CRSI Employee Reviews in United States

LPN (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHJanuary 26, 2016
I enjoy working for this company. The co-workers and management are easy to get along with. The pay is great. I would recommend this job.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
Management sucks, rules change all the time, work is always interrupting home life. There is no raises.
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Marys, OHJune 22, 2016
Company overall is no good. Treat employees like animals. But the consumers are always great. Rules always change. Management talks down to employees. Pay is the same No matter how long you have worked there.
Pros
Easy work.
Cons
Low pay, no incintatives, no raises
Good Company helping those who cant help themselves
HOME SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  London, OHJanuary 26, 2016
I really enjoyed my time working for CRSI. There is a fulfillment one gets from helping those individuals who through no fault of there own cannot help themselves.
Pros
incredible indiviuals, fulfillment
Cons
little pay
A place where you give unto others!
Home Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus OhioMarch 5, 2014
This is a career where you give back to others which is always rewarding! my day can start by waking up all consumers prompting them for work. passing medication, fixing breakfast, and packing lunches.I also train other staff during the day attend meetings, and take all consumers to their appointments.II create recreation calenders, and I give direct care by guiding them to success through independent living.
Pros
helping and interaction
Cons
long hours 18-24 hour shifts
Potential to be a great place, but poorly run.
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Urbana, OHOctober 3, 2013
The best part about this job would be the Support Staff and the Consumers. The ground level crew is AMAZING. As you get higher up the ladder though, things take a turn and the management is quite poor. Compensation is barely minimum wage & bonuses are not guaranteed. This company is stated to be a 'not for profit' but ran like the ultimate big business corporation.
Must have a heart to serve
Home Manager (Current Employee) –  Urbana, OhioJuly 30, 2015
Managers are required to work open shifts that can not be filled by support specialist and have just recently began receiving time and a half pay, but the service to the customers is priceless and all the reason to work at CRSI. with all companies transition can be difficult , but improvements are being made.
Interesting job
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, OHJuly 28, 2015
Keep your eyes wide open. Be very alert at all times. Spend time to get to know the clients. Don't turn your back to anyone no matter what.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Not enough money
Not a job I would recommend.
Support Specialist then Management (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJune 4, 2013
I will not lie, I LOVED this job with a PASSION. The consumers are beyond AMAZING. It's the Co-workers, management and HR that makes this job horrible. I started this job when I was 18 and could see myself working there long term until about a year in and the DRAMA began. This job has so much drama its unreal. If your co-workers do not like you they will do anything to get you terminated. I thought I had friends and a support system when all along it was nothing but back stabbers.
I would not recommend making friends there. If they ask you to take a management position its either because they are trying to find a reason to fire you or they want you to do their work. I took a management job about two years into working at CRAI and it did not take long for them to find reasons to write me up and eventually firing me for NO REASON.
Once you get fired from this job they will do anything in their power to make sure its hard for you to find another one. Especially if they LIE and say you were doing something you was not doing (like stealing) that's when they turn everyone against you and try their hardest to get you FIRED. Not only firing you but try to put you on a registry where it would be hard for you to find another job in that field. I absolutely love working with the developmentally disabled and REGRET ever taking a management position.
Pros
consumers
Cons
co-workers, management and hr
Stressful
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Urbana, OHNovember 4, 2013
A typical day at work consist of assisting consumers with activities of daily living. Fixing 3 meals a day, transporting to activities outside of the group home. What I learned is that working with senior, Adults with Alzheimer's and adults with disabilities is all different and takes special skills with each group. The hardest part of the job was trying to relate to the adult consumers. They sometimes got very upset and combative and would not accept any calming measures.
Pros
location, available shift variation
Cons
lack of full time openings. low pay, no benefits
my normal day at the home
Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Troy, OHMay 24, 2015
on any givien day i would go in get them up get ready for workshop. then give them breakfast ,meds take them to workshop. in evening give them a shower feed them dinner meds help them with any needs they have
Pros
beging with them listening to them
Cons
there really isnt any
Sales, managing and scheduling and working with clients is great
North West Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 27, 2013
answer e-mails
contact clients
set up work schedules
coordinate workers
12-14 hours a day
complete projects on time and safely
Pros
very gratifying to land contracts
Cons
long hours no insurance no respect
not the best
support specialist 1 (Former Employee) –  Urbana, OHJanuary 14, 2014
a lot of responsibility for very little pay, although it is a rewarding and humbling experience I could not depend on the hours or pay to afford my lifestyle
Pros
humbling, friendships
Cons
low pay, no benefits, minimal hours
Professional staff and atmosphere
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHMarch 7, 2013
My day could start with a visit to a group home, an orientation, interviewing potential employees, a manager's meeting, or instructing a CPR class.

I learned that there are people out there that will take advantage of disabled people.

I managed 25 group home managers and their group homes. I worked closely with the HR Director and the Program Administrator.

The hardest part of the job was when a client would be neglected or abused by staff. It affected not only the client, but all clients in the home.

The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the clients.
Pros
freedom to make my own work schedule.
Cons
i can't think of anything.
Would not recommend
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHApril 18, 2013
Give out bonuses but they are not much. Very shady company. Liked my coworkers but very poor management. Even HR is not very reliable. Management provided hostile work environment.
Pros
nice consumers
Cons
poor management
Great People
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kenton, OhioNovember 4, 2014
I go in and I take care of DD men. I have a co-worker and we basically try to keep a normal routine for the men. I have learned how to handle stressful situations and I'm learning managing skills. My current co-worker is new and I am teaching him the ropes and training him correctly. There are days where the men just refuse everything and they disagree with everything and they have a behavior. It's rewarding being able to help them live normal lives.
productive fun active work place
Direct Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHFebruary 3, 2014
loved the people i worked with loved the people who i was paid to take care of and the management was pretty good
Pros
the people the hours i was given
Cons
not very many
Not worth it
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Bellefontaine, OHJune 25, 2014
Clients and coworkers are great however management lost sight of the reason caregivers come to work for these places
My day
Program Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHNovember 24, 2014
I get alone with everyone I loved going to work, I go to work with a smile on my face and get my job down. I learn to always put my work first keep a smile on your face and you'll get through the day.
Mgt. (foreman) are no good, try to boss and dont know what they are doing and never offer a helping hand
Shop Foreman (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 15, 2013
Refer to summary/ Very helpful admin., upper mgt. will try to do anything to help you with what you need (ex. hours) and willing to listen to concerns.
Pros
upper mgt. (super, owner) always trying to help you out
Cons
foremen
I love working with the consumers directly and knowing I am helping them.
Supervisor - Miranda Borton (Current Employee) –  Urbana, OHOctober 24, 2013
It is a very physically taxing job so I am looking for something a little less demanding.
Pros
i love the consumers.
Cons
low pay, lack of respect

2.8