Crown Lift Trucks Employee Reviews

great place to work if you know the right people
Field Parts Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 25, 2016
Mostly politics, must know the right people for advancement. Poor 401k efforts by the company. Management is a joke! Good vacation time.
Good work envoronment, provide excellent trainig.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 10, 2016
In my experience there, they promoted a professional work environment. Accountability is a major focal point that is communicated to the technicians. The middle management at the time need to be restructured, excessive cases of obvious nepotism. The attitude among co-workers was generally positive. the most difficult part of the job was watching good employees being passed up for promotions in favor of friends and family of managers. In contrast, the most enjoyable part was interacting with customers in the field and getting the sense of accomplishment when their equipment was back in service.
It's good
Presently employed as a Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 20, 2017
Good place to work. great benefits, tool program, tuition reimbursement, and company vehicle. Support for growth is in place and an encouragement to continue training.
Bad Place to work
Helpdesk Analyst / Intern (Current Employee) –  N Arlington, NJJanuary 25, 2017
No job opportunities unless you know the right people or want to travel 90% of the time. No feedback to help improvement. No ability to think outside of the box on the IT side of the business. They only want support staff to be located in a town of 1500 for the population.
Cons
job growth, no backbone in management
Work
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  La Verne, CAJanuary 21, 2017
Great Company Leadership needs a bit of a tweek. Great product as well as great customers. No complaints. The customers make the job good.
Pros
Van
Integrity not present
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 9, 2016
Paperwork days filled with accusations and put downs. People don't stay long. Dishonesty illuminates this facility. Everythings under a microscope. The more you stay away from the shop the higher your success rate. Constant coverups for friends. Lying to customers and over billing. Violates conscientious just hearing the things that go on.
Pros
annual training
Cons
managers, constant digging and accusations, name calling and verbal abuse
average place of work
Senior service engineer (Current Employee) –  Senior mobile service engineerAugust 15, 2016
Long hours lots of miles working out in open and in warehouses all year round in all weather conditions. Poor communications between departs. Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to do a good job for customers and to help emgineers to resolve customers issues.
Pros
use of company vehicle
Cons
lots of miles covered long working hours including sum unpaird hours.
A good place to work, If you lack knowledge, skill and moral conviction
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 2, 2016
Overall a fun and exciting job to have. The best part of the job is you basically independently operate and manage your own business as a representative of Crown. However I was impatient to earn the trust involved in being completely independent. Apparently the first year or so is what it takes, to gain this trust.

As with any major cooperation, there are plenty of rules and regulations. Enforcement of rules and regulations is at leisure. Standards and procedures are generally spoken about and rarely implemented/enforced.

There is Two weeks of Training annually, called Demonstrative Performance. Essentially, you read a service manual and perform the outlined functions of the subject. Then an Instructor tests/watches you perform, giving a pass/fail grade.

After this initial training you will "float" with other service technician. Where they try to teach you the "Crown way" and how they like to perform their job. Most Co-workers are friendly and generally helpful. Most also have a teamwork wins type of attitude. Be prepared to be belittled and judged.

Once a week you report to a Field service manager. You get one hour to throw away trash, scrap metal, pick up uniforms, pick up any needed service supplies, parts, special tools, etc. and then speak with your supervisor. Achievements and recognition is rarely addressed, focusing only on shortcomings. Usually due to work load and expectations being set to an unrealistic level.

To any potential new hire to Crown. Work hard, keep your mouth shut, Pretend you don't know anything.
  more... Follow directions regardless of ethics, and you will succeed at Crown Lift Trucks.  less
Pros
At home service van, work independently, good pay and benefits
Cons
Poor leadership, excessive workload, unrealistic expectations
n/a
Manufacturing Operations Assistant (Temporary) (Current Employee) –  New Bremen, OHMay 23, 2016
Great place to work. Opportunity for advancement. Excellent culture. Very Safety oriented. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people.
good job
Parts Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 4, 2017
was good job, just looking for something different. Company had a great things to offer. Lots of training offered. Was wanting something with more growth
Productive and Fun
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CADecember 17, 2015
Hard work but worth it.
I enjoy the company and company culture.
The days are what you make them, if you work hard then you reap more benefits than if you do not. The point and goal daily is to make connections with those who will become not just customers but clients, this is based on you.
Pros
You manage your own schedule
Cons
Managing your own schedule to meet certain goals can be difficult
field technician
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYOctober 11, 2016
up early drive to office pick up parts
if no service calls start preventative maintenance for the month
communication a must
very helpful in teaching things I didn't know
getting parts on time
being on the road having my on territory
Great Company with values
Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake, UTJune 12, 2016
Great workers and equipment, always very busy and plenty of overtime. When you perform they reward with reviews every 6 months.
Pros
New Equipment
Cons
management
Extremely dirty work under high pressure
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 20, 2016
Not a bad job but from my location had to travel over 2hrs a day without pay. They don't allow time for putting away inventory in you van on company time.
Learning Experience
Service Parts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLSeptember 12, 2016
Learned different different components in forklift machine.Learned how to search for original and after market parts replacement according to customer's demands.
Pros
Learned product components
Cons
Lack of training
Parts department
Parts Technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 11, 2016
This company does not care about the employees. I had some good co-workers, and some not so good, which is typical of every company. I received all parts for the entire company. Processed customer orders, technicians orders, and other company orders. It was a very rapid paced enviornment, which I did like, as I am a dedicated worker. The hardest part of the job was the way the management swore at the other employees including myself, and all of the lies they spread. I did enjoy being able to work at a rapid hard pace, but management did not treat us well.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMarch 11, 2016
The culture of working with a forklift company is very different. I was not able to acquire the taste. However, this is a stable company to work for, they provide you with all the resources you need to succeed and they will treat you with respect and help you develop and pay for the training you need to excel at what you do.
Give me a Lift!
A/R, Dispather, IS (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 6, 2012
Crown is a great company all in all. The product is good, the service is just as good. Management was more concerned with the pretty receptionist getting a raise than the myself a first appointed A/R then added duties such as Dispatcher, IS,computer formatting, and Inventory control, with no raise. AS well the receptionist was making the same amount as me. That is questionable as to why a skilled workers was making the lowest amount in the office.
Pros
great people and environment
Cons
no room to advance with pay
A rapid growing company
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 26, 2015
Crown is a continued fast growing company with a go get it attitude. A typical day at work for me is 3-5 scheduled appointments and 5-7 cold calls daily. A minimum of 50 calls a week. Everyday I learn something from a customers need for their warehouse to what all we can do to provide a customer with assistance in making their job more efficient. The management team will go above and beyond in supporting our roles out in the field. I would say the hardest part about the job is I am ready for the next step with Crown but I would need to be based out of Ohio and cannot make that move because of my parents. The most enjoyable part of my job is having satisfied customers.
Pros
car allowance, mileage reimbursement, expense account, lap top, cell phone
Cons
extended paperwork
fun place to work
Sales Secretary /Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJuly 30, 2015
they give good raises compared to working for the medical field. I find it hard to believe that a lift truck company can pay better than a place that charges 50- 80,000 per sx and lift service is less expensive that sx or office visits. I had to take a $2.00 pay cut to work at the University
Pros
not what I like to do
Cons
raises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crown Lift Trucks. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval