Crozer-Chester Medical Center Employee Reviews

current employee......great experience
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Chester, PAFebruary 21, 2016
It's a great place to work as long as you do your job and don't worry about what the next person is doing or how much they make, I had surgery there and the doctors and the nursing staff treated me great.......I would recommend anyone here.
Pros
great team of people to work with
Cons
the weekend food in the cafeteria sucks, they need to open the grille back up.
good work place
sterile processing technician (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAJanuary 1, 2016
I loved working in the sterile processing department! Gray bunch people to work with! Just an awesome!e experience there!
learning enviroment
Process Improvement Trauma Coordinator (Former Employee) –  upland paSeptember 10, 2015
Crozer Chester Medical Center has excellent benefits and a family atmosphere. They are very supportive to nursing and growth in your career.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Horrible place to work!!!!!!!!
Director (Current Employee) –  UPLAND PAJuly 15, 2014
Micro managed and "every man for themselves" environment- do not work here you will hate it!!!!
Pros
NONE!!!!!
Cons
HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK!!!!
Progressive hospital
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Upland, PAApril 12, 2014
My typical day at work consists of an interdisciplinary team meeting with doctors nurses and utilization review personnel. This daily meting discuss the progress of each patient and the tentative discharge plan
I then hold 3-4 family meetings a day with the patient and their families to obtain background family history and the patient's own history.
I contact collaborative agencies such as schools, juvenile probation, Children and Youth Services and outpatient mental health providers.
When required, I write court summaries, submit them to Mental Court and testify if needed.
Pros
Excellent benefit package
Cons
New management is making necessary changes-long overdue.
Great patients. Lots of drama and major nepotism going on.
Med Reception (Former Employee) –  CCMC-BRINTON lake-Ridley-Middletown & SprngfldApril 8, 2014
Set you up for failure. Witnessed many unethical practices in the offices in which I worked. Co-workers Ok but it's. Everyman for himself. Doctors were awesome but they are not the boss. The boss is a suit that walks around, completely unaware of what's going on with the personnel. If you get a job there the medical benefits are awesome, mind your business, don't make friends . If you see something, look the other way. Document everything and watch your back. A smile on your face, You should be ok if you do these things unless the Practice manager has a friend or relative that needs a job.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
Drama, deception, termination based on 1 or 2 employees.
A very productive place to work
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Upland, PAJanuary 1, 2014
A typical day for myself at Crozer-Chester Medical Center would be seeing anywhere from 40-60 patients a day, ordering test, verifying insurance information and copays as well as receiving written consent for treatment. One of the most enjoyable parts of my job is working with my co-workers and meeting new and different people. The hardest part of my job overall is dealing with the public. Working with the public has advantages and disadvantages but I am a people person so I enjoy it very much!
Pros
Pleasant workers
Cons
Short breaks
Worst place to work in America
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  UplandDecember 31, 2013
Horrible work atmosphere. Constantly micromanaged because everyone fears the axe will be on the head next. They hire to fire and job security is awful. For anyone who accepts the position, come back on here and say you weren't warned. I would rather be unemployed not collecting benefits then work there. The only good thing leaving there was the liberation I felt on the way out
Benefits
Cons
Too long to list

Comment – January 5, 2014

We'll put. Hope they didn't screw you over as they did many and most former employees.

Great work place and wonderful people!
Instrument Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Chester, PASeptember 5, 2013
Love my job and co workers! can't ask for a better place to work!
Moderns and Advanced
Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Upland, PAJuly 3, 2013
A modern and advanced hospital, ideal for up and coming professionals seeking to embellish their career experiences or long term employment.
Pros
Modern, High Tech, Excellent Care
Cons
Lay offs
Never a Dull Moment
Pediatric Residency Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Upland, PAJanuary 13, 2013
It's busy all day long which makes the day go by faster. Sometimes there is a lull but not often.
Don't Care
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Upland, PADecember 4, 2012
CCMC cares nothing about you... You are nothing more than an employee. The quicker you resign, the better so they can replace you with someone willing to make minimum wage.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
everything else, management
Company with excellent benefits, medical, vacation, personal, sick
Office Coordinator, Nutrition Services (Former Employee) –  Upland, PAOctober 10, 2012
Well written Policy and Procedure Manuals
Various changes in upper management, personnel and rules
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
job security
Fun and fast paste
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Upland, PASeptember 30, 2012
My typical day at work is steady and hard but I enjoy meeting with great patients. I have learned quest processing . I have worked with many great girls. Management was fair and understanding when my husband had his stroke.
Pros
good health care
Cons
as an employee you have to pay for parking when working
Under valued staff; unstable administrators; poor patient care
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  UplandMarch 25, 2012
When I worked as a nurse mananger at Crozer in Upland I had a wonderful supervisor and my units (I managed two) were the only units that passed the Joint Commission evaluation on the first pass. My units also passed the initial Dept. of Health evaluation. The rest of the hospital units and facility itself had many markers/deficiencies. Even though my units passed, administration eliminated not only my job, but also my supervisor's job and, actually, all the other 11 nurse manangers were laid off in a "clean sweep" due to budgetary reasons. We were called into Administation one by one and over a week the mananger's were all laid off without notice. I would never take another chance working for Crozer due to these reasons and due to the instability of the administration.

Just four (4) days after I was laid off I was a patient at Crozer and the treatment was horrible. The doctor was wonderful but the nursing staff and other healthcare staff members were negligent in the care of the patients on the unit where I was a patient. The care was inferior and neglectful and the nursing staff were disinterested in the care of patients. The reason that I didn't receive good care post stomach surgery per the charge nurse, "Your room is the last one on the unit, far from the nurse's station". Difficult to accept that reason.

I wouldn't allow anyone in my family or any of my friends to EVER be admitted to Crozer and would discourage anyone from working there for any reason.
Pros
good staff nurses, excellent doctors.
Cons
instability of hospital system, inferior patient care .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crozer-Chester Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2