Crumbs Bake Shop

Crumbs Bake Shop Employer Reviews

ok
Team Leader (Former Employee), newark airportAugust 18, 2014
enjoyed working with coworkers

management need to be trained better
terrible company
TEAM LEAD (Former Employee), towsonJuly 10, 2014
Knew it was gong to shut down not even surprised. It was ducky and it showed.
once the new mgr. came, it was all downhill
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Rockaway, NJJune 22, 2014
the old manager was what made the job perfect. the new manager was a pill addict, and she ended up terminating my job because i told our district manager on her.
Fun job, but with no benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 17, 2014
Pros: free cupcakes, free drinks, fun
Cons: corporate, management
Crumbs was a fun environment! I loved working there. There was always something to do, if you were lucky enough to have a storefront you had lots of cleaning. You could practice mixing drinks in your free time, gain some barista skills! The only downside was the pay, but it was always fun coming to work.

The Corporate aspect sucked. They didn't give – more... a hoot about us. The employees had no benefits and were always on their own to deal with things. They closed stores left and right and never relocated their employees you were pretty much dumped. – less
Great work
Cashier (Former Employee), Danbury, CTMay 9, 2014
This job was great! Customer service was my favorite part of the job, helping customers with any questions or anything they needed help with. I cashiered as well and this job would get very busy! The pace kept us very busy. I learned a lot of job tactics in this job. I would recommend others to work in if they wanted to!
Friendly Workplace Management needs improvment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Stamford, CTMay 7, 2014
Pros: free drinks, great team environment
Cons: lazy co-workers
It's a great first job for someone, however you are required to be 18 to even apply. Management cares more about saving the company money than its employees. Most of the shifts are for closing, if you are interested in the job don't expect to have many nights free. Other than that it's very laid back.
Pleasant Transitional Job.
Employee (Current Employee), NJMarch 25, 2014
Pros: free sweets and coffee products; low-stress; great team environment.
Cons: few weekday shifts; occasional turnover issues; icrumbs staff site could use some tlc.
The stores smell good and are kept very clean; if you're lucky enough to be in the North Jersey area, the store management can be very compassionate and charismatic, and co-workers are friendly with each other and rally when training each other. There're small ways for devoted employees to advance in-store for most locations in the NY/NJ area, if one – more... so chooses. The pay is absolutely nothing remarkable for an associate, but the work is also not rocket science and there's very little stress. The more pride you take in your work, the more highers up will regard you favorably, particularly if you can build a rapport with regular customers. Staff turnover is a bit of a concern, and the smaller window of advancement for those who want it may be a factor. Being an associate is ideal for anyone who is attending classes/juggling several PT gigs and looking for a low-stress way to earn cash and get some customer service on their resume. – less
Great environment
Team Leader (Current Employee), Newark, NJJanuary 8, 2014
management needs improvement, unfairly treated workers, underpaid but the environment customer wise was friendly.
i enjoyed working with them
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee), al shaab, kuwaitDecember 24, 2013
i've learned how to be cashier
- i've learned how to bake a cakes, cupcakes
- im having fun working with my co-workers
- the most enjoyable was baking and sales
Loved this job.
Team Leader (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 13, 2013
very busy and family friendly enviornment. loved my co-workers, had to leave because i became a mother.
Great co-workers, corporate sucks
Associate (Current Employee), United StatesOctober 23, 2013
Pros: free starbucks, great co-wokers and customers, independent work
Cons: corporate, flaky co-workers, constant change in regulation, and sloppy leaders
Typical day involves selling cupcakes, taking special orders through the phone, maintaining store appearance. Learning the names of cupcakes and what they contained was fairly easy (Just depends on ones memory skills) But corporate runs everything and they change their rules constantly, no ripped jeans (even a small tear is enough to get you sent home), – more... no watches are allowed to be worn not even chronograph sports watches , no necklaces that "hang" when grabbing cupcakes, No facial jewelry (not even the faintest subtle unnoticeable bling is accepted and now, co-workers are getting more night shifts instead of day shifts in order to save the company money. Team Leads and Manager spend majority of the time in the back talking on the phone or online rather then helping out in front with the amount of tasks associate needs to get done. Being how i'm an independent worker, I have no complaints about that, but it is nice seeing someone help out with the mess they themselves made when they were alone all day rather then cleaning up after them. – less
Management Opportunities
Employee (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 13, 2013
Pros: summer friday hours
Cons: disorganized upper management and poor communication.
New management team is disorganized and inexperienced in retail food management. Work life balance is good, they do give generous holidays and summer Friday hours. Crumbs has growth potential, dealing with ambiguity is a needed skill to navigate through the management ranks.
Laid back job
SHIFT LEAD (Current Employee), Washington DCAugust 27, 2013
A typical day is eventful. Come in, set up, and get your day started.
Fast Paced Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greenwich, CTAugust 25, 2013
I had to learn to work in a fast pace environment and multitask
sales associate
sales associate (Current Employee), lancaster paJuly 22, 2013
Cons: cutting hours, not enough hours
selling cupcakes and drinks.
making coffee.
setting case for the day.
greet customers.
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Peabody, MAJuly 20, 2013
Pros: free starbucks drinks and cupcakes
Cons: nothing
A typical day at Crumbs would be a lot of selling cupcakes, making drinks and cleaning. The hardest part of my job I would say is remembering all the names of the cupcakes and their flavors.
fun work place, not ran to best of abiltity
Assitant Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 12, 2013
busy, good employees, fast paced, decent managment, most enjoyable part is dealing with the customers. hardest part was not having concreate rules, there was constant change.
Used To Be A Fun Place To Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 6, 2013
Pros: free cupcakes
Cons: no benifits for regular employees
Loved Working Late Night Hours, Enjoyed Meeting New Customers. Build A Great Friendship With A Few Of My CoWorkers. Didn't Really Like How Some Employees Got Special Treatment Over Others or How Smokers Can Take Breaks But NonSmokers Cant.
Lack of employee care
Management (Current Employee), United StatesJune 1, 2013
Pros: free starbucks, my little staff that i have
Cons: over worked, under appreciated, underpaid, management, and pretty much everything else
I've been with this company for a little over 3 months now and I've worked no less then 60hrs a week while only being paid for 40. I've asked multiple times for help in staffing and some sort of compensation for the excessive hours worked and nothing has been done. They show no care in their current staff and only care about opening as many stores as – more... they can. Employees are all overworked and under paid. This company will not last at this rate. I plan to contact my lawyer to see if there's any legal action to take.

And for the record, while they say their cupcakes are baked fresh daily, they are most definitely not served fresh daily as cupcakes sold today were that of yesterdays delivery. – less
Cupcake Drama
Team Leader (Current Employee), New York, New YorkMarch 17, 2013
Pros: unlimited starbucks on shift, one free baked good, awesome customers, benefits for tl's & mangement, fun co-workers (depending on location)
Cons: corproate shenanigans! promoting the wrong individuals, decreased in hourly pay, no raises, issues with adequate staffing
Tons of emails on your day off, constantly working coverage at other locations, inappropriate demeanor from upper management. enjoy making coffee drinks and selling cupcakes. if you work in a store with an awesome manager and has adequate staffing you are good to go. hardest part of the job is wondering why we sell cupcakes but are made to learn about – more... UPT & SPT because its a retail based job now. – less