Crystal Rock Employee Reviews in United States

Watertown Location Is Weird!!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  CTMay 11, 2016
Started off as a temp, got hired permanently 6 months later...After 4 years of working permanently I was let go because they decided to downsize a department with no solid training for a customer service position which costed me my job! Managers are unprofessional and unavailable and rude! There are "clicks" and if your not a part of it then you are looked at like you are weird or something. Crystal Rock is so desperate for business because W.B. Mason is killing them and that's their biggest competition. Too bad that the customer service center sucks and they are only catering to some of the Tri-State area...and they need to recognize that W.B. Mason is world-wide and there is no competing against that! I feel bad for the route salesman because they get stuck delivering water and office products to their regular route customers and if possible their call-in customers too...this job is not worth the headache!! Apply elsewhere if your not into clicks and drama...
Pros
Free Water & Coffee
Cons
Clicks & rude managment
Bad Supervisor in Buffalo NY
Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo NYApril 23, 2016
There is a reason for the high turn over in delivery drivers at the Buffalo NY location and it has to do with the branch manager. He is a very arrogant person and lacks good leadership. His own warehouse manager can't stand him and his employees think he's a idiot. Time for Crystal Rock to hire a new branch manager in Buffalo.
Pros
Daytime hour shifts
Cons
Salary pay and no overtime
A good company to work for.
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 5, 2016
I learned many valuable sales techniques, which I will continue to use through out my career. A good work atmosphere, and a pleasant place to work.
I do not recommend anyone work here that has any experience in TRUE Customer Service!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Watertown,ctJune 13, 2015
I was let go from CrystalcRock after 3 days only! I have had many years of Customer Service experience,and have never had a stranger hand me a letter in the copy room, mumbling something about HR said give this to you, they said it's not working out? I had only been there 3 days af ter a week of poor training, constantly disrupted during the training, by the way, and could not find anyone to ask what the problem was. They tell you keep answering questions, take your time until you are comfortable. I would think there could have been some communication,and was told I was doing fine.
I have never felt so stupid and stabbed in back as I did there.
Cons
Staff and Management lie to you.
Reliable team with helpful management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Watertown, CTJune 11, 2014
Crystal Rock is a great place to work. Each department works well independently, as well as with each other. The managment is very helpful and hands-on. If you have a question, you can get an immediate answer. I've enjoyed making my everyday tasks more efficient and being supported by my coworkers.
Warehouse-Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Watertown, CTSeptember 24, 2013
Friendly and clean enviroment really good and hardworking guys team help really good manangers and will do anything for you
Pros
hourly pay is good
Cons
lack of position upgrade
I worked there but would never recommend even my family to work there
Sales rep (Former Employee) –  Watertown CtSeptember 10, 2013
You are never made to feel a valuable part of the organization. Customer service manager and her boss do not know how to manage people. You can never get definite true answers when you need help performing your job and then you get written up for trying to do a good job by asking. Very discriminatory company especially ageism wise.
Owners are clueless that they are being bamboozled by their picks of sales/customer service managers. Coworkers always at the ready to stab you in the back.When you make a mistake you are written up or fired instead of them realizing we are all human and having them show where you were wrong and training to help avoid mistake in future.
Pros
good water
Cons
management/coworkers
n/a
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  watertown, ctJune 20, 2013
Help desk technician, troubleshoot all inhouse PC, network, and phone issues.
Good Manager bad buinsess
Commercial Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh ,nyApril 9, 2013
They don't care about there employees. Work for 3 months 2 of which were training. After third month they let go of all new sales reps.
Cons
everything don't work there
Horrible
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Watertown CTDecember 2, 2012
Customer Service Department. When your hired your told its a family company and its fun and you will be comfortable here. Once your settled in the real nastiness comes out of the customer service department. Everyone swears, everyone is loud, you cant even talk to your customers because everyone is loud, they are obnoxious, if your not in the cliques your picked on, training sucks, you have to learn as you go. Forget getting help from management, they will give you a attitude you must know this already. Taking vacation time was always a hassle. People were always quitting. I have seen fights to the point they almost got physical. Not a healthy place to be. Its a bunch of kids running managment, Its almost like a circus or some secret society there. Not worth the lousy $10 an hour they pay and wouldnt even be worth $15 an hour either. Just an all round miserable place to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving at 4:30.
Pros
4:30 when my shift was over
Cons
lied to, managment is nasty, swearing, favoritism, attitudes from supervisors, horrible pay
Horrible experience in customer care!!!!!!
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Watertown, CtNovember 30, 2012
Opening comments from Manager when hired. "I get it!" I dont micro manage" "Please give me feedback and thoughts on the training and the new software package" "we are very relaxed here" "we are very leaniant here"......WELL...Manager lies directly to your face on so many issues then turns around and has her supervisors deliver the unpopular contradictory messages to the reps. She bullies staff including intimidation tactics and swearing at staff and reps. Encourages bullying by supervisors, discriminates, favortisim. No formal training in Customer Care. The only formalized training was an introduction to the company and its products. Complete lack of professionalism from manager and her supervisors.

After 35 years in the customer service field and in the course of 2 months, I have never been so bamboozled in my working carreer!!
I was encouraged to share knowledge and when this was done I was ostrasized. I was terminated with the reason I was not catching on but was never given any feedback on my job performance even when it was requested. My peers all had their calls reviewed with the manager, I did not. Additional training was given to those reps who actually were falling behind. No additional training was offered to me.

Owners should pay more attention to why there is a lot of turn around in Customer Care dept. Reason is Manager and supervisors but they blame the reps.....NOT SO!!
Pros
owners compensate employees with various perks that other companies don't offer.
Cons
owners should pay more attention to why there is a lot of turn around in customer care dept.

Comment – December 28, 2012

I know exactly what your talking about. Same thing happened to me. Your lied to. Sounds like a family fun company and turned into a nightmare. I remember how the supervsors would talk to other reps, like they were childern and threaten if you didnt know any answer to something THEY would write you up. What a horrbile way to treat co-workers. I had to take time off for a dr appt and was told NO WAY its too busy. Gotta make sure that water gets delivered. HA! Its a complete waste time. I really think they need to get rid of the management they have there now and put some good smart people in there and not people from the streets with no education. Just a suggestion.

Comment – January 25, 2013

I was terminated the first week of Nov. Since then, at least seven more people that I know of, have either quit or were fired for bogus reasons since. Listen to me.... IT ISNT THE WORKERS...IT IS THE MANAGER!!! OWNERS.... WAKE UP!! A great company but manager M.B.has let the cream of the crop in customer service go. Because of M.B and her two long time supervisors, that was the most hostile work environment I have ever experienced !!

Do NOT work for this company!
Customer Service Rep (Call-Center) (Former Employee) –  Watertown, CTAugust 21, 2012
I don't know how Crystal Rock gained the title of "One of the Best Companies to Work for in Connecticut", but it is not true. Working at this company was the worst experience of my life. I'm not even going to get into the nitty-gritty, just NEVER work here...EVER!
Pros
wonderful co-workers
Cons
draining, thankless, inconsistant, low pay, and poor communication.

Comment – November 30, 2012

I wish I took your review more seriously!! You are so right!!

Comment – December 2, 2012

I agree. It was a nightmare there. I was there a full year and not sure how I was sane when I left. No structure, everyone is for themselves, I almost rather delivery water than be sitting in that dingy basement listening to people swear all day long. And we know how the manager and supervisor are too, if your not a favorite your crapped on.

2.5