Crown Agents Employee Reviews

Family job
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Sutton, Surrey, UKFebruary 1, 2017
Nice pleace to work, was a small team and we was like a family. Diferend people from diferend country. Hard working days but just Monday to Friday. Nice experience
An inspiring workplace
Area Distribution Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  HarareDecember 29, 2016
Waking up every morning knowing that every minute at work will save life inspires me working for my current company. My day starts by planning and noting down every activity I`m to carry out in the day. Normally, my typical day is being in the field at a clinic or hospital monitoring the essential medicines ordering or delivery. Either, I will be ensuring that correct calculations and correct essential data is being captured by my teams as they carry out ordering or I will be supervising the delivery of the medicines. As I carry out my support and supervision I will also be ensuring that best storage practices of medicines, good drug and stock management are being practiced at the health facilities. I do this to ensure that health facilities do not run out of medicines before the next delivery and also to minimise expiries. At my workplace I have learnt to put others interests first before myself as the environment I work in patients lives are at risk if medicines stock out. I have learnt how to manage teams, how to handle pressure and multi-task. Quick thinking and decision making is important to managers as there are issues that need an urgent solution. An all inclusive type of management is essential in teams. The opinion or suggestion of even the lowest person should be considered as even their small contributions go a long way. My co-workers are the best in the world. I enjoy working with them as they are a very warm lot who take their work seriously. The hardest part of my job is making a decision on how to share medicines that are in short supply when I actually know  more... that they need more medicines than what is available. The most exciting part of my job is when the quarterly reports are out and my teams would have met all our targets i.e. achieving a 100% delivery coverage of all health facilities in my province, achieved a below 5% stock out in the over 240 health facilities in my province and ensuring that every health facility will not run out of any health commodity before our next round of ordering and delivery of medicines,  less
Pros
Lots of travelling
Cons
Staying for over a week out of station in the field every time I go monitoring my teams.
Good work life balance
International Resourcing Administrator (Former Employee) –  SuttonJune 21, 2016
Good work life balance for a local company who values their staff. Currently going through a re-structure and possible relocation to London.
No collaboration
Water Engineer (Former Employee) –  Harare, Chitngwiza, etcSeptember 29, 2015
Working in isolation can be very demoralising in an organisation. Crown Agents did not provide an opportunity to its hired consultants to work as a team.

Working from Zambia, far from the project site was counterproductive
Pros
Self supervision
Cons
Lack of contact with the project
Environnement de travail très encourageant
Recruteur international (Former Employee) –  London, ENGMay 13, 2015
Environnement de travail très encourageant. Encadrement très présent. Activité très dynamique; Equipe jeune et volontaire.
............
Warehouse/Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  JordanAugust 4, 2013
It is always the case with me where ever I work.
I start my day checking my team and their tasks. Making sure that work is progressing very well and looking for any problem with a team member or a machine to solve and fix. I also believe that a warehouse team is like a big family and by helping each other, success is the only word that describe us at the end of the day.
From being on the ground and on top of every thing, even small matter, I will learn a lot and it will be the real success. As for managements, it is not just giving orders, by encouraging the team and giving them high spirit will make the work go very smooth with utmost results.
I had past a lot of hard times in my previous jobs, but with right thinking and quick decision making, things can be fixed and work will be done on time if not before.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you see the work is doing like a beehive and every one knows what to do as it always the case with me where ever I work.

Want to know more about Crown Agents?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crown Agents. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3