CSM Services

CSM Services Employer Reviews

Productive and Easy Going Workplace
Janitor (Current Employee), Hudsonville, MIJuly 17, 2014
Pros: interaction with the other employees, and teachers/school staff, knowing that you're keeping the school clean for the health of the students and teachers.
Cons: short breaks, depending on the hours you worked we wouldn't get a lunch, no health care
A typical day at work would consist of taking out the trash, sweeping/vacuuming/scrubbing/mopping the floors, cleaning the bathrooms, cleaning the desks in the classrooms, cleaning the windows, cleaning the office of the school, and cleaning the big rooms such as the gym, locker rooms, entrances, lunch rooms, and kitchen. The hardest part of my job here would be the constant repetition. Every day when I went to work I had a set schedule as to what time each thing had to be done. The most enjoyable part of my job was to be able to interact with the other coworkers.
ok work place. no benifits
Custodian (Former Employee), Hudsonville, MIFebruary 26, 2014
this company is ok depending on who u get as a supervisor. they offer a bad benifits package and they dont pay u ur whole overtime.
Place to gain work experience in expanding field
Custodian Supervisor (Former Employee), Hudsonville, MINovember 12, 2013
Pros: learning tricks of the trade, gaining experience, keeping areas safe and clean for students and staff, training
Cons: being ignored, being used, not receiving raise or praise for great work, being denied raise for stepping down from supervision, overworked, understaffed, under-appreciated
I supervised a cleaning team of 17-20 people throughout 7-9 buildings in a school district. Full time Part time and floaters. Being supervisor I had to be reachable. Phone was provided for my staff and the staff of every building being provided with workers. I received calls of all sorts at all times of the day and night. I learned that you have to be tough. You have to remain professional at all times and being supervisor you must always have on your "whats best for the Business" thinking cap.
Management was friendly but not very present. They were not very help full in the times i needed it most. I think it was a great learning experience, both on how to be a great supervisor and how not to be so great. They need to be more available. Not having answers or giving answers at the last minute is unacceptable, especially dealing with school safety and security.
My co-workers were great. with every bunch you get a few bad apples but for the most part I was lucky to have the great workers that i had. They helped me out the most in those hard times where there was no response from upper management on how to handle difficult situations. My team followed my lead respected my decisions and showed great team work and an abundance of dedication. But if you ask anyone that was under my supervisory if they enjoyed their time with the company the yes would be because of the team work we all put forth together under my lead.
The hardest part of my job was being new to the supervisor position. Having high expectations and being let down by the people that say you can count on them to be there – more... to help you through. But it taught me to remain professional, level headed and, smart in every decision. It was hard to work and balance being a new mom but it made me work harder.
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my team. I was a very hard working and hands on supervisor. I made sure they knew how to do things properly and I took great pride in making sure they school district were happy with all aspects of the cleaning. Making sure the teachers, school staff and students were in a safe and clean environment made my work enjoyable. – less
Cleaned classrooms
Custodian (Former Employee), Grandville, MISeptember 26, 2013
Not enough pay, 2nd shift hours, worked with people who were not very consistent, had to work some saturdays
An honest days work
Custodian (Current Employee), Hudsonville, MIJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: order pizza once every two weeks.
Cons: no praise for a job well done, lack of communication with in management.
The account that I am at now is pretty cut and dry so to speak, I have certain tasks that need to be done and when I am finished with those tasks I will help out other co workers with their tasks if needed. My supervisor is absolutely the best and always willing to help out with any situation if it is within her power. Management higher with in the company is not so great, they have a big problem with communication and a lot of times it seems as if they don't know which end is up. I really enjoy working with my fellow co workers we all get along very well, and once every two weeks we order pizza and have a few laughs during our lunch. I think the hardest part of my job is once I have already completed a task, I may have to go back and re-do it all over again because of other people in the building who may be doing maintenance or construction, which can be very frustrating. I have learned that I will not always be able to please everyone, but I know that if I have done my job to the best of my ability with the time allowed and I feel that I have put in an honest days work, then I can leave with a smile on my face.

CSM Services Salaries