CRSI Employee Reviews

worst place ever to work
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHMay 23, 2017
this job moved its employment out of the county. there for evryone who was employed lost there livelyhood without warning!!!!!!!! i have never worked in a place so volitile before.
Pros
Cons
treated the employees like dogs
Worst job ive had
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHFebruary 27, 2017
Management was awful, playing favorites, putting you in unrealistic situations, not enough training. Some of the consumers that were there should not have been. They were out of control and staff could not do anything about it. I liked some of my coworkers, but some were very unreliable. One of the most mentally taxing jobs I've ever had. Seriously dreaded going to work every day. Not worth the money.
supportive care for those with disabilities
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Urbana, OHFebruary 13, 2017
Assisting with the day to day function for those with disabilities. Support them with decision making, transportation to necessary appointments,
Pros
Working closely with those that need so much
Cons
very long hours
Its a good place to work
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHJanuary 12, 2017
I love my job but mainly my consumers it's alit of hard work that needs to be put into this type of job u have to have the time of day to help out the disable
Going downhill fast
Gopher (Former Employee) –  OHNovember 8, 2016
At first, I loved working for CRSI. It was a great environment. Once you're comfortable, it goes downhill fast. The CEO is great but the rest of upper management only looked out for themselves. The place is a revolving door with a very high turnover rate. Pay isn't great at all and the chances of you getting a raise are slim to none. They're supposed to be a "not for profit" but they seem to run it like a big business and they're very frivolous with funds when it comes to management and board members. You will NEVER really advance with this company.
Pros
Consumers and DSP's are great
Cons
Management sucks, pay sucks
Productive and fast paced environment
Support Specialist 1 (Current Employee) –  Urbana, OHNovember 1, 2016
Provide quality care to consumers needs MR/DD
Cook
Clean
Sanitize
Laundry
Provide care and love
Pass medications
CPR and First Aid trained
Pland and transport to activities
Accompany consumers to doctor appointments
Serve and prepare meals
Pros
Free meals on outings with consumers
flexible schedule
direct care (Current Employee) –  Urbana, OHSeptember 26, 2016
I love working with the consumers but management ruins it. Upper management likes to play blame games and will put it on the little person. Certain management will set out to destroy people. Pay is very low, no staff because of pay.
Pros
flexible schedule, the consumers are great
Ok place
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tiffin, OHSeptember 22, 2016
Clients that were in the home shouldn't have been, needed more care that we could provide. Management was stretched too thin. All employees were over worked, due to the lack of staff.
Management sucks, rules change all the time, work is always interrupting home life. There is no raises.
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Marys, OHJune 22, 2016
Company overall is no good. Treat employees like animals. But the consumers are always great. Rules always change. Management talks down to employees. Pay is the same No matter how long you have worked there.
Pros
Easy work.
Cons
Low pay, no incintatives, no raises
Support Specialist
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJanuary 28, 2016
Assisted clients with daily tasks, safely transported clients to appointments. Flexibility with hours and scheduled, worked with great people.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHJanuary 26, 2016
I enjoy working for this company. The co-workers and management are easy to get along with. The pay is great. I would recommend this job.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
Good Company helping those who cant help themselves
HOME SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  London, OHJanuary 26, 2016
I really enjoyed my time working for CRSI. There is a fulfillment one gets from helping those individuals who through no fault of there own cannot help themselves.
Pros
incredible indiviuals, fulfillment
Cons
little pay
Must have a heart to serve
Home Manager (Current Employee) –  Urbana, OhioJuly 30, 2015
Managers are required to work open shifts that can not be filled by support specialist and have just recently began receiving time and a half pay, but the service to the customers is priceless and all the reason to work at CRSI. with all companies transition can be difficult , but improvements are being made.
Interesting job
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, OHJuly 28, 2015
Keep your eyes wide open. Be very alert at all times. Spend time to get to know the clients. Don't turn your back to anyone no matter what.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Not enough money
my normal day at the home
Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Troy, OHMay 24, 2015
on any givien day i would go in get them up get ready for workshop. then give them breakfast ,meds take them to workshop. in evening give them a shower feed them dinner meds help them with any needs they have
Pros
beging with them listening to them
Cons
there really isnt any
My day
Program Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHNovember 24, 2014
I get alone with everyone I loved going to work, I go to work with a smile on my face and get my job down. I learn to always put my work first keep a smile on your face and you'll get through the day.
Great People
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kenton, OhioNovember 4, 2014
I go in and I take care of DD men. I have a co-worker and we basically try to keep a normal routine for the men. I have learned how to handle stressful situations and I'm learning managing skills. My current co-worker is new and I am teaching him the ropes and training him correctly. There are days where the men just refuse everything and they disagree with everything and they have a behavior. It's rewarding being able to help them live normal lives.
Not worth it
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Bellefontaine, OHJune 25, 2014
Clients and coworkers are great however management lost sight of the reason caregivers come to work for these places
A place where you give unto others!
Home Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus OhioMarch 5, 2014
This is a career where you give back to others which is always rewarding! my day can start by waking up all consumers prompting them for work. passing medication, fixing breakfast, and packing lunches.I also train other staff during the day attend meetings, and take all consumers to their appointments.II create recreation calenders, and I give direct care by guiding them to success through independent living.
Pros
helping and interaction
Cons
long hours 18-24 hour shifts
productive fun active work place
Direct Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHFebruary 3, 2014
loved the people i worked with loved the people who i was paid to take care of and the management was pretty good
Pros
the people the hours i was given
Cons
not very many

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CRSI. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9