Crown Equipment Corporation Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
International Traffic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greencastle, INNovember 11, 2017
Crown has been an excellent place to work, I am retiring and relocating to Florida. They have been very good to me and I will miss them. They are very employee / family orientated and care very much for all employees
Fun Competitive work place
Production Planner (Current Employee) –  New Bremen, OHNovember 1, 2017
Crown excels in manufacturing lift trucks. This makes it a fast paced work environment that is also competitive. Each new work day brought a new challenge to solve as a team.
Decent work/ life balance
Painter/Safety Mentor Team (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INOctober 18, 2017
The management in my department was fractured but the company itself is a great place to work. The general concept of the company is on the right track
great potential for career advancement
Accounts Receivable Associate (Current Employee) –  New Bremen, OHSeptember 18, 2017
Crown Equipment is a great place to work. There are plenty of opportunities to advance in your career. If you work in production, they offer opportunities to learn to drive a forklift or attend welding classes that they pay for. For office help, they pay some of your schooling to further your education.
Pros
Great managers
Cons
High insurance premiums
Maintenance department
Matinence (college help) (Former Employee) –  New Bremen, OHSeptember 7, 2017
In the maintenance department is very nice and relaxed. The job was very easy, working with different people in my department learning about electric things.
They lied to me about my job decription.
Motor assembly (Former Employee) –  New Knoxville, OHSeptember 2, 2017
They did not list everything I would be doing in the job description. A lot of very heavy lifting and I was lied to when I applied. I left a good job to go there. The health insurance was very expensive. I would not recommend this to anyone.
Pros
Cons
I hurt myself and told them, they told me to just keep going
fast paced and stressful untrustworthy management
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  New Bremen, OHAugust 31, 2017
Fast paced assembly, yet you are told not to rush. touts safety over productivity, yet demands production goals to be reached.
very hypocritical as a whole. Oh, and don't have an accident and get injured or you'll be lucky to have your job. They won't fire you for that exactly, but they will follow you around and watch so they can pounce should you have any misstep.
Pros
decent pay, great fellow employess
Cons
high insurance cost, untrustworthy vindictive management
MTM machine operator (Current Employee) –  New Bremen, OHAugust 22, 2017
Crown Equipment has given me so much knowledge in machining. From the safety to the everyday work , they walk you thru it, and make sure you have a good understanding of your job, and what is expected. I enjoy running machines and will continue my efforts to further better myself in this field of expertise.
Cons
healthcare expensive
either you are in or you are out.
Painter (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INAugust 3, 2017
they pay for you to submit. you are not allowed to have a mind of your own. its like being a part of the step-ford wife's club. Everyone is robot like. No one wants to speak up or out for fear of being fired. Favoritism is shown openly. management may or may not have experience in a dept they are over.
Pros
pay
Cons
must be willing to conform at all times, (on & off the clock).
People are helpful
Corporate Materials Logistic Analyst (Current Employee) –  New Bremen, OHAugust 1, 2017
Gained knowledge in computer skills, Word, Excel, etc. Prepare reports that get sent to VP management throughout the company. Having an hour lunch break to sit back and relax is enjoyable.
Pros
Hour Lunch, Work hours are 7am to 4pm
Cons
Benefits.
Excellent place to work if you like to do the same thing everyday.
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  New Bremen, OHJuly 6, 2017
A typical day at Crown is easy going for the most part. The pay is pretty good, but the benefits not so much. (e.g. insurance) The chance for advancement is not as easy as I was told at the beginning.
Pros
Solid company over all
Cons
Not easy to advance
Wichita Market lacks and needs a sales manager
Account Manager/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 29, 2017
Great Environment, The benefits are okay. Great Training programs, Compensation is way below average. The local branch needs a sales manager so reps can sell products and services.
Pros
Loyal Company, Customers are always first
Cons
Low Salary and Compensation. Up to managements discretion at times.
Good pay, Good hours
Assembly Associate (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, INJune 20, 2017
Working there wasn't bad. We got a raise every year, and it was pretty good pay. The job wasn't really hard, just a lot to remember. The management was ok.
Pros
employee recogination
Good place to work with minimal issues
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  New Bremen, OHJune 6, 2017
All in all this is a good place to work. There are some management issues that need to be addressed. Some managers are good at their job, while others are not. Disciplinary actions need to be consistent throughout the entire company. Some departments let things slide that should be addressed.
Pros
Good Benefits, Fun people
Cons
Poor management in some areas
Decent workplace
CNC Mill Operator (Current Employee) –  CelinaMay 30, 2017
Learned alot of machining skills here. Management was so so. They were out to get people alot and I think there job should be to help out employees to better perform their jobs. Clean Factory. Typical day get to work you get one 10 minute break and a 20 minute lunch. Hardest part of my job I wouldnt say there really was one. Most enjoyable part was seeing the finished product.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Ok job to get your foot in the door
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Oakland, NJMay 27, 2017
Would not recommend working for Crown as a field service tech unless you are planning on leaving after some experience. Management is horrible and fake, seems like all they care about is how much money you are making for them each month as your monthly number are posted for everyone to see.

The training you receive is rushed and really didn't get much out of it and left the training program feeling like an idiot. Learned almost everything ok the road by myself and fellow technicians.

Be prepared to be questioned on most jobs as to why it took the amount of time it took to complete jobs. Because of this culture almost everyone is stressed and feel like they are walking on eggshells. Can go on all day about the cons... only pro is the company vehicle and pay wasn't horrible to start. Worked as a field service tech for 3 years with them and I can say 90% of the techs were not happy. Good for getting some experience and leaving but when you do leave don't expect it to be a smooth transition.

Also be prepared to be literally yelled at by dispatch everyday and treated like dirt for absolutely no reason. Coming from someone that has been in the industry for years I do not recommend working for this company.
Pros
Starting pay and company van
Cons
Day to day operation, management, stressful environment
It was ok
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Celina, OHMay 13, 2017
I was there for the summer help. Working at Crown my job was mainly cleaning the facility. The other employees treated me as an equal, and they were kind.
Lots of opportunities to grow
Manufacturing Operations Support (Current Employee) –  New Bremen, OHApril 4, 2017
Ample opportunities to continuously learn new things and advance to the next level. Management is always there to help and wants to push you throughout your career. Plenty of training and employees are great. Such a fun environment!
lack of communication with managment
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 23, 2017
Strong desire to have fully trained techs already going into Crown. Their training does not set you up for success. Good pay and benefits. Entry level position is where you will stay unless you are favored.
Pros
Company Vehicle
Cons
Mandatory lunch break unpaid and no other breaks, drive time is a large portion of the day.
Great Culture
Senior Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Bremen, OHMarch 21, 2017
The culture is great at Crown Equipment Corporation. Crown Equipment Corporation values a work/life balance for their employees. At some times there is a struggle to for the visibility on the upward career path.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crown Equipment Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8