CSL Behring

CSL Behring Employer Reviews

Good people, great products, lousy management
Clinical Research and Development (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: available training, rehabbed offices, new cafeteria, good place to get some experience
Cons: no processes and first time directors making a mess
SEPTA buses should avoid CSL with their culture of "throwing people under the bus", as staff struggle with poor direction, strategy flip-flops, and management blame game. Staffing agencies can't fill roles, as candidates run for the exits and staff look for other opportunities. With a robust pipeline and a specialty niche in plasma proteins, it should – more... not have to be so hard to work but no accountability for directors. – less
Great People To Work With
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee), King Of PrussiaJune 24, 2014
It's a shame the management is so hot and cold. No one ever knows what's next.
No room for advancement/Unprofessional HR Staff
Scientist (Current Employee), BradleyFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: corporation benefits, good mission
Cons: incompetent hr, low pay, no room for advancement
Do not work here if you are a young, talented individual with the desire for growth within your career--it will be a long time coming. The salaries are bottom tier for entry and mid-level positions following you on the way up.
Very productive work place. Friendly enviroment
Pharmacuetical Eng. (Former Employee), Kankakee,ILFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: would would have pot-lucks on every friday if work provided that free time.
Cons: some times did not get a break
Everyday was a learning process. The supervisors were very helpful and very easy to communicate with. My co-workers were very friendly and hard working, which made me very hard working and thrive to do my best every day. I enjoyed the hard work because on a good note it made the time go by, but seriosly made me a better multi-tasker and efficient to – more... get work done in a timely matter with no mistakes. – less
N/A
Senior Lab Data Specialist (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNJanuary 29, 2014
I am currently employed at this company. The hours are good and there are opportunities to move if your desire is to advance. Although, you may have to move to a different state.
The best company I have ever worked for
Packaging / Inspection Supervisor- (Former Employee), Bourbonnais, ILNovember 13, 2013
Pros: the pride of knowing that you were making a product that was saving lives
Cons: i can't really think of anything i didn't like
The hardest part of the job was balancing between salary and union employee, this was a challenge but, I enjoyed the challenge and learned how to have everyone learn to work together.

My favorite part of this job was scheduling all the operators in the position for the work day in order to meet the heavy schedule to make deliveries and the feeling – more... that you get when we did it which was 98% of the time which made me proud to be a part of along with my union employees. – less
No room for advancement
Scientist (Current Employee), Bradley, ILOctober 4, 2013
This company is not the worst; however, there is just no room for advancement. You come in at the position you will be at until you retire and only move up if you have connections.
job security
Sanitation (Former Employee), Bradley, ILSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: cafeteria
Cons: training
nice place to work. good benefits, nice food, good hourly pay
Worst of both worlds
Development (Current Employee), King of PrussiaJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: good products
Cons: poor management
Company has the bureaucracy of large pharma with the inexperience of a biotech. Flat organization with no opportunity to advance. Inexperienced and unprofessional management.
Employment opportunity that challenges me
Area Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 24, 2012
Pros: seeing the results of driving the positive outcomes for our team. also, developing new working relationships with the dr.s, r.n's and their staff
Cons: would love more time in the day
Every day varies and you have to be flexible to accomodate to anything that would come up in a given situation. However, if it was an ideal day, I would be at my first office at least by eight a.m. so that I could be the first representative there to detail my products before the physician see's patients. I would make about ten calls that day plus a – more... lunch in-service for an office. Typically the day ends around six p.m. Then I might have a speaker program that evening or I may need to meet with a counterpart. Then when I arrive at my home or hotel I would thoroughly cover my administrative work. I would pull down all emails and respond to them. I would also thoroughly review any e-mails that may have been sent out by my manager or the company, detailing new information and initiatives. I would do this in effort to stay on top of what is expected of me. Next I would review the notes based on my calls that day. I would be absolutely sure that all follow-up information, competitive information and so forth was entered. Of course replicated. Then, most importantly, I would plan and prepare for a successful next day!
I am motivated by many things. Improving the quality of other peoples lives. I am also motivated by numbers. The chance to increase the success of not only my territory, but to drive positive outcomes and results for my district and team as a whole is an enormous motivator.
I have always been very results oriented and passionate about every job that has been given to me. Therefor, I would say the most difficult part of the day would be to take time for myself. Even though my passion and fun is to win, taking time for yourself is important.
I truly believe in having a close relationship with my manager. I enjoy learning new things and pleasing my manager. I also enjoy sharing my winning practices with my manager, so perhaps our team could benefit from them.
I am very much a team player and I enjoy seeing success for my entire team. – less
Re-organization of company is cause for unrest and uncertainty.
Global Project Lead (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAApril 11, 2012
Overall a great company for learning opportunities. In the three and one-half years of employ I've experienced 3 re-organizations and three managers. Global studies in a niche theraputic area has been a wonderful learning experience in this bio-tech company. Opportunities to advance and grow professionally do not exist as the structure is very flat.
CSL Behring is people driven company who puts the needs of their clients as top priority.
Development Scientist, Biology LAL laboratory (Current Employee), Bradley Il.January 20, 2012
Pros: growth in the market, good communication, opportunity for personal development, fair benefits and wages.
Cons: we have lost manufacturing to our other facilities, our product line has diminished.
My former company was obtained by CSL a few years ago. Since the transition there is a feeling of confidence in the company and their ethics, growth and stability.