Crown Cork & Seal Employee Reviews

Easy Job
Transfer Packer (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJanuary 16, 2016
This position was easy work, long hours. Good pay and benefits, and retirement. Job was eliminated for robots. Could not advance
very competitive environment, place to learn with my first experience as a supervisor
Shipping and Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRJanuary 10, 2016
Crown Cork offer me an excellent opportunity to grow as a person with real life situation, stress challenge and motivation
fast paced production plant
electronic technician (Current Employee) –  Cheraw, SCJanuary 6, 2016
typically troubleshoot and repair plant equipment to keep things running in a production facility, fast paced , very hot environment, benefits are good , employees work together
Pros
insurance 401k pension
Cons
a lot of overtime
Interesting
Maintenance Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXOctober 22, 2015
Enjoyable, technical, lots of engineering challenges and projects, good management, in process of renovating, technology wise is average
Decent place to work
Assistant Lithographer (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INOctober 21, 2015
Very hot in the summers. Very dirty if you worked in the Litho department. Fumes were strong too. Took a while to get used to. Decent pay and good benefits for the time.
very high productive and demanding job
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 20, 2015
typical day was keeping all 18 plus the cupper machines running what i learned how to read alerts coil changes and maintain order management was very good ,co-workers some were good some was not so good,hardest of the job 12hour shifts and rotating shifts the enjoyable part of my job was the four days on four days off.
Pros
quarter bonus
Cons
write ups for sick time.
Interesting job opportunities
Parts & Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 13, 2015
Working as the Parts Inventory Manager I learned quite a lot about the importance of keeping proper stock of machine parts and accessories, dealing with vendors to get the best delivery and pricing for items bought, and prioritizing assignments to keep all projects on schedule.
Learned can-making process, traveled for classes and training, quickly advanced in the company
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 18, 2015
Learned the can-making process from raw material and added materials all the way to the finished product. Was sent to a sister plant for training and added experience to see from a different point of view, also went through paid EHS class, as well as CPR/First Aid class. Was production supervisor for 1.5 years before being approached and offered a job as the QA Manager at the same plant. Experience in QA Manager role was fun and exciting work, never a dull moment.
Benefits
Cons
Plant closing
New Management Team REALLY making a difference
Employee (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAAugust 20, 2015
There is a real family/team component to the management team at the plant. Completely different from the past. Employee input is always welcome. Open door policy and the management team really means it! From the Plant Manager, the HR Manager and the Plant Superintendent - they all really care not only about the operations but put the well being of the staff as their first priority. New management team gets along well and the staff in the plant notice a difference from the past. The employees work really hard and its really appreciated. They have made a huge difference in the success of the plant and it's progress.
Great Place To Work At
HR (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 20, 2015
Crown is a great company to be a part of, shows stability and opportunity for growth. Management is supportive and the people are great. Medical benefits are excellent. The company also organizes several medical events throughout the year which are informative and beneficial to employees.
Long days with low morale
Operations & Engineering Manager/EHS Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 12, 2015
As a manager 12hr days resulted in 14hr days with a rotating shift with mandatory extra days to cover other managers. Roles were stretched.
Pros
Benifits were ok
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Good pay and benifits. Opportunities to move to higher paying positions
Palletizer Operator (Former Employee) –  Bradley, ILApril 29, 2015
Fairly easy work. Long shifts but at least there is plenty of break time. Good company. Workers had good attitudes and helped coworkers when needed.
Pros
Good pay and benifits.
Cons
Sometimes worked a lot of overtime.
Great Company with managment problems
Line Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OhioApril 27, 2015
My typical day at work was a 12hr swing shift with a rotating schedule . My Plant was a 24hr facility and ran non stop . Management left much to be desired and moral was very low due to the non communication and mismanagement of the facility . I was a line mechanic my duties were to keep the line running if something would break then it was my duty to fix and maintain the line to get it back up and running . I performed many repairs to motors, Conveyors (Sentry), power press repairs , QA qualifications of finished product , inventory management , Fabricating Parts (if non is available), Training of operators, and many more duties. The hardest part of the Job was dealing with non communication between the floor and the office most things were not discussed to floor personnel which made it very hard to complete the tasks at hand.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
rotating schedule 12hr shifts plus swing made it hard to plan or have a home life
Good pay, but that is all
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Batesville, MSApril 15, 2015
I am not sure if it is all of the plants, but the one I work in is terrible. I am part of the management team and it is still a joke. The plant manager shows nobody any respect, but demands that everyone respect him. Everyone is micromanaged and we are not allowed to make any decisions. It is like we are high paid babysitters. If you are looking for a boring job where you are put down constantly, but you get paid well, this is the one for you. I would gladly work somewhere else for less money. That is why I am looking after all.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Terrible managers, no real home life, no respect
Productive workplace environment
Machine Operator/Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Worland, WYApril 10, 2015
Crown Cork and Seal is overall a good place to work. I work 12 hour shifts generally from 7 pm to 7 am, 3 or 4 days a week. At Crown I've improved my mechanical abilities, and enjoy working as a team with my shift.
Pros
good benefits, decent pay
Cons
Last minute changes of Holidays.
Crown Cork and Seal
Production/Factory Laborer (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNApril 1, 2015
I knew going into this job that it was only a summer position. The pay was what drew me in. The job was way different than any other job I've ever done. Standing on my feet in one spot, sliding pop can lids into paper sleeves for 12 hours, got long. The hardest part was working the night shifts. It was difficult to switch my sleeping schedule from nights to days. I learned to appreciate the people that are willing to work in places like that for years until they retire. The co-workers were wonderful! They were always telling me they were happy to hear that I was going to college to better my future so I wouldn't have to work in a factory forever. Even though I wasn't a fan of the job I was always optimistic that all this hard work will pay off. My Pa always says, "Its good to have your wants because then you'll work for them."
Pros
Great pay, wonderful co-workers
Cons
12 hour days, worked weekends, worked nights, hot, loud
It's a job.
Machine Operator/Maintainer (Current Employee) –  Faribault, MNMarch 4, 2015
Poor place to work if you want to plan ANYTHING in your life.

Can lines run 24/7

Good pay for the area.

Decline to comment further.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
can't even pick a weeks vacation until third year.
a strong and stable company
Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  Cheraw, SCJanuary 24, 2015
conditions are tough pay is not to bad and company is running very strong, just not much room for advancement there. Good place to learn valuable experience at but not a place you would like to retire from
Plant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJanuary 7, 2015
A good place to learn the industry. The people are great, though the organizational structure can be limiting.
Good place to work, good people.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHDecember 30, 2014
Operated machinery and was packer. Worked on various can and lid assembly lines. Kept the lines stocked, operated tow motors, unloaded and loaded trucks. Also worked quality control and was put in charge of North American and oversea accounts.
Pros
great pay and benifits, good people to work with.
Cons
layoffs and downsizing