CRST Expedited Employee Reviews

What you might expect from large trucking company.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 17, 2017
I have to give a fair rating to CRST. There are a lot of cons that can go to this company, but there are also a lot of pros that can go to them as well, so I will stick to my simple biased experience. I did my training to become a Class A Driver with CRST, which was a very short and stressful process. After 2 weeks of school and obtaining my A class license, I went on a truck for 30 days with a trainer, which was also a stressful time. After all was said and done I got a driving partner and went on the road 30 days out and 4 days home. There were bumpy times when I wasn't given adequate miles along with the other every day struggles of a driver, but it slow and steadily got better over time. I started at a measly 23c per mile which is barely enough to survive on, let alone support my wife and newborn at the time. Over time, if I recall correctly, I steadily moved up to 38c a mile before exiting the company to pursue a local job.

CRST has a strong emphasis on safety, if you were to say "I feel unsafe" they would halt everything and pay attention to you, 'safety' is unequivocally the magic word within the company. This is not an over exaggeration. In my 2 years working for CRST there was not one time where I ever felt pressured to do something I felt was unsafe, which ultimately to me is the absolute most important thing a company can emphasize.

Have them set you up with a dispatcher you feel comfortable with, this is a very important relationship to have in order to be successful within the company. Be persistent on that subject! If your dispatcher likes you they will
  more... fight for you.

Overall a good company if you can handle OTR and a driving partner.
over the road company
Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 12, 2017
good work environment.people are friendly and extremely helpful to new comers .no problem with training . was able to see america in the driver seat .
Not the best place
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 12, 2017
Not the best places to drive for take money from you hold pay the dm are sorry I work there for 8m and I hated every min of it they will help u get a cdl tho
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 10, 2017
It was a gateway to see the united states. Driving in an semitrailer is a very different experience than taking any other means of transportation. Being apart of this job was very fulfilling.
Stay away!!
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  CedarJanuary 8, 2017
Horrible company to work for. Run! Had to wait almost 2 weeks for a trainer just to have that trainer quit a week later. They were paying me $00.13/mile.
Pros
Cons
Low pay and low miles
Good
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 7, 2017
C.R.S.T is beginning of my career as truck driver. They were good to me of course, every job has its ups and downs and we managed through it. They are satisfied with my job performance as I am with theirs. I have a ticket to return I'm positive of and they have a ticket of approval to be my Employer. So everyone's Happy! It was time for me to explore the Trucking Market for Higher pay and at 52 more time with Family and Grandkids. So more local or regional benefits.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Co-drivers
Semi Truck Driving
Long Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 7, 2017
i guess if you like driving a semi. its ok, I drove for 8 months and didn't like it, due to the fact not a lot of home time. For being a beginer truck driver an alright company to work for.
Customers did not come first
Account Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 5, 2017
*Responsible for a specific customer accounts and all related functions to those accounts
*Quoted pricing for specific orders and special requests
*Ensured flawless adherence to customer critical success factors
Scheduled shipments, provided accurate pricing and tracked all orders
*Placed high daily volume of outbound phone calls and emails to advise customers of status and obtain information to complete moves effectively and efficiently
Pros
Cons
Lack of training. Management would say to build customer relationships, but didn't really mean it.
As of right now I'm being disappointed
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 3, 2017
I'm having to keep asking about my pay cause I'm not getting what I've earned it's always a problem with my pay.Im not happy working here cause of the money problems.
Pros
Good miles
Cons
Screws up your pay
no that great
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 3, 2017
did not like this company at all. Not at all the way they say they are in my opinion. not to degrade they just wasn't for me.im sure some people would like it there.
Pros
nice equipment
Cons
they lie
Over the Road
Over the road Trucker (Former Employee) –  IowaDecember 28, 2016
their dedicated routes with Caterpillar is the best. Only thing i didn't like the was route in some mountains. I would rather have better team driver that is more season.
Slow Work
Class A CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 28, 2016
You remain at the training center more than on the road. Always waiting on a driver to come in to catch a load going out. And the money that I make, I had to spend on food to survive the waiting period. And to help with that situation crst has a shuttle van that goes to Wal-Mart Supermarket just about evening and on the weekends.
It is what you make of it.
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IA 52404December 27, 2016
The company is built to abuse newcomers. However once you make it through a lengthy contract and low wages for the job it starts to pick up and will keep you busy. The company is willing to work with you within reason. It takes a year or more to get acquainted with the ins and outs of both the job and the company to become a relatively flexible position. Even with all that expect to be moving for at least a week to a month and be sure not to stop on weekends, nights or holidays, you will be sitting away from home, not getting paid. They say you'll make 50k a year, expect to make 15-20k the first year.
Pros
Can get easy experience with minimal expense
Cons
Low wage to start, downtime, away from home
Good Place to Start out
Class A OTR Co-Driver (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 27, 2016
CRST is a good place to work at if you dont mind being gone for a long time. As long as you make your loads on-time and you do your job you will make a good living.
Pros
Great Dispatch
Cons
Not enough hometime
Good schedual
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 27, 2016
they give you a summary of how long it will be but wont tell you in detail. unexplained parts of contracts. you get the trainging you need from a different source and not the company itself. they didnt let me choose my co-driver even though the contract said i could
Pros
Gain a cdl
Cons
unexplained parts and slow response
Not too bad
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 27, 2016
Personally I think they are too big for their own good . They didn't seem to care about their drivers. All it seemed like they cared about was the delivery and they didn't pay very well
Drove all over united states
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  IowaDecember 24, 2016
Drove 18 wheeler Delivered frozen food to many companies warehouse such as Walmart Target Travel all over the road seen a lot of different sites around the world
Pros
Could ask for an advance of money
Cons
Out for a month home for 5 days
better then most leases
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Trussville, ALDecember 20, 2016
they let you pick off their load board so you can get what you want, get home when you want. make as much money as you want. cheap trucks but they don't charge you an arm and leg for one
Good trucks
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 17, 2016
Always had the best equipment but way to big of a company. Your just another employee that's all. But they did train me and I finished out my contract
Shady company but great benefits
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 12, 2016
I wasn't too satisfied with the amount of confusion between dispatch and management. Other than that issue the only problems were some minor clerical errors that are expected with human employees. great schooling and great mentor program.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CRST Expedited. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7