CRST Expedited Employee Reviews

Alright Starter company
Team Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 4, 2017
If you are looking to obtain your Class A CDL, CRST is a fair starter company to work for. This is not a local company. This company is team and OTR. You do receive full training and your contract with them is only 8 months. You don't pay anything to CRST. Your 8 month contract takes care of that. Downside of this company is you will have more downtime than you actually drive. It helps if you and your co-driver have Hazmat Endorsements. If so, you have the advancement to stay running because there are more Hazmat load available than that of on hazmat loads. However you are not paid a great deal. You start off with the lowest pay grade cpm. The miles are split between you and your co-driver, which determines how much you get paid a week.
other downside of this company is they do not get you home when they are supposed to! They tend to keep you out longer than need be. They do not take an immediate initiative to getting their drivers home on time as they should!
Don't do it
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAJuly 26, 2017
If you do stay for the 10 month contract and then get a better job look them up there are plenty out there that pay way more I left after 6 months now make 85,000 a year all they wanted was 6 months experience
culture
Driver Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 24, 2017
CRST is a fast passed company they are descent and have worked on improving their culture for all employees. My time at CRST I have gained recruiting knowledge and learned to be an independent worker.
terrible
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 20, 2017
fleet managers were very disrespectful. didnt like it at all. kinda put a bad taste in my mouth for truck driving being that it was my first driving job
Pros
sight seeing
Cons
rushed u back to work
bad pay for new drivers
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJuly 20, 2017
It was times I didnt have enough money to eat to survive on the road. Was doing alot of layovers and layover pay is not that good. I could of made more money staying home working mc donalds
work hard for barely a pay check
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 17, 2017
CRST does not pay nearly enough.
i did learn how to drive a truck
management was not the best
the food is disgusting
the hardest part was learning how to drive if you have never drove before
bad place to work
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  cider rapides iowaJuly 6, 2017
they breach your contract and still make u pay them back and u most of the time waiting on loads you are gone 28 days home 3 days that is they work and u got to put in wat days u want to be home and if your co driver lives in a different state you have to take turns on home time
Pros
they get your class a cdl quick
Cons
not good to there drivers
Great Beginner Company
Class A CDL Truck Driver HAZMAT (contractor) (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 26, 2017
Because I had a 3 year hiatus as a professional driver, CRST had a refresher course which was beneficial to both me and other motorists. The Driving School environment is excellent, and pay isn't horrible, considering you are paying for the schooling. Once schooling and on the job training is complete (1 year over the road). I suggest looking for a better paying employer. They do not expect any more from you, nor will they do anything to retain you.
Pros
Great first OTR employer, Conditions you for lifestyle
Cons
Poor pay, poor benefits, poor hometime
If you like being gone most of the time and you don't mind being alone, then job is for you.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 23, 2017
This job is okay if you enjoy being a way from home and being by yourself. The workplace culture involves to live a loner lifestyle. The most enjoyable part of the job is you get to travel cross the country.
Pros
Get to travel cross the country
Cons
Not alot of time off
team driver
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 12, 2017
met an awesome team trainer. showed me the ropes in driving as a team on the Eastern end of the U.S., and made a good friend. i got to see and experience new and exciting places and opportunities and became more effient in my duties as a driver.
Pros
driving a big rig
Cons
too long away from home
Steady Freight always had a good time on the road
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids IowaJune 8, 2017
I ran a dedicated route for CRST never had a problem the trucks were well-maintained I always had consistent Freight never had a problem with my paycheck. I fulfilled my contract and ask for more money and they would Dead Set against paying more money so if you don't mind driving with the partner it's a good business for a startup company
Pros
Steady Freight
Cons
Driving with a co-driver
Good company to work for with lots of work. The more work you want the more you will get
Team Driver (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 5, 2017
I learned to operate big rigs at their school. Newer trucks and trailor. You get to pick your team member. The more you deliver on time and request another load the better the load and money you can get. Other programs are available winter driving flat beds owner lease programs
Pros
Will compensate you for motel if truck breaks down
Cons
You can be away from your family for along time
Great place to get started
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 31, 2017
This is a great company to get started with. The first year doesn't pay well at all so expect to be poor. After that, if you want to make money, you definitely can.
an ok place to work
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 30, 2017
building has no windows. expect to work over 10 hrs a day. pay is fair. people are mostly friendly. breaks are discouraged. generally expected to eat lunch while working.
Good Employer
Driver Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 27, 2017
Every situation is different for every individual. I love my job at CRST however I can't say that I love the work environment nor do I like most of the leadership. My definition of leadership differs from many based on my 20 years of Military experience, so as I said, it may be good for someone else.
Pros
Cons
Short Breaks, micro-management
Very stressful
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAMay 7, 2017
A very stressful company to work for.Its a team company.If you do not have a team driver they will assign one to your truck.You will not know anything about the other until you both have to work togather.Job is highly stressful due to loads that dispatch insist must be there fast.If one driver is a go getter and the other,just drives days,you can really have problems.A lot of drivers start at .17 com .I started 31 cpm..one team driver walked off at a truckstop,another was taking so much caffeine, that I wasn't comfortable sleeping.
Cons
Assigned team drivers
Starting company
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 23, 2017
This company uses drivers to fill seats and though they lead them to believe that they are helping them, they are taking with the other hand. I lived a year, on barely enough to feed myself - because they took so much out of my pay - which was not competitive in the least to other companies.
Pros
Learned the ropes
Cons
pay is low for this field
CRST is a very Professional and productive work place.
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 22, 2017
A productive and professional work environment with people who care. Very prompt when needed maintenance. They always put safty first. Easy to communicate with.
Pros
equipment was very good
Cons
Not enough Home time
Crst
Commercial truck driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 19, 2017
In regards to the job opportunity I had when I was employed with "CRST", while the position was saturate with older traditions and customs, it was still male dominated and sometimes restricting to the drivers (codrivers)
Pros
Travelling, and own boss
Cons
Being away from home, and physically demanding
A job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 19, 2017
OK place to work a lot of travel time awesome experience great benefits pay could be better for the risk u take daily over the road overall great career starter job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CRST Expedited. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6