Crystal Run Healthcare

Crystal Run Healthcare Employee Reviews

It isn't what it appears
RN (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYJuly 22, 2016
It is like going to a really nice restaurant. Beautiful exterior, inside beautiful and everyone smiles.
Once you get in and see the organization you see the flaws. This is a practice not a hospital. So they like to think. Run by a group of owners who can't seem to get out of the way!
Pros
The middle managers are outstanding !
Cons
. I can't keep up. The pace is a prescription for burn out.
Productive and fun work place!
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, NYJuly 28, 2016
Doctors, nurses and administrative staff are great to work with.
The patients really benefit from a place that their focus is to get each patient the best care possible. I would recommend this place to patients as well as those looking to work for a company that takes care of its workers as well. :)
Not a good place
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orange/Putnam County, NYJuly 30, 2016
This company does not care about the individuals at all. Everyone is just a number and they will pull you, move you, totally disregard your work schedule and never actually appreciate the work that you do. The only positive is that my co-workers were wonderful.
Pros
Cons
Zero consistency in anything
Horrible working environment
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYApril 6, 2016
I worked here for a year and a half; my time there was way over due. It's a good place to work to gain the experience you need, since they hire students right out of school but don't get stuck here. You will hate it. I have been so happy ever since I left there. The work load is overwhelming and stressful; compensation definitely not it. I would not come back here even if they hired me back at what I make now.
Pros
Free food during lab week, gift cards for stars
Cons
Short breaks, low wages/no raises, management, & etc.
great place to work. I like my co-workers
Procedure room Nurse (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYJuly 10, 2016
I work long hours 5 10 hours days.
I am looking to do 40 hours in 4 days, but in my specialty they don't have that kind of schedule. In all the other specialties withing CRHC they offer that to the nursing staff. I feel that is unfair.
Pros
Cons
no breaks
Met a lot of great people
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYSeptember 14, 2016
Saw patients from 8am til 6pm. Took vital signs, checked medication lists, made appointments and retrieved test results when needed, Phlebotomy daily, sterilized equipment daily.
Pros
Great patients
Cons
No breaks
Great plaace to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Delhi, NYJune 16, 2016
Wonderful place to work, lots of hand on experience/ Lots of room to grow and learn many different skills with many different doctors, and medical departments.
Pros
Utilize and learn new skills in the medical field
Do Not Work Here
HIM Technician (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYFebruary 19, 2016
High turn over rate across all departments, for good reason. Extremely stressful conditions, team leads provide little to no assistance. Compensation is minimal compared to the large amount of work demanded. Benefits are only good for single people, most employees are on Medicaid, and upper management encourage.HR offers no assistance, even when blatant mishaps are documented and fraternizing and favoritism is abound. Raises and advancements are extremely difficult to obtain. Get your experience and leave, no opportunities exist within this company.
Pros
Decent benefits for singles
Cons
Horrible compensation, high turnover rate, zero employee appreciation
most employees unhappy
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJune 29, 2016
no breaks or lunches negative atmosphere in the OR
always rushed regardless of patient safety
management is less than desirable and they encourage bullying
Honey Trap
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYJuly 7, 2016
They lure you in with promises of a stable, happy and friendly work envrioment but as soon as you walk out of orientation you slowly begin to realize that this company is none of that. Management is a joke, official policy is that there is no sort of nepotism to be tolerated, but the team leads, directors and what not have their favorites and if you are not on that list don't expect anything. They also take bullying with a grain of salt, even though they have a very strong policy against it. You will work as hard as you can because you want to be a great employee and get recognition but that will never happen. The lazy workers who do something right are praised where the hard workers are ignored. The pay is laughable and so are the "raises" we get. They treat the patients like cattle trying to usher in more than anyone can handle. This isn't the provider's fault this is the deciding members of the executive team. I would warn anyone who is looking at this place for employment to tread very lightly and make sure that there is no better option out there for you.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
No sense of worth, terrible management, bad pay.
Don't work here
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYMay 26, 2016
Compensation is terrible, they pay terribly and then jam pack the schedule. It's nothing but a factory. Patient care is not a priority, money is
Pros
Decent medical coverage
Terrible place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYMay 9, 2016
Job description completely different then actual work assigned. Miserable co-workers. Benefits are not as good as other companies.
Pros
Cons
30 min lunch break, limited paid holidays
Hard work but amazing future
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJanuary 5, 2016
This organization started as a small practice and has grown in infinite ways. The typical work day is busy so if you do not like to work constantly, this is not the place for you. I learned so much about healthcare in general and the processes that work well. Management is tough but generally fair - if you work hard they appreciate you. The co-workers are amazing and the doctors are some of the best anywhere. The hardest part of this job is the amount of work involved to run such a huge organization. Also, work-life balance could be better. The best part of the job was feeling like you were accomplishing great things every day
Pros
Amazing co-workers
Cons
Work Life Balance could be better
Excellent Place to work
LPN (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYMarch 30, 2016
I had the pleasure of working at Crystal Run Healthcare for 4 years.While there I learned professionalism , Time management and several skills that i was able to take with me .
Pros
4 day work weeks
1 Star is too many
Manager (Former Employee) –  Middletown NYMarch 17, 2016
Management is a complete joke. Departments play by different rules. Benefits suck. No flexible work schedule. No sick days. No bonus. Terrible office conditions. Nightmare of a place.
Pros
Cons
Name it.
A productive and rewarding atmosphere.
OB/GYN (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, NYSeptember 14, 2015
A typical day at work is fast paced and very productive; Performing vitals, drawing blood, rooming patients and assisting in procedures, while always keeping the patients upmost respect and satisfaction in mind. I learned how to work tremendously well as a team with my co-workers. I also learned a lot of great clinical skills from the nurses and doctors, while keeping my job description in mind. The hardest part of my job was learning how not to get emotionally invested in the patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the patients satisfaction, and knowing that I had a part in the process.
Pros
Reimbursement for positive reviews from patients and co-workers.
Cons
Limited acess to our healthcare.
Do not work here
Materials Management / Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Middletown NYMay 2, 2015
Unfair treatment and biased towards women.
If you are a lady with power trips and poor attitudes then by all means apply to work here but if you are a normal type guy DO NOT APPLY. Human resources Tara will side with women above everyone else and it never matters who is correct and just trying to do their job.

MOST IMPORTANT THING TO KNOW
part of my job was storing medications and vaccines that "nurses" inject into people's arms. When they went expired they rushed to inject them into a patient instead of properly discarding them.

They will do anything to save the company money.

The amount of women to men employee ratio is about 1 to 10. AND all the women have sassy attitudes and get away with murder.
Pros
Cons
everything
Great training and career opportunity
Ultrasound (Former Employee) –  Middletown NYAugust 11, 2015
I worked at CRHC for 4 years. It was a wonderful place to work, the doctors are willing to work hands with you in order to advance your skills.
Pros
Great company morale
Cons
There was favoritism among managers and employees
guaranteed hours
Patient Accounts (Current Employee) –  Middletown NYSeptember 30, 2015
The benefits are good and you can always get over time hours. They have flexible schedules. The job is always changing and challenging
Do not work here
Material Handler Purchaser (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYFebruary 19, 2015
Like being in a communist country. Women are above all here. Sexist doctors and staff. Men are put to blame every time. When medications in storage go out of date they are quickly administered to patients instead of discarded because they do not want to "waste money and resources" so they inject expired medicine and vaccine into peoples bodies who then pay a co pay for it and have no idea.
Cons
everything

2.9