Crowne Plaza

Crowne Plaza Employee Reviews

Well
Assistant Front Office Manager (Current Employee), Dayton, OHMay 17, 2015
Pros: Free lunch and dinner
Cons: Management is in disarray
I started at the Crowne and loved everything about it. After 2 short months I was promoted several times and found myself unable to have a personal life. I understand working in management can do this to you but this was ridiculous. 70+ hours a week is insane. I never received benefits. No PTO. No sick leave. The pay was extremely low considering the hours I was working. I would love to find a hotel that appreciates my hard-work and is willing to let me see my family. This is not a place to work if you have a family!
great place to work
F&B Manager (Former Employee), Somerset, NJMay 8, 2015
Pros: Great Perks
Cons: Nothing
Place was nice and the staff was very friendly,
Day to dat duties includes,reservations ,scheduling ,training of co-workers.
good place to work, job security all the time
Chef (Former Employee), Lake Placid, NYApril 26, 2015
Pros: free lunch, health care good pay
Cons: the month of april
good place to work, job security all the time with all the banquets and venues they have to offer, the only reason i left was there was no advancement and i had a chance to become a kitchen manager then it turned into a ex chef and i was happy
IHG - great company to work with
Director of Catering (Former Employee), Saddle Brook, NJMarch 20, 2015
Excellent support on Sales & Catering level; good benefits; job advancement; days at work very enjoyable; co-workers very supportive; excellent teamwork; GM very knowledgeable and fair and giving - nurturing.
Quick paced, friendly work environment.
Line Cook (Former Employee), Feasterville-Trevose, PAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: head chef was a very polite individual
The day would start by checking in with the chef to see which items on the line would need to be refilled or replaced. Then proceed to fill/replace items on the line. In the mean time if tickets would appear in the window then the orders would be carried out with the highest priority. The management structure consisted of a head chef, a sous chef, and a senior line cook. Those would be the people to report to.
Productive and fun workplace
PBX Operator/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Redondo Beach, CAMarch 19, 2015
Great team, fun and wonderful staff. Exciting Career and excellent opportunities for growth! I highly recommend fo anyone in the job market!
Hotel in renovation
Director of Sales (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAMarch 17, 2015
I was hired to help chance the image of this property and get it ready for the Crowne Plaza name. I was interviewed by IHG as a Director of Sales for a new franchise owner IHG must approve this position. It was a very exciting time to work with this group to convert this hotel to a Crowne Plaza and its brand standards.
Relaxed job with good hours
Pool Attendant (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJMarch 8, 2015
A day at work consisted of greeting guests and providing them with towels. I would also take orders for room service at the pool. The hardest part of the job was cleaning the pool and keeping the chlorine levels right. The most enjoyable part was being able to read during down time.
a fun and face paced work place
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMarch 1, 2015
there was alot to learn within this company, the gm was happy to help with what any of the staff needed. a typical day would have been answering phone calls, emails, meeting with customers, and taking on other tasks.
a fun fast place to volunteer at
Attendant (Former Employee), Ventura, CAFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: free lunches
I did a high school summer program here at the crowne plaze in 2008. it was a great experience. I did housekeeping, catering, in the restaurant, dishwashing.
i learned that working in a hotel is a very busy place to work in.
the management was great.
we were part of a group, so we got to know everyone for our co-workers.
the hardest part was trying to do everything, because its so busy.
the enjoyable part we can relax when its our break,
Positive and helpful work environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Billings, MTFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: free employee meals, room for advancement, positive and willing staff and management.
Cons: benefit package dependant on hours worked, large number of employees.
A typical day at work was fast pace. I learned the value of team work and positivity in the work place. I learned the value of customer satisfaction and the benefit of return customers. Management was involved and available. Co-workers were positive and helpful. The hardest part of the job was learning the complicated computer system. The hardest part of the job was learning and implementing the complicated computer system. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with all walks of life while being involved and observing constant professionalism.
Great hotel and awesome experience
CHIEF ENGINEER (Current Employee), Southbury, CTFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: communication and great guest service and new things learning
Cons: management changed.
It has always been a great experience with this hotel and would have to appreciate what this hotel gave a great life and success.
Awful
Former Employee (Former Employee), OklahomaFebruary 17, 2015
Cons: everything
Just don't even consider this place. Find a better hotel. The management is the worst I ever worked for and is very shandy. The hotel staff steals and are evey rude to customers. You get terrible hours.
Great Staff
Helped cook prep food for cooking (Current Employee), Plymouth MNFebruary 9, 2015
i always have a good day because my co-workers are great people. i dont really have bad days.the most i enjoy about my job is the people i work.
Very underappreciated !!
Chef / Kitchen Manager / FOH Manager (Former Employee), Clayton, MOJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: lack of cohesive vision
The managment is very bottom line oriented.It was a challenge to create an organized and proper culinary enviornment.
cleaning hotel rooms
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 20, 2015
Cleaning of hotel rooms and laundry. This was a fun job. Management was great!
Wonderful hotel
Senior Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee), Princeton, NJJanuary 6, 2015
Enjoy the hotel very much had good time with them. Was busy with day to day task and help my team grow
wonderful team
Assistant Director of Housekeeping (Former Employee), Greenville SCJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: open door policy, free lunches
Cons: low pay, sometimes worked 70-80 hours but really didn't mind
Wonderful overall experience, room for advancement, great team and management, allowed me the chance to attend classes for paid for by company
Great Job Oportunity
Bartender and Banquet Bartender (Former Employee), Concord, CAJanuary 4, 2015
Was a great work experience. Learned new procedures and techniques. Certified on TIPS and Serve Safe and training for new staff. Working with a hotel environment was a new experience which taught me a lot about guest satisfaction on a customer level.
Third party owner
Executive Chef-I (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 20, 2014
Kitchen not layout to be successful. Old building with a superficial makeover, prone to broken items all the time.

1 2 3 4 5

About Crowne Plaza

Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts is part of the InterContinental Hotels Group family of brands with global headquarters – Read more

Crowne Plaza Photos