CSM Bakery Products Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bonner Springs, KSApril 11, 2016
Working at CSM bakery was a great opportunity for me.
The employees were very respectful and made working with this company a very great experience for me .The job required working at a quick pace daily. I would recommend this job to everyone.
worst place to work for
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UT 84404April 4, 2016
i hated working there it was the worst job ive ever worked for, they dont care about theyre employees. they wouldnt let you know if there was work until you arrived they dont care about theyre employees at all!
Na
office clerk/receptionist (Current Employee) –  Pleasant View, UTOctober 3, 2015
This place is a very productive work place but going through a temp service really doesn't make it worth it because you don't get any benefits or a guaranteed position
Deployment Support Technician
DEPLOYMENT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GASeptember 28, 2014
•Participated in complete system builds of desktop, laptops upgrades and migrations. Prepared and maintained documentation of technologies, standards and procedures.
•Driver application Deployments based on Make and Model.
•Creating Documentation for Self Help and Internal references.
•Traveled to Multiple U.S. cites and Canada Deploying and Training users on new systems and documenting and installing special applications
Pros
Traveled to Muliple U.S and Canada
Cons
Contract position
Equipment very old, breaks down
Production worker (Current Employee) –  Colton, CaJuly 24, 2014
The equipment is very old, some pieces over 15 years and not taken care of or "PM'd" regularly. Moral very low for all. Working only 3 days days a week, plant running 6 days a week. Sometimes wait for 4.5 hours before 1st break or lunch. HR not helpful, always told "talk to your supervisor" Favortism common practice. Supervisors do have time to be on the floor because of all the office work necessary to be completed. Permenant disable workers (hurt at work) work more days and hours than regular associates.
Busy company with good benefits
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Pleasant View, UTJuly 22, 2014
Going in each day involved plenty of physical labor. Organization, prioritization, and leadership in my area. I learned how to use the scanner system and read content reports, shop orders quickly and easily. Management didn't always seem on the same page so some communication errors and very uninvolved with the rest of the facility. I get along very well with most co-workers. I had a hard time with the lack of communication during our busiest weeks. I definitely loved being in charge of my area, organizing, filling out paperwork, scanning, and computer duties.
short time employment
production (Former Employee) –  tucker , gaMay 26, 2014
There is a lot of potential for this company, the people there on the floor are some of the most personable people i have ever met.
management is stuck in the past, and often unfamiliar with current ideas on positive workplace, and employee development.
The pay is low and generally feeds a "lack of concern culture"
the attendance policy is horrible
Pros
i met some very good friends there working on the floor.
Cons
lack of progressive work culture, horrable attendance policy
Well establish company that cares about what they do.
Assistant Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJuly 26, 2012
Lead employees in making safe and quality product that consumers will enjoy purchasing. The co-workers and management are great to work with, very informative. The hardest part of job is hours, working nights. The thing like most is know that producing a product that consumers will enjoy purchasing. Try to learn new things everyday, it may be about one of employees or the industry.
Pros
employees who are proud of the product they make
Cons
hours
Company in constant flux, aquisitions, selloff, discovery
GM, VP, Business Development (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 6, 2013
Company filled with wonderful talent.
Grew to understand with greater involvement in manufacturing, operations, and strategic business design.
Difficulty in understanding the justification for some of the executive decisions.
Enjoyed, owning and driving SBU's under my guide and serving in my leadership role working to develop and grow the team working with me.
Magament - oversee all QA functions.
Quality Assurance Supervisor/SAP Trainer (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJuly 13, 2015
Great company to work for. CSM has good benifits and is a global company. There is a lot going on and always have new challenges.
Pros
Good Benifits
Cons
Carrer opportunities.

Want to know more about CSM Bakery Products?

Ask a question
If the public only new to not purchase the cakes!
Maintenance supervisor (Current Employee) –  Colton, CANovember 21, 2012
This is a horrible place to work for. The sanitation standards are poor mold is all over and inside equipment. Maintenance is lacking management and employees are not very knowledgeable of equipment. Production has very poor standards as with the QA department. I would suggest not working for this company and honestly not eat the cakes from this company. Just an FYI this is a no label company so if you see wal Mart, Kroger, or any local stores with the store brand as if they made the cake don't eat it. Would hate to see someone get sick or hair from the production workers arms in the food.
Pros
payed well, always work to be done
Cons
never able to take vacation, poor management, no realistic goals within this company, always last minute!
Well paced.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Plain City, UTSeptember 17, 2015
It was a great workforce but i was definitely not impressed with there high turnover rate and the techniques used for there training standards.
The Worse Management
Employee (Former Employee) –  ColtonNovember 13, 2014
The worse place you work for. what so ever no appreciation to your work. a lot of times you miss your break or lunch because of the amount of work of shorting in people.
A lot of safety accidents in this place and no one cars about it.
Company never cared about people.
Management team always hide the truth and not professional.
A lot of favoritism.
The worse culture.
Productive and work with some great poeple, who always tries to help
Mixer operator (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTMay 26, 2014
A typical day, depends on where you are at, but over all you come in and your manager tells you where you will be. Sometimes the schedule changes last minute so you have to be flexible on where you can work. My coworkers are great to work with everyone is friendly and every one helps each other out. We are big on team work and safety there. The hardest part of my job is just when things don't go as planed and nothing is going right so you have to change things to get the job done, sometimes that means you stay late to get the product done. Most enjoyable part is the people I work with, I have made a lot of great friends here and love to help them out.
Pros
Great health benifits, Bounses for being safe and not waisting product.
Cons
Long hours, being moved around last minute.
safe work enviroment
Utility Person (Former Employee) –  Bonner Springs, KSDecember 29, 2014
getiing the line ready for the day schedule,help me have a better communication with the mixer and the depositor operator, i always challenge my self to learn something new every day,either on the line or on with the paper work.
Pros
a litle more free time
Cons
late breaks and lunch
The best part of the job was the people
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAFebruary 26, 2015
Poor Management, inexperienced lazy Supervisor
No appreciation shown for Reps that work long hours You will regret working in Customer Service at this company. The HR DEPT is a pure joke.
Pros
your coworkers
Cons
too many to mention
Awesome
Purchasing/Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJuly 6, 2015
Pay is good depending on what department you are in.
Climate controlled in some areas , great enviorement.
the hours are goo 8 hr days
Great Place to Grow Your Career
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GASeptember 9, 2014
It's a great place to grow your career because you will have the opportunity to do a lot of things early and will learn SO much along the way! The people are really great to work with and the culture is very diverse. But be prepared to work long hours.
Not good
Processor (Former Employee) –  Csm buffaloOctober 1, 2013
Management is racist and treats u like garbage and people up front are even worse. There aren't to many places that are worse than this place. Good luck your gonna need it
Pros
Not many
Cons
Too many too list if you like to be overworked, underpaid and under appreciated this is the job for u
I really enjoyed working there it keep me on my toes ...
Certified Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Trucker GA. 30084August 30, 2013
Responsible for a wide array of forklift duties and assignments
Dump red cans to and from production floor areas.
Keep all recycling cages dumped during course of my shift.
Performs daily inspections all forklifts throughout the facility
Loads material on the sanitation recycling trailer
Keep work areas clean and safe at all times
Train new hires to get forklift certified
Ability to lift 80+ pounds on a regular basis
Orders supplies such as bailing wire and hydraulic oil as needed.

Management is on point at all time he is pleasant to work for and very gracious ....

Co-workers most of them can be and are pleasant ....

I didn't find anything hard about this job it was a normal routine I follow 5 to 6 times a week

the most enjoyable part of the job was operator my fork lift, making it happen ...
Pros
I could always get over time if needed ... and work as late as I would like to
Cons
I didn't like dealing with the Bees on the back doc outside

2.7