Crumbs Bake Shop Employee Reviews in United States

They are the worst ever
Store Manger/team leader (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYMarch 29, 2016
They sucked at everything .... no smarts, need to shut down completely. Never help with busy life, always had. People who could not do there job....manager was ridiculously dumb
Fun
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 14, 2016
Enjoy new faces from different countries & states
Amazing co workers love them
hardest part will be the easiest to me.
I mainly do night shift at times its unsafe due to the misbehaving people we have that come in at times yet I would still know how to control the matter in a positive way
Ok Company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 18, 2015
Doesn't seem to stable after reopening, from being closed in summer of 2014. Management is ok, would be nice if they were more open with employees about status of company. Not enough communication between the corporate and store level.
It's Okay!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAAugust 3, 2015
Okay place to work at. Definitely will keep you busy! A started job if you want to just find something for work! I definitely enjoyed working here.
Fun, Friendly, and Delicious
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJJune 10, 2015
Love the people, the environment and the product. Bosses are fantastic and everyone really loves to work as a team. The products are great, the customers are very loyal. Overall a great time.
Pros
Free Cupcakes, Fun Staff
Heaven of cupcakes
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  GREENWICH, CTJune 5, 2015
Team work, managerial skills, team leadership , cash handling and depositing. Reading reports, the customers made the business.
Pros
SALARY PAY
Cons
SCHEDULING
Very Fast Paced enviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2015
looked forward to making costumers happy, as well as exceeding companies goals. Company was very flexible and worked very well with my schedule. Constantly growing and changing, willing to help workers grow with in the company.
fun place to work
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Times Square, NYJanuary 25, 2015
I worked in times square so I was mostly at work, not much time for myself. There were not much benefits too look forward to in this job but it was fun working there as for the management I believe they could've done better in that department.
pretty cool
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 5, 2014
good environment, nice customers for the most part. ok management but stiff corporate. I did love this job
Pros
free cupcake perday
Cons
closed down at the drop of adime
fun workplace
Team Leader/ Key holder/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 20, 2014
management in our store was amazing, we worked as a team! the most enjoyable part was working with my team and putting smiles on our customers faces
ok
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  newark airportAugust 18, 2014
enjoyed working with coworkers

management need to be trained better
terrible company
TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  towsonJuly 10, 2014
Knew it was gong to shut down not even surprised. It was ducky and it showed.
once the new mgr. came, it was all downhill
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockaway, NJJune 22, 2014
the old manager was what made the job perfect. the new manager was a pill addict, and she ended up terminating my job because i told our district manager on her.
Fun job, but with no benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 17, 2014
Crumbs was a fun environment! I loved working there. There was always something to do, if you were lucky enough to have a storefront you had lots of cleaning. You could practice mixing drinks in your free time, gain some barista skills! The only downside was the pay, but it was always fun coming to work.

The Corporate aspect sucked. They didn't give a hoot about us. The employees had no benefits and were always on their own to deal with things. They closed stores left and right and never relocated their employees you were pretty much dumped.
Pros
free cupcakes, free drinks, fun
Cons
corporate, management
Great work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMay 9, 2014
This job was great! Customer service was my favorite part of the job, helping customers with any questions or anything they needed help with. I cashiered as well and this job would get very busy! The pace kept us very busy. I learned a lot of job tactics in this job. I would recommend others to work in if they wanted to!
Friendly Workplace Management needs improvment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 7, 2014
It's a great first job for someone, however you are required to be 18 to even apply. Management cares more about saving the company money than its employees. Most of the shifts are for closing, if you are interested in the job don't expect to have many nights free. Other than that it's very laid back.
Pros
free drinks, great team environment
Cons
lazy co-workers
Pleasant Transitional Job.
Employee (Current Employee) –  NJMarch 25, 2014
The stores smell good and are kept very clean; if you're lucky enough to be in the North Jersey area, the store management can be very compassionate and charismatic, and co-workers are friendly with each other and rally when training each other. There're small ways for devoted employees to advance in-store for most locations in the NY/NJ area, if one so chooses. The pay is absolutely nothing remarkable for an associate, but the work is also not rocket science and there's very little stress. The more pride you take in your work, the more highers up will regard you favorably, particularly if you can build a rapport with regular customers. Staff turnover is a bit of a concern, and the smaller window of advancement for those who want it may be a factor. Being an associate is ideal for anyone who is attending classes/juggling several PT gigs and looking for a low-stress way to earn cash and get some customer service on their resume.
Pros
free sweets and coffee products; low-stress; great team environment.
Cons
few weekday shifts; occasional turnover issues; icrumbs staff site could use some tlc.
Great environment
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 8, 2014
management needs improvement, unfairly treated workers, underpaid but the environment customer wise was friendly.
i enjoyed working with them
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  al shaab, kuwaitDecember 24, 2013
i've learned how to be cashier
- i've learned how to bake a cakes, cupcakes
- im having fun working with my co-workers
- the most enjoyable was baking and sales
Loved this job.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2013
very busy and family friendly enviornment. loved my co-workers, had to leave because i became a mother.