Crown Castle Employee Reviews

Great enviroment with Awesome team building experiences
FOT (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 29, 2016
Crown castle from day one has always tried to push the employees to the next level. For 10 years I have watched employees come in from every Telecom business they Excel when they want to. they move to better positions when they want to. some fail but that is not from the companies lack of pushing. This company has numerous resources and numerous channels employees can turn to when they are having a difficult time in any aspect of the job. And with the benefits combined with hours this company cannot be matched by any other company.
Out of all the jobs I have had, the culture here is in tune with a career verses just another job.
Pros
Great enviroment.
Cons
Training comes from experience.
Best company I have ever worked for
Real Estate Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 9, 2016
I love this company. A lot of what happens in the telecommunications world is based off of contracts.,

I saw a lot of people complaining that there are a lot of contractors..this is why.,

If they are promising you a full time position, chances are they really do want to hire you but as contracts shifts, so does head count.,

This is soley my assessment. However, in my experience, I have seen management help to move employees to different departments if a full time position is not available.
Pros
You get what you put into it, Reviews are based off of performance and as long as you are performing well, you will get your annual raise.
Cons
Certain positions are based off of contracts
Wonderful place to work
Licencing Execution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAAugust 14, 2016
Amazing culture, personal and professional growth encouraged. I was a contractor and unfortunately the project I was one of many hired to work on was completed and the contractors no longer had work.
Pros
Terrifc all the way around
Cons
Short term contract
Good company bad management
Field Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 8, 2016
Bad direct management in Irvine Ops unfair treatment mangers hand pick new employees regardless of experience if you know them and they like you your in. Out with the old and in with the new
Enjoyable atmosphere
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 17, 2016
Worked from home, managed construction in Kansas and Missouri. Worked with quality people and great upper management and I was not micro managed but always had great support when needed.
Pros
Great people and great work atmosphere
Licensing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 8, 2016
yes it is a company. lots of people know this, but some people dont know. It is in fact a company. They also serve lunch sometimes. I like lunch. Lunch is fun
Not so great
Field Operations Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 14, 2016
CC has very great potential outside of the senior management team. There is a lot of nepotism that happens in the Richmond office. When ever local offices can implant true leaders company at every employee level will be very successful-
Great company.
Licensing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 2, 2016
This is a great company to work for and they do treat employees well as do contractors however, it would be ideally to work under proper management as at times those who are in management position aren't familiar with the tasks required.
Crown Castle has been the best company I have ever worked for
Construction Management (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 7, 2014
When I joined Crown Castle I quickly found that this is a company of people who care about the people that work for them. The salary is comensurate with industry standard. However, the benefits are far above industry standard.This is a company that concentrates on development of the employee, fixing processes and employee retention while maintaining the bottom line. It is an affluent company that seeks to continue its growth.

I highly recommend this company for employment.
Pros
Company Culture, alot of work, stability
Cons
heavy demands upon personnel to perform with an over abundance of work.
worked as contractor QA and had bad experience with management
Mentor QA Analysts in QA (Current Employee) –  Southpoint, PAMarch 20, 2016
I got hired as contract then promised extension and then never get resources need to work on a project very hard to continue working in this condition
Pros
Nice coworker
Cons
Very stubborn and difficult managment

Want to know more about Crown Castle?

Ask a question
Productive and fun workplace with arcade game, ping pong in breakroom and several celebratory meals a year
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 28, 2015
I really enjoyed working there and getting to meet the people I worked alongside face to face. They would often hold gatherings where people from other departments or from other states would come to Phoenix and introduce themselves. Everyone works side by side with one another to help solve problems and they are all very willing to take time out of thier schedule to assist newcomers with learning the neccessary steps to ensure their time is being used wisely.
Pros
Tons of free lunches, great benifits, wonderful environment
Excellent company, Great Benefits, Solid Training
Licensing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PASeptember 25, 2013
Crown Castle was the best company that I ever worked for. Great upper management, superb benefits, ongoing training, advancement opportunities, friendly working environment.
Pros
Training and advancement, Great pay, Excellent benefits
Cons
Inexperienced department managers.
Great Company
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 17, 2016
AT&T is a great company to work for and the people I worked with were amazing!!! Great place to work. My department was downsized and there were no other jobs available for me to transfer to at the time.
Good company, Lacking management
Licensing Administrator (Former Employee) –  PittsburghSeptember 18, 2014
They hire temps and lie to you about your timeframe. I was told I would be brought on full-time within 6 months. I worked for there for a year until I relized they were dragging me on so I found a new position. The management also is a problem. They micro-manage like no tomorrow. Pay is below average for positions
Pros
Hours, Work/Life Balance
Cons
Management, Pay
Good Place to work
Maintenance Process Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 20, 2016
Awesome place to work if given the right tools to succeed and the right manager to help give you a plan. Sometimes you are not taught proper techniques to handle situations and some managers micro-manage
Wonderful place to live!
Project Manager, RF Engineering, Field Operations (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 19, 2013
This company takes it's people seriously. They reward the daily contributions of employees and work to create a relaxed and productive culture.
Pros
Wonderful environment, excellent benefits.
Cons
No opportunities in the area I wish to move to.
Crown Castle Review
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 19, 2015
Crown Castle is a growth company that offers great benefits and stock options; however, since the company is flat, there isn't a lot of room for upward movement and when there is an opening, there are several candidates waiting for the position. If you are willing to move out of the current state you live for a new / better role, you will be fine.
Pros
Great Benefits and team members
Cons
Lower salaries
Corporate Environment with Opportunity for Growth
Real Estate Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 26, 2015
Crown Castle is a fantastic place to work. Both co-workers and management are helpful, and work together for the common goal of serving our clients and growth for Crown Castle.
Great people, great compensation
Land Acquisition/Property Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2014
The job was 80+ hrs per week, administrative in nature, using computers "Microsoft Office Suite", and very challenging. I increased my ability to communicate with people more effectively, and to juggle multiple projects with an ever increasing work load. The executive management team and upper management are phoenominal. The overall team were great people with a diverse skill set. The hardest part of the job was overcoming continual and ongoing partner rejection. The position I held was critical, and sales is in my opinion the most challenging position on the planet. The most enjoyable part of the job was building and often repairing relationships with business partners.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Extremely long work days
You don't get what you put in
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 7, 2013
Worked hard for over a year and kept on getting passed up on permanent positions to other temps who work less efficiently than me. They keep on piling up more and more work for you and expect you to finish it all. Management is very poor. Hard work is not rewarded. The only way to move up is to be a ditz. Even if you save the company hundreds of thousands and work way more efficient than your co-workers who like to chit chat, you will get passed up many times for permanent positions because you do enough small talk.
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
hard to get permanent unless you like to talk a lot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crown Castle. Our community is ready to answer.