CRST Van Expedited

CRST Van Expedited Employer Reviews

Lots of work to be had driving long hours as a team
Transportation/ Delivery Specialist (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 13, 2014
While you drive your team member sleeps in the cab. When he drives you sleep in the cab. Team driving was not for me, but there is good money to be made as a team. More long hauls are givin to team drivers.
Drivers are a dime a dozen
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: hires drivers with little or no experience
Cons: no concern for their drivers
They were good to get started in the trucking business but have no concern for their drivers. My trainer was great but can't say that for all.
OTR is a rough lifestyle
Long Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: entry level awesome
Cons: life on the road is hard
CRST was great at bringing in and training new student drivers. Long hours, long miles, keep you busy.

Starting pay for student drivers is minimal. After some experience, you have the opportunity to start making a living.
company needs a lot to improve
Company Truck Driver (Current Employee), Riverside, CAJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: great initial foot on the industry
Cons: no comments
company has good intentions to help truckers begginers but thats about it a start out company!!!
Challenging but rewarding
Driver Recruiter (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: interaction with drivers and learning dot regulations.
Cons: differences in pay and benefits from peer to peer.
A lot of repeatative tasks that would occassionally change depending on the canidate working with. Truck Drivers are a very interesting group to work with.
OTR Driver
OTR (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids IADecember 31, 2013
Pros: see the country, decent pay
Cons: very little hometime
Easy job. It's over the road so you have no life. Management was good only if you were assigned to them. If I didn't have a family I'd still be there
Don't get held hostage and left on the street
Driver (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 5, 2013
Cons: everything
Bad company. They set me up with ran down trucks and expected me to live in them. When I wanted assistance getting back home, they refused and I was out on my own in an unfamiliar city and state in the snow. I heard they did other trainees even worse. Beware of this one!
Good Starter Company
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 17, 2013
Pros: good fleet managers
Cons: low pay and beat up equipment
If you are just starting or need a way to obtain your CDL-A this is a decent place to do it.

Fleet Managers are awesome.
Cross Country Truck Driver (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 16, 2013
•Safely and defensively operated 53 ft, 18 wheel trucks with a partner and sometimes alone for two to three weeks per job, approximately 8 to 12 hours daily
•Maintained a clean and safe vehicle, as well as safe conditions in compliance with company and highway regulations
•Successfully transported supplies and materials to various locations to various – more... locations within the United States
•Demonstrated an ability to navigate the open roads, high ways and city traffic
•Maintained trip logs daily reflecting distances traveled and customer locations
•Demonstrated a high level of energy and stamina for heavy lifting and driving in all types of weather conditions – less
THE WORST POSSIBLE TRUCKING COMPANY TO WORK FOR!!
TRUCK DRIVER (Current Employee), RIVERSIDE CASeptember 28, 2013
Pros: absolutely none
Cons: too many to list here
Where do I start.. never in the history of companies have I ever seen such a greedy, dishonest, non-caring, deceitful corporate environment. If they are not busy lying to you and cheating you out of your pay, they make all kinds of false claims about earning potential and miles. You work your butt off only to receive pay so low, it places you in the – more... lowest part of the poverty scale.

They are a mill. Every week a fresh new crop of victims from their sham truck driving school. They provide no benefits for you and your family until after 6 months..HALF A YEAR.. of employment which very few who start ever reach. You do not make anywhere near industry rate of pay until near the end of a 8 month contract for slave labor. PEOPLE..AT ALL COST..STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY..YOU WILL REGRET IT TREMENDOUSLY IF YOU WORK FOR THEM!!! – less
Team driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 9, 2013
Pros: seeing the country.
Cons: team driving
I was a team driver. I learned how to drive. I didn't deal with management much. My co-workers were okay. The hardest part of the job was trying to sleep while other driver was driving. The most enjoyable part was seeing the country.
no job security
Driver Recruiter (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJune 10, 2013
management does not treat the employees well. Your just a number.
no productivity and no fun
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJune 8, 2013
shady company money its not great shady equipment never home on time
Non organized company
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 28, 2013
Never received calls back
Pay was very low
Pay was not received when load was delivered.
Bad
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 22, 2013
I have nothing good to say about this company, they treat the drivers like less than humans.
going over 48 states traveling
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Fontana, CAJanuary 16, 2013
If you like to Travel its agreat oppurtunity especially for a yon person who is euastic
fun but nerv racking at times
Truck Driver (Former Employee), IAJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: all ways had money
this job was fun but i worked long hours i was a team opertor the hardest part of the job was finding a good co driver
Good Company with many working pieces
Sales/Customer Service/Equipment Control (Former Employee), Hidalgo, TXDecember 2, 2012
Pros: great lunches & dinners along with travel
Cons: flow of communication is sometimes slow
Review daily inventory of empty trailers and tracking shipments until loads were delivered to the final consignee. My previous work was with a fleet of 400 trucks, this company has 2300 trucks. It was a good learning experience on how the company moves on a bigger scale. Management is very on hands on the day to day operation and accessible to approach – more... for any concerns. Over all I found myself working with very good and knowledgeable people. The hardest part of the job was the outdated software they use to create and update shipments. I enjoyed the freedom you are allowed to work, very independent oriented. – less

SHEE – March 1, 2013

Do they have woman drivers also? And if they do, what is the teamwork experience for them? Do you know? Any real heavy lifting or just pushing loads. Thank you!

Had good equipment
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 4, 2012
Pros: seeing the country from coast to coast
Cons: being in a truck stop without a load and unable to be home.
This company made it possible to drive truck by providing driving school.

I drove with a co-driver. we took turns driving and was able to get to our destinations with little stopping. This made it so we could make more money.
It's good company to start with if you are into driving teams
Driver (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 23, 2012
It was ok. Just couldn't do the team driving. I leaned how to drive a tractor trailer safely.

About CRST Van Expedited

CRST Expedited (formerly CRST Van Expedited) is in it for the long haul. The truckload carrier, a subsidiary of CRST International, – Read more

CRST Van Expedited Photos