CRST Malone, Inc. Employee Reviews

They kept money
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Statesville, ALNovember 16, 2017
The freight paid little money , I was a lease operator
And at the end of the day they would ask for favors and would never return one and when the driver picked a load it was a problem
Pros
Cons
Tricks
Ok Place to Lease on to
Truck Driver /Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Trussville, ALJuly 24, 2017
Overall It was a alright place to Lease on to. I was Leased on to Malone for more than 2 years. I did bring home decent money, But you have to know which dispatchers to call, the company prefers you to haul steel out of there home are. But if you find other agents to call you will be better off. Management was alright but could be more organized! I would not recommend because of this!
owner operator company
owner/operator self employed (Former Employee) –  Trussville, ALApril 4, 2016
The money was good but I purchased the wrong type of trailer and had to move truck to company to benefit me. All in all its an o.k. company to start as owner operator.
Not a good place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 27, 2016
I was told that I would be able to make money as well as buy my own truck. This was all not true as I got my paystub each week for five weeks it was always negative due to all the deuctions, such as truck payment, trailer rent, insurance, etc.
Pros
Get to see the country
Cons
No pay or very low pay
great company but poor hometime
Independent contractor (Current Employee) –  OTRNovember 6, 2015
With the exception of the lease program and the amount of hometime it is an excellent company to work for. The income potential is very good.
Pros
income
Cons
lease program and hometime
High Stakes
Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  Trussville, ALOctober 26, 2015
Middle management is aloof, they sit on conference calls with senior management for hours on end, unable, and unwilling to assist with driver issues or needs.

The company will hire any driver with a heartbeat and a CDL and it is your job to make them suitable to run their own business.

Charts, graphs and other meaningless utilization figures are thrown at you at a rapid pace from upper management, the majority of which have never ran a truck or even dispatched one, so they have no reference of what someone should do, just what they have been told by their superior is the right 'numbers to hit'.

The entire company goes through sporadic 'culture changes' and after 2 weeks they go away.

I've heard of Fleet Managers making $50k a year, I'm not there and I've been here for over 4 years.

They do not care about a home life. work life balance. Stay until the job is done.
Pros
It pays ok
Cons
terrible management
breach their own contract
lease contracter (Former Employee) –  oklahomaSeptember 9, 2015
They stole my last check and won't give it to me they also BREACHED it when I first started working there bu not telling me anything when my truck was broken down. They won't even show where the maintenance accounts was used.
Driver Placement (Former Employee) –  Trussville AlabamaAugust 28, 2015
I enjoyed my time at CRST. I had no complaints with any of my co workers or management. I only left to go back into the medical field.
good
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 19, 2015
Good company to work for learned to search for my own loads tarp and secure loads would recommend to others. The hardest part were having big loads and having to tarp alone, but other truckers are a big help when avaliable. My co workers were very nice with information.
Not worth it
Lease Operator/Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AlFebruary 9, 2015
The company aint worth it they are crooks and rob ya blind the equipment is all junk not worth the headache you will never own the truck and the freight is cheap
good place to work
lease purchase driver, self employed (Former Employee) –  Rockport, INNovember 21, 2014
pay based loads that depending on location not really worth the time....great company, needs some improvements on communications....
Pros
self paced
Cons
pay per load
O/o
O/O Driver, Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 23, 2014
Drive my truck to haul loads for CRST Malone. Had to dispatch my own loads.
Worst company in the country for lease purchase.
Independant Contractor (Former Employee) –  Rockport, INJuly 25, 2014
They pay every week but not all of your loads. Then you have to call over and over and over just to get those loads paid out. They give a sign on bonus the first load hauled then take it back the second week. They try to advance a dollar per mile til you make it clear not to. They feed you a line and try to make you feel great about it. They lie about load areas and much more. I spent close to $700 dead heading my last week. I lost out on alot of potential revenue. I pulled the plug four weeks in. I DO NOT RECOMMEND YOU EVER LEASEING FROM THIS COMPANY! EVER!
Pros
Cons
everything about them.
lie cheat almost steal
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Trussville, ALJuly 3, 2014
They are the most unorganized company I have ever seen. They charge you for everything. I have had agents even lie to me.
Pros
Cons
everything
wonderful trucking company
lease to purchace/owner operator (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 18, 2014
I loved working for CRST Malone. its a great company to be with in the trucking industry for the simple reason you have 95% of the control of your own destiny. basically you are your own boss.
Pros
good money, freedom, free to rome the whole UNITED STATES
Cons
not enough home time
productive place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Rockport, INApril 11, 2014
The hardest part of this job is not hurting someone that's very disrespectful
otr flatbed driver
Driver (Current Employee) –  Trussville, ALDecember 14, 2013
Drive all 48 states.out for 2 or more weeks at a time.the hardest thing is to tarp when the wind is blowing.
Great for a single person
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Eldridge, IADecember 14, 2013
You're not turnin' you're not earnin'. It's really as simple as that. As long as your paperwork is turned in promptly you'll be fine.
Fast pace and professional environment
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ALSeptember 5, 2013
•Collect, compile and enter payroll data using appropriate software

•Review and verify source documents

•Process payroll by established deadlines

•Issue statements of earnings and deductions, as well as, reconcile employee deductions

•Update payroll records by recording changes including insurance coverage, loan payments, salary increases

•Prepare and print payroll reports of earnings, hours worked, taxes, insurance

•Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations and guidelines
Pros
Great company to work with, positive attitudes
Low Budget Type area, very low rating score
Owner Operator Flat Bed Division (Former Employee) –  birmingham,AlAugust 30, 2013
Its a company that is all for self, I was let go because of one set belt ticket. I felt that was a warning case but they thought other wise. My record was 100% clean before this seat belt ticket. But they dicided I wasn't good enough to be there anymore. I was completely blind sided by this. Gene is a recruiter there, and he one of the most honest guys I ever met. He's straight up and will let you know, what is what.
Pros
none free bee's
Cons
you can take off when u like to as long as you like to.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CRST Malone, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9