Crystal Run Healthcare Employee Reviews

N/a
Mammography Liaison (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYAugust 7, 2017
CRHC gave me plenty of opportunity to learn and grow as a person and employee. I worked with people who started as co-workers and became friends. Management could have been better.
Very little pay
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYAugust 1, 2017
Very little pay, with no raises. Management gets rewarded with bonuses while staff receive token gifts given out to pts. Employees are rude and cutthroat. Little to no room for advancement.
Good for obtaining experience but not long term employment
Charge Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYJuly 25, 2017
If you are just starting out in healthcare billing, this is a good place to start, however the atmosphere does not offer any morale boost. You are more apt to hear what you did wrong rather than be commended for doing a good job. The pay is below par compared to other organizations and there is no merit raise, but rather an across the board percentage given once per year that is below a cost of living increase. Get your experience and move on.
Largest Medical facility in the tri-state area
Radiology Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYJuly 13, 2017
Overall, Crystal Run Healthcare is a great start in the medical field. Employee health benefits, and 401k options are top notch. Fellow employees are intelligent, hard-working, and team players. One down side is the compensation is not where it should be for what field we are in.
Pros
Benefits, 401k
Cons
Compensation
better pay
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NYJuly 5, 2017
I have learned a lot about my job title from working at crystal run. I enjoy going to work each day and I enjoy it. I only wish they paid better. if they had paid a little more I wouldn't need to work a second job or continue to look for another job.
Pros
friendly faces, great people, free lunches, gifts
Cons
short breaks for long days and very low pay scale.
Reprocessing Tech (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYJune 25, 2017
Great place to work but not a forever job considering there pay raises are low as well as there pay in general. Overall, great environment and people.
Pros
flexiblity
Cons
terrible pay
Insurance Follow-up Rep (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYJune 12, 2017
There is a dedicated staff working there in the patient and non patient areas. Management in my direct area has improved and they are dedicated to give support where needed as much as they are able to. The bottom line is the growth and doing it as quickly and financially savvy as possible without hiring adequate staff to support the workload. Growth requires growth in all areas so not to burn out staff that is dedicated.
Pros
Free lunch, competitive salary, benefits, hours
Cons
Advancement opportunity, heavy workload- with not enough staff for the pace the company is growing.
Good people and atmosphere
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYJune 9, 2017
Good place to work with good people. Everybody works hard and can still have a good time so its not too stressful. It continues to grow and provide a lot of new opportunities.
Horribly Understaffed! Horrible management!
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYMay 23, 2017
Pay not bad for work load expected, nice to work with most coworkers and patients. Unfortunately above issues create high stress, low morale in work place.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Bad management, understaffed
Much room for improvement
Staff Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYMay 19, 2017
Disjointed organization with poor communication and poor collaboration between and among functions. There seems to be a real disconnect between the administration and the first and second line employees.
Fast-paced and constantly growing
Radiology Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, NYMay 8, 2017
It is a very stressful environment. I feel like they are never really satisfied and want more of me. I learned to just do what I can. Trying to do your best when they are never pleased. For me the best part is when a patient can really show you they appreciate what you have done for them.
Pros
Recognition program
Cons
Healthcare
Good Starter Job
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  West Nyack, NYMay 1, 2017
Crystal Run is a good facility to begin work at a lab tech. I really learned a lot working there but now wish to seek other job opportunities closer to home.
Pros
Helpful employees
Cons
Long commute time
A productive place to work.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, NYApril 19, 2017
It was a busy office, but it was very professional. I met a lot of different people from different backgrounds. It was a clean nice place to work, doing clerical duties.
High paced medical facility
Team Leader / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYApril 13, 2017
Daily interaction with patients that are coming to the doctors office as well as business office meetings and brainstorming on how to make processes better. Great group of people to work with and enjoyed being able to help the patients.
Benefits
Does not treat staff well
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYMarch 9, 2017
I was such a good employee there...they do not respect their employees, Pay not bad but not great either. hours were good. Time off and benefits were good as well
Pros
coworkers were great
Cons
management not too nice
Their pay is an actual insult to nurses.
RN (Former Employee) –  NYMarch 5, 2017
Nurses are very much worth their weight in gold. What this company feels is fair compensation to nurses is disgusting. Considering it is a multi million dollar company they should be ashamed of what they pay their nursing staff.
Pros
Health insurance is decent.
Cons
Pay
lack of suport to all FD staff
Front desk patient service team lead (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYFebruary 13, 2017
I learned a lot and appreciated my time there. I will use my knowledge to better my future. Unfortunately I do not feel that Managers and higher supported there staff in policies.
Pros
learned lots
Only interested in making money
nurse (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJanuary 20, 2017
I worked there for 8 years and it just kept getting worse. They are always understaffed, and their salaries are definitely not worth the level of work required. Some years they do not give raises, and when they do give raises, it is just a mere 2 %. Instead of raises they give "gifts" such as shirts, umbrellas, etc...emblazoned with the Crystal run logo so the employees can advertise for them. Be careful of your co-workers. While most of the staff is good to work with, there are MANY back stabbers. Meetings are not constructive, instead they turn into gripe fests. The doctors don't really care about the welfare of the client, their only concern is making as much money as possible, that is why they overbook their schedules and expect the staff to run marathons to try to keep up. I've seen many unethical practices there such as ordering unnecessary tests, etc...designed to drain the wallets of the client. The Crystal run motto should be "We Want Your Money" rather than "We want you healthy." So glad I am out of there.
Pros
most staff members are easy to work with
Cons
stated below
Former LPN
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJanuary 13, 2017
In my 23 years as a nurse, having worked for several Primary Care/Internal Medicine practices, this is by far....the worst. High volume, profit driven, overloaded schedules and high workload with as minimal staff as possible is the norm here. You can never get caught up on your work, but of course, that's "your fault". It truly is a prime example of what's wrong with the Healthcare system now. Inadequate, non competitive pay for experience and less than average benefits. All the "great reviews" on here are written by management so don't be fooled. Bottom line, don't work here even if your a newbie and need experience. Heed my warning!!!!
Pros
Other great co workers
Cons
Everything else
Great doctors. Bad Management.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Where ever they feel like sending meJanuary 6, 2017
It's all about the money at crystal run! They pay you chump money for what you do (nursing)! When you have a problem and you try to go to someone higher up about it they shut you down. They show no appreciation for anything. It's terrible because you can work with great people and great docs but this place will run you down until you have nothing left to give. I've seen almost whole departments leave at the same time and be left with two people and crystal run with literally expect those two people to do everything, leave on time, and have no complaints. This place just doesn't care about their people. And forget about it if they don't like you. I've seen the staffing office and management purposely do things to people that they don't like just to make people mad so they want to quit. That's how they push people out. It's just not the way it use to be at crystal run they got to big to fast.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crystal Run Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9