CRST Expedited Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
it was very fun
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 20, 2017
i learn how to driving in all kind or weather. i seen all the states the management help me a lot and was there for me.the workplace was a lot on hand on hand i like that .the hardest part was going to sleep scary i was going to miss something.i enjoyable it all everything .i would love to work for them again.
Overall I really enjoy being an Expert Transportation Specialist.
OTR Company Driver Trainer (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 18, 2017
I have been given opportunities to grow and receive training for career advancement. I really enjoy training others to become professional truck drivers.
Pros
I appreciate being acknowledged for my Expertise as a Professional Truck Driver
Cons
I would like to spend more time at home with my family.
Only want inexperienced drivers
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 30, 2017
Came over from another company with 1 1/2 years driving experience. Intended to run teams with a friend who got his CDL through CRST. After my first day of orientation I was told I'd only receive .35 cpm for 6-11 months experience. Was also told I'd be on a "probationary period" for a ticket I took to court and won. My motor vehicle record was clear. No violations. I tried to present them with a copy of my MVR , and a signed letter from the owner of my previous company stating I had 1 1/2 years experience. They didn't even want to see them. Just kept repeating they couldn't verify. I told them I left a job for .50 a mile to help my friend through his first year of trucking. All I wanted was the .38 cpm for the 12+ months of experience I had. And to not be on any type of probationary period for a dismissed ticket. They wouldn't work with me whatsoever. So I drove the 1200 miles back to NH from Iowa with my friend.
Not good
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 27, 2017
Learned alot only cause of my trainer,They make you drive your butt off.managment will fire you for a simple little reason.its hardest part is the lack of hometime.best part for a new driver is the 4 weeks with trainer.
Pros
learn to drive
Cons
no hometime
A good place to start
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 26, 2017
Your typical day will begin with a pre-trip inspection and then hit the road. If you don't yet have your load, you'll drive your truck and empty trailer to the shipper of your next assigned load. When you arrive at your load, you check in with the shipping office, drop your empty and hook to your load. You check your paperwork to make sure all is in order, inspect your load trailer to make sure it is road ready and the seal is intact. If all is in order, you head for your destination. After your mandatory break, you hit the road again and drive until you are running low on hours or reach your destination. Once you reach your destination, you check in with the receiving office and drop your trailer where instructed and hook onto an empty for the trip to your next load. This begins the cycle over again. Right after hire, this will be your typical routine. After a few weeks, you'll be assigned a team mate to share the truck and load and you'll trade off driving and sleeping to keep the load moving. Expect to be gone several weeks and home a couple of days before heading out again.
Pros
Good potential for lots of miles and decent pay.
Cons
Gone a lot (bad for quality time with family), issues with load assignments sometimes cause down time
Truck Driver
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 22, 2017
Complete travel plan, route and fueling. Determining how long it would take to complete the load delivery. Communicating closely with my Driver Manager and Co-Driver.
I learned that you must do research on the company prior to signing contracts. Talk to drivers already doing to job to know what to expect and if this is the company for you.
Management is not very professional and not very concerned about the drivers.
Workplace culture was not good, there were no standards nor ethics but high expectations.
The hardest part of the job was doing the work and not being compensated, receiving a paycheck with a negative dollar amount. Never have I worked for a company that would take your full paycheck.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people.
Pros
Low Pay $0.25 per mile
Cons
Some good people
Alright Starter company
Team Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 4, 2017
If you are looking to obtain your Class A CDL, CRST is a fair starter company to work for. This is not a local company. This company is team and OTR. You do receive full training and your contract with them is only 8 months. You don't pay anything to CRST. Your 8 month contract takes care of that. Downside of this company is you will have more downtime than you actually drive. It helps if you and your co-driver have Hazmat Endorsements. If so, you have the advancement to stay running because there are more Hazmat load available than that of on hazmat loads. However you are not paid a great deal. You start off with the lowest pay grade cpm. The miles are split between you and your co-driver, which determines how much you get paid a week.
other downside of this company is they do not get you home when they are supposed to! They tend to keep you out longer than need be. They do not take an immediate initiative to getting their drivers home on time as they should!
Don't do it
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAJuly 26, 2017
If you do stay for the 10 month contract and then get a better job look them up there are plenty out there that pay way more I left after 6 months now make 85,000 a year all they wanted was 6 months experience
culture
Driver Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 24, 2017
CRST is a fast passed company they are descent and have worked on improving their culture for all employees. My time at CRST I have gained recruiting knowledge and learned to be an independent worker.
terrible
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 20, 2017
fleet managers were very disrespectful. didnt like it at all. kinda put a bad taste in my mouth for truck driving being that it was my first driving job
Pros
sight seeing
Cons
rushed u back to work
bad pay for new drivers
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJuly 20, 2017
It was times I didnt have enough money to eat to survive on the road. Was doing alot of layovers and layover pay is not that good. I could of made more money staying home working mc donalds
work hard for barely a pay check
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 17, 2017
CRST does not pay nearly enough.
i did learn how to drive a truck
management was not the best
the food is disgusting
the hardest part was learning how to drive if you have never drove before
bad place to work
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  cider rapides iowaJuly 6, 2017
they breach your contract and still make u pay them back and u most of the time waiting on loads you are gone 28 days home 3 days that is they work and u got to put in wat days u want to be home and if your co driver lives in a different state you have to take turns on home time
Pros
they get your class a cdl quick
Cons
not good to there drivers
Great Beginner Company
Class A CDL Truck Driver HAZMAT (contractor) (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 26, 2017
Because I had a 3 year hiatus as a professional driver, CRST had a refresher course which was beneficial to both me and other motorists. The Driving School environment is excellent, and pay isn't horrible, considering you are paying for the schooling. Once schooling and on the job training is complete (1 year over the road). I suggest looking for a better paying employer. They do not expect any more from you, nor will they do anything to retain you.
Pros
Great first OTR employer, Conditions you for lifestyle
Cons
Poor pay, poor benefits, poor hometime
If you like being gone most of the time and you don't mind being alone, then job is for you.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 23, 2017
This job is okay if you enjoy being a way from home and being by yourself. The workplace culture involves to live a loner lifestyle. The most enjoyable part of the job is you get to travel cross the country.
Pros
Get to travel cross the country
Cons
Not alot of time off
team driver
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 12, 2017
met an awesome team trainer. showed me the ropes in driving as a team on the Eastern end of the U.S., and made a good friend. i got to see and experience new and exciting places and opportunities and became more effient in my duties as a driver.
Pros
driving a big rig
Cons
too long away from home
Steady Freight always had a good time on the road
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids IowaJune 8, 2017
I ran a dedicated route for CRST never had a problem the trucks were well-maintained I always had consistent Freight never had a problem with my paycheck. I fulfilled my contract and ask for more money and they would Dead Set against paying more money so if you don't mind driving with the partner it's a good business for a startup company
Pros
Steady Freight
Cons
Driving with a co-driver
Good company to work for with lots of work. The more work you want the more you will get
Team Driver (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 5, 2017
I learned to operate big rigs at their school. Newer trucks and trailor. You get to pick your team member. The more you deliver on time and request another load the better the load and money you can get. Other programs are available winter driving flat beds owner lease programs
Pros
Will compensate you for motel if truck breaks down
Cons
You can be away from your family for along time
Great place to get started
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 31, 2017
This is a great company to get started with. The first year doesn't pay well at all so expect to be poor. After that, if you want to make money, you definitely can.
an ok place to work
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 30, 2017
building has no windows. expect to work over 10 hrs a day. pay is fair. people are mostly friendly. breaks are discouraged. generally expected to eat lunch while working.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CRST Expedited. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6