Crystal Stairs Employee Reviews

work p;ace was relaxing. Helpful to children most of all fun
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 11, 2017
the work p;ace is school based. get to meet new parents and there children. picking them up from school. Helping them with their homework. Given snacks
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
heathcare, rude parents
Awesome experience and stepping stool
Family Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 5, 2017
Working at Crystals Stairs is rewarding for someone that is trying to build experience. It is fast paced and you can not slack. Benefits were great. Management was unprofessional. There was a lot of office politics, gossip and mess being kept up. Managers had favorites, and took Specialist orders regarding staff.
Pros
Benefits, overtime
Cons
unprofessionalism, rude employees
Highly Stressful
Family Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 6, 2017
Management offers no support
It is a power trip
No support, if someone does not like you, you are pretty much on your own. Its extremely stressful when your supervisor does not have your back because she's trying to fit in.
Pros
sometimes relaxed
Cons
management encourages bullying, humiliation, undue stress
make time fun for the child and myself
Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 26, 2017
I enjoy service with them, they answer my ?s when I need help. I get notices through mail and event or notices when I'm missing something on my attendance sheets.
Pros
I cook three meals, dessert.
Cons
break when child is napping or busy doing things around my house
Very rewarding work
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 19, 2017
Worked with a group of five kids. Very rewarding seeing them grow and knowing that I was apart of that. The pay was good, never dealt with management. A good experience.
Pros
Good pay, flexible hours, rewarding work
Cons
No benefits, no room for growth.
Modern Day Slavery
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 29, 2017
This company uses the fact that it is non-profit as an excuse to over work and under pay their employees. The opportunity for advancement is very limited unless you are willing to brown nose and be apart of the egotistical cliques. This company does not mind wasting money on training new employees, instead of hiring from within.
Great starter job for young individuals who aren't aware of their rights. Not a long term job unless you are a Program Manager and above. Employees are definitely there to help others, because with the low pay...they will not be able to help themselves.
Pros
Great concept, compassionate ACT.
Cons
The blantant abuse of the programs kills the enjoyment of helping parents in need.
Consider it a stepping stone
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAMarch 28, 2017
Depends on what department you work in. Some departments are highly unorganized with massive case loads. They put important the cases in the hands of temps with little or no training. There are constant budget cuts so you are always at risk for being laid off even if you have worked there for years. Again, it depends on the department you work in.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Unorganized, and constantly at risk for being laid off
I love working with children so ill have to say the environment & flid im in is grate
Childcare Provider (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 13, 2017
I'll honestly say the job is basic
I make sure the kids go to school on time and I pick them up on time followed by taking them either to their house or mines and help them with their homework make sure they eat a snake before their mother comes in to pick them up.
Great work enironment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 17, 2016
flexible schedule; great people
lots of paper work but not hard; must be organized and have great time management skills
customer service oriented
desk job
lots of compliance and regulations to follow
Pros
flexible
Cons
30min lunch
fun work place
Claims Processor II (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 13, 2016
company is flexible, I have learned to be more talkative and get along well with my coworkers. I don't think there is any hard part in my job, as long as you follow rules, guide lines, policies & take care of your work, all should be fine. I enjoy being able to work with others and my schedule 8-5.
benefits
Lovable place to work
Coach (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAAugust 12, 2016
Great workers, and friendly staff. I love coming to work every day. Its fun and they are professional people to work with. Every one makes coming to work enjoyable.
Great company
Project Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 13, 2016
Great company to work for. Good environment and people are very nice. A lot of work but management teams are very supportive
Family Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 3, 2016
A typical day at work is completing task, returning phone calls, recertifying families to receive child care services, authorize care based on income and need eligibility.
I have learned to be patient and time management skills.
My co workers are a pleasure to work with and are very helpful, team work all the time.
The hardest part of the job is to keep my clients satisfied at all times.
The most enjoyable part of the job seeing my clients smile because I know I have done my job.
Pros
Work at you pace as long as you are in compliance.
Cons
Health care benefits
Enjoyable, exciting, and tiring job
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 10, 2016
I loved this job and it was great babysitting. I love taking care of kids. Being a mother is what makes it fun to babysit my niece and nephews.
Easy and fun job
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 25, 2016
A typical day at work was a 6am-1pm shift, I would take the kids to school, feed them, make sure they were presentable, standard stuff. I learned that every child is different, and they all need attention, so as you go, you learn to become very patient. The hardest part of the job was the paperwork, I felt like I never understood what I was suppose to do exactly and the way things were set up was complicated but it all worked out. The most enjoyable part was the actual job, it was pretty easy and fun.
Assist low income family with childcare
Family Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAMarch 10, 2016
My day starts with organizing files, checking previous messages, sorting mail, follow up calls, meeting with parents and providers and authorizing childcare.
Pros
Assisting families in need
Cons
No room for growth within the company
Impacting families in Los Angeles
Family Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAJanuary 3, 2016
This company provides childcare services to low income families in Los Angeles.
Parents provide their case managers with a need, such as, work school or incapacitation so that they can be approved for childcare during those hours.
High caseload but definitely doable.
Being a care giver is great
In Home Caregiver to two Children (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 21, 2015
I take care of 2 children while their single mom works grave yard. My day with them is getting them ready for school and taking them to any and everything needed in the day.
Positive Progressive Organization
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 22, 2015
They have a holistic approach to serving families, providers, and the community at large.

A typical day at work included assisting people from the community with resources including housing, employment, health care, etc. as well as managing the day to day activities of the center. I supervised, coached and evaluated employees. I learned the value respecting a community no matter what the media portrays. The hardest part of the job was turning families away, dis-enrolling families due to non-compliance, eliminating services and/or staff due to budget cuts, etc. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the children grow, graduate middle/high school and college, and then even enrolling their preschool age child(ren) into the program.
Excellent and great experience.
Child Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CADecember 15, 2014
Maintaining work as a child care provider. Picking up children from school, helping them with their homework, making sure children are fed, assembling all things while parents are away from the child.
Pros
Bonding with children
Cons
I would have to say there was not any cons.