CSM Corporation Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work!
Director (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 7, 2017
CSM is a great company to work for! I have many talented co-workers at both the corporate office as well as at the hotel level. Associates are hardworking and seem to really enjoy their jobs. The company offers very competitive pay and benefits as well. It's a large enough of a company to offer plenty of growth potential but small enough so that you don't feel like you get lost in the shuffle. Overall, definitely worthy of 5 stars!
nice work places
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2017
the mangers at csm are very hard working and understanding very people like and take care og
f iusse when needed. always helpful if I had the chance to work back wit them I will
its a lot of customer service and you have to clean everything.
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2017
This job is at the airport so there is a lot of walking and things to do to keep busy. The management kind of suck because they are not great with working with person issues. Overall my time was fun, sad, annoying. It's just really what you make it
Pros
Meeting new and famous people daily
Cons
Having to clean everything up to cat poo and vomit
Petty Popularity Contest
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNMarch 30, 2017
I once enjoyed working for this company, but it really is a popularity contest.
The pay isn't the worst, but it doesn't pay the bills either.
They let good people walk out the door, and then you see CSM hotels have all sorts of open positions. Maybe they should practice exit interviews to see why so many people leave.
Time and time again, I saw the outgoing, more "laid back"employees who frequently made lots of mistakes, and made more work for others would get a pat on the back and praise for their outgoing personality.
In general terms, this company praises the "no" employees for the rare "yes," to helping out, and lacks recognizing the "yes'" employees who are willing to always help out.
I feel CSM was once a better run company, but I feel the standards are slipping.
Pros
good coworkers, good guest interactions
Cons
low pay, poor structure of recognition
Engineer l (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJanuary 19, 2017
It's a real good job, I been working here since opening and I like working here, it's very interesting and productive and you learn a lot of new things.
What is life when you work for CSM Lodging
management (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 2, 2015
I worked for CSM Lodging for many years. You are just a number in that organization, and your input doesn't mean anything. If you are not part of the "Boys Club" then you don't have a chance of making it in this company.
They preach that they have this great work/life balance. Once you start working there and drinking the cool aide that they have you drinking, you think it is pretty great. Corporate management just breaths down your neck all the time about labor number, guest service scores, and how to do things their way. Would be nice to have the VP's and higher ups actually spend time in the hotels to see what we all go through. Instead they come to our hotels, and just worry about answering their cell phones and being on their email with no personal contact with us little employees.
Once I started to notice the company wouldn't help me out with time off etc, I started to see the value of the work life balance. They would make me work all the time, but always saw the managers and VP's getting their extended time off etc.
WATCH OUT!!!!
Pros
Hotel Discounts
Cons
work salary people to death, only 6 paid holidays, vacation time is capped at 140 hours even when it is not your fault you can't use it, bonus can be unmanageable.
Good people to work for
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDJuly 14, 2015
Very understaffed for the amount/type of work required. Daily tasks change several times during the day. Some work is to heavy for one person leading to injuries
Pros
Decent Administration
Cons
Daily jobs are to much for one person
July 17, 2015

Thank you for the positive review! We certainly value and appreciate the contributions of all CSM associates, and are glad you took the time to share your feedback. We wish you the very best!

Fun Place to work
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORJuly 7, 2015
I have nothing bad to say about my time with the CSM COrporation. they took care of me very well, there is tons of room to advance in CSM.
July 17, 2015

Do not consider this company as a senior leader
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 13, 2015
The company has no strategy and is managed with an iron fist. If this position is in the corporate office, you will be looking for a new position in 6 months. 9 senior leaders left in the past 12 months, 23 since 2012. Run far and fast.
Pros
Nice physical office space
Cons
lack of ethics at senior levels
July 17, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. It is certainly unfortunate that your experience wasn’t ideal. If you would like to speak with a member of our HR team, please reach out to Jackie at 612-395-7119. We wish you the very best.

Don't do it
Server (Current Employee) –  Renaissance Depot MinneapolisDecember 30, 2014
Restaurant Manager that's the worst you'll see. High turnover. Terribly long hours. No breaks. No communication. No incentives. Tips are good but not worth the loss in quality of life.
July 17, 2015

Stone aged computer system.
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 20, 2014
Front desk at Towne Place Suites has DOS system on computers. Way more complicated than it should be. Easy to make mistakes checking in guests. The pay is low and you have to deal with guests that think they are at a 5 star hotel. Training is no good. One day with a co-worker and one day on computer.
Pros
Most of the staff were nice.
Cons
Pay is too low, Lack of training and technology is behind.

CSM Corporation
Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  St Louis Park, MNApril 1, 2014
I have worked for CSM Corporations for just under 3 years now and this is my second hotel with them. They are a great company, produce quality people, and foster a wonderful working environment. They provide great support and are always pushing you toward success.
good
General Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 27, 2014
I always have a good day at work, making customers happy and must of all Delta. I have clean and clean until they tell me to take a break. i never miss a spot its great to see a smile on the customers face.
July 17, 2015

Did not fit in with the company's culture.
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 23, 2014
Poor management team. Not much support and advancement opportunities. No clear guidelines of expectations and directions.
July 17, 2015

Overall a pretty nice company to work for
CHEF, COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT HOTEL (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 18, 2012
A typical work day for me is to walk in the door, go through the kitchen talk with the kitchen staff on how the breakfast is going, I then proceed to the restaurant and check on the waitstaff to see how they are doing. From there I go to the daily events list and start prioritizing the daily prep list for any banquet meals that are going on that day. Once banquet meals have been prepared, and sent out i check the restaurant staff and kitchen staff again to ensure they are doing well. After that I begin with any orders that need to be done for the day. After that I work on specials for the day. Depending on the day of the week i'll begin the following weeks schedule. Following that I look at next days banquet events to make a production list for the PM cooks for them to do during down time. I'll meet with banquet set up and ensure they have everything they need for the nights sets. I will meet with both front and back of the house restuarant staff and go over specialls, and any other information they might need for their shift.
Overall the on site managment team is really strong and a pleasure to work with. This property has a low turn over rate so there are alot of staff that has been at this location for five plus years.
The hardest part of this job is time management. This is a very hands on position and managing your time is a must.
The most enjoyable part of this job is the people who work here.
Pros
better than average benifits, very good core management staff
Cons
limited number of properties to advance to
July 17, 2015

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CSM Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9