Crystal Clinic Orthopaedic Center Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
great place
Patient Access Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 3, 2017
I love my job but want to work evenings at home. Great wages and I enjoy my coworkers and all the patients, A typical day is making patients happy and assisting in all areas to make the day run smooth,
Pros
all good
Imbeciles
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 24, 2017
If you like to work for tactless, offensive, disrespectful physicians and untrained, unintelligent, unqualified supervisors then you will fit right in. Supervisors spread rumors based off hearsay, stay a half hour past their scheduled shift doing nothing to get more money, and can not even perform their job. Do not waste your breath applying for this company.
Exit Statement
Corporate Contract Analyst (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 18, 2017
Due to the recent restructuring across the company, many positions were affected, mine being one of those.
However, I have learned a great deal while working at Crystal Clinic. Crystal Clinic provides great care to the community.
With all of that being said, I am looking for a new opportunity and maybe that new opportunity is with you.
Don't waste your time.
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 6, 2017
Short and simple. This company is unorganized and ruins like a dictatorship. They cannot keep employees or supervisors and for obvious reasons. Don't even waste your time here. Everyone is miserable.
Do not care about there employees
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 20, 2017
This place is defiantly full of DRAMA from management to staff members to physicians makes you feel you are back in highschool. Everyone only takes bad and down on each other there expectations are set so high for you to get paid so little just enough to provide for your family. If you like drama and like being treated like trash this is the place for you I would advise to stay away.
Pros
Some of the techs were great
Cons
30 minutes lunch breaks working front desk
If you love drama then crystal clinic is for you
Clinical Staff (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 11, 2017
The crystal clinic appears to an outsider like a wonderful place to work with caring staff and amazing physicians. This however is not the case. The establishment is full of drama. With un-caring staff, administrators and physicians. The only caring this place believes in is the almighty dollar! Don't look for upper management or supervisors to have your back in any situation, because they won't. They have blatant favorites that won't and can't do anything wrong, which makes the average employee work even harder due to "favorites" not actually doing any legit work. This company expects everything out of you and gives you nothing in return except going home underpaid and under appreciated for the good work you do. This company is nothing but drama with a capital "D", you will feel like you walked back into the halls of high school to be tormented and treated poorly. The staff mostly made up with women are cut throat and viciously mean. The physicians do not show you any form of respect and talk down to you like a small child.
If you like drama and being treated poorly then this company is for you.
Pros
Health benefits are good
Cons
You are underpaid and treated poorly by any upper management, supervisors and doctors
Lead Occupational therapist
Lead Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 4, 2017
I became increasingly skilled in patients who just had acute orthopedic surgery. I learned how to manage staff, payroll, budgeting and working/communication with a larger interdisciplinary team. I became skilled in holding meetings and participating in meetings to help advance the therapy department. The hardest part of the job was balancing being a clinician and also a supervisor, especially when we had an increase in patient caseload. I had to learn to balance patient care and still making sure the department ran smoothly. I enjoyed working with the patient and staff and the communication between everyone for best patient care.
Pros
Good Communication, strong teamwork
Cons
Growing department understaffed
Drama Club
Physical Therapy Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 8, 2016
Save yourself the hassle of working here! Upper Management is all about the dollar signs! Middle and lower level management is basically a bunch of middle aged ladies with nothing better to do than run the PT office like a high school Clique! They have lost several exceptional employees specifically because of those ladies. Meetings are called for every little thing. Be careful you may sneeze and find yourself in a meeting with management and HR.

Thank goodness this type of behavior does not effect the therapist and their patient care!
Pros
Physical Therapist are amazing, patients
Cons
Everything else
Crystal Clinic former employee review
Full-time Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 2, 2016
I worked for Crystal Clinic for less than a year in an ancillary healthcare support role, and I was terminated for a single, minor error on a travel expense report. I was given no warning or notice before discharge. The HR department policies are extremely strict and rigid, and totally reflect the interests of the management.
As an employee, you can be fired for a minor technicality if management deems neccesary. HR will not back you up and the appeals process often is of little help. There is little acceptance or tolerance for a regular employee's personal assertive views or opinions (considered insubordination). Prospective employees beware of this place.
Pros
good benefit package, regular staff is friendly
Cons
HR department and company rules are unusually strict
Outpatient surgery center
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 27, 2015
The Crystal Clinic is a great place to work. I had a great experience over my years there and would highly recommend it both as an employee and a patient.
Why I enjoy my job
PT Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHOctober 6, 2015
I had some apprehensions about moving from my previous job when I when I was first presented with this job.

Overall, I really enjoy my job. I do not dread going in daily. I like the people I work with directly on a daily basis.

I like the company's visions and true passion for doing all we can do for our patients.

Very positive environment to work in.
Pros
Great supervisors and very low stress working environment.
Cons
The pay is not equivalant for the duties that the job entails.
Productive, fast pase operating rooms and high volume case load
Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 10, 2015
Crystal Clinic is a fast pase and high volume operating environment. The physicians are wonderful and the staff is very supportive and team oriented. A majority of our case load is orthopaedic (total joints, spinal fusions, and fractures) but we also have sports medicine and plastics. This is an up and coming surgery center.
Pros
having a set schedule, having holidays off
Physicians are outstanding
Lpn (Current Employee) –  OhioJuly 16, 2015
It truly is a great place to work with regards to the physicians & staff. The management & administration are a different story, unfortunatly. There is alot of favortism & drama created by office managers. It doesn't seem to get resolved & continues to be a problem. As much as you try to stay out of the drama...someone is always there to drag you in even without your awareness. It really is sad that the favortism is unrecognized. It makes it difficult to just go in and do your job. Its rather gut wrenching. Ive seen so many good employees treated unfairly. Turnover is huge. It feels like the dream job, only at first.
Pros
Physicians, most staff
Cons
Administration/HR/Management
Great place to learn from Physicians
LPN (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 30, 2015
Physicians are extremely friendly and willing to teach. A typical day at work is around 730am/8am to 5pm. Travel is sometimes required to go to satellite offices if your physician travels to see patients at different locations. Pay is extremely low. Management is very bad, current clinical supervisor does not supervise or treat employees fairly. Most enjoyable part of the job is working directly with nurses and physicians and a different population of patients. Hardest part of the job is doing more clerical work than clinical work. Turn over rate with employees is very high, mostly by employee choice.
Pros
Physicians are eager to teach.
Cons
management/administration
Productive company
Appointment Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OhioDecember 28, 2012
This company was very well managed and 'on the ball' as far as patient care and follow up for post up surgeries. I learned how to work as a team with the surgeons and staff members.
Wonderful place to work.
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 8, 2012
My typical day at work consisted of completing assigned special tasks, open enrollment, compiling materials for new enrollees and basic new hire tasks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crystal Clinic Orthopaedic Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7