Crowley Maritime Employee Reviews

Solid company with drawbacks
Senior Logistics Analyst/Business Development (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 9, 2017
Crowley maintains a great dedication to its employees and genuinely cares.

Major issue was with advancement and structure. My department has very poor structure and in such very difficult to advance.
Pros
Job security
Great Place to work
Import Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Medley, FLMarch 21, 2017
Great Job to work, benefits are awesome. everyone is friendly. its a lot of work load in the seasons but that tells you a lot about the business. Everyone works as a team and very helpful to one another when needed. wish i can stay permanent but this is just a temp assignment for me,
Fun place to work
Cadet Aboard ATB Legacy and ATB Legend (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 13, 2017
Crowley is a caring company that takes care of both it's people and the environment. would recommend to all job seekers that they apply if appropriate.
Good Company
Inland Operations. (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 11, 2017
Great benefits and good company to work for. I do not have anything bad to say about the company . I enjoy working for Crowley .
If you work in Logistics or Inter-modal then the volume of work will be high and will be overtime for sure. The company appreciates your motivation and pays for the overtime as well.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
high volume of work
Unique Marine Industry Experience
Second Mate (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJanuary 22, 2017
I was with Crowley Marine for most of 2013, assigned to one of their Ocean-Class tugs as Second Mate/DPO. It was a Union job which was new to me and overall my experience was favorable.
Pros
Good crews, nice accomodations
Cons
salary renegotiations
What I really like about my Job
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 27, 2016
My job as a marine engineer is for me a hobby and I like to say I love the challenges this job give me.

It educate me to be a good manager and that even when I had a tough challenge . I learn that in this field you never give up.

The jobs I had was demanding was physically hard and when you manage over 3000 people you understand that team work is the most important skills you have to implement .

The feedback from your employer is that you surround your self with respect, trust and that you have a great level of integrity is comforting for the organisation you are working for

The goal as manager as I see it is to give the organisation you work for the security and that the objective the ownership require to succeed financially and be a profitable business exist

And that ownership is willing to give you the support you need to succeed
Pros
That I can be appriciate for what i do
Cons
That it is not easy but ownership is aware of that you will try your best
Fun place to work
3rd Assistant Engineer (Former Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 14, 2016
The vessel in which I was employed had a solid crew and we got the job done in a safe and environmentally safe manner at all times.

I learned a lot by being employed on this vessel.
A great company with the usual drawbacks.
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 12, 2016
The Crowley Culture is real, and they mean what they say when it comes to employee safety. The company has many different business units, so the opportunities to grow and advance are nearly endless. Their pay is not the best, but the benefits package more than makes up for it. It is a great place for people at any stage in their career.

The downside: once you are out of the clique or have a manager who doesn't live the Crowley Values, you might as well find another job. HR is not there to help employees--they work for the company. That is true everywhere, but especially at Crowley.
Pros
Culture, safety, environment
Cons
Office politics, allow harassment by managers
Modern office and pleasant work environment
MANAGER CONTRACT OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 10, 2016
Enjoyed going to work every day. Great people and interesting challenging work. Great corporate culture with excellent benefits.
Pros
Great working conditions
Cons
Communication improvements required.
what i learned
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Port Everglades, FLSeptember 23, 2016
this company give me such much experience on import and export
very nice company, co-workers are very friendly and they have a very good team work, supervisor are very helpful people
Lack of hiring its employee
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 10, 2016
Crowley Maritime would not hire you as their employee but rather have you under contract with hire agency. I was told by Crowley that it was a temp to hire and I've been with Crowley for 1 year, and yet still not a member of Crowley Maritime. I'm currently under Kelly Service which is a agency that search for a job that qualify you.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Worth less but doing more for the company
great place to work
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 25, 2016
training manuals
implemented new techniques
comraderie
highly profitable stocks
great 401k
sadly the company moved
Pros
great place to work
Cons
company moved
Great company little growth
Warehouse Person (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 24, 2016
A typical day is physically demanding.Learned a lot about logistics.Management wasn't that grateful for dedicated workers.Co-workers were great.The hardest part of the job was working in extreme temperatures.The most enjoyable part of the job is learning what I learned about logistics.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
low pay, hard labor
I liked the chief mate and captain
3rd Mate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 20, 2015
Decent ship. The chief mate and captain were pretty chill, but we still got things done, and the run wasn't terrible. We went to Europe and not the middle east.
management
Freight Broker (Current Employee) –  unknownSeptember 9, 2015
I support our management team to the fullist. I know they have support me during some difficult times in the short time that I have been with the company,
Crowley takes care of their employees
Tug Chief Engineer(Relief) (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 30, 2014
Crowley is a good place for those that take pride in their work and want to be appreciated. If you want a free ride and whine about everything, stay away. The pay isn't the highest around, but the crews and living conditions are good. Crowley doesn't like to lay off mariners and will keep valued employees employed during the slow season. It is not uncommon to encounter 40-50yr employees.
Pros
Good food, crews, decent compensation, training
Cons
IBU pension/healthcare not very good
Valued 'Heads Down' work for Design, Development, Unit testing & QA Support.
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 8, 2014
SDLC was encouraged, but the Company wasn't structured to accomplish it very effectively.
I worked with MQ Broker for the first time, as opposed to MQ Series.
Pros
Lots of Company sponsored lunches.
Cons
Tendency to over-simplify Project Requirements.
Easygoing Office
Admin (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLOctober 22, 2013
My time at the office is great at Titan Salvage but I as well made great friends which is good for a person who moved to a location where they dont know anyone.
Review
Project Manager III (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 2, 2013
Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects within the information technology department across all Lines of Business. Oversee all aspects of projects. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, monitor and summarize progress of all projects. Build and maintain working relationships with team members from all impacted Lines of Business, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects. Prepare reports for Executives and Stakeholdholders regarding the status of project. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Perform a variety of tasks. Lead and directs the work of others. Have multiple direct reports ranging from Developers, Business Analysts, System Analysts and Quality Assurance. Have a wide degree of creativity and latitude. Overarching Project Manager for multiple multi-million dollar projects as well as defining their Project Management Process. Currently there is not one in place. Responsible for creating, streamlining and implementing an End to End Project Management standardized process that follows SDLC standards.
Cons
Good company to work for
Captain (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 22, 2012
Very political. Little for a Captain to advance to. Can not move around within the company due to many union(s) and their rules.
Pros
values
Cons
very political

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crowley Maritime. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2