Cruise Planners Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
An awesome company to work with!
Partner / Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAJune 1, 2017
Cruise Planners is a service driven company that focuses on the wants of the client and makes every effort to satisfy their desires while providing a great value.
Pros
Flexible hours and you get what you put in
At home business
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZSeptember 29, 2016
Sell transportation, lodging, and entertainment activities to individuals and groups planning trips. Offer advice on destinations, plan trip itineraries, and make travel arrangements for clients. Handles general office clerk duties.
Fun company with perks to be a travel agent
Travel Advisor and Operation Manager (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 18, 2016
Working at this company is fun, productive, and also requires lots of learning. Love to learn to that is great.

A typical day at work - answering phones, writing tweets, webinars, filing, accounting, marketing, operations.

Hardest part of job - getting new clients

Most enjoyable part of job - dogs are allowed in the office.
Pros
Discount Travel, free lunch
Cons
Commission only pay, no healthcare benefits
Due Diligence is Very Important
owner (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 13, 2016
Not for those expecting to earn a living at this.

The Cruise Planners name is not helpful, since much of this industry has nothing to do with cruises. So the agency owner is constantly educating clients and prospects about the brand.
Pros
Lots of great marketing and advertising materials
Cons
Lack of transparency, level setting.....
Fun Travel Company
Franchise Owner/Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 7, 2015
This is your own company, you get out of it what you put in. You have to stay on top of leads to get your commissions. However, if you like owning your own business, this is a wonderful company. The best part of this job is traveling! Unfortunately, the cruising industry is not what it was five years ago.
Pros
You are your own boss
Cons
No healthcare or benefits
Good opportunity for the right situation
Franchise Owner/Travel Expert (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 19, 2015
Great marketing pieces, but difficult to generate leads. This would be a good opportunity for an existing travel agency, that already has a list of customers to reach out to, as opposed to starting from scratch.

The parent company has great relationships with most major cruise lines, which results in good pricing/add-ons.
Fun
Franchise Owner/Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 20, 2014
I am a franchise owner with Cruise Planners/American Express travel, an award-winning travel agency. Cruise Planners is a national company that has a tremendous reputation for quality, service and values. We are top producers with virtually every cruise line and land package supplier so I pass along preferential cruise deals and best-valued land packages. I am constantly doing webinars and lessons to learn about the newest hot spots. I enjoy learning about the world and traveling.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Not constant income.
Productive workplace
Owner/ Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Flanders, NYOctober 1, 2013
I enjoy speaking with my clients and provide them with an very enjoyable vacation experience.
Pros
Flexible hours, comfortable work place
Cons
Great opportunity to assist clients achieve their travel dreams.
Franchise Owner (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 23, 2013
Cruise Planners is organized by a team of enthusiastic and energetic people. Their goal is to insure that their franchisees can provide the broadest range of travel products and opportunities to their customers. They insure that training is available continuously and their great industry relationships truly make Cruise Planners stand apart in the travel industry.
Pros
Broad reach into all travel partners.
Home-Based Business
Franchise Co-Owner (Former Employee) –  Monroe Township, NJ June 21, 2013
This is a franchise my sister and I purchased. It was fun to learn how to run my own business. I learned many things such as how to market myself and my services and to differentiate between different type of consumer and their wants and needs. The most difficult part of this job was the stress involved because it was a franchise I did not get paid unless I booked a cruise and unfortunately due to the recession not many people were taking vacations. The most enjoyable part of it was the great perks and discounts I received going on my own cruises.