CSN Employee Reviews

Fun, friendly place to work
Tutorial (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 5, 2017
I enjoy working with the staff and the students. Helping to gain the knowledge they need to go out there and preform their baccounting skills. The staff was friendly and willing to help
Pros
Helping students
Cons
Not enough students to sign up or would cancel or not show up for their assign help
good school and workplace
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 10, 2017
good place to waork
good place to learn
skilled is the main part of the job
good workplace culture
time management is important
enjoyable to learn, work and shares with others.
Interesting and rewarding work experience
Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INDecember 2, 2016
CSN is a very clean steel reduction facility. Pickle line for cleaning and roll preparation. Two-stand reversing mill for gauge reduction. A wonderful galvanizing line for making a fine finished product. Great place to work.
friendly environment
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INSeptember 7, 2016
my day would start with everyone welcoming me with a big smile, I never felt like a newbie in the environment as all employees were very friendly and worked together in a team and when required would always be willing to give a helping hand. I learnt to be confident enough to learn new things. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I would finish my targets of entering the data within a given time without making errors. The hardest part was of course to leave friendly co-workers who made my short journey a memorable one.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Very productive and fun. Interacting with people and helping them go through college.
Advising Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 25, 2016
A typical day at CSN is listening to the voicemail and calling back our customers and help them with whatever trouble they have. When no customers are around my co-workers and I consult with one another about our classes or what customer was difficult to work with. During the past year I've learned to communicate better with customers, help them with their troubles, inbound/outbound calls, create a connection with those around me, and be more efficient in my line of work. The hardest part of working with CSN, in my opinion, is dealing with customers that expect way too much from us and making and keeping track of our customer's E-Alerts. The most enjoyable part of CSN is meeting new people with personality, great co-workers and supervisors, and potlucks!
Pros
Potlucks, Easy-going supervisors
Cons
Early shift, Rarely rude customers
Great work environment, great people to work with.
Tutor, Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 15, 2016
The people who work in the tutoring department are a great group of people. They offer the best tutors for students. The tutoring costs the students nothing, the tutors are very knowledgable in the subject they tutor. The desk people are courteous and professional, they go out of their way to assist the students any way they can.
Pros
Great group of people who work in the tutoring department.
Cons
I didn't have enough people to tutor to make it worth my while.
Productive, fun, and fast paced workplace.
Wi-Fi, internet, and cable TV installer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 5, 2016
A typical day consisted of traveling to a large commercial building such as a hospital, stadium or warehouse and receiving the work information on the job site. We would then plan how to execute the job in the best way (jobs consisted of installing WI-FI, Hard line, T.V. and internet cable, etc.). I would learn hands on information through my manager, on how to correctly complete the work order on a daily basis. This being the hardest part of my job, always learning at the job site what I needed to do and through my mistakes. Luckily I had an amazing boss who would patiently teach me through my mistakes and teach me through his example.
proactive and fun place to work
Computer Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 15, 2016
Great place to work and every busy but fun. to be myself. great management. to be more dependable. to help rude or upset students. being around people.
Please see resumé
Office assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 5, 2016
•Assisted customers over the phone in a calm and respectful tone
•Fully grasped the company’s billing system in a timely fashion
•Consistent multi-tasking was expected in order to perform job and fully satisfy the customer
•Contacted businesses to collect bad debt
With my educational back ground, I was not able to move to a higher position
Tech II (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 26, 2015
It was hard to get started at CSN due to a totally different type of work. I finally transferred to the Financial Aid IT department which was more my line of previous employment. I enjoyed the type of work for several years. Now, I would like to move on to a part time to full time position.

The hardest part of the job is the current co-workers who are not too communicative. One of staff is very rude and doesn't support other staff except the management.

The best part of the job is the variety of things that I have done over the last 6 years. Also, the Federal Government is always changing things each year and we have to keep on top of all the changes!
Pros
Like the variety
Cons
Not enough to do at times.

Want to know more about CSN?

Ask a question
State tested nurse aide
STNA (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHSeptember 24, 2015
I work as a stna and a cashier I enjoy taking care of people and enjoy my job as a cashier have work both jobs in different places and do like what I do enjoy meeting different people
Mixed Bag
Prefer to not answer (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INMarch 25, 2015
Although they represent the ability to advance in your career, this is not a reality. This is a dead end job.

The Co-worker structure is mixed bag.. In my opinion too much ego accompanies unprofessional manner in the department in which I work. Within my department , however, I do have a a good crew to work with. This assignment was purely luck of the draw.

In my opinion management makes decisions that effect employees that do not effect them. I find the management distant, uncaring or not concerned with employee needs or concerns. Rather than, punishing a few for their misdeeds, they punish the whole group.

Equipment is in poor condition, and in bad need of repair.

Long Hours and Swing-shifts take away from proper life balance.
Pros
Not a lot
Cons
Got lucky on my particular crrew common sense co workers.
Great Job with flexible hours
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Las VegasOctober 8, 2014
Typical Day at work is checking out tools and making sure students have the correct tool for the job.
Schedule
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 18, 2014
Worked 8-5 Monday-Friday. I loved that schedule because I had the rest of the day to myself and I was off on weekends.
n/a
Collector (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 5, 2014
It has been many years, but at the time that I worked there is was a good place, mostly military wifes working there so we knew what each other was going thru.
l dont Know
Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  NevadaJanuary 22, 2014
This is a job, not the best, and not the worst. no advancement. low pay, but you do get paid.
Pros
I dont know
Cons
i dont know
Empresa que da muita oportunidade para quem esta começando.
Operador de Equipamentos de Mina 3 (Current Employee) –  Cong, MOApril 27, 2013
Empresa possui um ambiente muito agradavel para trabalhar apesar de ser uma area de produção e também ao risco de acidentes devido a dimensão de seus equipamentos e também ao número de pessoas que trabalham dentro da mina tanto da empresa quanto das contratadas. É uma empresa que da muita oportunidade pra quem esta começando, eu mesmo sou um e só tenho a agradecer. Mas é uma empresa que deixa muito a desejar em alguns aspectos primordiais.
Fulfilling
Adjunct College Instructor for Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 23, 2012
Loved IT! I taught sales and marketing and shared my real life work experience.
Pros
after hours
Cons
not steady
Fun and rewarding job
Field Satellite Technician (Former Employee) –  Riverside CAJuly 27, 2012
Responsible for installing and trouble shooting integrated satellite systems
• Installed new satellite dishes and hardware for Ford and GM dealers
• Trouble shoot faulty equipment and get systems operational within service level agreement
• Track inventory of what was installed/uninstalled from each site