CRST Expedited Employee Reviews

team driver
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 12, 2017
met an awesome team trainer. showed me the ropes in driving as a team on the Eastern end of the U.S., and made a good friend. i got to see and experience new and exciting places and opportunities and became more effient in my duties as a driver.
Pros
driving a big rig
Cons
too long away from home
Steady Freight always had a good time on the road
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids IowaJune 8, 2017
I ran a dedicated route for CRST never had a problem the trucks were well-maintained I always had consistent Freight never had a problem with my paycheck. I fulfilled my contract and ask for more money and they would Dead Set against paying more money so if you don't mind driving with the partner it's a good business for a startup company
Pros
Steady Freight
Cons
Driving with a co-driver
Good company to work for with lots of work. The more work you want the more you will get
Team Driver (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 5, 2017
I learned to operate big rigs at their school. Newer trucks and trailor. You get to pick your team member. The more you deliver on time and request another load the better the load and money you can get. Other programs are available winter driving flat beds owner lease programs
Pros
Will compensate you for motel if truck breaks down
Cons
You can be away from your family for along time
Great place to get started
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 31, 2017
This is a great company to get started with. The first year doesn't pay well at all so expect to be poor. After that, if you want to make money, you definitely can.
an ok place to work
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 30, 2017
building has no windows. expect to work over 10 hrs a day. pay is fair. people are mostly friendly. breaks are discouraged. generally expected to eat lunch while working.
Good Employer
Driver Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 27, 2017
Every situation is different for every individual. I love my job at CRST however I can't say that I love the work environment nor do I like most of the leadership. My definition of leadership differs from many based on my 20 years of Military experience, so as I said, it may be good for someone else.
Pros
Cons
Short Breaks, micro-management
Very stressful
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAMay 7, 2017
A very stressful company to work for.Its a team company.If you do not have a team driver they will assign one to your truck.You will not know anything about the other until you both have to work togather.Job is highly stressful due to loads that dispatch insist must be there fast.If one driver is a go getter and the other,just drives days,you can really have problems.A lot of drivers start at .17 com .I started 31 cpm..one team driver walked off at a truckstop,another was taking so much caffeine, that I wasn't comfortable sleeping.
Cons
Assigned team drivers
Starting company
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 23, 2017
This company uses drivers to fill seats and though they lead them to believe that they are helping them, they are taking with the other hand. I lived a year, on barely enough to feed myself - because they took so much out of my pay - which was not competitive in the least to other companies.
Pros
Learned the ropes
Cons
pay is low for this field
CRST is a very Professional and productive work place.
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 22, 2017
A productive and professional work environment with people who care. Very prompt when needed maintenance. They always put safty first. Easy to communicate with.
Pros
equipment was very good
Cons
Not enough Home time
Crst
Commercial truck driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 19, 2017
In regards to the job opportunity I had when I was employed with "CRST", while the position was saturate with older traditions and customs, it was still male dominated and sometimes restricting to the drivers (codrivers)
Pros
Travelling, and own boss
Cons
Being away from home, and physically demanding
A job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 19, 2017
OK place to work a lot of travel time awesome experience great benefits pay could be better for the risk u take daily over the road overall great career starter job
Get on the right team
Collections Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 18, 2017
You have to get on the right team to be paid well at CRST. A/P, A/R, recruiting pretty much any office spot that requires paperwork are high speed & have great powers internally but pay is entry level $15. Driver Managers and those related to that role start just fewer than 40K. Management is salary starting at 51k. There is nothing to hard at CRST other teams are friendly, management at least acknowledges your concerns & pretty flexible about how you manage your own time & personal life at work or if you need to flex some T/O that week. We lack culture they are memos and newsletters about how we should or want to act but nothing proactively is done.
making lots of money
Lease Operator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 17, 2017
I have been with them for about 10 months and i have no complaints and have been making awesome money training .. i have a very good driver manager . everything is just what i was told it was .
Pros
very good managment
Cons
too much work
Horrible
Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 9, 2017
CRST is a horrible company to work for. Dishonest and you will never get paid correctly. If you have a family, forget about supporting them or even getting to see them at all for the year they force you to stay in contract with them.
Good Company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 7, 2017
This company is good entry level unless you become a trainer then the pay is better. You wont make the money your work should earn you but you will have stable employment, stable runs, hometime, and a good place to get the experience and skills you need to break into the industry.
Pros
They pay for school
Cons
Low pay for the required work
It was very good place of work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  3530 Wilson Riverside California. TerminalApril 7, 2017
Doing pre-trip and post-trip inspection picking up and delivery loads on time. The most important thing I learnt on the road is safety. Management was pretty good. Work culture was good the hardest is the keep us running I like to run hard. I did not go through CRST training program
Pros
I paid for my meal
Cons
Not a good place to work
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  IllinoisApril 6, 2017
Its not a team place to work they tell you one thing and do another,your home time is a joke.they build your hope's up just to let you down....i wouldn't work for Crst for 2.00$ a mile....
Pros
Cons
Ur kidding
not fun
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 4, 2017
The company has you pick up loads and deliver them three days later and you do this for three weeks before you go home and you drive team. The dispachers are not very respectful at times
Pros
Cons
they make you drive team
Good place to start your career with no experience.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 1, 2017
Good place to start with little experience. all there terminals are lacking communication. they prices for stuff in the terminals is over prices and take advantage of their employees. breaking their contracts will put you in debt.
Pros
new trucks
Cons
bad managment
productive and fast paced environment
Headstart cook (Former Employee) –  Eagle Butte, SDMarch 28, 2017
they are awesome team to work with, working with children daily and make the meals interesting to the age group.. They are very organized and respectful to the students and families
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CRST Expedited. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6