Crown Employee Reviews

I learned a great deal working different assignments.
Parts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 21, 2014
I had various assignments with Crown Services that gave me a great deal of experience in different work environments.
Pros
Work experience in different fields
Cons
No stability
a new facility that needs better managment
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  New Castle, INSeptember 26, 2014
was basiclly a good company, I enjoyed working there,most co workers did their jobs,managment was poor in their comunications with employees. I liked the work hours and not having to work alot of weekends.
Pros
not working alot of weekends
Cons
heavy, slippery parts, oily
Very productive, wonderful environment, and nice co workers
CALL CENTER REP (Current Employee) –  Avon, INSeptember 24, 2014
I would come in and everyone is friendly and up beat every morning, the managers always come out of their offices to check on employees and make sure we are ok. The hardest part of the job is telling customers that the product they were on the waiting list for is sold out and they will not get it and they have been waiting months for. The most enjoyable part was coming to work and getting to know everyone and doing pitch ins every other month. Also I got to know customers personally and they would ask for me personally because they loved the way I handled their order.
Pros
Getting to park in the front of the building if I worked weekends and the pay was nice.
Cons
Being cut from hours I wanted to work due to the company closing in october, so there was no room for advancement in the company.
productive ,never was there hhorseplay in the ware house ,only after the day was over were workers aloud to take off the uniform airconditioned and cl
Relocation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CASeptember 16, 2014
-A typical day at work required arriving at 6:00 confront boss on what your task is for the day .

-I learned how to operate with other people ,and how to manage time and control over the situation is key to a safe and calm work environment .

-Co-workers were sociable but working 12 hr shifts that require moving boxes that are 60-120 pounds can get stress full and can cause co-worker to complain and argue , I never had this problem only cause we worked as a team and when all goes well then problem within the worker do not happen.

- The hardest part of the job is packaging cause item go into specific boxes according to size, weight , and how fragile the item is , but on the other hand, Relocating heavy boxes to point A to point B is still strength consuming .

-The most enjoyable part of the job is when the job is done .
Pros
free lunch somtimes
Cons
non
Very social people we were like a Family at Kohl's
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 29, 2014
Walk in everybody say there good morning's store over view then store goals an expectations break-off tackle the task of the day. take a lunch a few breaks and finish strong..
Pros
discount on merchandise (BIG BONUS)
Cons
No Headphones
If & when Im out of a jod I can always come back
PRODUCTION (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 22, 2014
Comeing in to work sayin hello to all coworkers insure them to have a very productive day.Ive learned to prioritize and complete multiple task alone with inventory I work very well with my coworkers/management. The hards part was changes in my hours with small kids able to learn new things back then ..
Pays well but not many opportunities.
HAZELWOOD CENTER RN SHIFT/PROGRAM SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 30, 2014
It is a good staffing agency to work thru however they are limited on what they can offer. Management is easy to work with and will listen to your concerns.
its ok love the job where i am at just need more hours
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILMay 28, 2014
its ok wanting to be placed somewhere else for more hours and they are not willing to move me
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
dont work with ther employees
A work week
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Urbandale, IAApril 29, 2014
Working with crown services is okay to work with as long as you stay on top and keep calling first thing on Mondays. when they call you have to drop everything in go to the work site. Wish they can call a couple hours ahead to let you no when to do to a work site. I like going to the work sites they treat you with respect.
Pros
Have you working immediately.
Cons
You really never know how many hours you'll get for that week.
Not too hard, but not the happiest of places to work.
Annoymous (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 20, 2014
Work isn't too hard, but they know how to work the dog out of you and for not much pay. It's a production company so it's all about producing. They pretend to care for their employees, but only care about the numbers.
Pros
good benefits, few good employees left
Cons
Management doesn't show concern about how much they work you as long as you produce.
Great Temp Agency.
Patient Aide (Current Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYApril 8, 2014
Fast Placement and Great Group of folks working there. I didn't actually work in the office.
Pros
Quick Placement.
Cons
Not so desirable pay.
Overall wasn't a bad job
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNFebruary 11, 2014
The job in itself wasn't bad. It was consistent and you knew what you were going to do. It was the management environment that made it uncomfortable.
My Time At Crown
Front End Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Batesville, MSJanuary 23, 2014
I have a wonderful opportunity to be a part of the manufacturing process of taking a huge roll of aluminum & turning it into a finished aluminum cans. I got to meet some very interesting people, so good, and some great, others not so much. Crown has some great benefits, but it can be stressful when trying to do everything that is required of you. The biggest thing to be effective is to be able to communicate with people who are over you & with people who you have to work closely with assuming they are willing to communicate.
Pros
Short Breaks, 4 days off in a row
Cons
Dealing with fellow employees & Having Plantar Fasciitis
Enjoyed the type of work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Monroe, OHDecember 3, 2013
The co- workers were really good and learning the different packing procedures
Cons
It was just seasonal
Friendly People
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYNovember 21, 2013
They make sure you have everything you need. It was fun and i never worried about hours i had plenty. Everyone there is friendly the first day on the job they have someone meet you. It was just a good experience all around I would recommend anyone.
Good Place
Mecánico de Línea y Prensa (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRNovember 18, 2013
Is a small manufacturd plant with a lot of work and responsability to the client. I learned all my skills in that plant, works with my co-workers like a family.
Pros
Medical Plan
Cons
Short break
Very productive and goal oriented Plant
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 13, 2013
Fast paced.
Versatility of tasks requires me to wear many hats on a daily basis, which makes my job very enjoyable.
Excellent working relationship with Plant Manager and other members of the management team, as well as with hourly employees
Pros
Trust between management and hourly employees
Cons
Uncertain future of the Company
challenge that was a learning exp.
Admissions director (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYSeptember 19, 2013
Filled the beds, Even with the challenge of a not so great reputation.
Only thing that makes crown worth working at is the pay
MIG Welder (Former Employee) –  New Bremen, OHSeptember 12, 2013
I worked as a welder for about 2 1/2 years and lived in hell for the first year and a half. The supervisors are completely out of line and with yell at you even if your a hard worker. I don't know how they determine their "favorites" but they are the only workers who like their job as they can do as they please. After finally threatening them to turn my supervisor in for harassment with valid proof they finally moved me to a different facility. if you get hurt on the job they will do what they can to blame you and not the actual root cause. I have never been hurt on the job even after 10+ years of welding until I started crown where I had 3 workplace incidents needing medical attention. I don't care how hard you work for this place they still don't care about you at the end of the day. I could personally do twice as much as the next guy and they would take advantage of that while letting others walk around, talk and goof off. At the end of the day when you need someone to have your back it won't be crown.
Pros
Pay
Cons
short minimal breaks, poor management
good place to be
manager (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, GASeptember 9, 2013
loved everything about this place just had to move out of state for family reasons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crown. Our community is ready to answer.