Crowne Plaza Hotel Employee Reviews in United States

Equal opportunity
Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 28, 2016
This employer has a very diverse crowd of employees and guests that i was always able to expand my own personnel knowledge and work knowledge. I was treated equally and this company treated me as well as i treated them keeping me in good spirits while i kept a great attitude and always used my integrity skills. I would defiantly tell others to work for this company, as they will treat you as well as they treated me during the few years that i committed my gratitude.

I am giving compensation/benefits and management only three stars for the fact that during the end of my time with this company, they did not treat me with the utmost respect and follow through professionally with my concerns.

When i left this company last week, they did not treat me as if i had worked there for such a great duration, but treated me as if I was somebody off of the streets causing more grief than good. I do wish all of them the best of luck in life and I'm sad to say, that I can't really say the same for myself if I was in their shoes.
Pros
If given the opportunity, I would work there again in the future.
Cons
Management did not always care about my legitimate concerns.
Typical front desk
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PADecember 14, 2015
Preparing for hotel arrivals, make breakfast vouchers, prepare keys for platinum guests. Check-in guests, problem handling for guests, assisting guests with concierge-like questions etc.
Some of management team excellent, very easy-going and pleasant to be around, very helpful during training... other management members not so much.

Most difficult part of the job is always just dealing with tough situations or customers that are unhappy, but thats just part of the job. The long hours are also sometimes challenging.

Most rewarding part is probably making guests happy, when guests tell you how much they are enjoying their stay, or the hotel, or your service!

I learned how to better handle upset guests or customers for all different kinds of needs and improved my Microsoft excel skills. Also how to be a concierge because, never had experience with that prior to this job.
Pros
free lunch and discounted SEPTA passes
Cons
no union, mangagement style is sometimes unprofessional and unclear about raises or paths to improvement.
Perfect place to start your hotel career. Managers are very helpful in training agents.
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 24, 2015
Preparing airlines signing sheets and communicating with housekeeping to have those rooms ready. Learn to handle large group check In. Dispatching shuttle for airport pick up and communicating them over radio. Managers are always available to help agents and solve guests complaints. Work is never stressful for amazing co-workers and a friendly work environment. Sudden group arrival with less agents on duty sometime gets it a little harder to have the job done on time. Its always fun to work in a friendly workplace.
Pros
Employee cafeteria serves lunch and dinner
Cons
No health benefits
Family oriented atmosphere
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  McLean, VA 22102February 12, 2016
I have been very happy at the Crowne, however their benefits could be better. The hotel discounts aren't that good and the insurance is Kaiser so it's up really up to the individual.
Pros
Team oriented, room for advancement
Cons
better benefits
Amazing Guests and Great Potential
Employee (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJOctober 4, 2015
Your day involves the standard hotel list, check arrivals, deposits, etc...the real fun is when guest arrive. You become extended family to lots of these guests as they stay with you 5 days a week in some cases. Co-workers tend to be the make or break of the place, some are amazing and energize you to be the best and others are back stabbing you to HR/Management trying to get you canned. The front line associates are over worked, underpaid, but loved by the guests and honestly...that makes it worth it most of the times. Management and sales operate more like a monarchy where it is ruled by title, not be effort, skill or ability. If you are in their favor, then your job is secured but once he "feels" differently then you will be gone, like the 77 people before me in less then 2 years. There is no training and no development and management level skills are held closely guarded because making yourself valuable by knowing things is truly one of the only job securities offered.
Pros
Guests, Food and Most Co-workers
Cons
Petty Management, Pay and Benefits and Lack of Organization
Productive and Fun Fair workplace
Banquet Bartender (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHOctober 12, 2015
A good place to work friendly co-workers, room for advancement
benefits are provided. All around good place to work for. Personal growth great training is provided. Supportive management
The most enjoyable part of working for this establishment was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them as well as them learning from me. Several different restaurant managers during my employment with many changes.
Productive work place
Housekeeping department (Former Employee) –  SecaucusSeptember 19, 2015
The days at work were productive, fun, and working for me is a distraction. I like working and preforming whatever I am in charge of, I like accuracy. During my 13 years of work at Crown Plaza I've learned many things, I became an experienced person in the housekeeping area. The hardest part of the job was dealing with co-workers that wanted to feel superior than the rest of us. The most enjoyable part of the job were the treatments from the bosses, the health benefits and the holidays off, they treated us well.
Pros
Health benefits, stable job hours, good employee treatment, opportunites provided
Cons
Injustice between co-workers
Positive and exciting work enviornment
Banquet Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIAugust 7, 2015
This is a great place to work especially if you're a college student looking for an easy part-time job with great pay. Co-workers are all excellent to work with and from day one you already feel welcomed. Working hard comes with every job, this is no exception. There are days where you work long hours, but at the end of it all you feel accomplished.
Pros
Free meals twice per day, amazing co-workers, flexible work schedule
Cons
short, sometimes non-exsistant breaks, no benefits for part-time, little to no chance of advancement(depending on possition)
Owners are great
associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 12, 2015
Inconsistent in enforcing policy and procedures, Co-workers are wonderful, Benefits are expensive, could be better. Expressed gratitude to their associates for work well done. HR needs improvement.
Pros
Employee meal
Cons
Benefits and Payroll periods
Front desk at the Crowne
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 26, 2016
Typical day at the Crowne Plaza could be either slow or really busy. I enjoyed the busy days because I like to stay busy and I also wouldn't pay attention to the time. I learned a lot by working with the company. I learned better customer service and how to work with certain computer software. The management seemed to work with us to help where needed when they could. My co-workers were what kept the day entertaining. I would say the hardest part of my job was remembering all of the steps it takes to make every reservation perfect to the guests needs. The most enjoyable part was knowing I was the reason a guest was happy to be staying with us.
Pros
Free lunch & Discount on hotels
Cons
Health care
Good experience
Guest Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMarch 2, 2016
My coworkers are team players, my managers are understanding. A typical day is extremely busy. I use excel and Microsoft word to set up our point deposits for our v.i.p. guest. Next I create breakfast vouchers. Throughout the day I am answering the phone to assist guest with different issues and questions about out company and some calls I have to forward to other departments. I check guest in and out of the hotel and take care of their billing. I also contact housekeeping and engineering if our guest have an issue in either of those areas.
Pros
the multitasking helps me with time management
Cons
the guest are unaware of how much I am doing at once
Do not work here
Yeah Right (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCMay 21, 2015
The Crowne Plaza is the worse place I have ever worked. The management is awful. It is the joke of Asheville. People don't put in notices at Crowne Plaza, they walk out. No one cares about their job. The employees who have worked their more than 6 months don't even bother to ask you your name or smile because they know you will quit soon. The pay well but trust me it is not worth it. They stay in trouble with the North Carolina Labor Board. I left a perfectly good job for that place because of the salary...never again. Extremely unprofessional environment. I would not recommend moving to Asheville to work here...you will regret it.
Pros
close to Sam's where gas is cheap
Cons
Management, unprofessional, unfriendly, old rooms, nasty kitchen
Crowne palza los angeles harbor needs new department management
Housekeeping Houseman (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles Harbor, CAJune 15, 2016
A typical day at that hotel was never good housekeeping management never made it a good day always came out of the hotel stressed out low selfesteam. Never learned anything because they never show you anything they just send you up to the floors without proper training the general manager needs make lots of changes in the department because they don't care about the employees working there I worry about my co workers because nobody has an enjoyable day there so please indeed or someone else who reads this I wouldn't recommend this job while they have that kind of management someone needs to do something about it.
Cons
Always checking what time you go on break bad attitude no respect
Overall Job
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHMarch 14, 2016
Everyday I come into work and do the same thing, we have a checklist that we need to go through to make sure everything is all set for the remainder of the day. The check list is simple and I generally finish it within the first hour. After that I tend to take care of guest that walk by or call as I update the reservations and block rooms for the upcoming reservation. My staff is very friendly and we get along well, we talk about work and things we do outside of work, some ever hang out after work or on days off. I feel as though my job is all about communication and working things out. We have guest who come to us for anything, whether its an issue with their room or for directions or even sometimes a little bit of small talk. My favorite part of my job is when you get a guest who thanks you for what you do for them during their stay, its a rewarding feeling and gives you the feeling as though you belong and did something right.
Well
Assistant Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 17, 2015
I started at the Crowne and loved everything about it. After 2 short months I was promoted several times and found myself unable to have a personal life. I understand working in management can do this to you but this was ridiculous. 70+ hours a week is insane. I never received benefits. No PTO. No sick leave. The pay was extremely low considering the hours I was working. I would love to find a hotel that appreciates my hard-work and is willing to let me see my family. This is not a place to work if you have a family!
Pros
Free lunch and dinner
Cons
Management is in disarray
Productive work place with a lot of room to grow
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAApril 1, 2016
I enjoy my job very much, because I get to meet all kinds of wonderful people from all walks of life and from all over the world. I answer multiple phone lines. I make and cancel reservations. Communicate with Housekeeping to make sure everything in the rooms are ready for guest to check into. I work directly with sales in regards to large groups and business travelers who come through the hotel. I love working with my Awesome Co-workers we are a really good team. The hardest part of the job sometimes can be dealing with irate guest, but other than that I love it to to it's entirety!.
Not the best place to work at.
Valet / Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 31, 2016
You get treated like a nobody. Everyone dumps their work load on you and lacks the responsibilities to do their own work. Supervisors are extremely lazy and will throw you under the bus in a second. Treated unfairly and they show favoritism to others, along with person relations in the workplace. They will set you up for failure and when you're down and out, they come up with a terrible setup to get rid of you.
Pros
Good experience to obtain in the hotel industry.
Cons
Terrible management, terrible everything.
Great staff. Very high expectaions.
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 30, 2016
I worked from 7am to 7pm 5 days a week. I would work two 6 days with the 6th day being only 5 hours shift. I was on call 24 hours a day, unless I took a vacation day.
The best part about my job was the staff that I lead. I treated my staff very fair and in return they always showed up on time and never called in.
The work and life balance was very difficult. Due to the hours that were expected out of me to keep our payroll under was almost out of reach. But in the three years I was always under plan.
Pros
Free lunch and dinner.
Cons
Short Staffed, Managers must work 60 hours work weeks.
great place to work,exceptional office space, wonderful guests
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHJuly 1, 2015
Serve and assist guests on the executive club level
Excellent customer service skills
Management is easy to work with
Co-workers very friendly
Getting up very early in the morning, working split shift
Getting to know the guests; their likes and dislikes.
Pros
Discount room benefits, close to home
Cons
Split shifts
Fun and Fast Paced!
Valet Driver (Former Employee) –  St Paul, MNJune 30, 2015
-The typical day at work consisted of arriving at Crown Plaza and locate parking spot - acknowledge and greet everyone as entering premises - meet with manager and find out what daily goal was - greet and assist guests with excellent customer service skills - fill out proper paperwork prior to moving vehicle to proper location - run back to podium and stay attentive!

-Learned a lot about staying on time and being orderly. As much as the position was classified as a valet driver, care and love for taking care of guest(s) vehicles had a lot to do with this position.

-Management was very tolerable and offered plenty of inspiration in a day to day basis.

-Co-Workers were very fun and enjoyable for the fact that employee morale was very high. The job was fun, but the colleagues we all got to work with definitely played a heavy role in great work enthusiasm!

-The hardest part of the job for me had to of been the amount of running and staying consistent but it kept me on my feet and kept me busy for the entirety of my shifts.

-The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to drive new and fancy vehicles. Also, being in the heart of the city definitely made it enjoyable due to Excel Center being close by. Had the chance to meet plenty of famous people.
Pros
Driving, Tips, dealing with great guests!
Benefits