Crowne Plaza Hotel

Crowne Plaza Hotel Employee Reviews

Great working place
Night Auditor (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Healthcare and benefits
Cons: N/A
Great and fun place to work at. A lot of work that you have to complete in a timely manner. My crew during my shift became my second family. Not only do we all worked hard but we worked as a team. There will always be politics in every company you work at but you just have to know how to work around it.
great place to work,exceptional office space, wonderful guests
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee), Nashua, NHJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Discount room benefits, close to home
Cons: Split shifts
Serve and assist guests on the executive club level
Excellent customer service skills
Management is easy to work with
Co-workers very friendly
Getting up very early in the morning, working split shift
Getting to know the guests; their likes and dislikes.
Good place where to work but need improvement in some area
Loss prevention Oficer (Current Employee), 1700 Smith rd, Houston ,Tx 77079June 30, 2015
Pros: Management and co-worker
Cons: Homeless needs
Performed this job the right way with good managers and co-worker.Sometimes it becomes difficult when you have to deal with homeless who find any way to get in the building to find a shelter during winter or they want some water or want to go use the restroom.
This was one of my most favorite places to work.
Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee), East Point, GAJune 24, 2015
Pros: The discounts on hotel accommodations when traveling.
Cons: Some times no breaks.
I really enjoyed working at this property. My entire department worked as a team. My supervisor and manager was the best! The hardest part about this job was when a guest had a complaint concerning their reservations.
Sometimes productive and fun
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), New JerseyJune 15, 2015
Pros: Love my coworkers, Meeting people from all over the world.
Cons: Barely Any Breaks, Don't have any say on work schedule
Most days were slow even on holidays. We had about 120 rooms available however, even when hotel was full there was not much to do. The moment I walked in I would be able to complete all given duties in less than an hour so the other 7 hours of shift was spent standing there waiting for someone to come. I loved helping people so whenever given a chance I'd make sure I helped them to the best of my ability. Management was not the nicest besides my front desk manager however, what i did not like was that we could never come together to make a work schedule. I got in long with all most coworker, even the housekeeper. I loved them.
a serious place to work, no fun
Banquet server (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 8, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: 30 clock out after working four hours, even if you only work 2 days a week
A typical day at work would be working hard setting up and getting ready for an upcoming event either within hours or next day. The one thing that I learned while I worked there is that no matter how hard you work you will get no where, there were times when they make you believe that will give a chance as an employees first for upcoming openings; employees should be notified first before jobs are posted as soon as you, as an employee apply for the open position they give you the opportunity for an interview just to let you know you do not qualify or do not have the experience, I was told the company was not willing to loose money to train an employee without the qualifications. As for the co-workers they fight among each other over who has the most hours or even who gets pay more. The hardest part of the job was pleasing your boss, how can you please someone who is not ever satisfied. The most enjoyable part of the job was being there for the guests when they needed something, there are people out there that appreciates what you do for them and that makes your day worth while.
Typical Hotel Front Desk
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee), Nashua, NHJune 8, 2015
Erratic scheduling, at the time, management needed plenty of work of their own. Employees did the best they can to make the environment non-toxic.
Family Orientated work environment
Evening Manager (Current Employee), Nashua, NHJune 1, 2015
Pros: Family orientated work environment, lots of tenure with management
Wonderful group of peers, co-workers and fellow managers. I have had the pleasure of working with and managing some very talented and dedicated individuals. Making guests happy and seeing that they have enjoyed our amenities and encountered our wonderful associates is very rewarding.
Great working enviorment and a great facility.
Guest Services/Set ups (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJune 1, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: none
Clock in and immediately go to the office and open the daily worksheet book and see what has been done or hasn't been done. Then walk around the hotel checking the work and making sure nothing was missed or forgotten in the meeting rooms. Quick flips and room changes if necessary. When big groups and meetings are coming we would set the chairs up in their desired preference, Build stages and dance floors, as well as being responsible for great guest services and maintaining your own professional appearance.
I learned how to be a leader on a team with only 4 guys usually.
Underpaid & Unappreciated
Slave to the man (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 27, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: no breaks, hostile environment
Very unprofessional. In my two and a half years working there they had been through several managers in my dept. sometimes with no form of management at all. Very high stress job. Would have to work during busy conventions sometimes 8 plus hours with no break, could barely get a drink or use the restroom, with usually only 2-3 workers or less. Your opinion and well being will not matter, just as long as they are making their money. Run, don't walk from this place while you still have your sanity. I wish I would have before it was too late!
the crowne was an exciting environment to work at
night auditor (Former Employee), harrisburgMay 9, 2015
I enjoyed the crowne plaza environment. I meet several nice people , guest as well as co-workers. i gained alot of confidence during my time at the hotel.
Active Place
Interior Designer (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 30, 2015
I love the coworkers
Active environment
I love my job but looking for getting more experience
I'm part time employee and looking for more hours
good workplace
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 20, 2015
day goes very fast always something to do. very professional environment loved working there but I need to move on and find a career based on my hvac certification
i excelled at the crowne plaza hotel
Executive Chef (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 16, 2015
Pros: On busy days, if there was availability, we could stay at the hotel
Cons: lack of training.
In a typical day I would inventory product and place daily orders if necessary. I would inspect production, sanitation, organization, scheduling, interviewing, recipe development, organize caterings, go to meeting. When i was hired as the sous chef, there was no inventory taken, so the food cost was not accurate. With in 2 months i was promoted to executive chef, I brought the food cost from a 47% to a 27%. My next goal was to create a new menu. The original menu when i started was 90% processed food. The menu I create was large with a lot of variety, and 85% scratch cooking. The new menu gave my staff pride in what they were cooking. The hardest part of the job was finding a quality hard working sous chef. The most enjoyable part of the job was the returning guest.
Decent place to work
Prep cook, Line Cook (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 8, 2015
Pros: Lunch provided
Cons: Very slow, not organized
Hotel is decent. They do not communicate with employees. The management only cares about covering themselves. Owners will not provide much influence.
Great place to to work in
Banquet Server (Current Employee), Addison, TXApril 6, 2015
Pros: Free food
I've been working here for almost two years now. All the staff get along. Supervisors are very flexible when it comes to your work schedule. I personally love working here, the only reason I am leaving is because i was given the opportunity to work as a medical assistant and pursue my dream of one day becoming a Registered Nurse.
great place to work for
Banquets (Former Employee), Union City, CAMarch 25, 2015
fun job we would set up for parties and banquets, then break the room down again, also we would serve food to the event holders, coworkers were very helpful and friendly.
Great place to gain experience.
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee), White Plains, NYMarch 18, 2015
Nice company, but not faithful to employees. Very busy hotel. Lot of repeat customers. Just a lot of employee turnovers.
GM IS A HORRID PERSON
Sales (Former Employee), KnoxvilleMarch 12, 2015
Pros: fellow employees
Cons: gm is terrible
The GM runs hotel like a budget motel- cutting costs WHEREVER he can- from 4 hour shifts so people don't go over 30 hours as well as other little cheap-y things that a FULL service hotel should not skimp on (adding hot water to coffee when you're running low). All department managers are wonderful people- well the GM's wife is the sales manager, but she's at least tolerable for the most part. If you can- avoid this place like the plague. You make no money, but make some pretty good friends, mostly because everyone conspires against the most wretched man in Knoxville and forms bonds of commiseration over.
Independ job
Executive Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Romulus, MIMarch 10, 2015
Pros: free lunch, different people everyday
Cons: sometime over worked
Always something to handled, process and meet lots of new people. Free lunch, discount on guest rooms at company hotels.

1 2 3 4 5