CRST International

CRST International Employee Reviews

Training other drivers was exiciting
Semi Truck Driver / Trainer (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 3, 2015
Working at C.R.S.T. was very adventurous as my student and i would drive all over the country picking up and delivering trailer loads of various merchandise.
Pros
Having my personally assigned truck.
Cons
Some of my students did'nt like being away from home.
Long hours decent people beautiful scenery but not enough home time
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 12, 2015
Long never ending drive from job to job. I learned how to drive a class A vehicle with trailer in tow. My manager was a nice guy but he wasn't available the other leaders on duty were not the friendliest people and not fun to deal with. As for co-workers it was always hit and miss, some would be fun some I couldn't wait for the 28 days to end. Being on the road for 28 days or more and then only being home for 4 days. Most enjoyable part would be the sight seeing and being able to travel around the country.
CRST invests a lot of trust in their Drivers
Truck Driver/Trainer, Charlotte, NC (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 26, 2015
CRST seem to want it's Drivers to grow and retire with them. Upward mobility is available as they encourage Drivers to lease on with them as an Owner-Operator. If not, there are other opportunities to facilitate the needs of Drivers.
It's possible to achieve your dreams.
Owner Operator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, ArizonaMarch 29, 2015
Responsibilities
I project possible earning based on load pay, miles traveled, fuel economy, maintenance requirements, driver pay and fleet management. I started with CRST as a company driver and I agree with the majority of posts on here. You cannot pay your bills regularly as a company driver. I currently have 3 trucks in my personal fleet all leased onto CRST grossing me an annual income of over 300000 dollars. You can make this work, but it takes patience and it will not happen overnight. I employ 5 drivers and will be expanding again this year to 5 trucks and 9 drivers. The money is out there go get your slice of the pie. Just do everybody a favor and do it with a good head on your shoulders. I will retire by 40 and I still to this day have received 0 tickets and 0 csa points.
Pros
Hard work and dedication to you self and your Co driver is a MUST
Cons
Fleet managers have 0 road experience, poor maintenance.
Negative Enviroment
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 4, 2015
Not a recommended place to start your career unless you plan to enter as Management. Employees are not treated well and the pay is less than the industry standard.
CRST SUCKS
OTR DRIVER (Former Employee) –  CEDAR RAPIDSFebruary 27, 2015
Getting to orientation was the only thing that went well. CRST is the only company I have found that will rent the driver a car to get to the orientation site. That is the only positive I can say about CRST.
Get to the hotel that was provided by CRST in Oklahoma City and the hotel didn't know who I was so I had to wait for a room at 3 am in the morning after driving 12 hours to get to the hotel. The hotel had no heat or hot water to the building that housed the CRST orientation group/drivers. After 4 days of orientation I am then put in a rental car with another driver who is going to Cedar Rapids (CRST Corporate Headquarters) who thought it safe to drive 100 mph downtown OK City while texting! CRST was making him a lead driver!!! WHAT THE???? CRST thinks that is safe??? If he does that in a car I am positive he will do it in a truck with a student.
Pros
oklahoma city, ok safety department
Cons
everything about cedar rapids
The worst
Commercial Team Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Oklahama city, OKJanuary 6, 2015
Trucks were trash, management was aweful, it was team driving so that didn't go good.. Didn't learn anything.. Did not enjoy this job at all.
good
Driver, all states (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 23, 2014
schooling through them was good, tought me well. Recruiters very nice to work for. good maintance on their equitment.
Pros
good people
Cons
never regular home time
Unsatisfactory
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 11, 2014
A typical day at work would involve dealing with a co-driver/lead driver who was vulgar and treated me like an infant and refused to let me do anything without his supervision.
I learned the ins and outs of Pre Trip Inspections, Post Trip Inspections, docking at a receiving site, 45 degree back, 90 degree backing, driving a 10 speed manual and DOT regulations.

Management was poor. they only cared about miles and not about the drivers. They hardly ever paid what was owed.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with being a woman in a mainly male dominated field.That and being in the shop every other day due to poorly maintained tractors.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the driving...
Pros
driving
Cons
poorly maintained trucks
Billing Accounts
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 20, 2014
It was the same everyday checking the Billing screens for accuracy, my manager was great and I liked the co-workers as well.
Pros
the people in the department
Cons
same thing everyday
n/a
Billing Specialist-Customers Q-Z (Former Employee) –  cedar rapids iowaMay 29, 2014
data entry billing customers• Billed customers Q-Z for Logistic flatbed loads out of Malone.
• Workflow and edits performed on a daily basis
• Called Consignees and Customers for missing paperwork
• Looked over each document Bill of ladings and Rate Confirmations
• Billed each load to correct Accounts Receivable for each Consignee
• Corrected loads that Agents entered incorrectly
• Figured loads by weight or miles according to the rate confirmation contracts
• Updated Excel spreadsheet for account balances and credits
Apply Elsewhere!!
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 24, 2014
Please do not work for this company. I went to trucking school and got hired as a company driver. The pay sucks. If you have a family and real bills, don't apply. You have to fight for home time. If you have a family emergency and need to get home, dont count on CRST to care. You're better off working for McDonalds because your pay will look the same. Just please save yourself the headache and disappointment and apply for prime or swift.
Cons
everything!!
It a great job to start with
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Ceder RapidsFebruary 5, 2014
A great starter company. Thay give u miles.qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq
No Life outside of truck
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana,caJanuary 7, 2014
Low wages, this company will cheat your pay. Just don't fall for their empty promises.
Cons
away from home 4 weeks
Tough
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 6, 2013
Had to travel cross country with another driver, long hours, hard to sleep with tractor moving, had to keep accurate account of logs, fuel usage and miles traveled
Pros
pay/benefits
Cons
couldn't drive alone
Alot of sitting and waiting on loads
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAOctober 7, 2013
A lot of down time. Did not route us properly and very difficult to get to where we needed to be to deliver the load.
doesnt care about the driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 9, 2013
I wouldnt work for this company and dont recommend anyone else to work for them either.
Cons
dont want to pay reimbursements
Dishonest
Owner operator/ Student trainer (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 29, 2013
I was a Lease Purchase and student trainer, THe truck they gave me was in ill repair and was in the shop 10 days in a 21 day scope, and the problem was not fixed and when I owed them 1500 dollars at the end of a month I quit. Never was paid, and treated bad. I talked to several men who I knew from orintation and the same thing was happening to them.
Pros
lease purchase
Cons
bad trucks
I was unhappy working for this compny
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids IowaApril 19, 2013
Drove many hours to get from one destination to another within 48 states.
Pros
it was a great learning experience
Cons
the company lacks communication skills
Mundane cubicle lifestyle
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 29, 2013
The turnover rate at CRST is astounding. It is hard to believe that they can get anyone to stay with the company for a year. I worked as a Fleet Manager. It was a very unfulfilling, stressful, and awful place to work. The truck drivers get trained by the thousands every month because nobody stays for long.
Pros
401k
Cons
no breaks, tied to a desk, stuffy corperate atmosphere

2.2