Crowne Plaza Hotel Employee Reviews in United States

a dying property
Director of Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 17, 2016
in a last ditch, final, and desperate attempt to remain open, the property dismissed all individual salaries. They rolled 5 positions into one position. Appointing the very person responsible for their beginning pitfalls 5 years ago. The sales department is filled with unhappy women who find pleasure in the misery of others. The most enjoyable part of the job was filling out unemployment paperwork.
It gives me great pleasure to clean for guests
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 17, 2016
stripping and making beds, dumping the trash, ensure the room is ready for the next guest. I've learned to treat people with respect, also how to keep the guest happy so they will come back.I had a great boss she was very stern but fair. I got along with everyone on my team.The hardest part of the job was biting my tongue when I knew I was right about an issue, but the guest is always right.The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smiles on the guest faces after I've cleaned their room.
Too Many Sale Managers
Sales Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 10, 2016
Hotel holds over 300 rooms, with groups coming in every other day for functions, weddings, and misc.
...............................................
Cons
Too many sale managers
good place to work
good co workers
good cafeteria
Great place
Assistant Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 4, 2016
I enjoy my job here. My job entails several interesting task such as:
Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Completes accident reports promptly in the event that a guest or employee is injured.
Ensure that proper security procedures are in place to protect employees,
guests and company assets.
™ Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and
accidents. Completes accident reports promptly in the event that a guest or
employee is injured.
™ Manage shifts which include: daily decision making, scheduling, planning while
upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
™ Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service.
hospitality
Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 4, 2016
Busy but upbeat environment. Friendly staff and management. High expectations of employee performance. Team oriented production. Willingness to go above and beyond for guests.
Great place management sucks
Overnight Auditor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CO 80017August 4, 2016
This is an awesome hotel but the management is not quite were they need to be, there are some great employees working there they are just not being used in a position to excel.
Always an adventure
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 1, 2016
Everyday brings something new. You learn a lot of patience and perseverance.

Furthermore, you definitely meet interesting people from the employees to the outside guests.

Teamwork is key to success.
Beautiful people
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 1, 2016
Great place to work with a lot of dedicated colleagues and supervisors. Everyone works for the greater good of the company and look out for each other. Great benefits as well
Front Desk
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 27, 2016
This position was a 40 hr work week, working with the community, I learned to move quicker and I picked up a lot of skills such as communication skills, time management, and public speaking
Reservations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 14, 2016
Its been a while since i have worked here, i liked it but left because the pay wasnt too great. Overall its alright. I dont think i would ever go back though
Housekeeper/Kitchen Help
Housekeeping Laundry Help (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 14, 2016
My morning job would consist of cleaning empty rooms and rooms that were occupied , I would also clean hallways and bathrooms.My afternoon job consist of food preparation for the residents lunch and soon dinner. I would slice desserts, cut meats and fill glasses, along with setting the tables. Cleaning the tables and washing dishes was all apart of preparing for tomorrows food preparation.
Pros
I loved my job and love how the residents were happy with the out come.
Cons
I would had worked in the kitchen more instead of the bathrooms.
Great Properties to learn
Front Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 13, 2016
I have now worked at 2 Crowne Plaza locations and have been given good opportunities to learn from skilled individuals in the hospitality industry.
A place in transition
Banquet Server, Set-up, & Bartender (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 12, 2016
I did like working in here the sense that some of the employees were really great to work with, others not so much at all. Management is "nice", but does not adhere to their own rules. Scheduling was often funky. But over all plenty of free food, lots of variety as far as clientele, tips were plenty, many company discounts such as hotel stays at other hotels and also car rental discounts
Pros
Free meals, great discounts at hotels across the US, plenty of time off, tips
Cons
plenty of time off, new managers often, management does not adhere to company rules
Excellent place to be if you are in the hospitality industry.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJuly 7, 2016
Excellent place to be if you are in the hospitality industry. Advancement was always a plus at the hotel. Highly recommend.
A fast, fun paced environment; Never a dull moment.
Front Desk Guest Service Agent A/R Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 6, 2016
A typical day at work consists of sticking to a routine of multi-tasking, phone answering / calling, note taking, file making, money making / collecting deals. I have learned to find out what my employers and clients need then make sure their need gets fulfilled A.S.A. P.. The hardest part of the job is working with an out dated system soon to be replaced. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning a great deal of wisdom from my boss.
Pros
Great health insurance, employee rates, paid holidays.
Cons
I don't have any.
Great Staff, Terrible Management
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 4, 2016
This place drags you down with staff that cannot train properly, then publicly humiliates you for your mistakes through group email or meetings. And you have to be willing to check your email 20 times a day. I just stopped, because no one cares. You have to be prepared to catch mistakes others make (unless it's the bosses favorite, then it gets swept away). Boss stopped listening to me after I pointed out mistakes him and his pet made.
If you want a paycheck regardless of how much you screw up, this is the place. Always so short staffed nothing happens. If you want pride in your work, go somewhere else.
Co-workers are good, management too busy kissing up to owners and uses lower staff as scape-goats.
Pros
extremely difficult to be fired due to short staffing, bar on site
Cons
low pay, bad management, unsafe area to work, management has favorites, unstable work hours
Great Location on the Beach
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 1, 2016
Great Place to work - guests are nice - lots of family due to the location on the beach. The Crowne Plaza has the largest Beach deck. Great Entertainment Wednesday through Sunday.
Pros
Employees Free Lunch and Dinner
I love what i do
Head Server/Bartender / Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 28, 2016
working for a franchise is different. they make up their own rules, but I love what i do. so everyday is friday
Back-Stabbing Workplace
Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 17, 2016
There are wonderful people that work there that make the working environment bearable. However, management is so caught up with their own personal egos that they are not willing to work along with each other to get the job done.
Pros
great people
Cons
no breaks, unnecessary drama in the workplace

Crowne Plaza Hotel Reviews by Location