CRST Expedited Employee Reviews in United States

Crst
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 22, 2016
CRST, a great company to get experience from great learning place. Some dispatches need not to be dispatches and don't lie to your drivers.
Pros
want you as a trainer
Cons
not enogh home time
Elite Fleet
Elite Fleet Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 21, 2016
This company and management is a joke. They try and screw you out of miles, money, and additional compensation that you rightfully worked hard for as a driver. My advice to you is be cautious working for them and if you do be on top of every single last penny you work for. But yet even when you question it or bring up concerns you won't get any legitimate answers if any at all.
Pros
Employed
Cons
Working for free
Big company little respect
Lead driver (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 20, 2016
As a driver who cares about safety and on time performance I am constantly faced with disappointment here at CRST. My biggest grievance is the atrocity that they have for a safety and maintenance program. From my eyes both services seem extremely understaffed. They provide the bare minimum necessities to the fleet. You have to wait weeks for service and the level of professionalism is bare. I am not even going to touch on the joke that dispatch is. Only come here if you Rly have a high amount of patience.
Pros
Miles
Cons
Long wait for maintenance . Poor communication. Unprofessional. Short staffed
Great place to start
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 16, 2016
I have been reviewing some of what I have seen on here. Let me start by saying. CRST is a team out fit. If you plan on soloing or do not work well with others this company probably will not work for you. However, if you can get along with people, and make the best of things for at least 10 months. Or even the best start off with an established team it can be worth it. I started this adventure 10 months ago with my husband. We really enjoy driving. We also have a great driver manager. That helps alot. Our contract will be up in October and we are seriously thinking about doing lease purchase with the company then.
Pros
Great benifits, lots of miles if you are willing to work them
Cons
Not alot if home time.
fun terminals
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 13, 2016
movie nights,free showers,always on the go with every load.i learned to to communicate with others and dispatchers.manage my time on QUALCOMM.the hardest part was to stay away from home a long period of time.the fun part you get to go in an round,and down big mountains.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
pay raise every three months, free
I would not work here again
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IA 52404August 2, 2016
the pro's I experience at Crst were in the dedicated division driving double trailers. the pay was well and the miles were excellent. the con's are if you're a solo driver the miles are few, being stuck in a city without a load for several days happens way too often, home time may be given when they can not when arranged. its hard to get a hold of anyone on the weekend, they expect you to team and if you're teammate doesn't pull his or her weight they want you to bare the burden and keep that teammate. I learned a lot and was able to utilize my doubles endorsement but I would never work for or recommend anyone to Crst.
Pros
rental car no bus ride, pay for teams or dedicated doubles.
Cons
stuck for days in a city, no contact on weekends, teaming is the only way to make money or miles.
Penny-pinching gangsters
Lease purchase operator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 29, 2016
Not happy with the company looking for someone better they say they pay one thing when you add it up its low company driver rates
worst company
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 25, 2016
This company needs to be brought up to date. Big time mistake. The Department of Labor needs to step in. $ 0.19 per mile is not right.

You can get a cdl through this company but will have a contract for 10 months, this contract may not be legally binding.

good luck to anyone that goes there.
Pros
got to see the country
Cons
no hometime, drivers managers don't care
Fast paced
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 23, 2016
Over all I like it. I met new people traveled an seen a lot of different states..........................................
Pros
Lot of miles
Cons
No off time
This is not a good place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  fort wayne, inJuly 20, 2016
Management is not far and you do not move up in the company. this is a job of who you know to get what you want. When your hired they tell you one thing then they do another. I like doing the job it is just some of the workers.
Pros
some
Cons
healthcare, vacations, some managers
Horrible company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, California and Cedar Rapids, IowaJuly 15, 2016
Like 99.9% of the people that end up working for this company, I ended up working here at a rough time in my life. I ignored all the negative reviews crst has since I had never had any issues with an employer before. Everyone employed there (administration not drivers) are uneducated and very disrespectful. The driver's safety is not a priority in any way to them. The training is not adequate for the job (I feel this way although I graduated with the "white hat"---> means I never failed a test or practical). This company preys on people that are desperate to help their situation. After you've been working for them for a few months, but before your contract is over they escalate their disregard for your safety to the point where you quit. At this point, they send your contract to a collection agency. They make thousands of dollars on every run these drivers make and pay the driver who's risking their lives and licenses next to nothing. Thats why they have to run several classes at a time to continue their scam. All the people I started with have the same opinion and have quit.

If anything I hope to help someone avoid my mistake.
Pros
Now I know better
Cons
They are in business
Worked there 29 years
Driver (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 8, 2016
After 29 years of working for this company I finally decided I had been there long enough.
I earned my last safety award, stayed a month longer to be sure I got it and went home to my wife to stay.
All of a sudden the managers have decided I don't deserve it anymore, even though I earned it before I left their employ.
I enjoyed working for them over the years, they treated me very well, but soon as you leave your history, expect nothing for all your years of service to them.
Pros
You can make good money, but you have to sacrifice your personal life.
Cons
Dont expect any loyalty from them.
Good entry level driving position
Driver (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 8, 2016
Fabulous company to get your CDL with and train with for a year to learn the ropes.
3 weeks of training before you're on a truck making money
Do not have to pay back the school but the company has a 10month contract.
Pros
Paid Training
Cons
Limited pay, rarely home
Good Place to get into the door
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 8, 2016
A good place to get started in the industry. Management was responsive if you stayed on them about an issue. If you plan on seeing the country... spend alot of time in the passenger seat.
Cons
Team driving
horrible placw to work
Long Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 7, 2016
its horrible destroys your family management sucks and there is nothing great everything is bad you cool thing is that you get too see the us for free
Its a job
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 7, 2016
its all a lie, i dont even think the company is actually called CRST.

You work your butt off for no pay, plus you have to rely on someone else for the pay you get.

and you have to spend every moment of your life in a truck with another person.
Pros
Cons
your broke plus everything else
Opportunity to make as much money as possible.
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 7, 2016
A typical day in trucking is finding available loads to put on your truck. And delivering safely and asap. Things your learn on a daily basis is making sure you secure that load the best way possible. That is by watching others and asking questions. Management with that company was not very helpful. So you had to be a person who could research info provided and work well alone because on the road it was just you and your truck. The hardest part of that job was securing in the outside elements. The best part of that job was the scenery and having the ability to decide where and when I would like to go.
Pros
Different places daily.
Cons
Bad weather
Its a trucking company
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 4, 2016
I see all kinds of low ratings on here from Ex employees that obviously didn't realize that a trucking job means on the road 90 percent or more a year. You get 1 day off for every week you work. And they like for you to only take off no more than 4 days at a time.
They have good benefits the pay is better than most starter companies and good pay for experienced drivers as well.
They have a great train your partner program. And so far the recruiter has been forth coming and honest.
I am a driver with my husband and we've had a great experience.
This company has the miles to give if your willing to run them.. and they keep getting more accounts for even more miles.they run in teams here so be aware of that.
Trucking is what you make of it. You will be gone for weeks at a time but it is what it is. If you don't want to be gone that long talk to someone in dedicated and they may have a run that gets you home every weekend.
If you have a question ask someone. Most of the people working here will give an honest answer and if they don't know they will find out for you or tell you who to talk to.
Give the company a chance it's working for us.
Pros
Pay benefits great orientation
Cons
Other drivers
a little summary on driving
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 23, 2016
I drive 10 1/2 hours a day, its a great experience to view the world and get paid at the same time. I always wanted to drive trucks and now that i do it i really love driving them.
Otr
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 20, 2016
Was bad for a contract student, great as a return driver. The money is good if you get a great Fleet manager. Never had issues with trucks, they always fixed them or got us a new one. It is a full team company and as my co driver was my husband it was a great fit for us. Went to 47 of 48 states with this company got a lot of experiences. I wouldn't have gotten otherwise going with a smaller company. They changed our lives giving us the opportunity to better our self's.

2.7