CRST Expedited Employee Reviews

My ops and fleet management where the best, great working relationship
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 19, 2017
If you get a chance to work for Cat dedicated do it. Best over the road
job I ever had. Unfortunately don't get sick out side of work. I was operated on and had to take time off. My ops and fleet mgmt. where considerate to the point of wishing me well and calling on several occasions for a recovery status. However Medical was far from receptive and not only refused my phone calls but after receiving a second fax from myself, that's when I received notification I would not be hired back. so DOT medical has no desire to work with you regardless of your previous dedication or praise from direct management. good luck.
Pros
Couldnt ask for better route or ops and fleet management
Cons
You can be put at the mercy of non caring individuals
Good
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 7, 2017
C.R.S.T is beginning of my career as truck driver. They were good to me of course, every job has its ups and downs and we managed through it. They are satisfied with my job performance as I am with theirs. I have a ticket to return I'm positive of and they have a ticket of approval to be my Employer. So everyone's Happy! It was time for me to explore the Trucking Market for Higher pay and at 52 more time with Family and Grandkids. So more local or regional benefits.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Co-drivers
Terrible home time and slave wages for pay
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 8, 2017
I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone. You are a number to them, not a person. Very slow responses to anything you need. They promise raises that they dont deliver.
Pros
Pay for your school if you sign a 8 month contract for them
Cons
Pay is terrible, poor communication, very little home time
Not a good company to work for
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 4, 2016
Promotes a negative work environment. No job security. If management takes a dislike to you, management will find a way to force you to quit or they will dismiss you. Pay is poor. No thanks for a good job done. They focus on little mistakes that are done even if they are easily corrected.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Negative work environment
Customers did not come first
Account Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 5, 2017
*Responsible for a specific customer accounts and all related functions to those accounts
*Quoted pricing for specific orders and special requests
*Ensured flawless adherence to customer critical success factors
Scheduled shipments, provided accurate pricing and tracked all orders
*Placed high daily volume of outbound phone calls and emails to advise customers of status and obtain information to complete moves effectively and efficiently
Pros
Cons
Lack of training. Management would say to build customer relationships, but didn't really mean it.
ok job
OTR Team Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 19, 2017
not bad for a starter company have the chance to be home weekly on dedicated accounts but pay was below with no raises so had to find a better gig all in all ok for starters
Pros
home weekly
Cons
pay
Elite Fleet
Elite Fleet Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 21, 2016
This company and management is a joke. They try and screw you out of miles, money, and additional compensation that you rightfully worked hard for as a driver. My advice to you is be cautious working for them and if you do be on top of every single last penny you work for. But yet even when you question it or bring up concerns you won't get any legitimate answers if any at all.
Pros
Employed
Cons
Working for free
What I learned
Over the Road, Trainer (Former Employee) –  IowaOctober 12, 2016
I was able to start training other drivers 11 months into my career with CRST. I enjoyed it, as I learned how to deal with people on a close basis. I also learned that I could become an instructor one day.
Pros
good home time, good management
Cons
low start out pay
you work for free
what do you think (Former Employee) –  KansasJune 2, 2016
Those five star rating are probably from upper management trying to recruit more victims. Sure they will pay for your rental and you share a room with strangers during training. Once you get released make sure you have money to support yourself the first month. This company takes all your check. You will find that out when you see all the deductions and $0 for you. On top of that when your truck breaks down oh they will fix it but guess what you can walk yourself to the nearest hotel and pay for it yourself. Without expecting to get reimbursed. Last but not least you don't get to see your family all that time let alone send them money. Just a bad choice.
Pros
one day rental
Cons
no pay check let alone benefits.
fun terminals
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 13, 2016
movie nights,free showers,always on the go with every load.i learned to to communicate with others and dispatchers.manage my time on QUALCOMM.the hardest part was to stay away from home a long period of time.the fun part you get to go in an round,and down big mountains.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
pay raise every three months, free
Great place to start
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 16, 2016
I have been reviewing some of what I have seen on here. Let me start by saying. CRST is a team out fit. If you plan on soloing or do not work well with others this company probably will not work for you. However, if you can get along with people, and make the best of things for at least 10 months. Or even the best start off with an established team it can be worth it. I started this adventure 10 months ago with my husband. We really enjoy driving. We also have a great driver manager. That helps alot. Our contract will be up in October and we are seriously thinking about doing lease purchase with the company then.
Pros
Great benifits, lots of miles if you are willing to work them
Cons
Not alot if home time.
Fast Pace and a learning experience
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 2, 2016
I learned a lot more about driving in different weather condition, along with different states. The hardest part of the job was always getting through traffic in different states ( for ex: Los Angeles, CA) to deliver a load on time. The most fun I had on the job was seeing the beautiful and natural landscaping from coast to coast. Also, the different cultures in each state.
Pros
Teaching students from my experience on the road
Cons
4 days of hometime
It is what you make of it.
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IA 52404December 27, 2016
The company is built to abuse newcomers. However once you make it through a lengthy contract and low wages for the job it starts to pick up and will keep you busy. The company is willing to work with you within reason. It takes a year or more to get acquainted with the ins and outs of both the job and the company to become a relatively flexible position. Even with all that expect to be moving for at least a week to a month and be sure not to stop on weekends, nights or holidays, you will be sitting away from home, not getting paid. They say you'll make 50k a year, expect to make 15-20k the first year.
Pros
Can get easy experience with minimal expense
Cons
Low wage to start, downtime, away from home
Not a bad place to get started, as long...
Driver (Former Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 19, 2017
I stayed with CRST for 4 years, in which time I cannot say I was ever treated badly. But my co driver(s) and I worked our tails off. I stayed with 1 core codriver up to my last 2 weeks with the company. For the last two years we had a dedicated loop we ran that offered us consistent hometime and pay.

Best advice I can give to any new driver considering CRST as a training company; go in with an open mind, a willingness to work, if you find that your codriver is not who you need, work it out with your dispatch to find another and keep doing that until you can find someone who as closely as possible matches someone you can stand spending more time with than your own family. Remember, it's nothing personal, it's business.

Oh, plan on eating a lot of ramen your first year. the pay sucks, but that's true for any training company.
Shady company but great benefits
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 12, 2016
I wasn't too satisfied with the amount of confusion between dispatch and management. Other than that issue the only problems were some minor clerical errors that are expected with human employees. great schooling and great mentor program.
Opportunity to make as much money as possible.
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 7, 2016
A typical day in trucking is finding available loads to put on your truck. And delivering safely and asap. Things your learn on a daily basis is making sure you secure that load the best way possible. That is by watching others and asking questions. Management with that company was not very helpful. So you had to be a person who could research info provided and work well alone because on the road it was just you and your truck. The hardest part of that job was securing in the outside elements. The best part of that job was the scenery and having the ability to decide where and when I would like to go.
Pros
Different places daily.
Cons
Bad weather
Long haul
OTR TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 11, 2017
CRST is a worthless company to work for. The pay is ridiculous and the management is non-existent to the employees. The company, along with the president of the company, had lied to me from the start .
Was not getting paid for the miles my student would drive
Lead Driver/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 18, 2016
This company did not pay me for the miles my student drove, they would only pay me for the miles I clocked and drove. There was not enough incentive for training a new driver. The company is all teams, or training, I was told I would get a solo position and then while at orientation they let me know it was not going to be solo. The equipment is not maintained properly or is too old. I was bring my truck in almost once a week for much needed service or part replacement. I would let them know about the issue and they would push it off until it was to late and we were broke down on the side of the road.
Pros
Lots of miles if you do teams
Cons
Epuiptment breaks down regularly
Dispatch
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 7, 2017
I think the only reason why I stayed with a learning company for almost two years is because of the dispatchers I had in that time frame. They were usually upbeat. They would tell me everything no mater how small; only if the information had something to do with the run I was currently on. With my team working hard everyday and being on time 98% of the time we stood out from the rest and managed to get three to four dedicated runs in the time I worked with CRST.
Pros
Constant Work
Cons
Very Little Home Time
Average workplace
Team Driver (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 22, 2016
Bad communication skills
Not enough pay
Don't tell you everything up front
It was a mistake
horrible management system
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Pay rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CRST Expedited. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7