CRST Expedited Employee Reviews

Starting company
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 23, 2017
This company uses drivers to fill seats and though they lead them to believe that they are helping them, they are taking with the other hand. I lived a year, on barely enough to feed myself - because they took so much out of my pay - which was not competitive in the least to other companies.
Pros
Learned the ropes
Cons
pay is low for this field
CRST is a very Professional and productive work place.
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 22, 2017
A productive and professional work environment with people who care. Very prompt when needed maintenance. They always put safty first. Easy to communicate with.
Pros
equipment was very good
Cons
Not enough Home time
Crst
Commercial truck driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 19, 2017
In regards to the job opportunity I had when I was employed with "CRST", while the position was saturate with older traditions and customs, it was still male dominated and sometimes restricting to the drivers (codrivers)
Pros
Travelling, and own boss
Cons
Being away from home, and physically demanding
A job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 19, 2017
OK place to work a lot of travel time awesome experience great benefits pay could be better for the risk u take daily over the road overall great career starter job
Get on the right team
Collections Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 18, 2017
You have to get on the right team to be paid well at CRST. A/P, A/R, recruiting pretty much any office spot that requires paperwork are high speed & have great powers internally but pay is entry level $15. Driver Managers and those related to that role start just fewer than 40K. Management is salary starting at 51k. There is nothing to hard at CRST other teams are friendly, management at least acknowledges your concerns & pretty flexible about how you manage your own time & personal life at work or if you need to flex some T/O that week. We lack culture they are memos and newsletters about how we should or want to act but nothing proactively is done.
making lots of money
Lease Operator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 17, 2017
I have been with them for about 10 months and i have no complaints and have been making awesome money training .. i have a very good driver manager . everything is just what i was told it was .
Pros
very good managment
Cons
too much work
Horrible
Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 9, 2017
CRST is a horrible company to work for. Dishonest and you will never get paid correctly. If you have a family, forget about supporting them or even getting to see them at all for the year they force you to stay in contract with them.
Good Company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 7, 2017
This company is good entry level unless you become a trainer then the pay is better. You wont make the money your work should earn you but you will have stable employment, stable runs, hometime, and a good place to get the experience and skills you need to break into the industry.
Pros
They pay for school
Cons
Low pay for the required work
It was very good place of work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  3530 Wilson Riverside California. TerminalApril 7, 2017
Doing pre-trip and post-trip inspection picking up and delivery loads on time. The most important thing I learnt on the road is safety. Management was pretty good. Work culture was good the hardest is the keep us running I like to run hard. I did not go through CRST training program
Pros
I paid for my meal
Cons
Not a good place to work
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  IllinoisApril 6, 2017
Its not a team place to work they tell you one thing and do another,your home time is a joke.they build your hope's up just to let you down....i wouldn't work for Crst for 2.00$ a mile....
Pros
Cons
Ur kidding
not fun
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 4, 2017
The company has you pick up loads and deliver them three days later and you do this for three weeks before you go home and you drive team. The dispachers are not very respectful at times
Pros
Cons
they make you drive team
Good place to start your career with no experience.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 1, 2017
Good place to start with little experience. all there terminals are lacking communication. they prices for stuff in the terminals is over prices and take advantage of their employees. breaking their contracts will put you in debt.
Pros
new trucks
Cons
bad managment
productive and fast paced environment
Headstart cook (Former Employee) –  Eagle Butte, SDMarch 28, 2017
they are awesome team to work with, working with children daily and make the meals interesting to the age group.. They are very organized and respectful to the students and families
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Did not enjoy working for this company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 27, 2017
Company told lies to get me and my coworker to Iowa to start training and working for them. Very unprofessional through out my time working for them. Pay rate was very low especially with all the money they would take out of paychecks for new drivers out of training. Company had little idea of where their empty trailers were. Company had poor communication with drivers and other staff members. Constantly messed up our home time.
Pros
Good CDL Training
Cons
Bad staffing, unprofessional, lies constantly, really low pay
I do not recommend
Assisted Husband as Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Kenly, NCMarch 21, 2017
While I was able to get my CDL through this company, the pay while I was there caused me to loose everything. I ended up homeless! The management/dispatchers were lousy. They didn't give the miles they said we would get, It was just not a good experience at all.
Not A good Company
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  IowaMarch 20, 2017
Not a good company to work for you have a family emergency they don't want you to see to it.and they will mess you out your money in a heart beat,Just not right to do
Pros
some great people
Cons
a rip off
So far they have been great
Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 19, 2017
Everyone here truly helps you out very friendly people they answer your questions they went out of there way helping me out so far am very happy working here
Pros
They even help you get your cdl
really good company to start off with as long as you're willing to actually work.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, ALMarch 13, 2017
If you really want to make money and start into the trucking life then this company will get you there. If you are serious about moving then they will move you. If you want to slack off then they will not move you.
Good company to work for when you're just starting out.
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 11, 2017
Good company for beginner drivers. They offer the opportunity to improve driving skills, route planning and navigation, communication through the quaalcom and drop yard skills. Great place to start!
Pros
learn skills necessary for professional truck driving
Cons
getting home time can get difficult at times
bad company
Driver trainer (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 7, 2017
The pay is low and they DO NOT maintain their equipment. They try and force you to drive when conditions are bad and threaten you with termination when you shut down when you have a 50 mph side wind.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CRST Expedited. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7