CRST Expedited Employee Reviews

Typical transportation company
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 28, 2016
Loads are always on a pretty strict timeline, which is good if you have a good co-driver. They only have a few terminals, but they are also in the most driven lanes you will get. The worst is just getting your loads changed on you after you are already heading to a pick up
Pros
Mostly drop and hook
Cons
Team based
Good Job
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IA 52406September 20, 2016
Great place to work, but as the economy went down so did the business. Business was down to a trickle at times. I am sure now that business has picked up. Should be a great place to work for now.
circus
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 14, 2016
I took their refresher course Many hours of driving with no time for home. The driving was team oriented. i drove with a lease/purchase driver. 10hrs each day or night 6days in a row . it was hard on circulation and eating sleeping and showering was changing
other driver was only concerned about himself and the company never replied to any requests while i was out.
Great company, a positive experience
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 8, 2016
3PL for Ryerson Steel. Logistics and driver management. 17 drivers in Columbus OhIo and Louisville Kentucky. Support sales staff, payroll and cost control, monthly reporting.
Awsome work place if you are just starting off.
Over the Road Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 7, 2016
There are good days and bad days. They really work with you if you have a problem. And mostly they care about your safety. Good manging skills and good runs.
Pros
Good driver managers
Cons
Not enough miles
Never home on time and always having to get trailers fixed
Driver (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 3, 2016
If you enjoy spending weeks or months on the road away from family and being screwed around when it's time to go home then this is the company for you. I have a good dispatcher who gives me good miles but every time I'm scheduled to go home I get there between 1 and 3 days late. I live about 3 hours east of Chicago and my dispatcher loves to send me to the west coast just before I'm supposed to be home. Then I have to take my 34 hour restart or I get delayed by bad weather in the winter. It's impossible to make any plans or doctor appointments during your time off when you don't get home on time.

Another thing that bothers me is that some drivers are so concerned with making money that if something is wrong with a trailer they'll just leave it for the next driver. It's not the company's fault that drivers do that but they don't take action against those drivers like they say they will.
Pros
Good miles
Cons
Never get home on time, always taking equipment for repairs
fun and travel
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 31, 2016
I saw the country it was a fun place to work. willing to train and pay for CDL. dispatch wwas kinde and respectful. Trucks were well mantaned. doesnt like to do truck repaie or oril change out side a yard.
Pros
trsavel.
Cons
no oile changes out side a yard
Fraudulent company
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 30, 2016
First week you obtain CDL A permit using their dormitory housing address. Iowa permit, Iowa address. This permit is sent to your home address in your home state. Fourth and final wheel you obtain CDL A license, also sent to your home address in your home state.They sent me to Hawkeye community college for this part. Contract from Hawkeye showed they pay 1,400.00 dollars for this. If you hire on with them, they want you to pay 6,500.00 for what they payed 1,400 for. Don't sign on with this company, unless you just want to give them 5,100.00 dollars for nothing. Hall bathrooms shut down with caution tape over door for overflowing toilets filled with excrement, majority of time there.
Crst
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 22, 2016
CRST, a great company to get experience from great learning place. Some dispatches need not to be dispatches and don't lie to your drivers.
Pros
want you as a trainer
Cons
not enogh home time
Elite Fleet
Elite Fleet Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 21, 2016
This company and management is a joke. They try and screw you out of miles, money, and additional compensation that you rightfully worked hard for as a driver. My advice to you is be cautious working for them and if you do be on top of every single last penny you work for. But yet even when you question it or bring up concerns you won't get any legitimate answers if any at all.
Pros
Employed
Cons
Working for free
Big company little respect
Lead driver (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 20, 2016
As a driver who cares about safety and on time performance I am constantly faced with disappointment here at CRST. My biggest grievance is the atrocity that they have for a safety and maintenance program. From my eyes both services seem extremely understaffed. They provide the bare minimum necessities to the fleet. You have to wait weeks for service and the level of professionalism is bare. I am not even going to touch on the joke that dispatch is. Only come here if you Rly have a high amount of patience.
Pros
Miles
Cons
Long wait for maintenance . Poor communication. Unprofessional. Short staffed
Great place to start
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 16, 2016
I have been reviewing some of what I have seen on here. Let me start by saying. CRST is a team out fit. If you plan on soloing or do not work well with others this company probably will not work for you. However, if you can get along with people, and make the best of things for at least 10 months. Or even the best start off with an established team it can be worth it. I started this adventure 10 months ago with my husband. We really enjoy driving. We also have a great driver manager. That helps alot. Our contract will be up in October and we are seriously thinking about doing lease purchase with the company then.
Pros
Great benifits, lots of miles if you are willing to work them
Cons
Not alot if home time.
fun terminals
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 13, 2016
movie nights,free showers,always on the go with every load.i learned to to communicate with others and dispatchers.manage my time on QUALCOMM.the hardest part was to stay away from home a long period of time.the fun part you get to go in an round,and down big mountains.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
pay raise every three months, free
I would not work here again
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IA 52404August 2, 2016
the pro's I experience at Crst were in the dedicated division driving double trailers. the pay was well and the miles were excellent. the con's are if you're a solo driver the miles are few, being stuck in a city without a load for several days happens way too often, home time may be given when they can not when arranged. its hard to get a hold of anyone on the weekend, they expect you to team and if you're teammate doesn't pull his or her weight they want you to bare the burden and keep that teammate. I learned a lot and was able to utilize my doubles endorsement but I would never work for or recommend anyone to Crst.
Pros
rental car no bus ride, pay for teams or dedicated doubles.
Cons
stuck for days in a city, no contact on weekends, teaming is the only way to make money or miles.
Penny-pinching gangsters
Lease purchase operator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 29, 2016
Not happy with the company looking for someone better they say they pay one thing when you add it up its low company driver rates
worst company
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 25, 2016
This company needs to be brought up to date. Big time mistake. The Department of Labor needs to step in. $ 0.19 per mile is not right.

You can get a cdl through this company but will have a contract for 10 months, this contract may not be legally binding.

good luck to anyone that goes there.
Pros
got to see the country
Cons
no hometime, drivers managers don't care
Fast paced
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 23, 2016
Over all I like it. I met new people traveled an seen a lot of different states..........................................
Pros
Lot of miles
Cons
No off time
This is not a good place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  fort wayne, inJuly 20, 2016
Management is not far and you do not move up in the company. this is a job of who you know to get what you want. When your hired they tell you one thing then they do another. I like doing the job it is just some of the workers.
Pros
some
Cons
healthcare, vacations, some managers
Horrible company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, California and Cedar Rapids, IowaJuly 15, 2016
Like 99.9% of the people that end up working for this company, I ended up working here at a rough time in my life. I ignored all the negative reviews crst has since I had never had any issues with an employer before. Everyone employed there (administration not drivers) are uneducated and very disrespectful. The driver's safety is not a priority in any way to them. The training is not adequate for the job (I feel this way although I graduated with the "white hat"---> means I never failed a test or practical). This company preys on people that are desperate to help their situation. After you've been working for them for a few months, but before your contract is over they escalate their disregard for your safety to the point where you quit. At this point, they send your contract to a collection agency. They make thousands of dollars on every run these drivers make and pay the driver who's risking their lives and licenses next to nothing. Thats why they have to run several classes at a time to continue their scam. All the people I started with have the same opinion and have quit.

If anything I hope to help someone avoid my mistake.
Pros
Now I know better
Cons
They are in business
Worked there 29 years
Driver (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 8, 2016
After 29 years of working for this company I finally decided I had been there long enough.
I earned my last safety award, stayed a month longer to be sure I got it and went home to my wife to stay.
All of a sudden the managers have decided I don't deserve it anymore, even though I earned it before I left their employ.
I enjoyed working for them over the years, they treated me very well, but soon as you leave your history, expect nothing for all your years of service to them.
Pros
You can make good money, but you have to sacrifice your personal life.
Cons
Dont expect any loyalty from them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CRST Expedited. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7