CRST Expedited

CRST Expedited Employee Reviews

Do yourself a favor, Choose another driving company.
Freight Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 3, 2016
The first thing I can tell you is that I was relayed from loads more then I can possibly keep count. The fleet manager they issued was a moron, No knowledge of what she was doing. The pay was horrible. Truck was always in the shop for PM.
Pros
They send you to driving school and cover your stay.
Cons
Plenty
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 24, 2016
I decline to review this employer publicly for this site. I may be inclined to describe my experience overall and in specific areas of my employment with a prospective employer, I reserve this right.
Negative experience can become positive thoughts
Professional Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 8, 2016
Lack integrity and don't treat their drivers with appreciation, from the training facility to the road, and that insidious per diem that literally is stealing from their employees. Ironically I appreciate the experience, yet I wouldn't pass this paradox on someone else.
Cons
"company" per diem is not for "employees" benefit
This company should be ashamed
Fleet Manager, Phone (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 4, 2016
This company screws over its own employees to remain a company in the black. Several different practices put in place drive this company to get around DOT regulations and destroy the lives of their employees if they make it through training. Recruiters lie to get these people with no job and no money up to Cedar Rapids from all over the country. Once here and stuck they have no money to live on and if they flunk out of trucking school CRST doesn't send them home. They're on their own. Terrible.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Terrible management, shady practices
Starter company if you have zero experience.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 14, 2015
The company is managed well with an eye on increasing profitability and longevity. Unfortunately, this does somewhat come at the expense of the general employee. They basically thrive on a steady flow of new and inexperienced drivers, pulling in hundreds of employees a month, filtering out the ones that cannot make it for various reasons and then the rest are used up for their contract length and then either resign or leave for other companies.

That being said, if you have no family, no ties to anything outside yourself and can function under a constant state of motion it is likely as good a place as any to start and better than some. Do not do this, if you love anyone, for you will never see them.
Pros
The will get you your Class A and Endorsements.
Cons
Long hours, lonely work and too much down time on the road.
Ok.... For beginners
Professional Class A Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 15, 2015
If your looking to get into the Profession great gateway. I've had the pleasure of crossing many state lines during my time with this employer.
I would not recommend driving for this company.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 5, 2015
The staff is inconsiderate, unjust and fabricators. I have had three Fleet Managers during the time I drove for this company due to their incompetence.
rating says all
Professional Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 3, 2015
its a startup trucking company. it was a place for me to start, but now its time to find a new direction..

I'd say there was some red tape but what job doesn't have some..
Pros
N/A
Cons
no detention pay.
Seeing every state in the U.S.
TRACTOR TRAILER TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 2, 2015
I liked to drive cross country and I set my own hours but the pay wasn't that good and I drove with another person that wasn't a safe driver so I had to quit
Pros
seeing different states
Cons
other driver, not enough home time
The company is average in some areas and below average in other.
truck driver (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 27, 2015
I give the company a 5 out of 10. Weekend dispatch is horrible. Currently a lot of load cancellations. Low miles. I also do not agree with non compete clause in contract.
Pros
Company Pays for training program
Cons
Low compensation
getting better
Dry Van Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 29, 2015
Its a starter company. Go there, get your 1 year and move on. there gonna always need trainers there and once you get your year in the freight slows down. Do it long enough to finish your contract
Pros
get your cdl
Cons
learn how to drive somewhere else
low rates, immature fleet manager.
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  floridaSeptember 23, 2015
It was hard to make a living working for CRST. This is not a company i would want to spend the rest of my career. Ive been sitting waiting for a load for the last three weeks.
Good Company to work for
Driver OTR (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 18, 2015
Driving from state to state, learning how to communicate with customers daily. Making sure shipment reaches its destination on time. Helping co workers with driving .
Good job
CDL Driver - Heavy Duty Operator (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 9, 2015
Good job, I just don't like being away from my family for long periods of time. I'd like to get a CDL driving job closer to home.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Away from home
Low pay, little to no benefits
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 24, 2015
I can't begin to rant about everything wrong with the company. I can only say that the people who have already been through it are the ones who understand whats wrong with it.
Pros
Free breakfest
Cons
everything else
Great training opportunity for inexeperienced truck drivers to gain experience for a trucking career.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 16, 2015
This company will give most people an opportunity to drive the big trucks across the USA. After arriving at the training facility, you must pass a DOT physical (which includes a drug test), then training begins at the Community College (a fast paced course, like 10 days), then they check out your job history and background, and then you are selected by an OTR trainer to learn the trucking business. CRST is a team truck driving company, so you will have a driver sharing a truck with you. You drive , they sleep. They drive, you sleep. It can be tough, but rewarding. Pay is not that great for beginners, remember you are there to gain experience. Trucks are good, loads are good, drop and hook. Good experience.
Pros
Great way to gain experience in the trucking industry
Cons
Sharing a truck can be challenging, pay is not great for beginners.
Fast pace environment
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 12, 2015
Never a dull moment was a typical day. Driving 6-7 hours as new driver. Learned safety is first and foremost. Management was stressful due to the high volume of new drivers. Co-workers were hungry and very eager and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was the limited support system from management. The most enjoyable part of the job was the encouragement shared from driver to driver.
Pros
Good start for a new driver
Cons
Lack of healthcare benefits
i wouldn't work for CRST again
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 23, 2015
didn't enjoy working for this company dispatchers didn't keep their word. I was unhappy with the pay scale. never got home time when we were promised.
Pros
trucks ok
Cons
not enough home time
Good place to learn, That's about it.
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 10, 2015
during my time with this company I had the most horrible time. They do not care about their employees only their freight. I don't have a lot of love for this establishment. So i don't have much to say. However their driving school is very good.
Pros
OTR Driving if you want to travel the country
Cons
Pay, time off, home time, team driving, split miles.
Long hours on the road driving in high winds and inclement weather
Class A CDL Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids IAApril 16, 2015
My manager was terrible he didn't know how to talk to people I learned how to be a professional driver and I do my job well. The hardest part of the job is being away from my family,and the most enjoyable part I guess is seeing the world.

2.2