CSL Behring Employee Reviews in United States

Toxic and venomous environment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 6, 2016
CSL was a stepping stone for my Science degree, so I thought. The information learned had almost nothing to do with working in a lab. The jobs entails much on production, customer service, and numbers. Meaning, how much plasma the company can drain from donors within a day and then prizes with small cash amounts to keep many of them coming back. it's mainly working class, those on disability, students, unemployed o/in between jobs, or out for quick cash donating.
The environment is so toxic from management on down, where behaviors of venomous acts are more than rewarded than discouraged. Management sits back to watch the cameras when they send venomous employees to harass those who do not participate in the middle school "MEAN GROUP" nonsense. The bullying is of that you wouldn't believe from grown ups. The CSL Plasma work environment is AWFUL and damaging to those with a sincere conscience.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bullying, horrible management, and lack of consistency
Too many managers and directors, where not so many qualified employees to get the job done.
Sr Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMarch 25, 2016
Only a few individuals around who lead by example. When it comes to employees, in quite a few departments, there are several disrespectful, disgruntle, dishonest, unethical characters are roaming around in this company.

If you are good at what you do and believe in yourself, stay away or your ability will be hindered due to the culture of this company!
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Lack of resources and technology, Employees' background mismatched with their roles, Too much expectations
Toxic culture (Stay away from this company)
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  P, OregonJune 28, 2016
- Lots of micromanagement by staff that do not know what they are doing
- Same monotone work every day
- Rude management staff that are encouraged by senior management
- Hardest part of the job is being talked to as if you were a child and being treated like you know nothing
- Most enjoyable: non Rude donors and non Rude staff
- Very toxic culture
Pros
easy job
Cons
toxic culture, low pay
Short and nice experience.
HR Ops Partner (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 6, 2016
I was in CSL for about a month which is so short as a contractor but I have gained a lot of experience from this job. It's like working in a company for an year. As an entry-level functional consultant, It's a very good experience working with them.
Toxic Company Culture
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  AnonymousOctober 10, 2015
CSL used to be a strong company and a great place to work. In the last 1-2 years, the company has turned the reigns over to a cadre of poor leaders from the big pharma space who are giving key jobs to their friends and ruining the company day by day. It's gotten to the point where people are literally walking out with no place to go.
Pros
Nice onsite gym
Cons
Incompetent leadership, directionless management, throw people under the bus culture, lack of processes are borderline illegal for an FDA regulated industry
HORRIBLE!!!!! Find work somewhere else!!
MLT (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 15, 2016
I worked here for 3 years and have never seen a larger group of unethical and mean people. The "management" is a joke. Third shift is aswful.

Stay Away!!
Pros
nothing
Cons
poor management
Productive, well managed company
Administrative Assistant to President, bioCSL (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 18, 2016
Well managed company, invests heavily in R&D and future growth. Executive management is well positioned in all facets of company.
Horrible experience
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 30, 2016
Did not have an effective training program for this particular position. Not a caring environment for employees not familiar with the Biotech industry.
The best company I have ever worked for
Packaging / Inspection Supervisor- (Former Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILNovember 13, 2013
The hardest part of the job was balancing between salary and union employee, this was a challenge but, I enjoyed the challenge and learned how to have everyone learn to work together.

My favorite part of this job was scheduling all the operators in the position for the work day in order to meet the heavy schedule to make deliveries and the feeling that you get when we did it which was 98% of the time which made me proud to be a part of along with my union employees.
Pros
the pride of knowing that you were making a product that was saving lives
Cons
i can't really think of anything i didn't like
Great
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Bradley, ILFebruary 2, 2016
Great experience too understand how laboratories function on a day to day basis. Grateful for this learning experience and opportunity.
CSL Behring is people driven company who puts the needs of their clients as top priority.
Development Scientist, Biology LAL laboratory (Current Employee) –  Bradley Il.January 20, 2012
My former company was obtained by CSL a few years ago. Since the transition there is a feeling of confidence in the company and their ethics, growth and stability.
Pros
growth in the market, good communication, opportunity for personal development, fair benefits and wages.
Cons
we have lost manufacturing to our other facilities, our product line has diminished.
No room for advancement/Unprofessional HR Staff
Scientist (Current Employee) –  BradleyFebruary 14, 2014
Do not work here if you are a young, talented individual with the desire for growth within your career--it will be a long time coming. The salaries are bottom tier for entry and mid-level positions following you on the way up.
Pros
corporation benefits, good mission
Cons
incompetent hr, low pay, no room for advancement
Toxic culture...ill stay far from this company
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  West coastOctober 15, 2015
Worked here for 3 years as an area sales manager. One of my worst experiences as a rep. Unrealistic call goals and a culture of micro managing reps.
Pros
Great products
Cons
Inept managers. Schizophrenic and unreliable
job security
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Bradley, ILSeptember 18, 2013
nice place to work. good benefits, nice food, good hourly pay
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
training
Great place
Marketing (Former Employee) –  King of PrussiaJuly 6, 2015
I loved working for this company although marketing and sales seems to have new leaders every 1-2 years. Went through many managers.
Pros
great products and product line
Cons
management changes too much
Good people, great products, lousy management
Clinical Research and Development (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 9, 2014
SEPTA buses should avoid CSL with their culture of "throwing people under the bus", as staff struggle with poor direction, strategy flip-flops, and management blame game. Staffing agencies can't fill roles, as candidates run for the exits and staff look for other opportunities. With a robust pipeline and a specialty niche in plasma proteins, it should not have to be so hard to work but no accountability for directors.
Pros
available training, rehabbed offices, new cafeteria, good place to get some experience
Cons
no processes and first time directors making a mess
I enjoy working at this company.
. (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 29, 2015
CSL Behring is a global leader in the plasma protein biotherapeutics industry. It is rewarding to work for a company that focuses on saving lives and improving the quality of life for people with rare and serious diseases.
Very productive work place. Friendly enviroment
Pharmacuetical Eng. (Former Employee) –  Kankakee,ILFebruary 10, 2014
Everyday was a learning process. The supervisors were very helpful and very easy to communicate with. My co-workers were very friendly and hard working, which made me very hard working and thrive to do my best every day. I enjoyed the hard work because on a good note it made the time go by, but seriosly made me a better multi-tasker and efficient to get work done in a timely matter with no mistakes.
Pros
would would have pot-lucks on every friday if work provided that free time.
Cons
some times did not get a break
Re-organization of company is cause for unrest and uncertainty.
Global Project Lead (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAApril 11, 2012
Overall a great company for learning opportunities. In the three and one-half years of employ I've experienced 3 re-organizations and three managers. Global studies in a niche theraputic area has been a wonderful learning experience in this bio-tech company. Opportunities to advance and grow professionally do not exist as the structure is very flat.
No room for advancement
Scientist (Current Employee) –  Bradley, ILOctober 4, 2013
This company is not the worst; however, there is just no room for advancement. You come in at the position you will be at until you retire and only move up if you have connections.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSL Behring. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8