CRST Expedited Employee Reviews

Good money
Lead Driver/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 28, 2017
Good money I was lease with Crst treated very fairly only reason for leaving was not being home enough if you don't mind being gone for a couple weeks at a time you can make a lot of money.
Better Than Expected
Lead Driver (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 27, 2017
I have noticed since being here that the ones this doesnt work out for dig their own graves. They turn down loads, dont want to drive a certain miles, etc. The money is definitely there. I have been consistently making even more than they told me i could. I havent had a problem since starting. As long as you can deal with taking someone in your truck with you, the Lease Purchase program is even better than advertised. i highly recommend it for anyone who is truly trying to make the most money possible.
Pros
Money, Plenty of freight
Not The Best
Professional Truck Driver Class A CDL (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 10, 2017
Logistics company that frequently acquires new tractors. Extremely rarely acquires new trailers which makes job extra stressful. Communications between customer/shipper to the driver are extremely poorly facilitated. Good starter company to get your feet wet for CDL over the road life.
Team driving
Over The Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 7, 2017
I drove a truck (dry van) all over the country. I had a codriver. I usually drove at night, but sometimes had to drive during the daytime. I traveled all over the country.
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 7, 2017
Just No, don't even think about it, get trained any where else other than CRST.
If your idea of a great job is "trying" to catch a solid 8 hours in the sleeper while a complete stranger you just met, whom you were entirely convinced after the first 5 minutes of meeting said individual, you wouldn't trust them to be around your children, much less your dog or cat, is behind the wheel of 80,000 pounds of steel traveling at 63 mph, who you were forced to ride with because the two of you live less than an hour apart from each other, then this most definitely is the job for you.
Pros
You will learn to pray, really, really hard.
Cons
Makes just about every other near death experience slightly comical
Starter Job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 5, 2017
Good for beginners. Dispatch can be stressful. Need more trailers for next job assignments. You lose out because you cannot found a empty trailer for the next pick up most of the time.
Not the best but ok for starters
Team Driver (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 4, 2017
They need to pay more and go home more a month out is too long when you have family and they call asking about you return on your first full day home its ok if you like to stay out
Pros
Always driving
Cons
The driving and the money does at up
I regret coming here
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 30, 2017
The management here is a joke, very unprofessional. It seems like the worst come to work here. The employees here seem to give no darn about you, and they seem to murmur bad things about the drivers as they walk away from the desk. I came here a couple of years ago to go to the school here and it seemed better back then. I dont know if there was a chamge in the management but it sucks here. Place feels like a jail house in a way. Pick another company if you're looking to work somewhere as a driver.
Pros
Free lunches during orientation/Free housing for drivers/Cool drivers
Cons
Bad management/low pay/DMs suck/You gotta buy your tools
Fast paced and stressful, but rewarding.
Load Planner (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 29, 2017
Great place to work with daily challenges that made each day unique. Great group of people to work with. Internal growth and advancement are practiced.
Pros
Continual growth
Cons
Being micro-managed
Truck Driving
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  OklahomaOctober 28, 2017
We ran all 48 states moset all east coast It is not enouge miles I only made little over $5000 in just 4 months and I say that is not no money I cound make that money working at Jack in the box Thanks
are you tuff enough?
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 20, 2017
this a place where you can get a CDL, without paying up front . You will risk your life every day on the road and drive with some of the most pathetic people in the U.S.The company has many legal problems and other nefarious problems. Most of the managers are trainees and have no idea what they are doing. If you like sitting at truck stops for days without pay you will like this place
Pros
paid twice, a week decent trucks
Cons
unable to provide basic tools needed to work, risk your life every day
Everything I was hoping for
Lease Operator (Current Employee) –  OTROctober 18, 2017
I have been working as a CRST Lease Operator for about 7 1/2 months. I have always heard a lot of negative things about the company and was skeptical about coming to work here, but my recruiter assured me the company has made lots of positive changes. Man!... He wasn't kidding! I'm making more than I have ever made in 20+ years of driving for other companies. They have lots of freight, plus I get home for 4 days EVERY 14 days. Also, I was concerned about mentoring someone, but I have to say I love it! And getting paid for the miles my trainee drives doesn't hurt either!
Pros
No waiting on any loads.
This Company doesn't lie
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  USAOctober 16, 2017
You will get paid in this company, not unlike other trucking companies that say they will pay you good, and few weeks in, they won't work you as much.
Pros
$250 stipend un taxed a month
Cons
if not dedicated, too many trailer chasing and downtime
Good job for drivers that just started their career
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 15, 2017
Inspect my tractor and trailer for any damage that needs to be repaired so that I can have a safe trip plan my route As well as my lunch and breaks so that I can make my load on time.
Always pay attention to traffic while traveling on the road to keep myself safe and other vehicles in my surrounding area .
Management can be very professional but need to work on planning I would prefer less wait time for Loads.
Peaceful but has times that’s not so pleasant after finishing my shift try to go to sleep on a bumpy ride sometimes it’s very irritating
The hardest part about the job is waiting for loads but not getting paid for your wait time .
The most enjoyable time about my job deliver my load on time keeping the customer happy .
Pros
Pay vacations PTO 401(k) plan medical dental and visionOpportunities
Cons
Miles driving and not paid for as well as wait time for loads
Typical trucking industry culture.
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 11, 2017
I worked myself ragged at this company. 14 hour days, 7 days a week for 2-3 months at a time before I could get home for a 4 day leave. But I performed excellently and was promoted. I was even offered a position as a Lead Driver Trainer.
Pros
Lots of work to be done.
Cons
Minimal pay for first 6 months
Decent place
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 6, 2017
Is a good place to work for. They will give you Mike to run as long as you keep moving you can make money. I Got on a few dedicated runs and they were great.
lack of work, & no hometime
Otr Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 4, 2017
it had good managers but it lacked work loads to pay for the truck they assign you. They also never got me home when requested after being gone for months at a time.
Pros
managers
Cons
work load
good money, relaxed job, beautiful sites while driving
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 28, 2017
relaxed job if you love traveling, its like being your own boss, gives you ample amount of time to deliver loads, they pay for schooling, fleet managers work with you, nice newer model trucks
Pros
large company keeps you making money
Cons
long time on the road with little hometime
it was very fun
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 20, 2017
i learn how to driving in all kind or weather. i seen all the states the management help me a lot and was there for me.the workplace was a lot on hand on hand i like that .the hardest part was going to sleep scary i was going to miss something.i enjoyable it all everything .i would love to work for them again.
Overall I really enjoy being an Expert Transportation Specialist.
OTR Company Driver Trainer (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 18, 2017
I have been given opportunities to grow and receive training for career advancement. I really enjoy training others to become professional truck drivers.
Pros
I appreciate being acknowledged for my Expertise as a Professional Truck Driver
Cons
I would like to spend more time at home with my family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CRST Expedited. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6