CRST

CRST Employer Reviews

Great Work Place
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Fontana, CAMarch 19, 2015
Drove truck driving cross country. This job was an enjoyable job because you got to travel. I learned many different things daily.
Sucks
Truck driver (Current Employee), Riverside, CAMarch 10, 2015
Pros: travel the united states
Cons: on the road months at a time, and just about everything else too
I try to be optimistic about my jobs even when they aren't that great but, CRST is a horrible place to work. the pay sucks and advancement takes forever. they seem so proud when they say stuff like if you have your hazmat you can make 7 cents extra, and within 10 years you can be making up to 40 cents a mile. there are places that start you off at $1.00 a mile. that way for OTR drivers you can take care of your family. not CRST though. on top of the sucky pay my dispatch sucks. he has anger issues. he even got written up a couple times for it. i have no idea how he still works there. the benefits are a joke. they cost just about the same as you make in a week. i had their health, dental and visual. i ended up with a 44 dollar check after driving from CA. to PA. my advise, if you can servive the 10 month contract then go for it. only because they help you get all your certification.
Great company to start as a CDL Class A Driver
OTR CDL CLASS A DRIVER (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 5, 2015
Pros: good food, nice weather in some states
Cons: low pay, not getting to home time when requested
Worked as an OTR driving thru all states delivering freight, learned a lot on driving safety and fleet managers are wonderful people, the hardest part of the work was driving in bad weather conditions, pay could be a little better, most enjoying is getting to know all states and different foods.
poor company
Driver Class A (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 22, 2015
Cons: low pay no time off
poor company lousy pay promise lots of miles and good pay but don't give you miles or pay for your time hardly any home time always on the road and not moving siting and waiting and not getting paid
Find Another Place (Have a Lawyer on Standby)
Driver (Former Employee), Cedar RapidsFebruary 5, 2015
If you are getting recruited to this company. The recruiters will not be up front with you about most of the information. All they want to do is make a profit off of you. Hands down! That's it! They do not care as much about getting you hired as they do having enough people there to do what they want. It's not about an opportunity for you. It's all about them. The place where they house most of the new hires is in bad condition and unhealthy. Many people get sick their first week there or get bitten a lot by bed bugs. So think about it. Is that investing in people? Nope. That's making a buck and not giving a "you know what."
Also, they will take things out on other people that are getting hired by them; people you know or care for if you say something to CRST about ill mode of operation. I found that out the hard way.
Very enjoyable occupation
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Cedart Rapids IAJanuary 31, 2015
Very great career for seeing the country . Delivering in California on day and three days later be on the east coast. Learned how to drive an 18 wheeler delivering freight all across the country
a good company to get u n the field of trucking
driver (Current Employee), Iowa City, IAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: always a load
Cons: no home time
well my review on this is its a ok company I think the pay suck when you under contract. I think they should offer better pay so the turn over rate wont be so high. this company gave me a chance and I love that about CRST
Interesting place to work. Very high stress level. Many grouchy people.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: cafeteria in building
Cons: hard to take a break so busy. long work day sitting.
A typical day was being trapped at your desk answering over 75+ phone calls a day and being responsible to answering STI online mailbox as the inquiries popped up. High stress environment.
CRST pros and cons
driver (Current Employee), cedar rapids,January 12, 2015
I work for CRST at the moment. I love my fleet manager, he's the greatest. I have no real complaints about the company other then their opt idle on the trucks. It's no wonder they have so many accidents caused by driver fatigue. It gets so hot in the sleeper before the opt idle turns the truck back on, you can't get any rest. I especially feel sorry for anyone using the top bunk It gets like an oven up there. I bet none of the executives set their air conditioning at 80° in their homes, why should we in ours? In the winter, it gets so cold, you can see your breath. My co-driver and I are constantly battling colds.
I love this company and my job, but this freezing in the winter and roasting in the summer is for the birds.
The other big complaint is idle management. It is about the most unsafe feature I've ever encountered in my life. The truck shuts down after idling for 5 minutes. So, if you're stuck in traffic and don't keep hitting your accelerator, the truck dies. This is a major problem if you're on a hill, in traffic and have to keep on foot on the break, one on the clutch, that leaves you one foot short for hitting the accelerator. Very dangerous if you ask me.
GOOD COMPANY
Truck Driver/Delivery (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 2, 2015
HAD NO PROBLEM WITH COMPANY WAS PAID FOR EVERY JOB.TEAM MANAGER WAS VERY GOOD,HAD TO MUCH TROUBLE WITH TRUCKS BROKE DOWN TO MANY TIMES,SPENT TO MANY DAYS IN HOTEL ROOMS.COMPANY WAS VERY GOOD AT GETTING YOU HOME ON TINE.ANY MAINTAINCE NEEDED ON TRUCK WAS DONE FAST
Great company
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IADecember 23, 2014
drive for 10 hours between a total of 3 to 4 staes a day making drop off dfeliveries and pick ups.
CRST made false promises
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IADecember 13, 2014
I did not enjoy this job. We were asked to pick a team driver and when I did we were told we couldn't team. CRST kept me out 6 months over the road, I had no contract with CRST and they keep trying to collect money.
Not Worth the salary
VRT- Breakdown Department (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IADecember 12, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: they try to work you like a dog...
They try to turn the crews to ALL employees.
Not worth the pressure.Not worth arguing with upper management.
HR department here decides to not pay you for 3 or 4 months...your problem.
I ran into MANY people in the head office with the same problem.
interesting, learned a lot
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 12, 2014
Pros: got to drive which i love doing....
Cons: hard to us restroom in bucket, no pay if wheels aren't turning...lots of waiting with no pay
I felt that the company did not care about the drivers. Example we had to wait all day at Amazon for load...We got there first thing in morning and was the last to leave....We didn't have any where to use the restroom...I complained and said that Amazon makes lots of money and if asked we could have a portable toilet for us ....I had to knock on an office door to go and do my morning routine. They did not appreicate how many hours we stayed in truck...4 weeks to long not to have off time....
It was a great place to work
Driver (Former Employee), McCook, ILOctober 26, 2014
The company just recently got there contact remove left all the local driver without a job
CRST is a no nonsense company that demand professionalims.
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 24, 2014
Pros: bonuses and driver appreciation events.
Cons: not enough home time.
CRST has afforded me with a career. It is fun, exciting and adventurous.
CRST international Corp.
Trucking=Truck Driver (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 22, 2014
The company is in cedar rapids, IA. They are a trucking school and company. They drive from city to city and state to state. Driving to the company's with load and other company's to dropped loads and grab a empty trailers
The good part, was that I had the chance to cross the country.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Fontana, CAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: travel that was nice.
Cons: not enough time to sleep.
This particular job was driving over the road, lengthily time on the wheel, my dispatcher have no interest on help me when I ask him to send me home, so he keep me over the road most of the time.
Plenty of work
Local Truck Driver (Current Employee), McCook, ILSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: friendly drivers, plenty of loads to run
Cons: missing bills (no paper work) customers dont know what your bringing
All in all an ok place to work. The other drivers on this account are easy to get along with and when needed will lend a hand to help you out.
Worst trucking company ever!!!
OTR Driver (Current Employee), Tampa, FloridaSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: none!!
Cons: everything!!
Please reconsider if you're considering going to this company! I started trucking in 1998 for three years for several different companies. I decided to get back into trucking and CRST offered me to come on with a refresher course. They lied and told me they would cover my bus ticket, meals and lodging. The meals were a joke! The bus ticket and lodging will be deducted from your pay, that is not them covering it that is them loaning me the money for them! They don't pay any money during training or orientation. Their rooms at the training center in Iowa have bed bugs! I went to kirkwood community college to take the two week refresher. Everyone their was great! I can't complain about them. Then 3 days for orientation and waited 3 days for a trainer. So three weeks of my life without any pay. They charge you $50 for your drug test and $50 for your physical. Other companies pay for these out of their own pockets. Other companies also actually pay for your transportation, hotel, and orientation. Not this company!! They are so cheap!! They don't pay anything! You have to run yourself completely ragged just to make anything and even then it's just ok money! With the reductions they take out of your pay I had one paycheck that was $19 and another one was $44! The average I made a week was about $300 - $400. Then they put you with a complete stranger and they hire anyone!! My trainer was ok. But my first co-driver was psycho and had a horrible temper!! When he threatened me that was enough for me. I am currently waiting to pick up a new co-driver we will see how that goes. My fleet – more... manager is good! The night and weekend dispatch is completely useless!! You will sit on hold forever and they will never do anything! I had to sign an 8 month contract otherwise I have to pay them back $4000. I'm really considering leaving and just paying them back, that's how much I hate it here! I'm broke, tired and stressed all the time. You have to stay out 4 weeks and get 4 days off so if you're looking to get home more forget it! If you notice that most of the good reviews on here are from previous drivers. Obviously it's not that great if you decided to leave. Their turnover rate is huge!!! It is a revolving door at the Iowa training center. They screwed over five people that I befriended while I was there. They all ended up going to other companies. Anyway just please research it before you do it! If I would have known all of this before I went there I would t have! – less

1 2 3 4 5

About CRST

CRST Logistics helps clients make a logical move. The company specializes in providing freight transportation management services. A – Read more

CRST Salaries