Crown Equipment Corporation Employee Reviews

Horrible place
Wire Harness Assembler (Former Employee) –  Minster, OHJanuary 30, 2017
Horrible place to work. Management had zero common sense and does not take the time to listen to the employees. Major favoritism. Would not recommend wasting your time here.
Micro managed
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Colfax, NCDecember 8, 2016
Great job if you like to be gps tracked 24/7
No advancement unless your buddies
Managers are micro manager paper pushers
Be ready to be asked why you fix stuff, they want pm work only done
Pros
Other techs
Cons
No vacation till one year, no personal time for one year
horrible place to work.
wire harness assembly (Former Employee) –  Minster, OHOctober 5, 2016
Management shows favoritism big time. Co workers permitted to yell at new hires and berate them in from of everyone and embarrass them. Constantly threatening to put a timer on new hires after 2 weeks of working. Mean women at the Minster harness plant all women they call it the women's prison. I refused to be lied to after orientation is over they throw you to the wolves in the plant and nothing they said is true.look somewhere else the pay sucks and so does the mandatory hours and Saturdays at no notice. Supervisors and management are terrible. It's like a revolving door new hires and people walking out and quiting. The BEST thing I did was call it quits! Believe me it's Not worth it!!
Pros
Cons
short breaks, mean women terrible environment
I worked at the crown plant in newcastle indiana
Move more technical (Former Employee) –  New Castle, INJune 15, 2016
The managers are a joke I hardly ever seen them threw the day, we never know what we're were supposed to be doing and dont you dare get sick I was very sick for 3 months almost died and they counted every day against me. Another note is its also the most dangerous crown plant of all with the worst safety record. Like the other people have said the managers are out to get you our plant head would sneak around to try to catch people doing stuff I've never seen a place act like that. Also there is hardly any time off 24 hours of personal time for a entire year and there is no sick pay. I also think it's a little ridiculous to keep 1/4 of crowns entire rental fleet to just 8 men we were responsible for fixing and preparing over 5000 fork trucks just with 8 people I'm sorry 20 dollars a hour for high skill labor to work ourselfs so hard is not worth it to me and then management was starting to require 10 hour overtime every week. It just not worth it. Oh and my department never had the safety gear we were required to have. Also management seems to have unlimited days off.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Short break, horrific management, bad safety record, very stressful and too much work load
great place to work
Welder (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCApril 12, 2016
Crown is a great place to work. great support staff and managment.
if you learn your job well and allway keep up with prodution you will never have a problem
benefits
Cons
breaks
Factory work in the maintenance department
Facilities Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  New Castle, INMarch 11, 2016
Work was tedious because i don't like factory work. the other employees were nice and i enjoyed their company. the place was getting more developed as time went on and could be a great place to work now.
Pros
fellow workers
Cons
tedious work
Good production flow
Machinist Operator (Former Employee) –  New Bremen, OHFebruary 23, 2016
Well ran business that gave employees opportunity to advance to a higher level according to ability which in turn advanced pay
A typical day included set up, operation and trouble shooting of machines operated
Pros
steady work
Cons
Long time getting to day shift
Not a good place to be
service technician (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 8, 2015
Not a very good place to work for, lower end on pay for skilled people, and not very organized. Poor management, poor communication, overall a place people don't like to be.
Great company
NVH Principal Engineer (Current Employee) –  Celina, OHOctober 18, 2015
Excellent work environment. Driving for one hours through on country roads is dangerous in the winter, the reason I am looking for something else.
money isn't everything
I was a robot that didn't put up with it (Former Employee) –  new BremenMay 28, 2015
Management more concerned about helping themselves than you....very little recognition... But waste no time getting on you about why something wasn't done. Pay is good....benefits starting to go downhill. Multi billion dollar company....$50 christmas and an extra 20 min for lunch. With all of they training they put management through....I honestly think that they brain wash them into being a heartless brain dead idiot. Keep looking....you'll find happiness elsewhere for a little less money, drama and backstabbing, but you'll be cared for by you're superiors.
Pros
pay
Cons
you name it
Terrible place to work if you believe in a team effort or fair advancement!
CNC Milling Machinist (Current Employee) –  New Bremen, OHMarch 31, 2015
I have worked at Crown for a number of years, and have watched it become worse and worse! 95% of Manufacturing employees will tell you the same thing! The other 5% are lining up to put daggers in your back to get ahead! Management is a pit of vipers swarming and even biting each other!
Pros
Competative Pay
Cons
Everything Else!
Very stressful, no life besides Crown
Paint (Current Employee) –  New BremenMarch 17, 2015
From the time you walk in the door you have to watch your back, there are people who try and get people fired. If there is a incident ou mise well start trying to find another job cause our days are numbered. Supervisors show favortieism and will give you warning for little things but won't give warnings to his favorites that do the same thing. They stand by there processes even when some are flawed and when a accident happens when you are following the processes you will be wrote up or walked out
Pros
There isn't any
Cons
Short breaks, short lunches, Supervisors rushing you, terrible management from the group leaders on up.
Great Company to work for
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMarch 16, 2015
This is a company in which I hope to continue to grow with. They have great leadership, sales volume, and support. The hardest part of the job is the pay increases and decreases with the economy.
Pros
job security
seems. to be good
technician (Former Employee) –  greensboroMarch 11, 2015
Well hard to tell,unless. I work. Here.
A company truck is good.
Benefits would ne better.
it is the best company in the world to work for other companies even come close
Pros
company truck
benefits
Was once the place to work in Lenoir County
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCMarch 6, 2015
Crown at one time was a family oriented company but due to current management choices in some, not all, area, it has be come a self absorbed behemoth. The current head of HR at the Kinston facility is about as shady as they come. Most department heads ad cool to work with/for. This HR Rose-illa needs to go, as some of the comments left on this site will concur with.
Good Professional Culture
Software Development Intern (Former Employee) –  New Bremen, OHFebruary 4, 2015
Crown Equipment Corporation is the first company I have gotten a full time job with (I am in college). I was a software developer in R&D. Management was very nice, fair, and had a hands-off approach, even to us interns. We presented our results once or twice a week. Managers allowed us to explore various careers within the company. Environment was good, but not as laid-back as many software positions are becoming. No flexible hours. Lunch breaks are the only expected breaks.
Pros
Good culture, good environment, options for career development
Cons
No flexible hours.
very professional sales team
AfterMarket sales (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 14, 2015
Crown makes good products and has a good reputation in the market place.

They tend to take there sales guys for granted and do not appreciate all the hard that they do for the company.
Pros
great products
productive and highly driven place to work
Welding Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCDecember 12, 2014
CROWN is a very productive place to work,builds your skill levels to the maximum, staying focused is a must being how you have to make quota, working with my hands building and welding was one of my passions about this place they take quality of work an the love of your job very seriously
Pros
welding, environment is friendly
Cons
quota has to be met, write ups
Maintenance worker
Service technician (Former Employee) –  New Breman, OhioDecember 12, 2014
Maintained Oxford Armory. Organized special projects.Guarded trucks and tanks.
Great culture that translates to a fun company
Marketing Research/Sales Intern (Current Employee) –  New Bremen, OHDecember 10, 2014
Everyone is trying to help out whoever they can whenever they can. This can make it easier when you have multiple people trying to help you out. It creates the type of culture that you want to be apart of grow within the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crown Equipment Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9