Crown Castle Employee Reviews

Stay away from small cell
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Southpoint, PAFebruary 21, 2017
culture changed. Two C suite execs left within a year's time.

B3 Culture isn't always followed.

Information is not freely shared.

Some coworkers hoard information and workload.

Management is absent
Pros
Coworkers are friendly
Cons
Some coworkers are not open with sharing information
Intern Co-op
Intern Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 31, 2017
This was an amazing job with amazing people. Over the summer internship I learned more about the company and helped my team do their day to day work.
Good environment
RF Engineer (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 11, 2017
Very good environment, very nice management, so helpful, nice people, not bad experience, nice team work, only problem not secure, only contractors, no hiring.
Great Place to Work But...
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 25, 2016
Crown is a great place to work at unless your a contractor then your work environment will not be in your favor. Some of the employees treat a contractor like they are less than human and do what they can to make you want to leave by all means possible, Overall everyone else is very nice and willing to give you what support you need on the project your'e working on. Contractors at Crown are the buffer for when the company needs lay people off at the end of the quarter. Overall a great place to work. Free lunches, snacks and coffee.
Pros
Great atmosphere for the most part
Cons
Don't work harder than the regular employees or you will pay for it with harassment
Licensing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 8, 2016
yes it is a company. lots of people know this, but some people dont know. It is in fact a company. They also serve lunch sometimes. I like lunch. Lunch is fun
Great enviroment with Awesome team building experiences
FOT (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 29, 2016
Crown castle from day one has always tried to push the employees to the next level. For 10 years I have watched employees come in from every Telecom business they Excel when they want to. they move to better positions when they want to. some fail but that is not from the companies lack of pushing. This company has numerous resources and numerous channels employees can turn to when they are having a difficult time in any aspect of the job. And with the benefits combined with hours this company cannot be matched by any other company.
Out of all the jobs I have had, the culture here is in tune with a career verses just another job.
Pros
Great enviroment.
Cons
Training comes from experience.
Wonderful place to work
Licencing Execution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAAugust 14, 2016
Amazing culture, personal and professional growth encouraged. I was a contractor and unfortunately the project I was one of many hired to work on was completed and the contractors no longer had work.
Pros
Terrifc all the way around
Cons
Short term contract
Good company bad management
Field Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 8, 2016
Bad direct management in Irvine Ops unfair treatment mangers hand pick new employees regardless of experience if you know them and they like you your in. Out with the old and in with the new
Enjoyable atmosphere
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 17, 2016
Worked from home, managed construction in Kansas and Missouri. Worked with quality people and great upper management and I was not micro managed but always had great support when needed.
Pros
Great people and great work atmosphere
worked as contractor QA and had bad experience with management
Mentor QA Analysts in QA (Current Employee) –  Southpoint, PAMarch 20, 2016
I got hired as contract then promised extension and then never get resources need to work on a project very hard to continue working in this condition
Pros
Nice coworker
Cons
Very stubborn and difficult managment
Best company I have ever worked for
Real Estate Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 9, 2016
I love this company. A lot of what happens in the telecommunications world is based off of contracts.,

I saw a lot of people complaining that there are a lot of contractors..this is why.,

If they are promising you a full time position, chances are they really do want to hire you but as contracts shifts, so does head count.,

This is soley my assessment. However, in my experience, I have seen management help to move employees to different departments if a full time position is not available.
Pros
You get what you put into it, Reviews are based off of performance and as long as you are performing well, you will get your annual raise.
Cons
Certain positions are based off of contracts
Great Company
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 17, 2016
AT&T is a great company to work for and the people I worked with were amazing!!! Great place to work. My department was downsized and there were no other jobs available for me to transfer to at the time.
Not so great
Field Operations Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 14, 2016
CC has very great potential outside of the senior management team. There is a lot of nepotism that happens in the Richmond office. When ever local offices can implant true leaders company at every employee level will be very successful-
Great company.
Licensing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 2, 2016
This is a great company to work for and they do treat employees well as do contractors however, it would be ideally to work under proper management as at times those who are in management position aren't familiar with the tasks required.
Good Place to work
Maintenance Process Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 20, 2016
Awesome place to work if given the right tools to succeed and the right manager to help give you a plan. Sometimes you are not taught proper techniques to handle situations and some managers micro-manage
Excellent company
Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAOctober 7, 2015
Excellent corporation that awards it's employees great experience and exposure. I would highly recommend to anyone looking. The atmosphere and job are different than most.
Laid back work environment
Real Estate Specialist (Current Employee) –  West AreaAugust 8, 2015
Laid back work environment. Co-workers overall are friendly. Flexible schedule. Everyone starts as a contractor. Learned a lot about telecom.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Everyone starts as a contractor
Productive and fun workplace with arcade game, ping pong in breakroom and several celebratory meals a year
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 28, 2015
I really enjoyed working there and getting to meet the people I worked alongside face to face. They would often hold gatherings where people from other departments or from other states would come to Phoenix and introduce themselves. Everyone works side by side with one another to help solve problems and they are all very willing to take time out of thier schedule to assist newcomers with learning the neccessary steps to ensure their time is being used wisely.
Pros
Tons of free lunches, great benifits, wonderful environment
Corporate Environment with Opportunity for Growth
Real Estate Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 26, 2015
Crown Castle is a fantastic place to work. Both co-workers and management are helpful, and work together for the common goal of serving our clients and growth for Crown Castle.
Crown Castle has the best work culture.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 20, 2015
I grew professionally while at Crown Castle, my co workers were some of the most focused professionals I have yet to work with. Dedication to project timelines and being professional at all times really made for a top notch atmosphere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crown Castle. Our community is ready to answer.