CSL Plasma Employee Reviews in United States

Productive, high stress place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 4, 2016
The donors are definitely the best part of the job. You get to know your usual's and build a relationship with them. The pay is ridiculous for the amount of work you put in and the company does not give out raises often and when they do it's only .30 max. Bilingual employees only receive a .50 raise which is the lowest I've ever received. Also your .50 will be taken away if transferring to a center that is not currently a bilingual center.
Pros
Management often buys lunch for the employees as a sign of appreciation
Cons
No set hours and very low pay
Production
Medical Office Assistant/Patient Care Tech (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 7, 2016
CSL Plasma is a great company for its benefits of the medical demand for plasma. Plasma is used to create injections, pills, medication for burns and shocks, and asthma treatment. The medication helps patients with a weak immune system to feel better on a daily basis. Me and my co-workers we may not see the same as production should flow but overall production is at its best. The hardest part about CSL is the demand is high but the supply is very weak. For the amount of donors we deal with on a daily basis there is not enough employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to collect the plasma that is needed to produce the necessary medication.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No fifteen minute break and on your feet for 8-12 hours.
Do NOT apply for this job!!!!
Medical Services Associate- LPN (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 14, 2016
I was an MSA for 15mo. I loved my job (working with the public) but HATED dealing with staff and management. I am all for hiring people with no medical background, but at least require them to obtain certifications within a certain time frame. There are too many uncertified /novice "phlebotomists" working on the donor floor. The reception staff cares more about breaks/lunches than accepting donors. The management is HORRIBLE: hostile, rude, unskilled with no prior management experience or education. Too many people telling others what to do to the point you do not know who you are reporting to. Instead of hiring more help, the Center Manager piles on more work to the existing staff and threatens removal of breaks, cut down of lunches, etc...to keep them in line. Most that work there cannot go anywhere else due to lack of education/ceritifcation, licensure restrictions, etc. This is the equivalent of unethical hiring practices, hostile work environment and poor management. I am happier now that I have left, though I feel sorry for those that remain. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS JOB.
Pros
Dealing with the public, one hour lunch, compensation
Cons
Everything Else!!!
Poor culture
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 8, 2016
The culture is not good. Lots of nepotism and often teams work in cliques which makes it hard to be productive as a group. Most leaders are too young and immature to be in role and this shows with the lack of culture and non-belief in the 5 Core Values.
Pros
Flexible hours, good benefits
Cons
bad culture
Saved lives and volunteered to the less fortunate
Receptionist Tech (Current Employee) –  Oak Park, MIDecember 8, 2015
A osha regulated company that allows you to save several lives while moving up in a professional manner offering reward and recognition you get to meet and service different people with different aspects on life
Pros
raises, free lunch, rewards
Cons
need more full time positions
Awesome co-workers, horrible company.
Senior Phlebotomist and Donor Technician (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAOctober 25, 2015
Low pay, bad or non-existent benefits, and broken promises. I was hired on as a CSA-b and they told me I had to work my way into the pay scale. I had money in savings and decided to give it a chance. 10 months later still working as a senior phleb, unable to earn enough to keep my head above water. Then when reviewed and discussed pay for CSA-b, no where near what was initially discussed. I had to quit working here full time out of financial hardship if that makes sense at all.
Pros
My co-workers were awesome people!!!
Cons
Awful pay, poor benefits, no real incentives.
Horrible company
Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  ChicagoAugust 12, 2015
They never have enough employees to compensate for the amount of customers. No outside life. Overworked. This is impart because of the unstructured training program they have. On top of which they can never find good people to replace the rotten ones. They pinch a lot of pennies and do not care to provide a clean environment. Their management are all big headed and just do whatever they want. Their corporate are all the same and you can't reach HR for any help. And you still get yelled at for trying to seek help from HR. Expect much of you, pay you as little as possible. Always dig at and criticize every little thing. Horrible experience.
Pros
nice break room, if you get to use it
Cons
little compensation/appreciation, career growth is not managed properly
Great place to advance and have a real career
Senior Phlebotomist- Assistant MAnager (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKAugust 28, 2015
I started as a receptionist and advanced my career through the ranks of every position to assistant manager. Unfortunately a life changing event ended my time there. However, I highly recommend CSL to anyone looking for a career with opportunity for advancement. Training seminars are typically at other centers. The company puts you in a nice hotel and pays your per diem. The corporate team members were super nice I am still friends with many of them today. Like any job your going to run into a few bad apples. but there are policies in place to for those grievances, The company has awesome benefits, and you can invest in stock in the company. I still have mine and get a check every month for my dividends. If you have any kind of problems
(family/ relationship/ stress/ work/ health /etc) they have a number you can call. They will help you find resources in you area to help in any way possible;all free. This is hands down the best company I have ever worked for.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
The donors can get mean when they get deferred
Reception Technician (Former Employee) –  Lincoln Park, MINovember 20, 2015
Fast paced and organized environment. the management is grat and the benefits are awesome. the pay rate could be a little better.
Its a job
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  WisconsinMarch 18, 2016
Pay is low. High over turn rate.Everyone takes the job as a stepping stone to get into a better job . Management doesn't believe in helping out if we are short staffed or need help. They get mad if you ask them to step in for lunches. Open 7 days a week . Only holidays off are new years and Christmas . Donors can be rude and some are nice. Some co-workers are helpful and that makes the day go faster . There is favoritism worn management.
Pros
Pto and holiday pay
Cons
Wages, management
Starter Job
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 7, 2016
I would recommend this job for people who are trying to break into the medical field and for those who are still in school. They work hard at being flexible with your schedule and CSL Plasma can help improve the appearance of your resume. I would not recommend this job as a long term career choice. Pay is below average and the atmosphere is bleak. Most employees are not happy and are always one foot out the door. The all important numbers will win over employee moral every time. Unfortunately they do not need happy employees or happy donors in order to turn a profit. With that all being said, it is not a bad job if you view it as a stepping stone that will help you build a resume. As for those looking for a career that will bring home a little satisfaction at the end of the day, I would strongly recommend going elsewhere.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Job to Put on Resume
Cons
Terrible Moral, Below Average Pay, Atmosphere that Lacks Hope of Things Getting Better
Upbeat Enviroment
Donor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 29, 2016
My work day consisted of screening donors before their donation. I learned how to manage my time, and also I learned valuable customer service. I also learned about how important Plasma donation is in saving peoples' lives. I learned about the risks involved when proper screening isn't done correctly. My coworkers were very helpful and new their jobs well. They took training very seriously and had a lot of knowledge about the Plasma donation process. My hardest part of the job was learning to run the Plasma Aphrereisis machines. My most favorite part of the job was meeting all the different types of people.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Working short staffed
fulltime phlebotomist akron, OH
phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  akron, OHApril 24, 2016
so ive been a fulltime phlebotomist for going on a year at CSL plasma, the job its-self is not bad. unfortunatley the company doesnt value the employees, management is a complete joke, theres bullying and *mean girls* its like high school every day. no moving up the latter either a senior phleb. or reg. phleb because NOONE wants to be a group leader, four times the work for a lousy .50 raise? no way jose! i only make 10.01$ hourly, no OT because they comp my hours, i do the work of 3 people and get NO credit. honestly save your application for a better company. been there 9 months, no way to get first shift unless you have the seniority... m stuck 2nd shift 12p-about 9pm 5-6 days a week. no advancements, no pay increases just at the 6mo. marker, any complaints/concerns get brushed under rug, never changes. all just a load, but noone wants a phlebotomist anymore... need a career change!
Pros
insurance
Cons
non-flexiable hours, horriable pay, management
Great co-workers
Medical Reception Technician (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJune 15, 2016
A typical day at work would be to assist donors in filling out their questionnaire, taking their vitals before being able to donate their plasma. I have learned the eprogesa program to data entry of donor information, how to communicate one on one with donors.
The hardest part of my time with CSL would be when donors are not able to donate they would become upset and at times unable to communicate with. Co-workers are great, helpful, and fun to work with. Can careless about management. Entails a lot of responsibilities and stressful job that's underpaid.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
underpaid
Meh
SENIOR PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 18, 2016
Good luck advancing yourself. Poor management and pay with CSL. Corporate really needs to understand the importance of a work/life balance. Better luck elsewhere.
A company with a great cause!
LAB PROCESSING TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSOctober 16, 2015
The best part of working at CSL is the donors and working with my colleagues. There is a lot of red tape but the growth potential is there.
Pros
benifits
Depends on the management
Plasma Processor (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXMay 11, 2016
plasma centers are a good way to develop skill and multitask with whatever life throws at you. But it comes down to what the management team does for the employees in order to grow and perform better. I really wish we would be appreciated instead of just asking for more donors to process. Greedy at it's finest with money that goes towards the employees is used to buy snacks to sell for IDF. Is this job a good entry level, yes! Is it for long term?? well thats only if you are management position then yes.
Pros
PTO and having places to eat close by
Cons
Shady Management Practices
productive working place
Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 15, 2016
coming into work and getting right to the job, had to be a fast paced worker because sometimes the plasma bottles kept coming through the window that needed to be labled, after crate was full of plasma bottles then I would take them into a freezer and place them in order from the time they came in, had to keep work area clean and sanitary at all times, wiping down counters and work space, shipping out plasma bottles and a the end of each day I had to do a plasma count and make sure all plasma bottles were label and be in the correct place, sometimes I have to manually destroy bottles, after everything checks out in the clear I would then wipe down any equipment I used and get the work station for the person coming in the next morning, restocking and bottles and tech supplies, helping out on the donor floor if needed.
Pros
worked with first job schedule, additional training if needed
Cons
people always calling in
Very good working environment
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Tucson, ArizonaAugust 28, 2015
During my stay at CSL Plasma I Learned how to successfully draw blood from patients to extract the plasma and return blood cells. It is a very well organized work place with advancement opportunities.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Low compensation
Great Place to Start
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 26, 2016
On a typical day this center processes over 500 donors daily. It's a fast past environment with people that come from all different walks of life. I am trained and I work in all 3 areas on any given day. This includes processing, reception, and donor floor. The most enjoyable part of my job is performing phlebotomy and learning about different veins. The hardest part of my job is being pulled in all 3 areas. It can be frustrating but it is rewarding at the end of the day. I can say one thing I have learned from this experience is improving my phlebotomy and customer service skills.