great at Titan Salvage but I as well made great friends which is good for a person who moved to a location where they dont know anyone.
Review
Project Manager III (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 2, 2013
Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects within the information technology department across all Lines of Business. Oversee all aspects of projects. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, monitor and summarize progress of all projects. Build and maintain working relationships with team members from all impacted Lines of Business, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects. Prepare reports for Executives and Stakeholdholders regarding the status of project. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Perform a variety of tasks. Lead and directs the work of others. Have multiple direct reports ranging from Developers, Business Analysts, System Analysts and Quality Assurance. Have a wide degree of creativity and latitude. Overarching Project Manager for multiple multi-million dollar projects as well as defining their Project Management Process. Currently there is not one in place. Responsible for creating, streamlining and implementing an End to End Project Management standardized process that follows SDLC standards.
Cons
Good company to work for
Captain (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 22, 2012
Very political. Little for a Captain to advance to. Can not move around within the company due to many union(s) and their rules.
Pros
values
Cons
very political
Great company
Import Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 9, 2012
I loved my job and gained so much of my experience there. Management was strict but fair and willing to help. A very structured company with great values. The hardest part of my job I guess would be that I was sometimes overwhelmed because we were short staffed, but great co-workers and a great place to work.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short staffed
Empresa agradável e otima de se trabalhar
Executivo de Contas/Business Developer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 4, 2014
Empresa fantastica que propicia ao funcionário ter um equilíbrio entre trabalho e vida pessoal.
Otimos beneficios e cultura empresarial

4.5