CSM Corporation

CSM Corporation Employer Reviews

CSM Corporation
Front Office Manager (Current Employee), St Louis Park, MNApril 1, 2014
I have worked for CSM Corporations for just under 3 years now and this is my second hotel with them. They are a great company, produce quality people, and foster a wonderful working environment. They provide great support and are always pushing you toward success.
good
General Cleaner (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 27, 2014
I always have a good day at work, making customers happy and must of all Delta. I have clean and clean until they tell me to take a break. i never miss a spot its great to see a smile on the customers face.
Did not fit in with the company's culture.
Anonymous (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 23, 2014
Poor management team. Not much support and advancement opportunities. No clear guidelines of expectations and directions.
Overall a pretty nice company to work for
CHEF, COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT HOTEL (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNOctober 18, 2012
Pros: better than average benifits, very good core management staff
Cons: limited number of properties to advance to
A typical work day for me is to walk in the door, go through the kitchen talk with the kitchen staff on how the breakfast is going, I then proceed to the restaurant and check on the waitstaff to see how they are doing. From there I go to the daily events list and start prioritizing the daily prep list for any banquet meals that are going on that day. – more... Once banquet meals have been prepared, and sent out i check the restaurant staff and kitchen staff again to ensure they are doing well. After that I begin with any orders that need to be done for the day. After that I work on specials for the day. Depending on the day of the week i'll begin the following weeks schedule. Following that I look at next days banquet events to make a production list for the PM cooks for them to do during down time. I'll meet with banquet set up and ensure they have everything they need for the nights sets. I will meet with both front and back of the house restuarant staff and go over specialls, and any other information they might need for their shift.
Overall the on site managment team is really strong and a pleasure to work with. This property has a low turn over rate so there are alot of staff that has been at this location for five plus years.
The hardest part of this job is time management. This is a very hands on position and managing your time is a must.
The most enjoyable part of this job is the people who work here. – less