CSM Employee Reviews

Temp position with CSM
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Hudson, OHOctober 5, 2017
The opportunity I had working with CSM was great. I wish it could of been for a longer amount of time or permanent. Management was great. The overall position was great and easy to pick up on and I enjoyed knowing I was able to help those in need during such an catastrophic event such as hurricane Irma and Harvey.
High Turnaround, Toxic Culture Resistant to Change
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2017
CSM Bakery Solutions has great products but unfortunately it is also profoundly mismanaged. Due to poor planning and even worse execution of a software implementation the company hemorrhaged hundreds of millions in sales.

The management style, in the area that I was working, was based upon fear. Additionally, there exists a culture of zero accountability combined with zero tolerance for failure. This has led to a situation where the company is paralyzed by fear. There exists a culture where it is possible to fail upwards because no one is willing to accept responsibility for inadequate subordinates.

Finally, the culture there is one absolutely resistant to change. The finance department, for example, continues to try and do business as it did when it was still a relatively small company, not a multibillion dollar conglomerate.

It is sad that such a storied company with such great products could be rammed into the earth.
Learning new things, meeting new people, helping people
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 24, 2017
I enjoy working with my co-workers and the school staff. Everyone is very nice and I felt at home right away. I learn new things everyday and everyday is a new challenge. I love seeing the after results of my hard work and dedication.
busy
Costumer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Clanton, ALAugust 17, 2017
very busy. learned how to manage people hardest part of the job was making sure we were staffed for the day. short lunch. barely able to get breaks. and having to run all over the store
Not for long term
General Labor (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJuly 25, 2017
It is ok for a start out job. Not great for a long term career. Bosses are ok. I have not gotten a raise since been there. Some parts of building look like going to fall apart.
enjoyed job,,
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 2, 2017
fast paced, taking care of customers and cashiers needs, daily learning about the job, different aspects,
most of the management, works well with the team, they could say please and thank you more
diversified work place.
loved all aspects, making sure time management was involved in all the time of getting everything done that needed to be done.
working with public meeting new people.
Pros
the discounts
Cons
changing benefits
Good place to start out
IT Manager / Sales (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTJune 5, 2017
This place has an incredible showroom. Managers have little to no direction and cycle through employees on a regular basis. Overall this is a good place to start out.
Very stimulating position
Student Consultant (Current Employee) –  Golden, COMay 19, 2017
The job provided many daily challenges such as helping customers with printing or with technical issues. My problem solving skills have been greatly heightened by this job.
Not a good place to work,
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAMarch 20, 2017
Management is not fair to the employees. no work life balance at all.
You do what management tell you to do or you would get fired. If production gets behind in schedule you stay their at work until you get caught up.
Maintenance has good people
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAFebruary 13, 2017
Fast paced job producing top of the line products. Good production personnel willing to co-operate with problems. Well supplied shop and parts.
Pros
Occasional dinners.
Cons
Poor work schedules.
Nepotism Reigns At Commercial Siding & Maintenance (CSM)
OFFICE STAFF (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 6, 2017
They use archaic methods to manage the staff. There is no flex time or flexibility with hours. Open communication and feedback is also non-existent. Medical benefits were very costly, and the compensation did not meet area standards.
Pros
Days off
Cons
Lack of flex time; Lack of communication from mgmt.; compensation
Its a nice place to work
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 26, 2017
Working at csm is a great experience if your looking for some quick and easy money. Also if your a college student who needs a good part time job its great. The management at csm could be better but all in all its a fun and productive place to be for quick and easy money.
Pros
Free badge when you start and free uniforms
Cons
Drama
Fast growing and fast paced work enironment
CSM, CSR, and Money Center Attendant (Former Employee) –  Claremore, OKOctober 27, 2016
This place of employment taught me how to be a better person on the job and off the job. They have taught me how to prioritize and focus on the customer in front and not the many in line.
Pros
Plenty of resources for knowledge
Cons
Management is always busy and it is hard to speak to them about ideas or issues
Csm provided an excellent cleaning service
General cleaner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson international airportSeptember 14, 2016
CSM is a great cleaning service with fair hours and wages it just takes a minute to get hired because of the extensive background check that they do
South Miami Region
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 5, 2016
Typically helping customers find the right part for their vehicle. Learned that in order to get promoted must be liked, or have to be favor by one of the District Service Managers in order to get ahead. The job culture requires for the employee to be available whenever is demanded, and the company policy is not flexible with the student/worker that have a school schedule to follow. The hardest part of the job is having to work with employees or supervisor unequally knowledgeable of the product and procedures.
Pros
no experience needed to get hired
Cons
knowing someone to get hired and promoted is a major plus
Great place of employment with great workers.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Roscoe, ILAugust 18, 2016
The work flow here was very well managed. I learned mostly about pricing and inventory as well as working with customers on a daily basis. It was great working with those that were very supportive and on the same page as far as work ethic. The hardest part of the job may have been the time constraints, this was a very fast paced department. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of customers and how they viewed the store as a whole in a positive way.
A Job
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHAugust 15, 2016
Once was a great place to work but the management team has switched from rewarding employees for a job well done to forcing employees to do more.
Pros
Good Insurance
Cons
Constantly cracking the whip.
Great place to work and willing to work with you
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIJuly 14, 2016
This is a great place to work and they are always willing to help you learn if you do not know different parts of the job. They had on the job training as well that I thought was very helpful
Fun atmosphere
(Customer Service Manager), Walmart (Former Employee) –  Cloquet, MNJuly 6, 2016
I learned Lots of new and useful skills at this job such as team playing, time management, customer satisfaction. I loved it so much my co-workers were awesome and everyday brought new challenges. I was never in the same spot long I was always going to different departments and doing different tasks.
Pros
Learned about how each department worked
Cons
Upper management needed better comunication
FamilyOwned Business
REGIONAL DIRECTOR OF SALES AND MARKETING (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 5, 2016
Coworkers were wonderful, internal systems were dated. Long hours covering multiple properties scattered through Virginia.
Pros
Family owned small corp. office
Cons
Family owned small corp. office