Crown College

Crown College Employer Reviews

A snapshot of my day
Coordinator of Student Activities (Current Employee), St. Bonifacius, MNJune 23, 2014
A typical day at my job required me to lead a student leader group at Crown College to organize and facilitate on and off campus events for the student body at Crown College. I was required to plan and lead staff training for a group of thirteen students. I worked to create a strong community base at Crown College that broke barriers between the various – more... groups at the college (i.e. Athletes, international students, etc). I was also in charge of planning and facilitating events for 250+ incoming students at the start of the school year.
The most difficult part of my job was ensuring that the events would be enjoyable for various groups of students. The interests of college students varies considerably, and to meet the needs of all the students in one event proved to be difficult. The most enjoyable part of my job was training student leaders to become influential leaders on campus. It was encouraging to see their growth through the years and to impact students around them. – less
Great place to work!
Assistant Golf Coach (Current Employee), Saint Bonifacius, MNApril 2, 2013
Fun staff and very great place to work! People are very friendly and everyone helps out.
RA-
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNMarch 2, 2013
I was a RA at Crown, which gave me lot of amazing opportunities to mentor younger ladies
A pleasant place to work at
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), St. Paul, MNMay 29, 2012
This college has a laid back atmosphere. The people seemed nice. I wasn't there that long to get the whole aspect.
Great co-workers but poor leadership
Team Member (Current Employee), St. BonifaciusApril 5, 2012
I arrive at 7am, do my daily swipe of the woodshop checking cleanliness and taking out the trash. After, my boss and I would go through work-orders setting up our schedule for the day. Then we would get started on whatever was of highest priority.
I have learned a lot about small construction and relational skills. We deal with customers on almost every – more... order, communicating details.
Management is questionable. Some of the decision making seems erratic and not well thought out. My immediate supervisor is great but our boss does not show any appreciation of our work.
Hardest part of the job is not feeling appreciated.
Most enjoyable is completed a job that brings a smile to the customers. – less
Students are what make the College Shine.
Trainee English GCSE teacher (Current Employee), Westcliff-On-Sea, EssexFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: students, mentors
Cons: management
Crown College, is an establishment that is suitable for students with behavioural and social problems. Many of which have been dismissed from their schools.
My time here has been beneficial, and I have been lucky to have two outstanding mentors.
The students I cannot fault, they have put alot of trust into the College and staff and have worked hard – more... with evident improvement. However, many of the staff believe in a hierarchy, which causes a large negative impact amongst the employees.
Without a doubt the most enjoyable part of my job is having the privilage to teach the students I have, they are incrediable individuals who work hard to achieve. – less
Crown College
Trainee Hairdressing Teacher (Current Employee), Westcliff, ENGJune 10, 2013
Pros: building trust with students and confidence
Cons: lack of student numbers, roll on/roll off course
Crown College is a vocational college which specialises in lifelong learning courses such as, Hair and Beauty and Construction.

Many of the pupils that attend have many personal problems and have been excluded from schools.

Although there can be some barriers between the students and myself, it has given me a vast understanding of different personal – more... cultures, and enabled me to increase my knowledge of behaviour management.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a student complete their work, many of the students have learning and concentration difficulties such a Dyslexia and ADHD, knowing that I was part of their final achievement is extremely rewarding. – less
Motor Mechanic Course
Mechanic (Former Employee), EssexFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: gained a lot of experience
Cons: unpaid
Was very interesting, and I learnt a lot about cars and the motor trade on the course.