Crown Equipment Corporation

Crown Equipment Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Good production flow
Machinist Operator (Former Employee) –  New Bremen, OHFebruary 23, 2016
Well ran business that gave employees opportunity to advance to a higher level according to ability which in turn advanced pay
A typical day included set up, operation and trouble shooting of machines operated
Pros
steady work
Cons
Long time getting to day shift
great place to work
Welder (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCApril 12, 2016
Crown is a great place to work. great support staff and managment.
if you learn your job well and allway keep up with prodution you will never have a problem
benefits
Cons
breaks
I worked at the crown plant in newcastle indiana
Move more technical (Former Employee) –  New Castle, INJune 15, 2016
The managers are a joke I hardly ever seen them threw the day, we never know what we're were supposed to be doing and dont you dare get sick I was very sick for 3 months almost died and they counted every day against me. Another note is its also the most dangerous crown plant of all with the worst safety record. Like the other people have said the managers are out to get you our plant head would sneak around to try to catch people doing stuff I've never seen a place act like that. Also there is hardly any time off 24 hours of personal time for a entire year and there is no sick pay. I also think it's a little ridiculous to keep 1/4 of crowns entire rental fleet to just 8 men we were responsible for fixing and preparing over 5000 fork trucks just with 8 people I'm sorry 20 dollars a hour for high skill labor to work ourselfs so hard is not worth it to me and then management was starting to require 10 hour overtime every week. It just not worth it. Oh and my department never had the safety gear we were required to have. Also management seems to have unlimited days off.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Short break, horrific management, bad safety record, very stressful and too much work load
Not a good place to be
service technician (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 8, 2015
Not a very good place to work for, lower end on pay for skilled people, and not very organized. Poor management, poor communication, overall a place people don't like to be.
Great company
NVH Principal Engineer (Current Employee) –  Celina, OHOctober 18, 2015
Excellent work environment. Driving for one hours through on country roads is dangerous in the winter, the reason I am looking for something else.
money isn't everything
I was a robot that didn't put up with it (Former Employee) –  new BremenMay 28, 2015
Management more concerned about helping themselves than you....very little recognition... But waste no time getting on you about why something wasn't done. Pay is good....benefits starting to go downhill. Multi billion dollar company....$50 christmas and an extra 20 min for lunch. With all of they training they put management through....I honestly think that they brain wash them into being a heartless brain dead idiot. Keep looking....you'll find happiness elsewhere for a little less money, drama and backstabbing, but you'll be cared for by you're superiors.
Pros
pay
Cons
you name it
Very stressful, no life besides Crown
Paint (Current Employee) –  New BremenMarch 17, 2015
From the time you walk in the door you have to watch your back, there are people who try and get people fired. If there is a incident ou mise well start trying to find another job cause our days are numbered. Supervisors show favortieism and will give you warning for little things but won't give warnings to his favorites that do the same thing. They stand by there processes even when some are flawed and when a accident happens when you are following the processes you will be wrote up or walked out
Pros
There isn't any
Cons
Short breaks, short lunches, Supervisors rushing you, terrible management from the group leaders on up.
Terrible place to work if you believe in a team effort or fair advancement!
CNC Milling Machinist (Current Employee) –  New Bremen, OHMarch 31, 2015
I have worked at Crown for a number of years, and have watched it become worse and worse! 95% of Manufacturing employees will tell you the same thing! The other 5% are lining up to put daggers in your back to get ahead! Management is a pit of vipers swarming and even biting each other!
Pros
Competative Pay
Cons
Everything Else!
Was once the place to work in Lenoir County
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCMarch 6, 2015
Crown at one time was a family oriented company but due to current management choices in some, not all, area, it has be come a self absorbed behemoth. The current head of HR at the Kinston facility is about as shady as they come. Most department heads ad cool to work with/for. This HR Rose-illa needs to go, as some of the comments left on this site will concur with.
Good Professional Culture
Software Development Intern (Former Employee) –  New Bremen, OHFebruary 4, 2015
Crown Equipment Corporation is the first company I have gotten a full time job with (I am in college). I was a software developer in R&D. Management was very nice, fair, and had a hands-off approach, even to us interns. We presented our results once or twice a week. Managers allowed us to explore various careers within the company. Environment was good, but not as laid-back as many software positions are becoming. No flexible hours. Lunch breaks are the only expected breaks.
Pros
good culture, good environment, options for career development
Cons
no flexible hours.
productive and highly driven place to work
Welding Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCDecember 12, 2014
CROWN is a very productive place to work,builds your skill levels to the maximum, staying focused is a must being how you have to make quota, working with my hands building and welding was one of my passions about this place they take quality of work an the love of your job very seriously
Pros
welding, environment is friendly
Cons
quota has to be met, write ups
Great Company to work for
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMarch 16, 2015
This is a company in which I hope to continue to grow with. They have great leadership, sales volume, and support. The hardest part of the job is the pay increases and decreases with the economy.
Pros
job security
Solid job with decent benefits, plenty of stress
Stock Handler (Current Employee) –  Celina, OHApril 15, 2014
Can be highly stressful, most employees are friendly and have good working relationships, but like anywhere else there are those who you have to watch what you say. The hardest part of the job is the time management, you are always busy. The most enjoyable part of the job is joking with coworkers. I would say the biggest downside is management, there are times where things will completely change overnight with no input from those who actually work in the area.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks, stressful
do not make anyone mad. work, keep mouth shut and don't get hurt
just a number (Former Employee) –  ohioJanuary 10, 2014
Keep opinions to yourself and don't get hurt, you will lose your job quickly. H.R.and management do not care about employees. Watch supervision, they are deceiving and not very honest. Good pay, bad benefits, not enough break time or lunch. Bad work environment. You walk on glass from the time you walk in the door till you go home affraid of what you say, how you say it and who you say it to.
Hurt on job twice due to faulty equipment, no one cares, I was fired and told I was a liability.
Pros
wages
Cons
everything else
Worst forklift company to work for
Emplyee (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 10, 2013
This is the worst company to work for in the forklift industry. All they care about is the bottom line. Management ask more than humanly possible and all they care about is 100% pm completion. The benefits are awful. They want to hold everyone accountable for every policy they have and they have a million different policies and do not make you aware of them all. The customers complain about the service manager and say the service manager is the downfall of the company and all employees say the same about the service manager but yet crown does nothing to the service manager. They put more stress on an employee than should be allowed by law.
Cons
everything
Hard work with lots of overtime available.
CNC Machine Operator/Flame Cutter (Former Employee) –  Celina, OHJuly 9, 2012
The leadership team uses a secretive approach to advancement. This family run business is going through many transitions these past 10 years in order to stay competitive, in so much as having to change their approach to mimic a Six Sigma, 5S, CIP approach to their facilities and production teams. This has caused great concern throughout the company and moral has dropped to new lows. Overall, when Crown stabilizes and really implements the lean approach with strong teams in place it will be robust once again.
Pros
good pay, some advancement, good working hours and conditions
Cons
secretive management, lack of support for career advancement, no continuing education available
Crown Equipment Corporation
Forklift Technician (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 2, 2013
Started at 7:30am, worked in shop. Pained forklifts, pre- maintenance inspection. Lunch at 12. Rebuild forklifts, build pallot jacks, off at 3:30. I learned how diagnose, trouble shoot electrical forklifts. I learned how to run DC warehouses and build rapport with building managers. How to correctly keep track of inventory in service vans and in DC building.
Management was excellent. Always willing to address my concerns.
Co-workers were great. Hard working easy to talk with. Team players.
The hard parts of my previous employment was time management.
The most enjoyable part of my job was customer service. I enjoyed talking to managers, addressing there concerns and fixing their problems.
Pros
good pay
Cons
short breaks
Crown
Paint line worker (Former Employee) –  New Breman ohioNovember 7, 2013
The only way I can explain Crown in one sentence is.. Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians.
management isn't interested in its workers, only in the product.
breaks were ridiculous, over a coarse of an 8 hour day you get a ten min. break in the morning and a twenty min. lunch in the afternoon. that's it. just all around an unenjoyable work place.
in other words the workers considered it 'Crown state prison'
Pros
good benefits, great pay
Cons
everything else
A corporation that needs help in all areas of management
manager (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 11, 2013
This company does not police their upper managers. They are allowed to make decisions without the training and education needed. Many directors show no professional conduct in meetings. People get promoted on the basis of who they know and their standing in the community. There is no teamwork, everyone is out to get up the corporate ladder .
Pros
clean work place
Cons
poor work enviroment, lack of teamwork
Good Company, Certain Departments Are Very Poorly Managed
Engineer (Former Employee) –  New Bremen, OhioMay 14, 2012
Worked there for several years. Overall I liked the company itself, however my department management staff was extremely poor and has lead to multiple employees with years of experience (3 of them over 15+ years) leaving the company or the department just to get out. I would recommend the company itself, just be careful about who you work for inside the company.

2.7