Crystal Rock

Crystal Rock Employer Reviews

Reliable team with helpful management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Watertown, CTJune 11, 2014
Crystal Rock is a great place to work. Each department works well independently, as well as with each other. The managment is very helpful and hands-on. If you have a question, you can get an immediate answer. I've enjoyed making my everyday tasks more efficient and being supported by my coworkers.
PRODUCTIVE
Warehouse-Machine Operator (Former Employee), Watertown, CTSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: hourly pay is good
Cons: lack of position upgrade
FRIENDLY AND CLEAN ENVIROMENT REALLY GOOD AND HARDWORKING GUYS TEAM HELP REALLY GOOD MANANGERS AND WILL DO ANYTHING FOR YOU
I worked there but would never recommend even my family to work there
Sales rep (Former Employee), Watertown CtSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: good water
Cons: management/coworkers
You are never made to feel a valuable part of the organization. Customer service manager and her boss do not know how to manage people. You can never get definite true answers when you need help performing your job and then you get written up for trying to do a good job by asking. Very discriminatory company especially ageism wise.
Owners are clueless – more... that they are being bamboozled by their picks of sales/customer service managers. Coworkers always at the ready to stab you in the back.When you make a mistake you are written up or fired instead of them realizing we are all human and having them show where you were wrong and training to help avoid mistake in future. – less
n/a
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee), watertown, ctJune 20, 2013
Help desk technician, troubleshoot all inhouse PC, network, and phone issues.
Good Manager bad buinsess
Commercial Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Plattsburgh ,nyApril 9, 2013
Cons: everything don't work there
They don't care about there employees. Work for 3 months 2 of which were training. After third month they let go of all new sales reps.
Horrible
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Watertown CTDecember 2, 2012
Pros: 4:30 when my shift was over
Cons: lied to, managment is nasty, swearing, favoritism, attitudes from supervisors, horrible pay
Customer Service Department. When your hired your told its a family company and its fun and you will be comfortable here. Once your settled in the real nastiness comes out of the customer service department. Everyone swears, everyone is loud, you cant even talk to your customers because everyone is loud, they are obnoxious, if your not in the cliques – more... your picked on, training sucks, you have to learn as you go. Forget getting help from management, they will give you a attitude you must know this already. Taking vacation time was always a hassle. People were always quitting. I have seen fights to the point they almost got physical. Not a healthy place to be. Its a bunch of kids running managment, Its almost like a circus or some secret society there. Not worth the lousy $10 an hour they pay and wouldnt even be worth $15 an hour either. Just an all round miserable place to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving at 4:30. – less
HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE IN CUSTOMER CARE!!!!!!
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), Watertown, CtNovember 30, 2012
Pros: owners compensate employees with various perks that other companies don't offer.
Cons: owners should pay more attention to why there is a lot of turn around in customer care dept.
Opening comments from Manager when hired. "I get it!" I dont micro manage" "Please give me feedback and thoughts on the training and the new software package" "we are very relaxed here" "we are very leaniant here"......WELL...Manager lies directly to your face on so many issues then turns around and has her supervisors deliver the unpopular contradictory – more... messages to the reps. She bullies staff including intimidation tactics and swearing at staff and reps. Encourages bullying by supervisors, discriminates, favortisim. No formal training in Customer Care. The only formalized training was an introduction to the company and its products. Complete lack of professionalism from manager and her supervisors.

After 35 years in the customer service field and in the course of 2 months, I have never been so bamboozled in my working carreer!!
I was encouraged to share knowledge and when this was done I was ostrasized. I was terminated with the reason I was not catching on but was never given any feedback on my job performance even when it was requested. My peers all had their calls reviewed with the manager, I did not. Additional training was given to those reps who actually were falling behind. No additional training was offered to me.

Owners should pay more attention to why there is a lot of turn around in Customer Care dept. Reason is Manager and supervisors but they blame the reps.....NOT SO!! – less

December 28, 2012

I know exactly what your talking about. Same thing happened to me. Your lied to. Sounds like a family fun company and turned into a nightmare. I remember how the supervsors would talk to other reps, like they were childern and threaten if you didnt know any answer to something THEY would write you up. What a horrbile way to treat co-workers. I had to take time off for a dr appt and was told NO WAY its too busy. Gotta make sure that water gets delivered. HA! Its a complete waste time. I really think they need to get rid of the management they have there now and put some good smart people in there and not people from the streets with no education. Just a suggestion.

January 25, 2013

I was terminated the first week of Nov. Since then, at least seven more people that I know of, have either quit or were fired for bogus reasons since. Listen to me.... IT ISNT THE WORKERS...IT IS THE MANAGER!!! OWNERS.... WAKE UP!! A great company but manager M.B.has let the cream of the crop in customer service go. Because of M.B and her two long time supervisors, that was the most hostile work environment I have ever experienced !!

Do NOT work for this company!
Customer Service Rep (Call-Center) (Former Employee), Watertown, CTAugust 21, 2012
Pros: wonderful co-workers
Cons: draining, thankless, inconsistant, low pay, and poor communication.
I don't know how Crystal Rock gained the title of "One of the Best Companies to Work for in Connecticut", but it is not true. Working at this company was the worst experience of my life. I'm not even going to get into the nitty-gritty, just NEVER work here...EVER!

November 30, 2012

I wish I took your review more seriously!! You are so right!!

December 2, 2012

I agree. It was a nightmare there. I was there a full year and not sure how I was sane when I left. No structure, everyone is for themselves, I almost rather delivery water than be sitting in that dingy basement listening to people swear all day long. And we know how the manager and supervisor are too, if your not a favorite your crapped on.