Crown Lift Trucks Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CADecember 17, 2015
Hard work but worth it.
I enjoy the company and company culture.
The days are what you make them, if you work hard then you reap more benefits than if you do not. The point and goal daily is to make connections with those who will become not just customers but clients, this is based on you.
Pros
You manage your own schedule
Cons
Managing your own schedule to meet certain goals can be difficult
Fun Workplace
Rental/Used Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 3, 2015
Encouraging workplace with family values. Everyone always willing to help when needed. Wonderful network with all of the other branches around the country.
Management not the best @ branch level
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 30, 2015
The company as a whole great to work for. At branch level, politics out of hand. This may not be true to all branches. Few opportunities to advance.
A rapid growing company
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 26, 2015
Crown is a continued fast growing company with a go get it attitude. A typical day at work for me is 3-5 scheduled appointments and 5-7 cold calls daily. A minimum of 50 calls a week. Everyday I learn something from a customers need for their warehouse to what all we can do to provide a customer with assistance in making their job more efficient. The management team will go above and beyond in supporting our roles out in the field. I would say the hardest part about the job is I am ready for the next step with Crown but I would need to be based out of Ohio and cannot make that move because of my parents. The most enjoyable part of my job is having satisfied customers.
Pros
car allowance, mileage reimbursement, expense account, lap top, cell phone
Cons
extended paperwork
Good Work Ethic
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLAugust 23, 2015
Company does a lot of promoting from within. There is always somebody available to help out in a crisis. Very professional, company provides excellent training to it's employees.
fun place to work
Sales Secretary /Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJuly 30, 2015
they give good raises compared to working for the medical field. I find it hard to believe that a lift truck company can pay better than a place that charges 50- 80,000 per sx and lift service is less expensive that sx or office visits. I had to take a $2.00 pay cut to work at the University
Pros
not what I like to do
Cons
raises
Crown Lift Trucks
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIJune 30, 2015
Crown makes electric and propane powered forklifts. The company is based out of New Bremen, OH. Many markets are served by factory branches rather than independent dealers
great place to work
Decemember 14', Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  houston txMay 8, 2015
i worked for crown for a year and a half. The had great benfits and job security. The pay wasnt the best but it wasnt bad. when you start they give you tons of training and every thing is cut out for you.
Pros
benefits, job
Billing Clerk/Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Aorora CoApril 27, 2015
The main reason I left was to get back into the Medical Field. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with. I learned a lot.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Regional Customer Service Sales (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 17, 2015
If you havent been in the industry it can take a little time to get your feet wet. However good people always looking to do whats right
Pros
communication between departments
Cons
pay, work/life balance/ management
Great conservative company to work with!
Parts Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 2, 2015
Lots of "lifers" that work there. A great place to make a career out of. Fun and friendly people. Very repetitive work. Some opportunities to travel with the company.
Pros
monday thru friday work schedule. higher than normal entry level pay.
Cons
oftentimes managers are so busy that they don't always hear your concerns, not necessarily a bad thing but annoying.
Great
Dispatcher/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAFebruary 24, 2015
friendly company that takes pride in their products and customer service. Fast pace company that strive for excellence and making sure their customers are taken care of.
Integrity-Based Company
Parts Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 16, 2015
I have been very pleased that that in my years of working with Crown, I have never been asked to lie to or be anything but fair with customers.
Pros
professional work culture
Cons
difficult to add necessary staff.
Unorganized Branch
Rental Manager/ Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAOctober 30, 2014
This branch was unorganized and understaffed. I was over worked and under trained as a new employee to the company.
Very Political
National Account Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  AtlOctober 9, 2014
Management rules everything. If you have a opinion of your own you should expect to get fired.
Not a great work enviroment.
Rental / Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 7, 2014
Stable company, Atlanta branch was kept in a stressful state, management could have done a better job, but the culture was one of stress, real or imagined.
productive and diverse experience
Field Parts Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 1, 2014
Enter work and load up all orders and deliveries for the day. Locate technician locations and schedule delivery route. Handle daily consignment accounts while keeping all the deliveries on time. All the co-workers maintained a positive work ethic and followed all safety precautions. The most enjoyable part of working as a parts employee was all of the interactions and new challenges.
Worst Experience
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMay 9, 2014
Those 2 years were the worst experience of my life. The people are blood suckering, back stabbers. No team work, everyone out for their selves. Disgusting people - language, atmosphere, environment. it was so bad it physically made me sick to work there. No support from management. They hired me when I had been out of work and needed a job but I had no idea how bad it could get.
Cons
people, management, location, supplies, uncomfortable chairs to sit in for 8 hours a day
Strong Company
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 30, 2014
Field Service Tech- work with little supervision, work days are different everyday, travel from company to company.
Pros
company vehicle, gas card, manage yourself (with guidance)
Cons
winter driving, 90 day wait on benefits, limited opportunities for advancement without relocating
Good, Stable workplace
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 7, 2014
Typical day at work consist of driving company vehicle to job site and satisfying the customer with what ever they need. Keeping equipment running was a big factor. Common sense helped me figure out problems and also being mechanically inclined. Management was goof. Co workers were hardly seen, only if you needed assistance or there was a service meeting. Hardest part but most rewarding was doing things all on your own as if you were on an island with a certain amount of materials and you had to get the job done. Most enjoyable part is working with different people everyday and the freedom of having a work vehicle.
Pros
freedom, company vehicle
Cons
under appreciated