CSL Plasma Employee Reviews

Nice atmosphere
Receptionist, (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 26, 2017
Nice co-workers, friendly environment, nice customers. Everyone got along and it was easy to communicate with the supervisors. The coworkers were friendly.
Pros
Friendly Coworkers
Cons
Pay
alot of favortism
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMay 25, 2017
A Typical day is 130 Donors coming in in which we had to hook them up to a PCS machine for 30-60 min depending on how hydrated they are, we have to constantly check machines for any kinked tubing or any hematomas or no flows from donors. When donors are done we disconnect wrap them up and pay them out logging all information in our PDA about their donation. There are times that a donor may have a reaction in which we have to put them into a return and stay with them until they are feeling better.
Pros
Meet many diffrent people, feel like a family, great benifits
Cons
The Pay is not the best
Horrible
Reception Technician / Medical Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 25, 2017
CSL plasma doesn't pay their employees enough. There is no room to advance in the company. The employees work more than managers plus end up pulling more than their weight. It does not have a set schedule.
unprofessional and unorganized
Plasma Processor (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 23, 2017
Unbalanced schedule low pay rate doesnt match how much they make us work bad management constantly changing the schedule managers dont listen to the employers
benefits
Cons
bad schedule unprofessional and unorganized
Fun place
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 22, 2017
Fun place they help people who are sick from the plasma thats been donated they have saved alot of lives though out the years im proud to be a employ hear.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Pay sucks
Amazing place to work!
RN (Current Employee) –  Kent, OHMay 21, 2017
Staff and management is amazing! Perfected many nursing skills from taking health historys to head to toe assesments. Great hours, great benefits and great pto.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Cold in the building
FUN place to work
Donor Support Tech/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Hazel Crest, ILMay 15, 2017
CSL was a nice place to work. Although the starting wage is low there are plenty of opportunities for advancement. during certain times your hours may be long but you can gain a lot of experience.
Productive Workplace
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 11, 2017
Very busy day with a lot of clients. I learned how to correctly to my job in an efficient and orderly manner. I don't find the job difficult at all, in fact its very challenging. I enjoy interacting with the clients.
Enjoyable workplace
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 10, 2017
Working at Csl plasma is great. Like any job it had its ups and downs. Management is definitely one of those things that are positive. They strive to make you better and push you to your limits when it comes to training. A let down about the company would certainly be the pay. As a phlebotomist making $9 is a snack in the face. I really feel once they increase pay for not only entry positions but all positions than employee turn over will decrease surmountablely. This would result in long jeopardy employees that enjoy their line of work since you do work everyday except for two or off the year.
Pros
40 hrs guaranteed full time
Cons
Underpaid
Unorganized company
Sr reception technician (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 10, 2017
Management is horrible and none is too demanding for the pay rates. The benefits are great but that's the only good thing about working for this company
Benefits
Cons
Demanding
learned a lot
Reception Group Leader/ Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Kent WashingtonMay 9, 2017
The work culture changed once management changed and the turn over rate became difficult. At times favoritism and unfair treatment. Poor work hour makes it difficult to have a life outside of the job.
Pros
health benefits and education
Cons
poor hours and pay
management
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  York, PAMay 9, 2017
The management is terrible in the York office. They have "clicks" in there and if you do not get in those clicks you are doomed. You wont be there for long. You have to kiss butt to make it with the company.
Csl plasma typical day
Donor Support Tech (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 9, 2017
clock in , check the word board to see area I would work in. I would retrieve my hospital coat , them I would check in on the floor. I would set up machines for each donor would withdraw the needle when donations are done.
Pros
They work with my schedule
Cons
hostile environment, confusing amongst workers
OK Place Place to work
Donor Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 8, 2017
Ok place to work, pay wasn't great and the hours were long. No health insurance. We were chronically understaffed. It could be a very stressful environment.
Fast-pace, relaxed and competitive enviroment
Donor Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 7, 2017
Typical work day involves clocking in 1-2 minutes before your shift starts. The employee then would get the correct gear (uniform) to be ready for the donor floor. Employee then would start hooking up plasmapheresis machines for donors to get stuck and start their donation process. After the donation process the DST (Donor Support Tech) finish the employee disconnects the
Pros
Fun fast paced enviroment
Cons
Part time didnt recieve any benefits, low pay
Stressful and High Paced
Donor Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXMay 7, 2017
If you want to have a job where its fast paced and stressful, then thats your job. Managers are okay and the employees are alright. Ive worked there for about 10 months and its okay.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
Managers.
Work
Compliance Specialist Alternate (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 3, 2017
It's work. We all need money to live. This review system is not letting me submit anything that is a repeat of what I said before so I am typing this out to meet a requirement that I believe is not productive.
Pros
Work
Cons
Work
Great environment
Tech Reception (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMay 2, 2017
CSL Plasma was a great place to work. It was very clean and organized. The staff was very helpful and followed regulations precisely. The only bad part about working there was potentially being exposed to diseases.
Parma location amazing akron location needs help
Senior Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHMay 1, 2017
While work for csl plasma I worked at two different locations...
Parma location
* Amazing place to work
* Highly recommended
* Great people
* Amazing management

Akron location
* I do not recommended myself but everyone is different
Productive, progressive, beneficial workplace.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZApril 29, 2017
Very efficient, and adaptive center staff. Effective job training, learned multiple skills I can proudly take with me to other employment opportunities. Center Management had it's pros and cons. Management can do a better job of balancing employee needs and company numbers.
Pros
Increased payment rate for employee donations.
Cons
Constant shortage of staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSL Plasma. Our community is ready to answer.