CSG Employee Reviews

Management unfair
Branch Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77060February 15, 2017
Not all employees are treated equally. Work load at times was not evenly distributed. Some employees would be allowed to take excessive breaks leaning to an hour and a half of paid free time. Management knew and did noting and some employees would barely take a break and would be questioned.
Easy if your smart enough
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 13, 2017
CSG makes it pretty easy to be successful if you have some intelligence. Get to work, sit down, log in, answer the phone. That's about it.

They do train and reinforce good customer service techniques. Advancement opportunities are there if you perform and something comes available. The owners get in the trench and talk a little with the employees.

They do hire almost anybody so some co-workers can be pretty ignorant. The biggest challenge is handling repetitiveness such as answering the phone 75-100 times a day and having the same conversation over and over and over.

They don't have much of a dress code so you can be pretty comfortable during your shift.
Pros
Easy if you are not looking for a challenging job
Cons
Extremely repetitive
low workload
Coding Specialist Group (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJanuary 9, 2017
Not stable and very outdated systems. Not reliable for income ******
Not able to keep steady work when was guaranteed more accounts. Very unstable for income or even a second job
Culture is changing
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CODecember 19, 2016
Over the last year the C-level management has changed dramatically, and with that the change comes a a change in how and who they staff. I loved working there, but I don't know that I would have stayed on much longer under the current management.
Absolutely horrible and ill organized
Quality Inspection (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INDecember 7, 2016
A very disorganized company and they are very inconsiderate about employees. The only organization held here is payroll and that gets messed up to. You have to be desperate to work here.
Pros
N/A
Great Place to work
Independent Living Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PANovember 7, 2016
Pleasant working environment. I really enjoyed my assistant director who was my supervisor. The company provides a lot of services for adults and children. It's a great place to work and feel appreciated.
Pros
PTO, Benefits, and The Clients
Cons
A lot of driving
Summer Job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 20, 2016
Busy on a Typical Day , I learned and gained experience to start my entry level , management was awesome , co - workers were friendly , the hardest part was backed up days when the shipment was backed up , having my first job
Pros
Earning income
Cons
CSG is nice place to work with.
Sr. Tester (Former Employee) –  OhioSeptember 23, 2016
CSG is awesome space to work with. I had enjoyed my tenure working with CSG and learned a lot. I wish i could get a chance to work with company again soon.
Fun , Judgemental
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 9, 2016
At first is was fun loved to go to work then it started to change , judgemental walking into a lions den dont know what will happen next.
relaxation room, reading room, exercise room
Customer Care Associate Team Leader (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78229September 1, 2016
A typical day at works consists of floor support, phone support, grading call and providing feedback to representatives, leading to to meet metrics.
Being in the Team Leader role i learned responsibility, organization, communication and appreciation.
My co-workers work hard and do the best that they can.
Hardest part of the job is not having the support from supervisors or team member support when needed, and getting representatives to show up to work on a daily.
enjoyable part of my day is thanking my representatives for being at work and seeing them another day.
Pros
around good areas to eat
Cons
benefits, and current changes
boring
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 17, 2016
Good job for someone that likes sitting all day and getting the same lectures and making very easy money. management is not the best.
Great Place to Work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 3, 2016
Great Place to Work. $10.00 an hour. Never a moment that you are not busy. It's a call center that is growing and growing fast. Everyone there are just like FAMILY. Love working there.
productive and fun
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INJuly 23, 2016
it wasa ok place work but i didnt get along with some people but over all the job was temporary and stessful.i didnt make much but i did the work correct to their satisfaction.
Great work environment
Farmers Insurance Consulting Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 2, 2016
Great work place and great staff.
always willing to train and help with anything needed.
learned a lot about the insurance business and working with the agents. did most of what the agent should have been doing but the over all experience i gained was well worth it .
Pros
Breaks, Lunch
Fun Place
Customer Care associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 30, 2016
Laid back environment, easy to get your work done. Room to grow from with in the company. Nice slow a typical day at work. How to speak better over the phone to clients. Management is the best. Co-workers are real and care. No part of the job is hard. Getting off of work feeling and energized
Pros
Cons
short breaks
Fun environment
Senior Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 9, 2016
The people were pretty good, never had problems with any coworkers. Loved the environment and laid back dress code. The calls were average and the systems were easy to learn.
Pros
No dress code
Cons
Limited overtime
Some management great, rest poor
programmer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 23, 2016
Constant management changes and restrictive HR promotion guidelines make the company less than attractive.
First 3 years management was stellar, then changed completely.
Pros
nice cubes
Cons
restrictive promotion policy
Unprofessional
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 19, 2016
Constant drama, no room for advancement, mid-level management unprofessional and undependable. No opportunities for professional growth. Only an opportunity to put in your time while looking for REAL employment. Mid-level management untrustworthy to say the least. Inappropriate activity between supervisor and team lead in conference room during work hours. Equipment was old and slow.
Pros
It's barely a paycheck
Cons
Constant drama / Unprofessional Management
It was ok for a work at home job
Eviction Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 22, 2016
Sales Sales Sales, they really try to get you to offer to the customer. For the most part it was a pretty good job. I worked at home and had to deal with several customers. There is a bit of a learning curve. They give you the basics and just through you out there. You will struggle for the first few months and you may not get much support from your supervisors but once you get good everything is easy sailing. You have to really stick with it. There are some supervisors that can be rude but pay them no attention.
Great Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 8, 2016
I love my job at CSG. My manager is the best I've ever had and they are willing to work with me on scheduling and took the time to teach me what I needed to know. I have had the opportunity to work with some really great people. I just need to make better pay is all.
Pros
Great people, company and environment
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSG. Our community is ready to answer.