CSM Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Good people to work for
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDJuly 14, 2015
Very understaffed for the amount/type of work required. Daily tasks change several times during the day. Some work is to heavy for one person leading to injuries
Pros
Decent Administration
Cons
Daily jobs are to much for one person

Comment – July 17, 2015

Thank you for the positive review! We certainly value and appreciate the contributions of all CSM associates, and are glad you took the time to share your feedback. We wish you the very best!

Fun Place to work
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORJuly 7, 2015
I have nothing bad to say about my time with the CSM COrporation. they took care of me very well, there is tons of room to advance in CSM.

Comment – July 17, 2015

Do not consider this company as a senior leader
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 13, 2015
The company has no strategy and is managed with an iron fist. If this position is in the corporate office, you will be looking for a new position in 6 months. 9 senior leaders left in the past 12 months, 23 since 2012. Run far and fast.
Pros
Nice physical office space
Cons
lack of ethics at senior levels

Comment – July 17, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. It is certainly unfortunate that your experience wasn’t ideal. If you would like to speak with a member of our HR team, please reach out to Jackie at 612-395-7119. We wish you the very best.

Don't do it
Server (Current Employee) –  Renaissance Depot MinneapolisDecember 30, 2014
Restaurant Manager that's the worst you'll see. High turnover. Terribly long hours. No breaks. No communication. No incentives. Tips are good but not worth the loss in quality of life.

Comment – July 17, 2015

Stone aged computer system.
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 20, 2014
Front desk at Towne Place Suites has DOS system on computers. Way more complicated than it should be. Easy to make mistakes checking in guests. The pay is low and you have to deal with guests that think they are at a 5 star hotel. Training is no good. One day with a co-worker and one day on computer.
Pros
Most of the staff were nice.
Cons
Pay is too low, Lack of training and technology is behind.

CSM Corporation
Front Office Manager (Current Employee) –  St Louis Park, MNApril 1, 2014
I have worked for CSM Corporations for just under 3 years now and this is my second hotel with them. They are a great company, produce quality people, and foster a wonderful working environment. They provide great support and are always pushing you toward success.
good
General Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 27, 2014
I always have a good day at work, making customers happy and must of all Delta. I have clean and clean until they tell me to take a break. i never miss a spot its great to see a smile on the customers face.

Comment – July 17, 2015

Did not fit in with the company's culture.
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 23, 2014
Poor management team. Not much support and advancement opportunities. No clear guidelines of expectations and directions.

Comment – July 17, 2015

Overall a pretty nice company to work for
CHEF, COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT HOTEL (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 18, 2012
A typical work day for me is to walk in the door, go through the kitchen talk with the kitchen staff on how the breakfast is going, I then proceed to the restaurant and check on the waitstaff to see how they are doing. From there I go to the daily events list and start prioritizing the daily prep list for any banquet meals that are going on that day. Once banquet meals have been prepared, and sent out i check the restaurant staff and kitchen staff again to ensure they are doing well. After that I begin with any orders that need to be done for the day. After that I work on specials for the day. Depending on the day of the week i'll begin the following weeks schedule. Following that I look at next days banquet events to make a production list for the PM cooks for them to do during down time. I'll meet with banquet set up and ensure they have everything they need for the nights sets. I will meet with both front and back of the house restuarant staff and go over specialls, and any other information they might need for their shift.
Overall the on site managment team is really strong and a pleasure to work with. This property has a low turn over rate so there are alot of staff that has been at this location for five plus years.
The hardest part of this job is time management. This is a very hands on position and managing your time is a must.
The most enjoyable part of this job is the people who work here.
Pros
better than average benifits, very good core management staff
Cons
limited number of properties to advance to

2.9