Crown Equipment Corporation

Crown Equipment Corporation Employer Reviews

very professional sales team
AfterMarket sales (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: great products
Crown makes good products and has a good reputation in the market place.

They tend to take there sales guys for granted and do not appreciate all the hard that they do for the company.
productive and highly driven place to work
Welding Engineer (Former Employee), Kinston, NCDecember 12, 2014
Pros: welding, environment is friendly
Cons: quota has to be met, write ups
CROWN is a very productive place to work,builds your skill levels to the maximum, staying focused is a must being how you have to make quota, working with my hands building and welding was one of my passions about this place they take quality of work an the love of your job very seriously
Maintenance worker
Service technician (Former Employee), New Breman, OhioDecember 12, 2014
Maintained Oxford Armory. Organized special projects.Guarded trucks and tanks.
Great culture that translates to a fun company
Marketing Research/Sales Intern (Current Employee), New Bremen, OHDecember 10, 2014
Everyone is trying to help out whoever they can whenever they can. This can make it easier when you have multiple people trying to help you out. It creates the type of culture that you want to be apart of grow within the company.
Always looking for improvement
Saw Line Operator (Former Employee), Celina OhioAugust 25, 2014
Pros: benefits and compensation
Cons: if on the floor can get hot
I didn't realize how great of a company Crown Corp. was until I left. I was deployed to Afghanistan and didn't come back. A lot of my friends work for them and they are very happy. All of them are living a great life thanks to Crown.
Nice place to work
Sub Assembly- Wire Harness- Part-time (Current Employee), Minster, OHJune 29, 2014
Pros: safety
Cons: no air conditioning
Crown offers employees with a normal work schedule with holidays off. Crown makes the workplace for employees a safe and enjoyable place to work.
enjoyable place to work
maintenance technician (Current Employee), New Bremen, OHMay 5, 2014
completed tasks assigned to me, enjoyed my co-workers.
Typical work day 7:00a.m. to 3:00p.m.
Solid job with decent benefits, plenty of stress
Stock Handler (Current Employee), Celina, OHApril 15, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: short breaks, stressful
Can be highly stressful, most employees are friendly and have good working relationships, but like anywhere else there are those who you have to watch what you say. The hardest part of the job is the time management, you are always busy. The most enjoyable part of the job is joking with coworkers. I would say the biggest downside is management, there are times where things will completely change overnight with no input from those who actually work in the area.
Worst company out there to work for
Cnc machinist (Former Employee), New Bremen ohioMarch 1, 2014
Pros: decent pay, overtime
Cons: management, terrible benefits
You always have to watch your back at this company and watch what you say to anyone. Management seems to be out to get everyone.
Not a good company if you're looking for a career but is good for a short term job.
Field Service Technician (Current Employee), TexasJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: take home vehicle, company supplied uniforms, hotel accommodations during week long or 2 week long training
Cons: poor management, no real career advancement
First off, my background has mechanical and electrical experience in it but has zero forklift experience. This company does send you to some "formal" training which was only helpful in telling the difference between the different kinds if forklifts. The best part about the training was the accommodations while away from home station. Other than that didn't learn to much. The training was very rushed and too instructors walked around only to make sure you aren't goofing off. Don't even attempt b to ask for help unless you feel like being belittled and told how ignorant you are. Again I have never even driven a forklift much less repaired one. My real training started when I got back to my home station and rode along with other techs for the first couple of weeks. I do work with some people that generally want to see you succeed and help out where they can. I have learned an a lot just from these individuals and being on the road alone.

Management is probably the worst I've seen in any company. The other post speak on the issue pretty well so I won't go any further.

Advancement is promised in the interview but when a person stays with a company for over 15 years and is still passed up after numerous attempts to get into management; that tells me that the so called advancement doesn't really exist. Nothing to work towards.

The pay is good to start off with. Especially with no experience in the field can't really complain about that. And there is always overtime available if you want it. This company is good in the sense that they are flexible when it comes to work schedules to an extent of course.

Benefits are almost nonexistent as well. Use your paid time off and vacation time if you haven't sparingly cause its hard to come by with this company.

Great attribute is the take home company van. Can't really beat that benefit.

All in all.....This is a good company to gain some experience.
All bad news from Ohio
A hack (Former Employee), all over OhioJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: its a job.
Cons: supervision
So far in my estimate of Crown, its typical indecision mgt, where no one makes a move or its your a##, it is typical in todays stds operations.
do not make anyone mad. work, keep mouth shut and don't get hurt
just a number (Former Employee), ohioJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: wages
Cons: everything else
Keep opinions to yourself and don't get hurt, you will lose your job quickly. H.R.and management do not care about employees. Watch supervision, they are deceiving and not very honest. Good pay, bad benefits, not enough break time or lunch. Bad work environment. You walk on glass from the time you walk in the door till you go home affraid of what you say, how you say it and who you say it to.
Hurt on job twice due to faulty equipment, no one cares, I was fired and told I was a liability.
Crown
Paint line worker (Former Employee), New Breman ohioNovember 7, 2013
Pros: good benefits, great pay
Cons: everything else
The only way I can explain Crown in one sentence is.. Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians.
management isn't interested in its workers, only in the product.
breaks were ridiculous, over a coarse of an 8 hour day you get a ten min. break in the morning and a twenty min. lunch in the afternoon. that's it. just all around an unenjoyable work place.
in other words the workers considered it 'Crown state prison'
Manufacturing Support
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New Bremen, OHMay 13, 2013
Supported the Manger of Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
A corporation that needs help in all areas of management
manager (Former Employee), OhioMarch 11, 2013
Pros: clean work place
Cons: poor work enviroment, lack of teamwork
This company does not police their upper managers. They are allowed to make decisions without the training and education needed. Many directors show no professional conduct in meetings. People get promoted on the basis of who they know and their standing in the community. There is no teamwork, everyone is out to get up the corporate ladder .
Crown Equipment Corporation
Forklift Technician (Former Employee), Ontario, CAMarch 2, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: short breaks
Started at 7:30am, worked in shop. Pained forklifts, pre- maintenance inspection. Lunch at 12. Rebuild forklifts, build pallot jacks, off at 3:30. I learned how diagnose, trouble shoot electrical forklifts. I learned how to run DC warehouses and build rapport with building managers. How to correctly keep track of inventory in service vans and in DC building.
Management was excellent. Always willing to address my concerns.
Co-workers were great. Hard working easy to talk with. Team players.
The hard parts of my previous employment was time management.
The most enjoyable part of my job was customer service. I enjoyed talking to managers, addressing there concerns and fixing their problems.
Worst forklift company to work for
Emplyee (Former Employee), Evansville, INFebruary 10, 2013
Cons: everything
This is the worst company to work for in the forklift industry. All they care about is the bottom line. Management ask more than humanly possible and all they care about is 100% pm completion. The benefits are awful. They want to hold everyone accountable for every policy they have and they have a million different policies and do not make you aware of them all. The customers complain about the service manager and say the service manager is the downfall of the company and all employees say the same about the service manager but yet crown does nothing to the service manager. They put more stress on an employee than should be allowed by law.

March 12, 2013

This is so true . I worked for this company in a mid-level management position. The directors I worked for did not get along with other employees in the department even going as far as threatening one employee. This was brought to the attention of the personnel department which did nothing to correct the problem. In the end I was terminated for trying to do the right thing. I was given unemployment and even given a huge raise weeks before been terminated. One directors was even promoted to vice president.

fellow employees are nice
Wire harness assembler (Current Employee), Fort Loramie, OHJanuary 26, 2013
normally it is a great place and nice to come in to work every day on time.
Its definitely their way or the highway
Welder (Current Employee), MidwestOctober 29, 2012
Pros: listed
Cons: also see above
This company has turned upside down and backwards in the last 10i years. Theyve gone from an authentic american owned, family first corp. To a replica of all the foreign corps. around. Employees are expected to do more than is humanly possible, while maintaining 100% quality and safety. If you have a concern or complaint, feel free to keep your mouth shut. If you put voice to such things too often, you may find yourself unemployed for flimsy, if any, reasons. The mgmt lacks respect for hourly people, cursing and treating us like children. I watched one of the supervisors in a verbal altercation with an hourly recently, and it was a lot like watching my kids yelling at each other(senseless, ignorant). You can do very well here( if you are friends with the bosses, or the right crowd). Dont expect fair treatment from anyone if you dont fit the right image. Tattoos, piercings, long hair, all are considered bad things, as well as being too good at your job too quickly. Dont try to make a name for yourself or stick out in any way, good or bad. When the boss is looking, all he wants to see is a bunch of sheep, no black ones, no golden fleece. Really the only redeeming qualities this co. has are the pay, which is fair, and no mandatory overtime.

March 11, 2013

I was hired at Crown to clean up and set up a new department,after I made upper management aware of some of the problems. I was terminated after exposing some of the things they were doing and the people involved have been promoted to upper management. Is that right or what??????

what a horrible corp!
work with lift trucks (Current Employee), somewhere in ohioOctober 14, 2012
Pros: if on 1st shift good hours.
Cons: almost every aspect of crown is a con.
Management is a joke, employees are nothing but numbers at crown equipment corp. Don't ever express your opinions on daily operations or you will not have a job for to long. Company is a joke.

About Crown Equipment Corporation

Crown is one of the world’s largest material handling companies. Crown’s award-winning line of lift trucks maintains – Read more