Crown College Employee Reviews

Crown does not live up to its professed beliefs
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Saint Bonifacius, MNAugust 25, 2017
Crown College could be great but falls short. The students and faculty are tremendous. Its leadership, however, does not appear to appreciate its mission. The leadership does not appear to value its staff.
Pros
faculty
Cons
administration, indecisive
Crown College
Writer (Former Employee) –  Saint Bonifacius, MNAugust 16, 2017
Crown College was an excellent place to work. I was given assignments that were exciting and interesting to me and was often allowed a great deal of creative license. I learned how to gather information from direct sources, how to organize this information and present it in an interesting way. The management was always very supportive and looking for ways to engage with me and make good use of my skill set. The work culture was relaxed, but also motivated and very ambitious. The hardest part of the job was probably the information gathering, but this was also very rewarding. The most enjoyable part of the job was being given creative license to take projects the direction I desired.
Pros
Creative license, meeting new people
Cons
Few hours
Great place to work while in school!
Facilities Management Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Bonifacius, MNJuly 7, 2017
Received work orders on a regular basis. I learned many basic skills and techniques working maintenance. Structure of management was well put together. Workplace was great! My own lack of experience made work harder because it was hard to know what to do all the time when fixing things. Best part was learning new ways to fix things.
Pros
Close to home, very understanding, super flexible
Cons
pay was poor due to it being work study, no chance to move up or get a raise
Great People to Work With
College Professor (Current Employee) –  Powell, TNMay 27, 2017
I've worked for Crown College since 2001. Obviously, I love my job. It's a small college so we have a family-like feeling. Our students come from all over the United States and from many foreign countries. It's a privilege to invest in their lives.

We develop great relationships with our students over the typical four years they spend with us. We tearfully say good bye when they graduate, but look forward to keeping up with their lives as they begin a new chapter. It's incredibly rewarding.
Pros
Wonderful people
Cons
We need a teacher's lounge. :)
new experience in team work and big projects
Art intern (Current Employee) –  the AcademyApril 30, 2016
* daily routine tasks are easy to handle
* learned to be at time, to be honest and diligent at work, and it's ok to do mistakes as long as i learn from them, work can have fun environment
* good communication with the management
* team work
* the hardest part was being full time student and work projects
* most enjoyable part is being appreciated, and seeing projects done
Pros
every one is willing to help
Cons
healthcare
great environment wonderful coworkers
Recruitment Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 2, 2015
Crown has a wonderful environment to work in, and is known as the hidden gem of the twin cities. I was able to grasp many useful interoffice skills that will better ensure success in the next job I am able to pursue.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
compensation
productive and educational
Internship (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 25, 2014
I worked for the dean of business, and I was able to learn a lot about the business world.
A snapshot of my day
Coordinator of Student Activities (Current Employee) –  St. Bonifacius, MNJune 23, 2014
A typical day at my job required me to lead a student leader group at Crown College to organize and facilitate on and off campus events for the student body at Crown College. I was required to plan and lead staff training for a group of thirteen students. I worked to create a strong community base at Crown College that broke barriers between the various groups at the college (i.e. Athletes, international students, etc). I was also in charge of planning and facilitating events for 250+ incoming students at the start of the school year.
The most difficult part of my job was ensuring that the events would be enjoyable for various groups of students. The interests of college students varies considerably, and to meet the needs of all the students in one event proved to be difficult. The most enjoyable part of my job was training student leaders to become influential leaders on campus. It was encouraging to see their growth through the years and to impact students around them.
Great place to work!
Assistant Golf Coach (Current Employee) –  Saint Bonifacius, MNApril 2, 2013
Fun staff and very great place to work! People are very friendly and everyone helps out.
Ra-
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMarch 2, 2013
I was a RA at Crown, which gave me lot of amazing opportunities to mentor younger ladies

Want to know more about Crown College?

Ask a question
A pleasant place to work at
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNMay 29, 2012
This college has a laid back atmosphere. The people seemed nice. I wasn't there that long to get the whole aspect.
Great co-workers but poor leadership
Team Member (Current Employee) –  St. BonifaciusApril 5, 2012
I arrive at 7am, do my daily swipe of the woodshop checking cleanliness and taking out the trash. After, my boss and I would go through work-orders setting up our schedule for the day. Then we would get started on whatever was of highest priority.
I have learned a lot about small construction and relational skills. We deal with customers on almost every order, communicating details.
Management is questionable. Some of the decision making seems erratic and not well thought out. My immediate supervisor is great but our boss does not show any appreciation of our work.
Hardest part of the job is not feeling appreciated.
Most enjoyable is completed a job that brings a smile to the customers.