CRST

CRST Employee Reviews

Dispatch isn't that great, people you meet are sometimes fun
Truck Driver (Current Employee), riverside,caMay 19, 2015
Pros: Travel the country for free, meet nice people
Cons: Dispatch is unprofessional, pay isn't enough to survive
A typical day at CRST... pre-trip the truck, waiting and hoping you get a load if you're not on one. Daily e-logs about safety and time management, if you don't get a load you're sitting for days waiting to get one while not getting paid for it.

What I've learned while working for CRST,... they helped me get my Class A, I learned that what the dispatcher says isn't always accurate, I learned how to live on the road, I learned how e-logs work, and I learned how to navigate.

Management for CRST is horrible. If they make a mistake they will sometimes blame you for their mistake. It's better to save messages for proof, sometimes they will blame you for something your partner did. If you have a good dispatcher they will answer back quickly on the Qualcomm. On the other hand if you have a dispatcher, it will take up to a day to get a response.

My co-workers...some are gang members, some of them you can't understand due to them having a really thick accent, some are nice and will work with you and walk you through things you may not understand. If you're having trouble with the truck every so often they will lend a helping hand but the others are lazy. They will not get out of bed to help. It's best to find a co-worker you get along with or your experience with CRST will not be a pleasant one.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with unprofessional dispatchers and co-workers, along with some unexpected weather changes. It's also difficult being gone from my family for long periods of time. I miss important things.

The most enjoyable part of the job is I get to travel across the country and got to meet some interesting people. I got try new foods in different states and I got to see some nice scenery.
very unorganized company
Company Driver (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMay 14, 2015
Pros: free cdl school as long as you complete a 10 month contract.
Cons: pay, managment, hometime
management is very unorganized can never get a straight answer for even a simple question. benefit's aren't great either. start out pay as a new student is .25 cents per mile with 6 months experience you will be looking at .33 cents per mile. when you request home time don't count on getting home when you request it. I live in Florida and my driver manager always got me home at least a week late.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Irving, TXMay 4, 2015
 Answer telephones and take messages or, if needed, relay the call to someone else
 Sort, distribute, process incoming and outgoing correspondence
 Handle all correspondence (letters, memos, proposals, reports, presentations)
 Generate various reports, graphs, tables, and presentations for General Manager
 Schedule meetings and do necessary follow up to make sure they are kept and are on time
 Maintain company contracts and filing systems.
 Make reservations / accommodations for conferences, conventions, and seminars
Low miles, Forced dispatch, no choice in co-driver.
Driver (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAApril 7, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: bad equipment and worse people to work with.
Truck constantly broke down, never fixed properly. Lazy co-driver I was forced to take. Never got home when home time was due. Super low pay for long miles. Management and dispatchers are incompetent, and don't have any idea what the drivers go through every day.
Had alot of moments
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 23, 2015
Had a lot of moments here at this company but needless to say this is where I got started at. Was able to learn things still over all.
Great Work Place
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Fontana, CAMarch 19, 2015
Drove truck driving cross country. This job was an enjoyable job because you got to travel. I learned many different things daily.
Sucks
Truck driver (Current Employee), Riverside, CAMarch 10, 2015
Pros: travel the united states
Cons: on the road months at a time, and just about everything else too
I try to be optimistic about my jobs even when they aren't that great but, CRST is a horrible place to work. the pay sucks and advancement takes forever. they seem so proud when they say stuff like if you have your hazmat you can make 7 cents extra, and within 10 years you can be making up to 40 cents a mile. there are places that start you off at $1.00 a mile. that way for OTR drivers you can take care of your family. not CRST though. on top of the sucky pay my dispatch sucks. he has anger issues. he even got written up a couple times for it. i have no idea how he still works there. the benefits are a joke. they cost just about the same as you make in a week. i had their health, dental and visual. i ended up with a 44 dollar check after driving from CA. to PA. my advise, if you can servive the 10 month contract then go for it. only because they help you get all your certification.
Great company to start as a CDL Class A Driver
OTR CDL CLASS A DRIVER (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 5, 2015
Pros: good food, nice weather in some states
Cons: low pay, not getting to home time when requested
Worked as an OTR driving thru all states delivering freight, learned a lot on driving safety and fleet managers are wonderful people, the hardest part of the work was driving in bad weather conditions, pay could be a little better, most enjoying is getting to know all states and different foods.
poor company
Driver Class A (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 22, 2015
Cons: low pay no time off
poor company lousy pay promise lots of miles and good pay but don't give you miles or pay for your time hardly any home time always on the road and not moving siting and waiting and not getting paid
Find Another Place (Have a Lawyer on Standby)
Driver (Former Employee), Cedar RapidsFebruary 5, 2015
If you are getting recruited to this company. The recruiters will not be up front with you about most of the information. All they want to do is make a profit off of you. Hands down! That's it! They do not care as much about getting you hired as they do having enough people there to do what they want. It's not about an opportunity for you. It's all about them. The place where they house most of the new hires is in bad condition and unhealthy. Many people get sick their first week there or get bitten a lot by bed bugs. So think about it. Is that investing in people? Nope. That's making a buck and not giving a "you know what."
Also, they will take things out on other people that are getting hired by them; people you know or care for if you say something to CRST about ill mode of operation. I found that out the hard way.
Very enjoyable occupation
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Cedart Rapids IAJanuary 31, 2015
Very great career for seeing the country . Delivering in California on day and three days later be on the east coast. Learned how to drive an 18 wheeler delivering freight all across the country
a good company to get u n the field of trucking
driver (Current Employee), Iowa City, IAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: always a load
Cons: no home time
well my review on this is its a ok company I think the pay suck when you under contract. I think they should offer better pay so the turn over rate wont be so high. this company gave me a chance and I love that about CRST
Interesting place to work. Very high stress level. Many grouchy people.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: cafeteria in building
Cons: hard to take a break so busy. long work day sitting.
A typical day was being trapped at your desk answering over 75+ phone calls a day and being responsible to answering STI online mailbox as the inquiries popped up. High stress environment.
CRST pros and cons
driver (Current Employee), cedar rapids,January 12, 2015
I work for CRST at the moment. I love my fleet manager, he's the greatest. I have no real complaints about the company other then their opt idle on the trucks. It's no wonder they have so many accidents caused by driver fatigue. It gets so hot in the sleeper before the opt idle turns the truck back on, you can't get any rest. I especially feel sorry for anyone using the top bunk It gets like an oven up there. I bet none of the executives set their air conditioning at 80° in their homes, why should we in ours? In the winter, it gets so cold, you can see your breath. My co-driver and I are constantly battling colds.
I love this company and my job, but this freezing in the winter and roasting in the summer is for the birds.
The other big complaint is idle management. It is about the most unsafe feature I've ever encountered in my life. The truck shuts down after idling for 5 minutes. So, if you're stuck in traffic and don't keep hitting your accelerator, the truck dies. This is a major problem if you're on a hill, in traffic and have to keep on foot on the break, one on the clutch, that leaves you one foot short for hitting the accelerator. Very dangerous if you ask me.
GOOD COMPANY
Truck Driver/Delivery (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 2, 2015
HAD NO PROBLEM WITH COMPANY WAS PAID FOR EVERY JOB.TEAM MANAGER WAS VERY GOOD,HAD TO MUCH TROUBLE WITH TRUCKS BROKE DOWN TO MANY TIMES,SPENT TO MANY DAYS IN HOTEL ROOMS.COMPANY WAS VERY GOOD AT GETTING YOU HOME ON TINE.ANY MAINTAINCE NEEDED ON TRUCK WAS DONE FAST
Great company
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IADecember 23, 2014
drive for 10 hours between a total of 3 to 4 staes a day making drop off dfeliveries and pick ups.
CRST made false promises
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IADecember 13, 2014
I did not enjoy this job. We were asked to pick a team driver and when I did we were told we couldn't team. CRST kept me out 6 months over the road, I had no contract with CRST and they keep trying to collect money.
Not Worth the salary
VRT- Breakdown Department (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IADecember 12, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: they try to work you like a dog...
They try to turn the crews to ALL employees.
Not worth the pressure.Not worth arguing with upper management.
HR department here decides to not pay you for 3 or 4 months...your problem.
I ran into MANY people in the head office with the same problem.
interesting, learned a lot
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 12, 2014
Pros: got to drive which i love doing....
Cons: hard to us restroom in bucket, no pay if wheels aren't turning...lots of waiting with no pay
I felt that the company did not care about the drivers. Example we had to wait all day at Amazon for load...We got there first thing in morning and was the last to leave....We didn't have any where to use the restroom...I complained and said that Amazon makes lots of money and if asked we could have a portable toilet for us ....I had to knock on an office door to go and do my morning routine. They did not appreicate how many hours we stayed in truck...4 weeks to long not to have off time....
It was a great place to work
Driver (Former Employee), McCook, ILOctober 26, 2014
The company just recently got there contact remove left all the local driver without a job

1 2 3 4 5

About CRST

CRST Logistics helps clients make a logical move. The company specializes in providing freight transportation management services. A – Read more

CRST Salaries