Crown Services - LCL Employee Reviews

Work usually available and good staffers
Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, KYOctober 31, 2017
Working for Crown has been good. I was working at a factory and they were able to transfer me quickly when I asked for other work. Now, I am working as a groundskeeper. I asked to work in the dirt and my staffer said "I think I may have ONE thing."
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Temporary work
Machine op
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Monroe, OHOctober 24, 2017
I enjoy working at Crown, but you do not paid holidays or vacation days. You are working for a temp agency, so there is very little room for advancement.
Pros
sometimes they keep you busy.
Cons
no benefits
find work for you fast
Shipping Associate (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYOctober 19, 2017
they are quick to find assignments and handle complaints you may have. lack of paid holidays is a huge con. i would recommend them over other agencies ive worked for
Focus was not healthy or safe for a healthcare enviorment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYOctober 16, 2017
A typical day at work was confusing and not directed appropriately to health care concentration. The environment reeked and it was not clean in no shape or form.
good place to work
Machine Operator and Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Milford, OHOctober 11, 2017
you pretty much pick the places you wanna work at and if you dont like where your put at 1st they r williong to relocate you to another place of their choice pay is great and so r the people
good
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOOctober 10, 2017
good and consistent pay grades. consistent work at a full time basis. would work with you at all times and measures. employee to employer relations was very good.
It's really not a good place to work.
Patient Aide (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYOctober 4, 2017
If you get hurt on the job, you might as well kiss your job goodbye. Once you get put on workers comp. you don't get paid anything like they say you do. It's very hard to move up through Crown.
productive /fun work place
Assistant Recreation (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYSeptember 8, 2017
It was an awesome experience to enjoy and meet and help others. learning new things everyday getting to take people out and helping them enjoy there life with what they can do and just to work together as a whole team
ok place to work
Laboratory Scientist I (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 17, 2017
I worked for a science lab through crown services and missed work when the lab was closed. the biggest downfall was waiting the 6 months to get paid days off. I enjoyed working at the lab.
Productive and fun place to work. Learned much.
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOAugust 12, 2017
Clean conveyor lines after running job; trained on Bib line; trained on bottle line depalitizer. Enjoyed working with other employees. Worked in batch several days with supervisor.
Pros
Free Pepsi
Cons
N/a
Daily Check in
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYAugust 10, 2017
Lack of jobs after seasonal. Would not rely on it for main source of income as most job placements do not hire on temporary employees. Mostly warehousing or janitorial duties
Temp Job
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 9, 2017
I worked as a temp at a State Office, did payroll, then they moved me to Administrative Assistant for the CFO, then moved me to Administrative Assistant for the Nursing Office, all the while still helping with payroll. I wanted to go full time with the State, but never seemed to get that. So I found a new job. Needed permanent full time with benefits.
Pros
close to home
Cons
No benefits, pay was not that great
Great place to learn new skills.
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYAugust 8, 2017
Learn new skills.
Office staff are great to work with.
Given responsibilities to reflect skills gained.
Meet new people.
Each work day is different.
Worked in the office as a temp.
Enjoyed the work.
Pros
Learn new skills.
Good if you need experience
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, INAugust 4, 2017
Crown Services contacted me at a time when I was at my wit's end because no one wanted to hire me because of my lack of experience within my field. Crown was able to get me into a position where I was able to get the experience I needed. I was a 90-day temp through Crown Services. While I am grateful for the chance to get the experience I needed, the pay through Crown Services, in my opinion, is not a fair salary, especially for a position in the Medical field.
Pros
Opportunity for experience
Cons
Poor pay
Andre D. Barrett
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 27, 2017
I love working through Crown Services I was working with a steel company called Charter Steel. I learn how to operate machines. I also ran the line I banded Steel for the shipments.
Pros
Clean work environment, free lunch sometimes
Cons
In the summer it's really hot
Waste of time if thinking about long term
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 14, 2017
A great company to work for if your timely and punctual. A typical day of slave labor for pennies compared to other places. Staff is friendly but had to reach in case of emergency.
Had to be fast with your hands and feet.
Crown Health Care Laundry (Former Employee) –  Quitman, GAJune 26, 2017
I like the job put there. Thw most job work I like to do was pillow cases. As to catch you would have to grab the pillow cases from the machine. Count 20 of them separately. Throw them on the line and keep it moving.
Pros
You had to bring your own food from home to eat 3 times at work on every break you had.
Cons
You only had 15 minutes and 30 minutes for your break.
Ortho/sports medicine
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 13, 2017
I have learned the world of orthopedics, how to place cast, how to place mobility devices, prepare cortisone devices. I learned how to clean ex- fix devices. I've learned how the body heals it self. Management is different, workplace culture is diverse. The hardest part is keeping up with every doctors protocol. the part I love most is watching people at their worst thrive into their best self.
Many Job Opportunities
Optometrist Resp, Dispatch,Office Helper (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYMay 8, 2017
They provide a good number of job placement opportunities. They work to get you in the highest paying positions to fit your needs and abilities. They have benefits available for reasonable prices.
Pros
Being able to work at different locations
Cons
Not permenant work, unless hired by an employer you have been assigned to.
Competitive for a temp agency.
Field Associate (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHApril 28, 2017
A typical day as a field associate varies from day to day, and assignment to assignment greatly. Most places they staff give 2 paid 10-15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch. As long as you show up on time every time and do your job, they will keep you on at that site until the assignment is over with a slim chance of being hired on at that site permanently. The best part of the job is that if you don't like your current assignment, just hang on a little while and you'll get a new one. The most enjoyable part of the job is that when you are assigned to a site and you do your job efficiently, you have job security until the assignment is over.
Pros
You can change sites at least every 3 months, breaks are scheduled routinely.
Cons
You pretty much get 3 months at a site and then reassigned, if they don't have any assignments open, you don't have work.