CSM Bakery Solutions Employee Reviews

Bad Management
Master Production Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GASeptember 20, 2017
Management increase low morale. Discrimination is often displayed. No chance of advancement. There is the lack there of workplace integrity. Salary is far below the median.
Staff Reduction
Global Director of IT Infrastructure (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 8, 2017
CSM made some very bad business decisions and now is cutting staff. They just keep pushing more work on the people that remain. I expect the company will be sold shortly.
Pros
Free Donuts
Cons
Free Donuts
Cakes are the way of life
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXSeptember 4, 2017
If you are looking to see a diverse baking portfolio this is the place to get the exposure you desire. It is a multicultural place for workers and management staff.
Going through challenging times
Leadership (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 24, 2017
Private equity backed company that was focused on growth and investment. Now focused on divesting in pieces as a result of too many priorities and a poor systems rollout
No Sales - No Jobs
Product Manager - Cake, Muffins & Brownies (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 22, 2017
CSM was once a great place to work. Due to a failed SAP launch, they lost customers resulting in significant reduction in sales. The company has been going through lay offs of quite some time now.
Pros
Great Products
Cons
Corporate Office Location
Productive and steady work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Bonner Springs, KSAugust 15, 2017
decent place to work, with full benefits provided to full-time employees. chance of overtime available every once in a while. Fast-paced environment keeps People Busy and productive.
Cons
40 hours a week are not guaranteed
CSM Bakery Products
Manager Channels/Category Management (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAAugust 10, 2017
Great company with great benefits. If you want a challenging career and a fast-paced work environment, CSM Bakery is the right place to start. Great people, along with great products.
Good company and good people
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCAugust 6, 2017
You stay busy, work with great people. Employees are well trained! Lots to learn! People are willing to help you achieve your goals!

Good benefits too!
Turn back now - don't give it a second look
Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2017
The worst place ever. Senior level management is horrible. They are going through layoffs with still more to come. No clear vision or leadership no road maps.
Pros
no pros
Review of CSM Bakery Solutions
Brand Licensing Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAJuly 18, 2017
Initially, it was a great company to work for, but over the years, bad business decisions, i.e.. the implementation of SAP and a National Product Recall has destroyed the business.
Productive workplace
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAJuly 16, 2017
This was a job temp service job. The temp workers did not get paid a reasonable amount to work at a warehouse. The management was okay but could have been better. The work was constant so that was a plus. Some of the full time employees looked down on the temp workers as if we didn't matter, but no all of them. Some of them were very friendly and easy to talk to.
Great Vision, Needs Focus
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAJuly 2, 2017
This is wonderful place to learn about cross functional activities. You will experience exposure to senior leadership and CEO almost daily. There is a lot going well and a lot going not-so well. The day to day challenges make working here never a dull day.
Pros
Occasional food truck lunches, dress casual, surrounded by talented and driven individuals
Cons
Performance review procedure is a waste of time
Good products and people
Director of Sales and Business Development (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 1, 2017
PE owned and decisions are short term focused. Senior leadership is working to transform culture while deliver above normal financial results. Recent decisions on structure changes and cost management is reducing the value of an organization.
Pros
Quality products
Cons
Short term focus and financial instability
It's a good place to work but the pay is very poor
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJune 28, 2017
In summary it's ok as a job but not long term due to the constant cuts in pretty much all aspects of the job as far as hourly rates are concerned. As well as the yearly reviews that only consist of 2.5% only just once a year compared to management that makes 65 to well over 100 grand
Pros
No prosndue to the fact that so much was taken away from the workers from then until now.
Cons
The max rate is only 17.00 a hour and for other companies that is the starting salary!!!
Well organized with no discrimination
Lead Sanitation Tech/ Production (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAJune 27, 2017
A typical work day at CSM can be difficult for some because we have to follow strict guidelines during inspections like FDA. I have learned a lot since I have been working at CSM.I have gained a lot of experience in many different fields while working here for 14 years. The management is rated about 85% out of 100% there could be some improvements but overall the management is great.The workplace culture is good. We work together as a team and family and we put safety first. The hardest part of my job is making sure whatever i do is 100% correct because i work in the food industry and making sure things are done right is very important. Because we produce products for human consumption. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my work was done well and in a timely fashion and seeing the environment clean and tidy.
Too much forced overtime, poor management
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHJune 24, 2017
Not a good place to work. Seniority is overlooked for favoritism. Very poor management. Warehouse is very unsafe due to people knocking skids off the rack and refusing to fix it
great
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAJune 23, 2017
Shipping department is the best, I work directly with the guys in the warehouse at AI and they have done a great job with turning the inventory and warehouse functions around.
Terrible place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Doraville, GAJune 21, 2017
CSM should be ashamed of how poorly run their distribution facility is. Management there are bottom feeders who are lucky to even have jobs, considering how really dumb they are. If the grocery stores knew how long frozen food sat out and starting thawing, they wouldn't buy from CSM. The USDA and FDA should thoroughly investigate this facility.
Competitive
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJune 20, 2017
This job is extremly competitive and honestly their management team is very professional and very understanding. only reason i left is because it got too competitive for me to where i couldnt keep up with some of the top dogs
Horrible treatment of employees
Material Handler/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Colton, CAJune 15, 2017
They had me working 8,9,10 up to 13 days consecutively without a day off. They would ask me to work overtime routinely, which wasn't a problem. However, they would ask 5-10 minutes before your original time to leave. Other times it wasn't a choice, but actually mandatory. Yet you had no previous knowledge of the extra hours you are about to now work. They gave me a position as clerk and then took it away and said that it was because they needed me more on the production line. They make you take your lunch within the first 2 hours of work, then give you 2 breaks during your last hour of work. I was told when I started as a temporary employee, that I would be able to become a permanent employee after 3 months of employment. I was there for 6 1/2 months before I finally quit.
Cons
short breaks, sporadic breaks, no breaks sometimes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSM Bakery Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8