CRST International

CRST International Employee Reviews

It's possible to achieve your dreams.
Owner Operator (Current Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Hard work and dedication to you self and your Co driver is a MUST
Cons: Fleet managers have 0 road experience, poor maintenance.
Responsibilities
I project possible earning based on load pay, miles traveled, fuel economy, maintenance requirements, driver pay and fleet management. I started with CRST as a company driver and I agree with the majority of posts on here. You cannot pay your bills regularly as a company driver. I currently have 3 trucks in my personal fleet all leased onto CRST grossing me an annual income of over 300000 dollars. You can make this work, but it takes patience and it will not happen overnight. I employ 5 drivers and will be expanding again this year to 5 trucks and 9 drivers. The money is out there go get your slice of the pie. Just do everybody a favor and do it with a good head on your shoulders. I will retire by 40 and I still to this day have received 0 tickets and 0 csa points.
Negative Enviroment
Fleet Manager (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 4, 2015
Not a recommended place to start your career unless you plan to enter as Management. Employees are not treated well and the pay is less than the industry standard.
CRST SUCKS
OTR DRIVER (Former Employee), CEDAR RAPIDSFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: oklahoma city, ok safety department
Cons: everything about cedar rapids
Getting to orientation was the only thing that went well. CRST is the only company I have found that will rent the driver a car to get to the orientation site. That is the only positive I can say about CRST.
Get to the hotel that was provided by CRST in Oklahoma City and the hotel didn't know who I was so I had to wait for a room at 3 am in the morning after driving 12 hours to get to the hotel. The hotel had no heat or hot water to the building that housed the CRST orientation group/drivers. After 4 days of orientation I am then put in a rental car with another driver who is going to Cedar Rapids (CRST Corporate Headquarters) who thought it safe to drive 100 mph downtown OK City while texting! CRST was making him a lead driver!!! WHAT THE???? CRST thinks that is safe??? If he does that in a car I am positive he will do it in a truck with a student.
The worst
Commercial Team Truck Driver (Former Employee), Oklahama city, OKJanuary 6, 2015
Trucks were trash, management was aweful, it was team driving so that didn't go good.. Didn't learn anything.. Did not enjoy this job at all.
good
Driver, all states (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IANovember 23, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: never regular home time
schooling through them was good, tought me well. Recruiters very nice to work for. good maintance on their equitment.
Unsatisfactory
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: driving
Cons: poorly maintained trucks
A typical day at work would involve dealing with a co-driver/lead driver who was vulgar and treated me like an infant and refused to let me do anything without his supervision.
I learned the ins and outs of Pre Trip Inspections, Post Trip Inspections, docking at a receiving site, 45 degree back, 90 degree backing, driving a 10 speed manual and DOT regulations.

Management was poor. they only cared about miles and not about the drivers. They hardly ever paid what was owed.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with being a woman in a mainly male dominated field.That and being in the shop every other day due to poorly maintained tractors.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the driving...
Billing Accounts
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJune 20, 2014
Pros: the people in the department
Cons: same thing everyday
It was the same everyday checking the Billing screens for accuracy, my manager was great and I liked the co-workers as well.
n/a
Billing Specialist-Customers Q-Z (Former Employee), cedar rapids iowaMay 29, 2014
data entry billing customers• Billed customers Q-Z for Logistic flatbed loads out of Malone.
• Workflow and edits performed on a daily basis
• Called Consignees and Customers for missing paperwork
• Looked over each document Bill of ladings and Rate Confirmations
• Billed each load to correct Accounts Receivable for each Consignee
• Corrected loads that Agents entered incorrectly
• Figured loads by weight or miles according to the rate confirmation contracts
• Updated Excel spreadsheet for account balances and credits
Apply Elsewhere!!
Company Driver (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAApril 24, 2014
Cons: everything!!
Please do not work for this company. I went to trucking school and got hired as a company driver. The pay sucks. If you have a family and real bills, don't apply. You have to fight for home time. If you have a family emergency and need to get home, dont count on CRST to care. You're better off working for McDonalds because your pay will look the same. Just please save yourself the headache and disappointment and apply for prime or swift.
It a great job to start with
Commercial Driver (Former Employee), Ceder RapidsFebruary 5, 2014
A great starter company. Thay give u miles.qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq
No Life outside of truck
Driver (Former Employee), Fontana,caJanuary 7, 2014
Cons: away from home 4 weeks
Low wages, this company will cheat your pay. Just don't fall for their empty promises.
Tough
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IANovember 6, 2013
Pros: pay/benefits
Cons: couldn't drive alone
Had to travel cross country with another driver, long hours, hard to sleep with tractor moving, had to keep accurate account of logs, fuel usage and miles traveled
Alot of sitting and waiting on loads
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Fontana, CAOctober 7, 2013
A lot of down time. Did not route us properly and very difficult to get to where we needed to be to deliver the load.
doesnt care about the driver
Driver (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMay 9, 2013
Cons: dont want to pay reimbursements
I wouldnt work for this company and dont recommend anyone else to work for them either.
Dishonest
Owner operator/ Student trainer (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAApril 29, 2013
Pros: lease purchase
Cons: bad trucks
I was a Lease Purchase and student trainer, THe truck they gave me was in ill repair and was in the shop 10 days in a 21 day scope, and the problem was not fixed and when I owed them 1500 dollars at the end of a month I quit. Never was paid, and treated bad. I talked to several men who I knew from orintation and the same thing was happening to them.
I was unhappy working for this compny
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids IowaApril 19, 2013
Pros: it was a great learning experience
Cons: the company lacks communication skills
Drove many hours to get from one destination to another within 48 states.
Mundane cubicle lifestyle
Fleet Manager (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 29, 2013
Pros: 401k
Cons: no breaks, tied to a desk, stuffy corperate atmosphere
The turnover rate at CRST is astounding. It is hard to believe that they can get anyone to stay with the company for a year. I worked as a Fleet Manager. It was a very unfulfilling, stressful, and awful place to work. The truck drivers get trained by the thousands every month because nobody stays for long.
Dont let them fool you
Driver (Former Employee), cedar rapids iowaMarch 27, 2013
The recruiter will tell you almost anything to get you to sign on with them. Your lucky if you can make enough to feed yourself let alone send money home. And don't forget, when they say .22cpm, it is SPLIT! You are really getting 11 cpm. If I could do it over I would have just got a loan to take the truck driving school myself
Fun place to work
Billing Analyst (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 11, 2013
This was a very rewarding job. I loved the relationships I built with my customers.
a lot of miles
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 17, 2012
Pros: home every week
Cons: bad taining of new drivers
ok comp to work for.needs better dispatchers and management, more respect for the drivers

About CRST International

CRST has been a successful family-owned business since 1955. What started out as a small operation has grown over the years into – Read more

CRST International Salaries