CSL Plasma Center Employee Reviews

productive and fast paced
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TX 78520August 14, 2017
A very fast paced work, opportunity to learn , cross train, and ability to climb to a better position.lots of great coworkers, very helpful and team oriented ,
Pros
cross training available
Cons
not a fix schedule
Great
Receptionist Tech (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 31, 2017
Screen donors and record vitals in Next Gen. The hardest part was telling donors they did't pass the screening. Management was awesome very culture and versatile workplace.i enjoy it all.
Hours
Quality Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIJuly 31, 2017
The hours are long and the working schedule is not what I expected, you often work long hours and there is alot of favoritism where I work. Your opinion is often discarded and there are a lot of strong opinions where everyone feels their decision is always right.
Pros
Working with people
Cons
Schedule
Stressful workplace
LPN (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 8, 2017
I would not recommend working at the csl plasma center. There is no room for growth. The Center manager is evil, the scheduling is horrible, the staff is childish. Horrible place to work. I will say that if management changed the place would be a lot better
Pros
Productive and interesting place to work wile saving lives.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 25, 2017
Productive and interesting place to work, and the best part is that you're helping save lives everyday. Its a really demanding job, but well worth it if you're able to move up in the company.
Work Balance
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJune 12, 2017
CSL Plasma Center is a great place to work and the benefits are great. The management team is wonderful. CSl Plasma Center facility is very clean and friendly.
Pros
employee incentive program
Cons
Salary
Productive and Fun workplace
Donor Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 1, 2017
As a Plasma Tech, my position was very fast paced and the management were helpful and cheerful upon learning the job requirements. There were always new patients and the environment was fast paced and eventful.
Pros
Educational Experience
Cons
Pay rate
An adventorous place to work at.
Disconnect Support Technician (DST) (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 3, 2017
A typical day at work. I'm at work at 5:30 AM. Myself and other teammates set up about 50 Plasmapherisis machine. Once the donors have donated Plasma. I then disconnect the donor from the machine.
Fun Coworkers, Lacking Management
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORApril 23, 2017
My coworkers were great people to work with, they were the main reason I made myself go to work every day, although they may be a little hard on you to start with. They warm up to people quickly enough but oyu definitely need to not take everything they say to you to heart or too seriously. Everything there is almost always fast-paced and definitely keeps you busy. Most of the donors that come in are pleasant and enjoyable individuals who know the work is stressful and don't want to make things any more difficult than need be for any one.

The major issues I had working for this company were the lack of management's commitment to their employees and the hours that people had to work. I was only a part-time employee with them, which saved me a lot of mental strain that I feel the full time employees have. Time off is difficult to coordinate with management, as they have a habit of either forgetting about time-off requests or flat out ignoring them altogether. If there is an emergency, they also aren't very leniant or understanding.

In all, I gained some valuable experience from CSL, but that was just it, experience. I learned new techniques of phlebotomy, how to better handle people and how to deal with a multitude of situations that are anything but easy-going.
Pros
A lot of experience, fun coworkers
Cons
Disagreeable management, strange scheduling/hours
a calm workplace
Reception Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 20, 2017
typical day at work was calm but busy
i learned to take people's vitals and lot of people skills
management was decent, were not always on top of things
hardest part of job was working alongside people that didn't want to work and complained a lot.
Pros
having contact with customers
Cons
lack of commitment from management and coworkers
Senior reception technician (Former Employee) –  6199 indepence ave kansas city moJanuary 10, 2017
Processing donor's vital signs ua's schedule other co workers breaks. Checking other centers to see if the donors been there
love these job so much
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 22, 2016
I enjoyed working for this nursing home it was the best very loving, caring, and coworkers all worked together. what a great place too work for..
Behind the scenes........
Donor Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Wilton Manors, FLMay 4, 2016
It started off really cool and I was happy to go to work. But somewhere in between, my attitude changed, especially when management was being told of the donor floor issues and nothing was resolved. To this day, the things we address are still being overlooked, the few of us that remain are being over worked to make up for those that refuse to stay, the pay sucks, seems like everyday the rules change to benefit them (mngmnt), and they're so caught up in making numbers that they neglect the fact that we're human not robots!... Would I recommend it? Yes and no! Take the experience and move forward, don't overstay your welcome.
Pros
meet new people, learn a skill and seek advancement
Cons
high turn over, little pay, mngmnt doesn't correct issues
Most fulling job I've ever had.
Medical Reception Technician (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIOctober 9, 2015
This job gave me a great sense of achievement. Having the ability to gather plasma to be used for so many great benifits, and to provide a monetary compensations for donors who needed it.
Pros
Great sense of accomplishment
crazy work environment
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKSeptember 9, 2015
Typical company were men are allowed to sexually harassed co workers, Then are promoted after 3 reports are filed. would not recommend working here
Pleasant
Receptionist Technician/ Donor Support Tech (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSAugust 8, 2015
Job is pleasant to work at , meet new people everyday, learning new things at all time.The haedest part of the job is comminication skills with co-worker sometime mangment .The enjobable part of the job is listening to the donors fuss about the money .
Pros
Working together as a team
Cons
When there is no communication
fun and productive work place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 29, 2015
Csl was a good place to work , everybody worked together to get the job done and to make sure our customers had a great experience.
Pros
off on the holidays and the exknoledged everyones birthdays
Cons
long hours on the weekends
Great staff
Medical reception tech (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXMay 28, 2015
Job duties were great especially for some one like me just starting off. I went from a lab tech to a phlebotomist to a lab supervisor. All learning hands on great place to work until my center closed down
Pros
Friendly staff and great hours
Cons
could have been more cleaner
Professional with great attention to detail
Group Leader/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 14, 2015
Supervise a staff of 24 employees to include training and evaluations. Assist Management to ensure all employees are proficient in knowing federal and state regulations including OSHA, CLIA, COLA, and cGMP.
Pros
Pay
Cons
High turn over ratio
A very great job Csl Plasma
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 29, 2015
I was able to move up, work at my own pace and I learned a lot.
I also have great customer service and I had a very large customer
base there.