Crumbs Bake Shop Employee Reviews

Exciting and Fun work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 20, 2018
I loved working at Crumbs. I never had a bad day. Selling cupcakes to people in New York was a dream. So many cookie and cupcake varieties. I was sad when they closed it down.
Pros
Free cupcakes, the uniform, the hours and the culture.
Good work place
Assitant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 25, 2018
Very nice environment.. Love when the kids would come in for there daily cupcake. It was an amazing feeling making people smile.My team was great the neighborhood was amazing.
okay place to work
Barista/ Promoted to Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 10, 2017
this place went out of buisness years ago. job wasnt horrible but managenment seems to have no life and will mess with you a little when they got bored. over all chill place to work if ur staff was laid back.
Pros
free cupcakes
Cons
got busy often
I worked with great people
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 31, 2017
The most enjoyable part of working at Crumbs was the staff, they are super friendly and fun loving. The job itself is quick paced, lots of selling and lots of cleaning. Business was slower after we went out of business briefly, and we never gained back our cliental. They also changed the dress code so that my stretched ears were no longer in compliance, which was a catalyst to my leaving as well as the factor of going back to school.
fun place to work at
Team Member (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 3, 2017
very laid back job the best part was being able to taste all the cupcakes anytime you want it was also very fun to work with the other employees never really had a problem with anything
Great environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 3, 2017
The environment was exciting, and the work was consistent. There was room for advancement until the CEO's got in over their head and eventually had to close down over 50 stores without warning.
Loved my job but Corporate let Management run wild.
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJune 24, 2017
I loved working at Crumbs, the people, the products and doing my job, but you know what they say, people quit managers not their jobs. This was very true in my case at Crumbs. Management was hiring friends and family and ran the store like it was their shop. Corporate wouldn't fire people that needed to be let go, ignored all the issues in our store and took forever to give permission for any maintenance work.
Pros
Cupcakes
Cons
Low hours, no time off, management, lack of corporate involvement
Not a good employer to work for
Shift lead (Current Employee) –  Grand Central, NYApril 15, 2017
This is still an up and coming company, they barley bring in $2000 a day. And as a employer of this company they expect a lot and pay very little, also the working hours aren't that great. there is no money to be made in this company at all. If your an up and coming student and need a little pocket money its great for you. However, if you have bills to pay and or kids to take care of, don't even waste your time continue on with your job search.
Pros
free cupcakes
Cons
everything else
No quality
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CAMarch 30, 2017
Even though Crumbs was a fun place to work the quality of the product was not there. I felt bad when my manager told me to tell customers things were fresh every day when they really were not.
Fun work place
General Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 21, 2016
Business was open from 7 am - 8 pm
We served drinks and cupcakes
Loved all my customers & working their was fun and exciting
Trained new employee's
Learned the in's and out of the company . Learned the way the company wanted us to been seen in customers eye. Got familiar with numbers and how to beat daily goals. how to motivate the team members.
My co workers were great , we were like a family all very respectful and helpful.
The most enjoyable part of the job was giving the customer what they wanted, from making them the perfect cup of coffee to suggesting the best cupcakes, serving samples ,helping them decorate their cakes . something so small can make a person day .
Making each person happy before they leave and making them want to return. Customer service is very important its a part of daily life.
The hardest part of the job was leaving it.
Pros
Cons
Heath care
Great Opportunity
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 17, 2016
It was a really great opportunity and a fun place to work for. I loved seeing the faces on guests overwhelmed with all the choices of cupcakes! Unfortunately they could not maintain business going and they closed their doors.
Pros
Free Cupcakes, good pay
Cons
No healthcare
Overall Crumbs is a good working enviornment for those more intersted in family oriented settings that will attract customers of all ages.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 13, 2016
Its overall a good workplace for anyone looking for a smaller crowd and comfortable place to work with customers and associates
Pros
Free foods and less complicated dishes to complete
Cons
Some days can vary with slow or fast business
Crumbs Bake Shop Overview
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 18, 2016
-i was a sales associate until about 6 months later when i was promoted to team leader, the equivalent of assistant manager. on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the most positive rating, i give crumbs bake shop a 3.
Pros
provided one free drink and snack per shift
Cons
bad management
Terrible
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTJuly 13, 2016
The company is closed now, and to be honest that is a good thing. No one liked to do their job, but would get mad when you would try to pick up their slack and do it for them. The management was terrible, and treated everyone like items, not people. They would ask you to go out of your way to do something (Like deliver, which wasn't even a service that was offered at that location) and wouldn't even so much as thank you or tell you how well you were doing your job, and then ask you to step down so that they could pay someone else less to do the exact same job who didn't even have the same level of experience as you. T.E.R.R.I.B.L.E.
Pros
No pros. Only bad things came from my time working here
Cons
Everything about this place was a con.
good people
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  new york nyJune 22, 2016
The overall concept of what crumbs should stand for fun high energy good laughs. overall the higher ups for the company leaves a sour taste due to fact the don't level with the work that store managers have to put with.
Pros
good people
Cons
no real benefits
It's a Retail Food Service Job
Store Leader/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 2, 2016
You get involved with all aspects of the business. This includes but it not limited to: taking inventory of paper goods and product, placing orders, cleaning, handling money, payroll, recording profits, making budgets, setting goals for the business, creating and implementing selling techniques, overall maintenance of the establishment itself.
It can be tricky managing coworkers because you are usually on a team with one other person and casual conversation is easy to slip into. Also communication between shift leaders is imperative. If there is a flaw it can throw things off and customer service may be negatively impacted. When the business is short staffed, it places a lot of pressure on the remaining employees to work overtime and your personal life may suffer (ex. school). There is an opportunity to grow and learn in this environment ESPECIALLY if you are interested in running your own business.
They are the worst ever
Store Manger/team leader (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYMarch 29, 2016
They sucked at everything .... no smarts, need to shut down completely. Never help with busy life, always had. People who could not do there job....manager was ridiculously dumb
Good place to work.
OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAFebruary 8, 2016
This was a very good place to work if your starting out. Schedules were flexible, relaxed work environment overtime was plentiful.
Pros
flexible schedules, nice people
Cons
the business closed
Fun
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 14, 2016
Enjoy new faces from different countries & states
Amazing co workers love them
hardest part will be the easiest to me.
I mainly do night shift at times its unsafe due to the misbehaving people we have that come in at times yet I would still know how to control the matter in a positive way
Ok Company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 18, 2015
Doesn't seem to stable after reopening, from being closed in summer of 2014. Management is ok, would be nice if they were more open with employees about status of company. Not enough communication between the corporate and store level.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crumbs Bake Shop. Our community is ready to answer.