CRST Expedited Employee Reviews in United States

worst company
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 25, 2016
This company needs to be brought up to date. Big time mistake. The Department of Labor needs to step in. $ 0.19 per mile is not right.

You can get a cdl through this company but will have a contract for 10 months, this contract may not be legally binding.

good luck to anyone that goes there.
Pros
got to see the country
Cons
no hometime, drivers managers don't care
Fast paced
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 23, 2016
Over all I like it. I met new people traveled an seen a lot of different states..........................................
Pros
Lot of miles
Cons
No off time
This is not a good place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  fort wayne, inJuly 20, 2016
Management is not far and you do not move up in the company. this is a job of who you know to get what you want. When your hired they tell you one thing then they do another. I like doing the job it is just some of the workers.
Pros
some
Cons
healthcare, vacations, some managers
Horrible company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, California and Cedar Rapids, IowaJuly 15, 2016
Like 99.9% of the people that end up working for this company, I ended up working here at a rough time in my life. I ignored all the negative reviews crst has since I had never had any issues with an employer before. Everyone employed there (administration not drivers) are uneducated and very disrespectful. The driver's safety is not a priority in any way to them. The training is not adequate for the job (I feel this way although I graduated with the "white hat"---> means I never failed a test or practical). This company preys on people that are desperate to help their situation. After you've been working for them for a few months, but before your contract is over they escalate their disregard for your safety to the point where you quit. At this point, they send your contract to a collection agency. They make thousands of dollars on every run these drivers make and pay the driver who's risking their lives and licenses next to nothing. Thats why they have to run several classes at a time to continue their scam. All the people I started with have the same opinion and have quit.

If anything I hope to help someone avoid my mistake.
Pros
Now I know better
Cons
They are in business
Worked there 29 years
Driver (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 8, 2016
After 29 years of working for this company I finally decided I had been there long enough.
I earned my last safety award, stayed a month longer to be sure I got it and went home to my wife to stay.
All of a sudden the managers have decided I don't deserve it anymore, even though I earned it before I left their employ.
I enjoyed working for them over the years, they treated me very well, but soon as you leave your history, expect nothing for all your years of service to them.
Pros
You can make good money, but you have to sacrifice your personal life.
Cons
Dont expect any loyalty from them.
Good entry level driving position
Driver (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 8, 2016
Fabulous company to get your CDL with and train with for a year to learn the ropes.
3 weeks of training before you're on a truck making money
Do not have to pay back the school but the company has a 10month contract.
Pros
Paid Training
Cons
Limited pay, rarely home
Good Place to get into the door
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 8, 2016
A good place to get started in the industry. Management was responsive if you stayed on them about an issue. If you plan on seeing the country... spend alot of time in the passenger seat.
Cons
Team driving
horrible placw to work
Long Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 7, 2016
its horrible destroys your family management sucks and there is nothing great everything is bad you cool thing is that you get too see the us for free
Its a job
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 7, 2016
its all a lie, i dont even think the company is actually called CRST.

You work your butt off for no pay, plus you have to rely on someone else for the pay you get.

and you have to spend every moment of your life in a truck with another person.
Pros
Cons
your broke plus everything else
Opportunity to make as much money as possible.
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 7, 2016
A typical day in trucking is finding available loads to put on your truck. And delivering safely and asap. Things your learn on a daily basis is making sure you secure that load the best way possible. That is by watching others and asking questions. Management with that company was not very helpful. So you had to be a person who could research info provided and work well alone because on the road it was just you and your truck. The hardest part of that job was securing in the outside elements. The best part of that job was the scenery and having the ability to decide where and when I would like to go.
Pros
Different places daily.
Cons
Bad weather
Its a trucking company
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 4, 2016
I see all kinds of low ratings on here from Ex employees that obviously didn't realize that a trucking job means on the road 90 percent or more a year. You get 1 day off for every week you work. And they like for you to only take off no more than 4 days at a time.
They have good benefits the pay is better than most starter companies and good pay for experienced drivers as well.
They have a great train your partner program. And so far the recruiter has been forth coming and honest.
I am a driver with my husband and we've had a great experience.
This company has the miles to give if your willing to run them.. and they keep getting more accounts for even more miles.they run in teams here so be aware of that.
Trucking is what you make of it. You will be gone for weeks at a time but it is what it is. If you don't want to be gone that long talk to someone in dedicated and they may have a run that gets you home every weekend.
If you have a question ask someone. Most of the people working here will give an honest answer and if they don't know they will find out for you or tell you who to talk to.
Give the company a chance it's working for us.
Pros
Pay benefits great orientation
Cons
Other drivers
a little summary on driving
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 23, 2016
I drive 10 1/2 hours a day, its a great experience to view the world and get paid at the same time. I always wanted to drive trucks and now that i do it i really love driving them.
Otr
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 20, 2016
Was bad for a contract student, great as a return driver. The money is good if you get a great Fleet manager. Never had issues with trucks, they always fixed them or got us a new one. It is a full team company and as my co driver was my husband it was a great fit for us. Went to 47 of 48 states with this company got a lot of experiences. I wouldn't have gotten otherwise going with a smaller company. They changed our lives giving us the opportunity to better our self's.
Work zone
Diesel Mechanic/Trailer Tech (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CA 92509June 16, 2016
I enjoy going to work to a positive environment, and helping drivers get to their destination by servicing trailers, trucks
Everyday is different . Learning how to weld / replace axles. Its fun working with other mechanics who are team players.
Worst Trucking Carrier in The World!!
Company driver and Lease/purchase lead driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar rapids,IowaJune 16, 2016
No respect for drivers,dirt for pay,poor home time!!Don't say you were not warned google them before ruining your life!!
You live in a truck
Company Driver Over the Road (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 15, 2016
Driving a truck has a lot of ups and downs. I drove all 48 states and it was drop and hook. Point A to B, all over. 11 hours driving,12 hours sleeping every day for a month at a time. I had a bad manager and a great one, I drove with my wife so my co-worker was amazing. I loved traveling the country and getting paid to do that. It was hard leaving my family for long time periods, but being able to be financially stable was worth it.
Pros
see the country
Cons
not much of a life outside of trucking
Nightmare of a company
Team Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 14, 2016
From day one, working with CRST can be described as nothing short of a "cluster". While I won't go into details, it's enough to say that I went through a month of pure drama, spending more than 1 night in fear of being throw out on a side walk in Atlanta or a number of other places...I was working a full time job, with 10 hour shifts for CRST and still had to borrow money from family to eat because they messed up payroll.

Anyone reading this, I am being as frank as I possibly can. This company does not have its "stuff" together! stay away!

As for the job it self, I loved it. The hours where hard and being away from family was hard, but the things you got to see and the places you got to go, where just wonderful. There is nothing like driving west of Denver through the mountains and getting to look to either side and think "Man this is one heck of an office view."
Pros
Cons
Long down time, constant struggle with payroll, poor driver managment.
completed truck driving school with CRST
OTR Solo Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 3, 2016
attended truck driving school at NADTA. Overall experience with CRST was not a good one. It was a negative environment.
Pros
completed truck driving school
Cons
not a good work environment
you work for free
what do you think (Former Employee) –  KansasJune 2, 2016
Those five star rating are probably from upper management trying to recruit more victims. Sure they will pay for your rental and you share a room with strangers during training. Once you get released make sure you have money to support yourself the first month. This company takes all your check. You will find that out when you see all the deductions and $0 for you. On top of that when your truck breaks down oh they will fix it but guess what you can walk yourself to the nearest hotel and pay for it yourself. Without expecting to get reimbursed. Last but not least you don't get to see your family all that time let alone send them money. Just a bad choice.
Pros
one day rental
Cons
no pay check let alone benefits.
Worst job I have ever had
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 1, 2016
Everything about this company is negative! I wish I had done some research before I agreed to work for them. They have no respect for the employee and have no integrity.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CRST Expedited. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7